- A motivated proactive professional with around 8years of experience, coupled with strong analytical and adaptive skills in implementing various business applications and productsusingJAVA/J2EE technologies
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life CycleProcess across various workflows Requirement study, Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Deployment and Maintenance in Web Client/Server application development
- Extensive experience in various Java/J2EE technologies includingCore Java,J2EE EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC , Spring IOC, MVC, AOP, DAO, spring batch and security , Hibernateand Java Web Framework along with Web Service/Database related technologies
- Extensive experience in modeling presentation tier using Struts2MVC Model-View-Controller architecture.
- Proficient in Java Enterprise Technologies such as EJB, JMS, JTA, JAAS, JSF, Custom Java Tag Library, JDBC.
- Experience in design patterns including MVC, Data Access Object and Data Transmission Objects, Strategy, Singleton etc.
- Hands on experience in Web Application Development usingClient Script design technologies likeHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Java Script, JQuery, JSON, JSTL and AJAX
- Expertise on entire Software Development Life Cycle SDLC in Intranet and Internet applications using Web/Application Servers like Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss, WebSphere and Weblogic Application Server.
- Exposure to Prototype, Agile, Scrum, Water Fall and Rapid Application Development RAD development methodologies.
- Experience in Java IDE tools like Eclipse, Net Beans.
- Good Knowledge in building and deploying Apache ANT/ MAVEN scripts for deployment and customizing WAR/ JAR file management for web applications.
- Experience in designing and developing Service Oriented Architecture using SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Knowledge in developing mobile applications for Android/IOS/Windows
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL and databases like MS SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11gand tools like oracle Sql Developer and TOAD.
- Excellent ability in gathering requirements from the user to develop Crystal Reports as per the needs of the client and maintain documentation of the reports.
- Exposure to Big Data using Hadoop, MangoDB, NoSQL, etc.
- Ability to achieve immediate and long-term goals and meet operational deadlines
- Experienced in handling end users and troubleshooting real-time issues in production environment including network, operational and application problems.
Platforms : Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7, UNIX, Linux
J2EE Technologies : Struts2, Spring 3.X, Spring Batch Hibernate, JSF, SOAP, MVC
Tools : Eclipse 3.0/3.5, NetBeans, Web Sphere Studio Application Developer 5.1/5.0 WSAD , OracleJDeveloper, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010, Toad, PL/SQL developer
Databases : Oracle8.0/9.0/10/11g, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, MySQL, MS Access
Servers : Tomcat 6.x 7.x, Apache Web Server 2.0.44 and Glassfish Server
Version Control : VSS, CVS, Clear case
Software Programming and Application Support
Confidential is the web application which has been developed to process Health Care claims. It allows users to search the company data repository through the web. The requested data can be displayed in a summary view or through a detailed view. The application involves an automated approval or rejection criteria to pre-process the claims.
- Involved in all project phase discussions and executed project from PDP predefined phase to rollout phase with post implementation activities.
- Involved in enhancing certain modules of web portal using Spring Framework
- Developed web and service layer components using Spring MVC 2.0
- Configured different handler mappings, controller and view resolvers in the spring configuration file
- Implemented various design patterns like Front Controller, MVC, Factory, Singleton
- Followed Agile Methodology in software development.
- Implemented the DAO layer using EJB and Developed Container Managed Persistent Entity Beans for interactions with the database and used JDBC API for database Connectivity
- Implemented Web Services and associated business module integrationfor getting status of claim report.
- Worked on code reviews, debugging, unit testing and integration testing.
- Developed several Controllers to handle the different types of user requests.
- Validated the user inputs using Spring Validator.
- Dependency Injection was used across all the layers of application
- Developed database Schema populating data using SQL statements, PL/SQL Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Bulk uploads
- Monitored error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems
- Worked on JUnit Framework for Test Driven Development.
Environment: Jdk1.6, spring3.x, Oracle 11, PL/SQL, Java script, JSP, Servlets, sub version, Jboss, Log4j, Weblogic 10.0 Application Server, JSP, Servlets, Spring MVC Framework, SpringValidator, Web Services,XML, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procs, JDBC and JUnit
Java Software Architect
Description: Healthcare management System provides an integrated set of functionality committed to the elimination of redundant data entry and the minimization of manual activities. It is designed not only to meet the system needs of traditional, paper-based medical records departmental operations, but also to support the parallel or future migration of paper to electronic media-based medical records.
- Involved in design and development phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Understanding functional specifications, designing and developing creative solutions to meet business requirements.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagramsusing Rational Rose.
- Developed web and service layer components using Spring MVC
- Extensively used Hibernate3.0 in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Used Spring3.0 framework for Dependency Injection and integrated with the Spring Framework and Hibernate.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle 9i database and implemented the Stored Procedures, functions and triggers required for the application.
- Used JBoss 5.1 to deploy the product in Dev environments.
- Spring Validation was used to validate the forms.
- Implemented Complex Business Rules to meet the Business Requirements
- Implemented various design patterns in the project such as Data Transfer Object, Data Access Object, Service Locator and Singleton.
- Involved in Writing Perl and Unix Shell Scripts for automating tasks.
- Implemented and maintained complete Java code build process using Ant.
- Developed logging module using log4j
- Used CVS for version control and deployed application in production Weblogic Application Server.
Description: Online Banking Application defines new application architecture to support the development of new systems to support the bank's sales process and facilitate proposed future third party integrations. Enhancements were done to the existing Banking Applications which offers various features like online banking, creating new accounts and personal loan applications.
- Involved in complete software development life cycle - Requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, system and user acceptance testing of the application.
- Coordinated complex information system developments and implemented technical functions in the Apache Tomcat environment to achieve the desired result in the system enhancement.
- Followed approved life cycle methodologies, created design documents and performed program coding and testing.
- Created UML diagrams Use Case, Class, Sequence Collaboration diagram based on the business requirements using IBM Rational Software Modeler.
- Developed Business Modules and User Interaction Modules for the existing system.
- Implementation of MVC architecture by separating the business logic from the presentation logic using Struts2 framework.
- Created user-friendly GUI interface and dynamic web pages using HTML, CSS and JSP for user access management service application.
- Developed dynamic user interface with JSP, HTML, and CSS.
- Implemented the Model layer with POJO java classes, integrated with Hibernate for Object Relational Mapping and used MySQL as the database.
- Developed unit test cases using JUnit for the newly implemented system.
- Performed extensive cross browser compatibility testing.
- Participated in peer design and code review and analysis and resolved technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Application developed with strict adherence to J2EE best practices.
Confidential Originator is a java web migration project to the existing Power Builder application and provides loan officers with a loan origination system that allows them to take loan applications in the field. This application provides functionalities to collect the borrower's information employment, credit history, assets, and liabilities , create scenarios with different programs and rates, calculate closing costs, score the loan to get the underwriting decision and register the loan.
- Worked with business analysts to fully understand business processes and prepare use cases, class and sequence diagram as a part of unified process.
- Designed and implemented UI layer using JSP, Java Script, XML, XHTML, XSL, XSLT and business logic using Servlets, JSP, EJBs and J2EE framework
- Designed developed the web interface using JSTL in the JSPs that were developed and tested.
- Developed Controller Servlets, Action and Form objects for process of interacting with database and retrieving dynamic data
- Extensively used Struts framework in creating ActionForm and Action classes.
- Developed the system using MVC architecture on Struts 2.0 framework.
- Created Struts config.xml files using Struts framework.
- Implemented the domain objects and services using Java Beans and Session Bean components for keeping track of user activity.
- Configured JMS resources and developed Message Driven Beans for collecting borrower's data and sending information back to user in the application.
- Implemented Business Delegate, Session Fa ade, Service Locator and DAO design patterns.
- Developed extensible XSLT procedures for creating html tables from a flat XML list.
- Involved in writing complex SQL queries for performing transaction with the backend.
- Created build.xml Ant scripts for the building the application and deployment of the .ear file on the WebSphere Application server.
Environment: JSP, EJB 2.1, Struts 2.0, JDBC, Java 1.5, Web Sphere 5.x, WSAD 5.x, XSLT, Ant, Rational Rose, Oracle 9i
Confidential Design project is developed for NZ, JU brands. The goal is to implement the UI of the start page by designing a more user friendly layout and providing the users with more features by providing the new customization option.
- Responsibilities included handling and delivering business requests, analysis and design, code construction and review, testing and maintaining the quality of deliverables in a team of 5 members, delegation of requests to team members and tracking.
- Designed the start page layout with the new UI's in JSPs as per the project requirementsusing Java Beans.
- Implementation of MVC architecture by separating the business logic from the presentation logic using Struts framework.
- Enhanced the application for multithreaded scenarios. Deployed the application under Jboss Application Server and resolved the production issues during migration onto the production server.
- Designed and implemented front end web pages using CSS, DHTML, Java Script, Ajax, JSP, XHTML and JSTL.
- Worked with the team in implementing the drag and drop functionality using JQuery.
- Successfully implemented the Facebook tile into the NetZero start page using JQuery and loading the Facebook UI in an iframe on the start page.