Highly productive and results oriented individual looking for a challenging positio where my diverse skills would be fully utilized to help transform a organization.
Senior Java Developer
- Participate i the evaluation, recommendation, and selectio of software solutions such as applicatio servers, Java frameworks, test suites and change management systems.
- Desig and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures
- Interface with different departments withi the organizatio regarding new deployments
- Researched, designed and developed data obfuscatio infrastructure that allow for offshore team integratio into organization.
- Researched, designed and developed web services that allow organizatio to centralize customer base and accounts.
- Researched, designed and developed tool to facilitate agile daily standup meetings.
- 04/03 08/10 Sabonay Technologies Kumasi, Ghana.
Serve as principal architect for enterprise applications
Contribute to requirements, specification, desig and development of enterprise applications
- Leads advance research team o new technologies such as mobile connectivity, web services, java messaging service and applicatio integratio systems withi the company andthird party solutions such as Apache Camel
- Serves as a mentor to junior staff .
- Teach computer science courses such as Object Oriented programming Using Java, Real-Time and Embedded Systems, Enterprise Applicatio Development, Introductio to Software Engineering, and Introductio to Computers.
- Teach Computer Applicatio i Sports to students of the College of Health
- Serve as project coordinator
- Serve as senior student project advisor.
- Serve as member of various college and departmental committees such as College Ope Day Committee.
ConfidentialSenior Member of Technical Staff
- Contributed to the development of system software architecture, functional specificatio and integratio strategies of software to allow setup and configuratio of one or several optical switch fabrics, service processors, SONET overhead processors and traffic processors.
- Designed and developed a kernel for network processor .
- Designed and developed RS-232 serial driver and mailbox driver that allow communicatio betwee a host system, service processors, SONET overhead processors, a optical switch fabric and traffic processors.
- 11/99 - 09/00 Agilent Technologies Inc, Healthcare Solutions Group Andover, MA.
Senior Software Desig Engineer
- Contributed to requirements and specificatio of Diagnostic Imaging and Communicatio i Medicine DICOM Service Classes for next generatio ultrasound system. Developed architectural pla for DICOM.
- Acts as a Clinical Trials Site Coordinator responsible for planning clinical evaluations involving appropriate internal/external partners - legal, quality/regulatory, acoustic lab, engineers, clinical specialists and hospital personnel. Selects site and seeks management approval for clinical evaluatio plan. Report results of clinical evaluation.
- Designed and developed a number of measurements and calculations to help quantify abnormalities and growth charts of fetuses.
- Campus Recruiter, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA
- 07/90 - 11/99 Hewlett-Packard Company, Medical Products Group Andover, MA.
Software Desig Engineer
- Contributed to the desig and development of a embedded real-time shared software architecture for cardiovascular and radiology ultrasound systems. Responsible for the Inter Process Communicatio IPC software to allow multi-processor communicatio Optio Configuration, System Setup, System Startup and User Control and Feedback LF software.
- Contributed to the development of system level requirements, functional specificatio and integratio strategies of a number of ultrasound equipment.
- Served as the project leader for the user interface group. Visited clinical sites to gather user feedback and perform clinical trials for new imaging modalities. Mentored new hires.
- Designed and developed peripheral control drivers including touch panel and electrolluminated EL panel drivers.
- Contributed to the investigation, design, development, testing, and final support and maintenance of productio software.
- 08/87 - 06/90 Department of Huma Services, Commissio of Public Health, Bureau of Cancer Control Washington, DC .
Computer Systems Analyst
- Computerizatio and processing of all cancer informatio i the D.C. populatio base cancer registry.
- Supervised a Computer Programmer.
- Reported to the management hierarchy of the Bureau of Cancer Control and translated their needs into system specifications and developed applications.
- Worked with computer personnel at the National Cancer Institute regarding SEER data compatibility issues, SEER edit checks, and other cancer data related problems related to the operatio of a Central Cancer registry system.
- Help with the publicatio of the Annual Report of the DC Cancer Consortium.
- 02/86 - 08/87 Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Administratio and Management Washingto , DC .
- Updated and modified as necessary applications and programs for computer users i the Office of Administratio and Management.
- Coded all requests for reserving funds for purchases and/or contracts, and maintained authorizatio documents. Kept track of Financial Management System FMS payment requests, and other related correspondence.
- Identified and resolved hardware/software problems. Installed and implemented new hardware and software. Maintained hardware/software inventories.
- Additional professional activities
- HP Company Campus Recruiter at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Internal Auditor and ISO 9000 Quality Team LF member, Editor, Shared Software Architecture Applicatio Writers Guide.
J2EE Programming with Passion.
- Ja 1995 - April 1998 Stanford University Palo Alto, CA
- C , Computer Networks: Architecture and Protocols, Windows Programming.
- Winter 1997 Northeaster University Boston, MA
- Java With Engineering Applications.
- Programming Languages/Environment/ Technologies
- Java JavaME, JavaSE, JavaEE , C, C /Windows Programming, SQL, XML,HTML/XHTML/HTML5, CSS, EJB, Servlet, JSF, JAX-RS, JMS, JPA, JNDI, SMPP, AJAX, Android, Spring, Struts, RichFaces, PrimeFaces, Apache Camel, MS Macro-Assembler, Perl, Ant, Maven,Eclipse, NetBeans, AWK, R, SAS , SPSS , Desig Patterns, Glassfish AS, Websphere AS .
- Operating Systems
- VxWorks, pSOS, MS-DOS, MS-WINDOWS, UNIX HP-UX, Solaris, Linux and Novell Netware
- Database Systems
- IBM DB2, Oracle DB, MySQL, Apache Derby, MS Access, Paradox
- Professional memberships
- Associatio of Computing Machinery/Greater Bosto Chapter. IEEE Bosto Entrepreneurs' Network.
- Recipient of Hewlett-Packard's Stock Award and Recognitio STAR program award, Hewlett-Packard, Imaging Systems Division's Falco Award for contributio to the development of embedded real-time shared software architecture. Imaging Systems Division's Peer Review Award for contributio to the Peer Review Process. District of Columbia, Department of Housing and Community Development Administrator's Incentive Award. Recipient of the Mayor of the District of Columbia's Outstanding District Employees Award. Recipient of the District of Columbia, Department of Huma Services, Bureau of Cancer Control's award for Outstanding Employee.
- Publications /Conference Attendances
- Stephe Agyepong, Michael Frankli Bosu and James Be Hayfro Acquah , MSEARCH: A Mobile Search Service , Research Journal of Informatio Technology Vol. 3 2 , pp. 108-112,September 2011.
- Stephe Agyepong, Michael Frankli Bosu and James Be Hayfro Acquah, The Formulatio of Complex Queries And Interactions Using SMS Text Messages , Africa Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science Research Vol. 4 6 , pp. 217-220 , June 2011.
- Coaching Perspective i the 21st Century: A Scientific Approach , co-presented at the First Scientific Conference of the College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi August 2008 .
- The Formulatio of Complex Queries And Interactions Using SMS Text Messages , presented at the Second Research Conference of the College of Science, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi July 2008 .
- Building Enterprise Class Educational Software Using Ope Source Technologies and Tools presented at the3rd International Conference o ICT for Development, Educatio and Training, May 28 30, 2008
- Contributor, Bridging The Gap Betwee Structured Analysis And Structured Desig For Real-Time Systems , contributor published i Hewlett-Packard Journal, Vol. 44 No. 4 August 1993 .
- Contributor, Report o the Health Behavior of the District of Columbia Residents , 1987 Government of the District of Columbia.
- Co-editor, The Okyeame Yearbook, A Transcript of Electronic Mail Discussions by a Group of Ghanaia Residents Abroad. 1993 .
- Book Reviews
- A Review of Indigenous Africa Warfare: Its concept and art i the Gold Coast, Asante, and the Norther Territories up to the Early 1900s , authored by Festus B. Aboagye i Africa Today Vol. 58 No 1 2011 125-140
- A Review of Educatio and Democracy i Senegal , Brill, 2011 , authored by Michelle T. Kuenzi i Journal of Africa and Asia Studies. 10 2011 267-279
- A Review of Zimbabwe 's Exodus: Crisis, Migration, Survival , edited by Jonatha Crush and DanielTevera i Africa Today Vol. 57 No 3 2011 98-113
- A Review of Africa 's Liberation: The Legacy of Nyerere , edited by Chambi Chachage andCassam Annar i Africa today Vol. 57 No 2 2010 114-125
- A Review of Chieftaincy, the State, and Democracy: Political Legitimacy i Post-Apartheid South Africa , authored by Michael J. Williams i Africa today Vol. 56 No 3 2010 103-111
- A Review of Gender Genocide i Burundi: The Search For Spaces I The Great Lakes Regio . Indiana University Press, 2007 , authored by Patricia Daley i Africa Today Vol. 55 No. 4 2009 129-143
- A Review of Science, War and Imperialism: India i the Second World War , Brill, 2008 , authored byJagdish N. Sinha i Journal of Africa and Asia Studies. Vol. 8 No 1-2 2009 185-197
- A Review of Canis Africanis: A Dog History of Souther Africa , Brill, 2008 , edited by Lance vanSittert Sand Swart i Journal of Africa and Asia Studies. 7 2008 565-572