- About 14 yrs of experience in leading teams technically for software design and development
Software Architecture Experience
- Defining product roadmaps and providing technical leadership for developing software for wireless networking products.
- Experience in providing technical leadership and complete ownership of end-to-end software product development.
- Expertise in defining the software architecture for distributed,realtime wireless and networking systems.
High Availability Frameworks development using Java
- Expertise in designing Linux HA software using clustering and virtualization and Java for Enterprise systems used for mission critical applications.
- Worked on developing Enterprise Systems Management Software development using Java for Power Servers
- Data Center transformation tool development using Core Java.
- Expertise in Object-Oriented software development experience using Design Patterns, Java/J2EE and Unified Modeling Language UML
- Exposure to Web interface development experience using JSP.
- Exposure to web presentation technologies like AJAX XML, XSL, XSLT
- Exposure to JDBC,openJPA and SolidDB
- Experience with SOA Web Services REST based
Big Data and SDN
- Exposure to SDN Software Defined Networking ,OpenFlow,OpenStack concepts
- Exposure to Network Hypervisor Platform Services architecture network virtualization
- Knowledge of Big Data, Hadoop, MapReduce,NoSQL,Storm,RabbitMQ,Cassandra concepts
- Worked on cloud architecture from Security,Networking and Storage perspectives for a platform optimized design.
- Worked on the platform development for Unisys Hybrid Cloud solution
- Worked on the architecture and design of an autonomic Infrastructure and Rules based engine to form a closed loop mechanism for automatic service and resource management.
- Designed the policy manager and Rules based engine interface for automatic management of cloud resources
- Worked on the architectural analysis and design of secure Cloud Access Network.
- Worked on Stealth Internet Gateway design
Software Project Management
- Exposure to Agile,SCRUM methodology.
- Well versed in Software Development Life Cycle processes.
- Expertise in complete life cylce of product development starting from requirement analysis, design, development and test , documentation and delivery of new features
- Experience in complete ownership of developing and maintaining software components
- Contributed to quality measures like code reviews, reviewing test cases, test coverage, metric gathering and analysis
- Experience in Fagan inspection process.
- Involved in writing project proposals.
Operating systems: Sun Solaris and Windows NT /2000, Windows 2000/XP, Linux Red Hat 7.2, Real Time OS: VxWorks and OSE Delta
Tools Utilities: Microsoft Visual Studio tools and utilities, Advent Net C SNMP Agent development tool kit. Rational Rose UML Tool. Tornado 5.1,
CORBA ACE TAO, Vertel, Orbix , Git,Gerrit
Programming Languages C, C , Java
Web Technologies: JEE,JSP, Servlet, JSTL, Struts, EJB, XML/XSLT, JDBC, JAAS, Web component development, REST APIs,WebServices,Atom Publishing Protocol
Protocols: TCP/IP,Mobile IPv6,NAT, ACL, Netfilter,FTP,DNS,Firewall,CDMA2000 1xRTT , WCDMA UMTS RANAP,RLC,RRC,MAC protocols , CAN, Basics of GPRS,PDSN and ATM AAL2/AAL5 ,Network Processors, L2 VPN using MPLS/IP VPLS , DOCSIS Specs, CableLabs Specifications
Network Protocols: Understanding of Firewall ACL,NAT,SSL ,Diameter/RADIUS
Position: Advisory Software Engineer
Design Tool: Rational Software Architect
Mobile Device Management
- Detailed analysis and research on the architectural features of Mobile Device Management platforms from various vendors in regards to: Security Management, Application Management ,Content Management, Policy Management, Service Management
- Research on approaches to Enterprise Application Mobility
Software Defined Networking
- Understanding of SDN concepts and high level architecture of standard Controllers
- High level architecture of SDN controller framework
- Exposure to OpenStack
- Exposure to Network Function Virtualization NFV
Network Hypervisor Orchestration
Involved in the software architecture Service Oriented Architecture-SOA based and design of network hypervisor platform supporting:
- Auto provisioning of network services during new application instantiation
- Dynamically scaling network services and dynamic failover support
- Adapting network services for application mobility
- Holistic View of all the relevant information related to a particular resource
Features Developed for Power systems management:
- Worked on identifying requirements, developing use cases, software architecture, high and low level software design documents, coding and testing of various features of enterprise management systems.
- Supported the documentation and educated the various stakeholders/users for the following features.
User Space File system design using FUSE on Power Firmware Support Processor:
- This feature helps the user in storing and accessing platform dependent data stored in flash device in Linux enterprise systems using normal file system calls.
Enhancement to Optimum allocation of resources of VM in a multicore socket:
- This feature greatly improved the optimum placement of VM in a multicore socket in Power server. This feature enhanced the performance of applications running on such VMs.
Support LDAP based user authentication in Power Management Console
- This feature was developed to overcome the security risks involved in using a hard coded user-id and password. With an LDAP supported user-id and password, the administrator can dynamically control the access to the system.
- This feature involved multiple changes in various layers of the management system software, hypervisor and the embedded software running on the hardware.
RESTful WebServices API design and development for Power management's Northbound interface
- This feature is designed to support GET,PUT, POST and UPDATE operations using REST API as north bound interface for configuration and management of Power hardware server as a part of user interface simplification.
- Involved in software architecture, design and development
- Defined the object model of the enterprise server and VIOS
- Designed and implemented the universally unique id and persistence openJPA framework for the managed objects
Position: Sr Technical Architec
Environment: Linux SLES10 and RHEL5 and C/C , Virtualization technologies like Xen and VMWare ESX.
- Involved in software architecture analysis and design for high availability HA , reliability and fault recovery techniques to be used in carrier grade server, telecom and mission critical solutions.
- Design and Development of HA solutions using C/C and open source solutions such as Heartbeat 2.0 on SUSE Linux 10 and Red Hat Cluster Suite Red Hat Linux and using clustering of Linux nodes and Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, Xen and C/C .
- Design and Development of Load balancing solutions using C/C on Linux Virtual server LVS for scalability and load balancing.