Android Application Developer Resume
Los Angeles, CA
- 7 years of total development experience, which includes around 4 years of Android Application Development and 3 year of Java applications.
- Excellent in all phases of SDLC including Design, Documentation, Implementation, and Testing in Android applications and Java applications.
- Worked on Android UI components such as TextView, List View, Customized List View, Menus, Edit boxes, Buttons, Checkboxes, Dialog boxes, Alert boxes, Action bars, and Spinners for various layouts in Application development.
- Experienced with Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment of applications.
- Expertise in Object Architecture (OOA), Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) from designing and to their implementation.
- Created Android library project to streamline development of new Android applications
- Trains and mentors interns in Android development and oversees their projects
- Highly experience in developing enterprise level mobile apps using Android SDK (Ginger Bread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, KitKat, Lollipop, and Marshmellow).
- Hands on experience in developing Android Enterprise Applications for mobiles and tablets using Android SDK and ADT tools
- Experience in Android UI toolkit (list views, adapters, dialogs and menus) and Layout Managers.
- Experienced with multiple data storage methods include using SQLite, Shared Preferences, Local Storage and SD card.
- Worked extensively on Facebook graph API, FQL (Facebook query language) to retrieve information like text, Photos, comments to a post, Friends list, location tags etc.
- Worked on translation animation, activity sliding animation.
- Worked extensively on Google maps, which includes - Generating API keys, Adding custom overlays, dynamically adding overlays to the maps retrieving data from real time server and GPS.
- Worked with Activities, Fragments, Android Binding, Android Framework, AsyncTask, Intent Services, Broadcast Receiver, Mediaplayer, SoundPool, Location Manager, Push Notification and Adapters.
- Back-end and front-end programming with C++11, Qt, Java, Android and others. Experience with the GNU toolchain, cross compiling, multithreading with pthreads and Linux kernel/module/driver configuration, compilation and debugging. Extensive use of Eclipse IDE and Linux desktop environments.
- Experience with core Java including AWT and Swing, Java EE elements such as JPI, JDBC, ORM, Hibernate, XML processing and JSON. Extensive use, configuration and administration of Tomcat and JBoss servers. Also have experience with Java Web Start, applets and the spring framework.
Java API: Android API, Google Ajax Search API (REST API), Google Weather API.
Markup Languages: HTML 5, XML, XHTML, JSON, XAML.
Programming languages: C, C++, Java, JEE.
Servers: Web Logic8.1/9.2, Apache Tomcat 7.0, JBoss 5.0, Glass Fish.
Debugging Tools: Log cat, DDMS, J Unit.
Database Tools: SQLite, MySQL.
Parsing Techniques: XML (SOAP API), JSON (RESTful API)
IDE’s: Android Studio, Eclipse, Net beans.
Operating Systems Version Control Tool: Windows (2000/XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1), Ubuntu, Macintosh. GitHub, Bit Bucket
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Android Application Developer
- Designed prototypes to create the new main flow of the application with Justin Mind.
- Participated and conducted SCRUM meeting to review project progress.
- Worked with UI/UX team to design a user friendly interface for Android application.
- Worked in the new design, gave a new look and feel in the app, applying styles and themes following the new Google material design pattern.
- Wrote technical documentation pertaining to the application development process.
- Built the UI/UX implementing Fragments, Recycler View and Card View UI components.
- Used the Parcelable interface to serialize the objects.
- Created custom animations and transitions to improve the user experience.
- Added social media and sign in integration with Facebook.
- Supported multiple screen resolutions using different layouts for portrait and landscape.
- Used ProGuard to shrink, optimize and obfuscate the code.
- Suggested automated payment integration using Google Wallet and PayPal API and Android Wear compatibility for user notification.
- Integrated Flurry for mobile analytics.
- Worked with JUnit to complete all test cases.
- Used of GIT for source control management and continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Used the JIRA for project planning and bug tracking.
- Implemented Universal Image Loader for image downloading, catching and rendering.
- Implemented data persistence using SQLite.
- Resolved issues, fixed bugs and optimized the application.
Environment: Android Studio, JSON, Android SDK, RESTFUL web services, Google Messaging Services, Google Maps API, Picasso, Subversion.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
- Responsible for design of user interface using various custom layouts, TextView, EditText, Button, AlertDialog and ImageView.
- Inserted suitable code to capture the various button and text field events for desired action of each widget
- Used web views, list views and populated lists to display the lists from database using simple adapters.
- Used services, Async tasks and Alert Notifications API to implement events reminder feature into the mobile app.
- Used sync adapters to load changed data from server and to send modified data to server from app.
- Embedded Google Maps API, GPS locations Data into app with zooming controls.
- Involved in working with Location Manager and Restful Web service with JSON.
- Used PhoneGap APIs like Notification, Camera, Media and Vibration to develop hybrid apps.
- Used PhoneGap Device Object to access information about a device and application running a phone gap application.
- Worked on implementing the barcode scanner to add items in store.
- Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
- Developing EJB classes and also corresponding session bean classes.
- Configured JMS and Data sources on weblogic 10.1 Server.
- Developed queries, PL/SQL and stored procedures for data retrieval &updating.
- Used IBM Rational Clear case for Version Controlling.
- Performed Unit Testing and interacted with QA for testing.
- Worked on signature capture device Ingenico isc6580, developed newicg forms for sig cap devices.
Environment: Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, SQLite 3.6, Eclipse IDE 3.5, RESTFUL Web service, JDK 1.6, Windows 7, GIT (version control), Phone Gap 3.0, Eclipse, ADT
Android Application Developer
- My role includes development of web services in spring framework.
- Providing services like registration, Login, Creation of posts, getting the posts etc. The data is stored in Cassandra and retrieved back.
- Developing UI and updating the parsed JSON data for latest information.
- The html and JQUERY mobile page creation, parsing the JSON data for the 1440 minutes of a day and representing the same in a line chart.
- The graph can show the data at the point where user taps on the screen.
- Responsible for the image memory management and the performance of the app. Fragments are used in this application as per the business requirement.
- Fragment navigation issues are effectively dealt with listeners and Callbacks.
- Used Custom Broadcast receiver for updating data in certain screens. Used JSON Parser technique to retrieve data obtained from the Server Calls.
- Effectively used the SQLite DB for retrieving data in case of no network connection.
- Used GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) for pushing the data to the device as a notification.
- The procedure involved creating the GCM framework over the device, registering the device to the third party server and writing a service class to receive the data from the GCM server.
- Used Servlets for the server side implementation of GCM so that more than 2 devices can be registered to GCM server simultaneously with a single API key.
- Using OOPs concepts created POJO classes as the data from the server is sent as dictionaries and the object of this POJO class is used throughout the application.
- Developed the functionality of using threads for downloading images and loading them in a list view in at least 10 views at a time in order to achieve quick responsiveness to the user.
Environment: Android Studio, GIT, Photoshop, Java Eclipse (Juno), STS (Spring Tool suit), Maven, SVN, Cassandra, TomcatV7.0, Android Plug-in’s, Cordova, SVN, Bit bucket.
Confidential, New York
- Developed prototype app for showing the latest the mergers and acquisition deals.
- Involved and designed all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Worked on the backend design for the REST calls for the mobile application.
- Implemented views with scrollable list views, Navigation Drawers and Action bars.
- Utilized tools such as Gradle to streamline build automation and testing.
- Implementation of Android Broadcast Receiver and Services to start and trigger application activities without User knowledge or intervention especially for pages with images and videos.
- Major work involved using Web services, reading data from the website and Implemented Http Communication using KSOAP Data
- Improved the accuracy of web scraper which gathers financial data with more features.
- Developed a tool to create custom mind maps to improve the internal productive
Environment: SDLC, MVC, Content Provider, linear and relative layouts, Fragments, Activities, Async Task, Agile, SQLite, Scrum, adblogcat, SVN, DDMS, Toast and dialog notifications, shared preferences.
- Analysis, design and development of Application based onJ2EEand Design Patterns.
- Used the Struts framework for managing the navigation and page flow.
- Created templates using design patterns (Business Delegate, Service Locator, and Session Façade) extensively.
- Developed the EJB-Session Bean acts as Façade, will be able to access the business entities through their local home interfaces.
- Used JDBC for accessing the data from the DB2 database.
- Provided support for Production and Implementation Issues.
- Involved in end-user/client training of the application.
- Involved in the release management process to QA/UAT/Production regions.
- J2EE,Java1.2, EJB2.0,JavaBeans, JDBC, JSP, Struts1.0, Design Patterns, BEA.
Environment: WebLogic 7.1, PL/SQL, DB2, UML, WinCVS, JUnit, Log4j.
Junior Java DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Involved in Requirements study, Functional analysis, detailed design including entity relations and various table design.
- The web application framework used by the Pilot is Apache Turbine, which follows the MVC design pattern.
- Involved in applying SDLC (Agile, Scrum, RUP, Waterfall) concepts
- Used Maven for as a built tool.
- Created and presented training materials for Groovy, Unit Testing, the Gradle build framework and others.
- Used Groovy for Automating test cases. That’s supports in soapUI tool.
- Designed and developed the Java bean components and O/R Mapping using Hibernate.
- Perform writing, editing, and designing of client applications using Documentum
- Involved in Web content management, Web portlet, Fatwire implementation, internals, concepts and customizations.
- Involved in writing the screen classes and Action classes for implementing the business logic of Pilot and object oriented programming.
- Involved in troubleshooting and integrating various SOA applications.
- Implemented the torque criteria objects to retrieve data from the database, wrote various SQL queries and pl/sql blocks
- Involved in writing Shell and Perl scripts for automation of deployments to JBOSS, Tomcat server.
- Developed a POC for Integration of Spring Web Flow with Turbine Framework, Google Web Toolkit (GWT) and GWT-EXT framework.
- Actively interacted with team members discussing the performance and GUI look and feel of the application.
- Designed and implemented a GUI framework for Swing.
- Worked on Installation and Administration of Tivoli Access Manager for Single Sign-On.
- Involved in Creation of Adobe Flex Families in Content Server and associated the JSP JMS, JSTL, JSF, OOD, J2EE, DOJO, OOA, POJO, AJAX,JDBC and XSD,XML pages to the assets.
- Used low-tech,agilemethods to communicate project progress.
- Configured Oracle application server and IBM Websphere application server (WAS) 7.0 in multiple environments
- Used Turbine Intake.xml for specifying the validations rules.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes