Sr. Hadoop Developer Resume
0/5 (Submit Your Rating)
Jersey City, NJ
- A Seasoned Sr.Big Data Developer/Hadoop consultant with 11 years of experience
- Having 9 years of IT experience and 2 Years of working experience in Big Data Hadoop technologies like Map Reduce, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Zookeeper and HDFS.
- Extensive experience in HDFS,Map Reduce, PIG, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, and HBase.
- Extensive experience withETLand Query big data tools like Pig Latin and Hive QL.
- Excellent understanding / knowledge of Hadoop architecture and various components such as HDFS, Job Tracker, Task Tracker, Name Node, Data Node and Map Reduce programming paradigm. Also on Node Manager/Resource Manager/Application Master
- Good Exposure on Apache Hadoop Map Reduce programming, PIG Scripting and Distribute Application and HDFS.
- Good understanding of Yarn Architecture, HDFS Designs, Daemons, federation and HDFS high availability (HA) .
- Experience in Hadoop Shell commands, writing Map Reduce Programs, verifying managing and reviewing Hadoop Log files.
- Hands on experience in big data ingestion tools like Flume and Sqoop.
- Experience intuning and troubleshooting performance issuesin Hadoop cluster.
- Implemented Proofs of Concept on Hadoop stack and different big data analytic tools.
- Migration from different databases (i.e.Oracle, DB2, and MYSQL) to Hadoop.
- Hands on NoSQL database experience with HBase.
- Experience in data management and implementation of Big Data applications using HADOOP frameworks.
- Good database experience using SQL,DB2 Stored Procedures, Cursors, Constraints and Triggers.
- Experience in designing, sizing and configuring Hadoop environments.
- Extensive experience in documenting requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications.
- Highly motivated,adaptive and quick learner.
- Exhibited excellent communication and leadership capabilities.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem solving and technical skills.
- Holds strong ability to handle multiple priorities and work load and also has ability to understand and adapt to new technologies and environments faster.
- Experienced in Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid/ Pricing/ PBM RxClaim) and Banking/Financial (Credit Cards Statement system)
- Ability to blend technical expertise with strong Conceptual, Business and Analytical skills to provide quality solutions and result - oriented problem solving technique and leadership skills
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. Hadoop Developer
- Involved in creating Hive tables, loading with data and writing hive queries which will run internally in map reduce way
- Performed data analysis in Hive by creating tables, loading it with data and writing hive queries which will run internally in a Map Reduce way.
- Developed Pig Latin scripts to extract the data from the web server output files to load into HDFS.
- Applied Map Reduce framework jobs in java for data processing by installing and configuring Hadoop, HDFS.
- Load log data into HDFS using Flume. Worked extensively in creating Map Reduce jobs to power data for search and aggregation.
- Created Hive External tables and loaded the data in to tables and query data using HQL.
- Developed Map Reduce codes for data manipulation.
- Evaluated business requirements and prepared detailed specifications that follow project guidelines required to develop written programs.
- Analyzed large amounts of data sets to determine optimal way to aggregate and report on it.
- Experienced in migrating all historical Claims data from older version to Current System with help of SQOOP for feeds.
- Responsible for all the data flow and quality of data.
- Responsible for end to end development for the client.
- Have Developed Shell scripts for all process to be automated.
- Involved in Designing, development, coding, Unit testing.
- Developed workflow in Oozie to automate the tasks of loading the data into HDFS and pre-processing with Pig
Skills:Java, Mysql, Hbase, Sqoop, UNIX, Apache Hadoop (Big Data), Apache Pig, Hive
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Java Developer/Team Lead
- Developed key modules of the Application using Frameworks / Languages / Tools like JMS, Spring3.0, Struts and persistence using Hibernate
- As applicationdeveloperI was actively involved in designing of various Business Layer and Data Management components of this web based system
- Coding involves writing Action Classes/Custom Tag Libraries, JSP
- Have been involved in the design and key component of the system using PL/SQL procedure on Oracle DB
- Built packages and procedures for designing business rules and Unix shell scripts EOD processes for the applications on the database side for the application
- Providing Quick turnaround for ADHOC Service request and reports and Supporting Liaison Team and Client Services for all customer requests being an SME of the application
- Experience developing for Unix/Linux based systems.
- Development of Tools and Value adds to assist Performance Testing
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, CA
Sr. Mainframe Developer/Tech Lead
- Gathering the requirements from the various Users/Business. Coordinate the preparation of Test Strategy document and review the same.
- Coordinate and perform the development activities - Coding and Unit Testing
- Imparting domain and technical knowledge to the new entrants and also fellow team members.
- Also responsible to perform the analysis for various enhancements, perform impact analysis to find out the systems/programs that could be potentially affected by proposed change(s), coding, and testing and implementation activities.
- Effective offshore coordination to complete the development efforts as per design and review their set of deliverables to meet quality standards and clients expectation.
- Handled a team size of 6 people as an onsite client lead.
- As part of rollout type of works, the responsibilities include gathering the requirements from the clients, performing analysis on the business requirements and development of high level and detailed system design, development activities by involving offshore team, unit testing, system testing, implement the system in to the production environment and providing warranty support.
- Preparation of the following various technical and functional documents (where applicable depending on the request types) Requirement Specification document, High Level Analysis and Approach document, High Level Design Document, Detailed Design Document, System test plan and test procedure document and implementation plans.
- Reviewing the set of deliverables for completeness and correctness to ensure that the business objective is met. Performing rigorous testing. Setting up test environment for User Acceptance Testing
Skills:Cobol, Jcl, Db2, IMS DB
- Involved in Design Review sessions such as Business System Design (BSD), Technical System Design (TSD) Reviews with Business Stakeholders, IT Leads, Business Analyst and Test Leads/Managers
- Created Business Spec documents, Technical Spec documents and Development Test plan
- Conducting Internal Reviews with Impacted teams and approved the test Documents.
- Coordinate with Testing Team for any defects and issues found in testing.
- Preparing Development test plan approach.
- Conduct Meetings with Client Business Leads for weekly status, test approach, defect analysis, Risk analysis and prepare MOM document.
- Ensure that the project documentation is maintained as per Project Life Cycle and all documents are version controlled and maintained for client review and audits.
- Created JCL for executing the batch programs. Used tool to create JCL. Have good experience with DB2 database. Proficient in SQL queries to retrieve the data from DB2 database
- Created multiple online screens using CICS.
- Conducted unit testing for the programs that are developed. Made sure that all the items in test plan get executed as expected.
- Coordinated with Offshore for requirements clarification, schedule requirements
- Received multiple client appreciation for the excellent offshore coordination and timely completion of the project activities
Skills:Cobol, Cics, Jcl, Db2
- Creating detailed level design and specifications for the new development and obtaining sign off from all the stakeholders
- Getting the user requirements by interacting with the various interface teams
- Code analysis, modification and Coding
- System, Regression and Unit Testing with the Test Plan preparation
- Co-ordination with the onsite development team to complete the development efforts as per the design, solving problems and issues faced by them and handling the development of the critical functionality.
- Installing the enhancements in production environment
- Performing rigorous testing. Setting up test environment for User Acceptance Testing
Skills:Cobol, Cics, Jcl, Db2, Mainframe ZOS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes