Highly accomplished, results driven IT Executive with consistent record of facilitating corporate success through effective leadership of global technology architecture, solution delivery, and service delivery. Special expertise in practice management, technology strategy development, program and project leadership, and relationship management. Background includes directing 150M accounts, delivering innovative, complex solutions, and overseeing consulting application services, enterprise architecture, and systems integration for companies such as HP, Deutsche Telekom, and Volkswagen. Excellent problem solving, business, and team leadership skills.
Areas of Expertise
IT Strategy Enterprise Architecture Engagement Leadership Design Solutions Sales Support Practice Management Technology Operations IT Services Innovation Technology Deployment Integration Process Improvement Cost / Budget Control Enterprise Services Emerging Technologies Infrastructure Business Continuity Presentations
Consulting Enterprise Architect to help transform the IT to be more aligned to the growing business needs. Implement agile management for increase ROI on IT investments.
Oversee strategic consulting, architecture, design, solution engineering for consulting firm's Healthcare and retail practices. Supervise architects and technical resources. Develop and implement architectural solutions for client accounts to increase business value. Work closely with client CTO and executives on enterprise solutions and initiatives. Developed IT roadmaps from strategy to execution.
Costco Enterprise Architect
- Consulting Enterprise Architect to Costco, help transform the IT to be more agile. Define the Enterprise Architecture, Centers of Excellence and help the architects grow in these roles.
- Help develop the Enterprise Architecture Governance.
- Lead the effort to create the solution architecture profession.
- Lead the effort to make teams work collaboratively.
- Mentored teams on developing vision and strategy.
WellPoint Chief Architect
- Collaborated with the client leadership in the product domain strategy setting sessions. Help develop technical implementation roadmap taking into consideration business process, technical innovations, assets reuse and indentifying risks.
- Analyzed and developed as is and to be architecture in the integration framework, utilizing SOA, Integration and BI capabilities.
- Help presales teams with points of view and technical solutions for products, provider, and consumer and claims domains.
- Created Aspiring Architect Program to develop IT architecture and technical resources.
- Technology, concepts exercised: Java, J2EE, Oracle, DB2, IMS, Cobol, XML, XSLT, FileNet, IBM WebSphere, IBM Data Grid, Data Hubs, MDM, Enterprise Services, Service Orchestration and Choreography, security, scalability and Data Modeling.
Global IT Architect Leader
- Provided IT architecture, innovation, infrastructure and system design, and expense control consulting for 50M automotive account. Supervised architects in US, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Managed software development, implementation, and integration. Served as Chairperson of Architecture Review Board.
- Provided leadership to the architecture review board for the General Motors - manufacturing process area increasing productivity, implementing architecture governance, help reduce cost by standardization.
- Lead the team in Server Consolidation initiative. Analyzed, and rationalized 30 applications, and consolidated 20 of the servers.
- Designed next generation manufacturing architecture, using MES model.
- Created company's architecture review methodology, based on TOGAF model, to improve consistency and transparency. Trained more than 40 architects in the review methodology.
- Contributed to success of Global Performance Management application by leading performance tuning, resolving bottlenecks in COTs and custom application.
- Managed IBM Maximo software global deployment architecture to maximize scalability, tool integration, and systems engineering for manufacturing plants.
- Served as Senior Technical Solution Leader for disaster recovery datacenter build project.
- Technology, concepts exercised : Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure Design, Global Deployment, Regional Deployments, Architectural standards and deviations, Vendor Product Roadmap, Java, J2EE, Oracle, IBM WebSphere, Maximo and Cognos.
Manager, Systems Integration Solution Design
- Directed top-performing architecture, design, and development teams for international firm specializing in information and communication systems. Managed 10M in annual revenue. Performed forecasting, relationship management, needs determination, and RFP estimating. Supervised 6 architects and 20 developers. Administered project budgets.
- Reduced projects costs 66 for Volkswagen's critical dealer parts distribution and management module, to reduce inventory of obsolete and slow-moving parts. Spearheaded integration with SAP system.
- Planned and led migration of 100 databases from Oracle 7, 8, and 9 to Oracle 10. Project included coordination of onshore and offshore resources.
- Lead architect for Volkswagen's extranet system, including Identity Management Solutions.
- Technology, concepts exercised : Enterprise and B2B Integration, J2EE, Service Oriented Architecture, Business Intelligence, Data warehouse, reporting, ETL, data modeling, Structured Methodologies, Large Scale development and deployments, SAP technology Stack, SD, APO, FICO, MM, ABAP, J2EE, Java, JSP, HTML, SOAP, XML/XSLT, EJB, RMI, XML, XSL, enterprise patterns, C , CORBA. Oracle, Sybase, DB2, WebSphere Application Server, BEA web logic, STAR, Business Objects, Cognos and Oracle Reports.