Sr. Java Backend Developer Resume
- Having 8+ years of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes Design, Implementation, Development, Testing, Integration and Deployment of Enterprise Web based applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Expertise in working with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using various methodologies like Agile Methodology (Scrum, XP), Waterfall and Test - Driven Development.
- Extensively used Java 1.8 features such as lambda expressions, Streams, Parallel Operations on Collections and for effective sorting mechanisms and new Date Time API.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, S3 bucket, RDS, SQS, Elastic Load Balancer, Dynamo DB through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Experience in building Micro Service applications using Spring Boot for developing RESTful Web services.
- Experienced working with Docker to deploy custom images and containers.
- Proficient in implementation of frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Boot, Spring Data and Spring Batch.
- Extensively worked on both consumption & producing of REST and SOAP based Web Services usingWSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAX-RPC, Apache CFX and Jersey frameworks.
- Experience with Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, data analysis and web applications utilizingPython
- Good Knowledge of Python and Python Web Framework Django.
- Good Experience in Server-side Framework likeNode.jsand Java script libraries likeReact.js, Flux and Redux
- Experience in developing with various open-source frameworks such asJava Server Faces (JSF), Struts Framework, Tiles Frameworksand ORM Frameworks likeHibernate and iBATIS.
- Expertise in development of multi-tiered enterprise applications using Java/J2EEtechnologies like Struts, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, JDBC, JMS, JNDI and JavaBeans.
- Experience in Core Java and implementing concepts such as OOPs Concepts, Garbage Collector, Collection Framework, Generics, Exception Handling, I/O System and Multi-Threading.
- Experience implementing JAVA and J2EE design patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Business Delegate, Data Access Object (DAO), Front Controller, Data Transfer Object (DTO), Service Locator, Session Facade and Transfer Object.
- Knowledgeable with RDBMS concepts like writing SQL Queries. Working experience of Relational DBMS like Oracle, SQL, MySQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server (MS SQL), DB2 and NoSQL DBMS like MongoDB.
- Experienced in processing, validating, and building XML applications using technologies like XML, XSL, XSD, DTD, XSLTand parsing XML withSAX & DOMparsers.
- Experience in JMS over messaging to exchange the information for enterprise applications using Active MQ, Rabbit MQ and Apache Kafka.
- Have good hands-on experience to develop frontend components using React, and Redux.
- Developed cross browser compatible and responsive web applications.
- Hands on experience on writingunit test cases using jasmine, jest, mocha and react testing library.
- Worked with version controls GIT for large scale applications.
- Good experience to setup, configure continuous build processes using Jenkins, Maven, Ant and Gradle.
- Experience in software configuration management using CVS, TortoiseSVN, GitHub and IBM Clear Case.
- Experience with JIRA, RALLY tool in issue tracking and agile project management.
- Good experience writing application deployment scripts using Shell Scripting and Experience in developing applications onWindows, UNIX and Linux platforms.
- Proficient in Unit Testing with JUnit, Mockito frameworks and Log4j for logging purpose.
- Effective problem-solving skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, good in written and verbal communication. Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Java/J2EE Technologies: Servlets, Spring, JPA, JTA, JDBC, JSP, JSTL, RMI, Applets.
Frameworks: Struts 2.5, Hibernate 5.x, Spring 5.0, Spring Batch, Spring Security, Spring AOP, Spring Core, Spring IOC, JSF.
Web Technologies: HTML, HTML5, CSS/CSS3, AJAX, JQuery, Bootstrap, XML, Grunt, Gulp, JSON.
Database: SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, DB2
Web Services: XSD, WSDL, Apache Axis, SOAP, Restful, GraphQL, JAX RS, JAX WS
Messaging: JMS (Java Message Service), IBM MQ, Apache Active MQ, Apache Kafka.
Web Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic 10.x/9.x, IBM WebSphere 8.x/6.x, Apache Tomcat 8.0/7.x/6.x.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, OOAD, SCRUM.
Testing Tools: JUnit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, Chai, Selenium.
Version Control: SVN, CVS, GIT, and Clear Case
Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, ANT
IDEs: Eclipse IDE, RAD 6.0/7.0, Intellij IDEA, Spring Tool Suite (STS).
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, and UNIX
Software: Visual Studio, Rational Rose, and Microsoft Office
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Java Backend Developer
- Involved in SDLC requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and testing of application developed using AGILE methodology.
- Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS.
- Extensively used HQL and SQL and stored procedures to interact with Oracle.
- Implementing RESTful web services using Jersey API and JSON.
- Good experience in implementation of Internationalization in web applications with spring frameworks along with JSP’s and Servlets.
- Using JSPs in front-end, Spring-framework in business layer and hibernate in persistence layer.
- Using Spring Model View Controller (MVC) 2 architecture.
- Involved in using Spring AOP framework for reusability logging purpose.
- Involved in developing Spring IOC to communicate with the persistence layer.
- Integrated Spring and Hibernate together and worked on developing backend components and services using Hibernate and Spring
- Developing Ant build scripts for deploying the project on WebSphere Application Server.
- Configuring Data Sources for the Oracle database system using IBM WebSphere.
- Developing UNIX Shell scripts for automating project management tasks.
- Using Struts Tiles framework to create layouts in user interface.
- Preparing technical design, unit test cases, detailed time estimation, traceability matrix, impact analysis and code reviewed documents for each iteration task.
- Developing the application with iterative methodology, refactoring the existing code and writing new code.
- Creating Use cases, Class Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams for the system using JUDE UML modeling tool.
- Extensively used RAD with various plugins for implementing various modules.
- Developing JUnit test cases for elements, web beans, handlers and view helper classes.
- Focused on Test Driven Development; thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before writing the functionality.
- Involved in the defect’s resolution for the better quality and increased performance of product.
- Performed the technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Coordinated with Business Analyst, Architecture and QA team to ensure the quality and success for each iteration tasks.
- Using JIRA for design and Quality Centre for bug tracking.
Confidential, South Lake, TX
Senior Java Developer
- Followed Agile methodology and involved in daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning, showcases and retrospective and used JIRA as a tracking tool for the sprints.
- Developed Angular controllers, services, filters and developed HTML templates with various Angular directives such as ng-app, Loan IQ, ng-controller, ng-repeat, ng-if,ng-show, ng-hide,ng-change, ng-blur etc.
- Developed Grid’s used in the system using Slickgrid and created custom grid directive to make the component reusable.
- Used various Angular UI Bootstrap components such as calendars, masks, uploaders, sliders, alerts, modal dialogs etc. for developing the UI.
- Took part in setting up the routing configuration using Angular UI router for various views and sub views.
- Configured Gulp to perform various UI build and test related tasks and used NodeJS NPM and Bower to manage the dependencies.
- Developed Angular services making use of resource service to perform REST API calls to the backend.
- Developed unit test cases using Jasmine and Karma and performed end to end testing using Protractor and Selenium
- Developed REST controllers using Spring Data REST to serve the UI with required JSON data.
- Developed REST exception handling controller advices to respond to bad requests and server side exceptions.
- Used complete annotation driven approach to develop the application using Spring Boot and was also involved in setting up the spring bean profiling.
- Consumed SOAP/ JAX-WS based web services using spring framework and used SOAP UI for testing these services.
- Used REST Client and POSTMAN to test the rest based services and used Junit and Mockito to test the middleware services.
- Worked with Middleware using Message driven by POJO (MDP) after creating QCF, Queue on WebSphere server, and using JMS template for asynchronous functionality for multiple users.
- Used Hibernate in the persistence layer and implemented DAO’s to access data from database.
- Used Node.jsto run Grunt tasks and build properly the project (compile, minify, concat etc.)and Implement modules into Node JSto integrate with designs and requirements. Used GruntJS, BowerJS, Express from NodeJS.
- Involved in enhancing existing MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular and Node) stack applications and provided the required support.
- BuildRESTweb service by buildingNode.jsServer in the backend to handle requests sent from the frontendjQuery Ajax calls.
- Made the integration of data in several applications in favor JSON documents with dynamic schemas using MongoDB (NOSQL) database.
- Created various MongoDB collections and wrote services to store and retrieve user data from for the application on devices and used Mongoose API in order to access the MongoDB from NodeJS.
- Used GIT as version control system, to keep track of all the work & all changes, allowing severaldevelopersto collaborate and used Maven as build and configuration tool and Jenkins for continuous integration tool.
- Involved in configuration and usage of Apache Log4J for logging and debugging purposes. Used RAD as IDE tool to develop the application.
- Prepared Documentation for Unit Test Plan and Unit Test Results for the QA purpose. Participated in the release night shakeouts/overnight deliveries and QA Support.
- Used Veracode for application security scanning and remediated the flaws that were identified in the code.
- Took part in setting up the application with Jenkins and AWS and is involved in builds and deployments to Tomcat server.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Full Stack Java developer
- Actively involved in Analysis, Design, and Development. Successfully followed agile methodology.
- Participated inAgile Development Team and having dailyScrummeeting for progress reporting.
- Worked with Global compensation tool (GCT) team to build own compensation tool for bonus and merit for employees all over the world with client.
- Used ReactJS with RXJS for building rich internet applications, and to optimize in-browser use and to load the module and to improve the Speed. Linked with API data to view render virtual DOM dynamically.
- Worked with ECMA Script 6 features. For build of JSX and ES2015 (ES6) used Babel, webpack.
- Worked with React Router for developing Single Page Applications SPAs.
- Experienced in developing React components.Used Axios with ReactJS for making AJAX Calls.Worked on Web pack for build and webpack dev-server.
- Built REST by building NodeJS in the backend to handle requests sent from the Axios Ajax calls.
- Implemented Microservices for distributing different responsibilities of the system into different services for enhancing cohesion and for reduce coupling.
- Deployed Spring Boot based microservices Docker container using Amazon EC2 container services.
- Actively involved developing proof of concept for a newly proposed application in using NodeJS.
- Worked with modules like SQL for database persistence usingNodeJSto interact with SQL server.
- Worked with JSON web tokens (JWT) for authentication and authorization usingNodeJS.
- Worked with npm commands and using package.json for managing dependencies and dev-dependencies ofNodeJSapplications.
Jr. Java Developer
- Used Eclipse IDE for Java Coding
- Implemented the MVC model for the web application using Struts framework.
- Used Struts Tiles to design the layout of the pages.
- Involved in programming several JSP tags using Structs Tag lib component, to modularize and stream line web page.
- Created XML files to enable users to access the system.
- Created the stored procedures for inserting and updating the data in the database.
- Developed and implemented the business logic component in middle tier using JDBC and EJB framework including stateless session classes and Entity bean classes.
- Tested and debugged rigorously using Junit
- Built the application using ANT.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Server.
- Involved in the performance tuning sessions and suggested few performance improvement techniques such as caching.
- Used SQL queries to perform the backend testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Environment: Java, JDK, EJB, JSP, Structs, Eclipse, Web Logic, Junit, Firebug, SQL, QTP, Junit, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes