- More than 14 years of IT industry experience encompassing a wide range of skill set, roles and industry verticals.
- Strong skills in J2EE Technologies, Web Services, OOAD, UML, Design Patterns, XML Technologies, MQ Series, WebSphere, Rational Rose, etc.
- Served well-known international clients like Bank of Montreal, Prudential Insurance, New York Life Insurance, Ohio Casualty Group, Liberty Mutual, Sweden Bank, Westfield Insurance, Scotia Bank, Anthem Inc.
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture, Solution Architecture, SOA, Application Architecture, Design and Development in various domains like Healthcare, Insurance, Banking, etc.
- Extensive exposure and expertise with IBM's Insurance Application Architecture IAA
- Led and participated in J2EE based architecture and design as per the EA guideline and principles.
- Excellent fundamentals and analytical skills in understanding the key business process in various industries andstrong ability to translate from business to sound technology solutions.
J2EE Skills/ Languages
J2EE, Java, EJB, JTA, RMI, JNDI, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, JMS, AWT, C , C, JTA, JCA, Web Services , JAX-RPC, SOAP, Apache axis, UDDI, Java Server Pages Standard Tag Library JSTL , Custom Tag Libraries, XML, XSL, XSLT, XSD, XPath, JDOM, SAX, JAXP, JAXB, Xerces, Xalan, UML, ESB, AJAX, XStream, iText, Apache FO, Apache JCS, JSR107 , COBOL, Objective C iPhone App development .
Object-oriented Analysis Design OOAD , RUP, MVC, OOPS, Design Patterns, Struts, Tiles, Log4j, IBM Jade, SOX Sarbanes-Oxley Act Process, DAO, Spring IoC/DI Inversion of Control and Dependency Injection , TDD, iText
Rational Rose, RSA, Clear Quest, Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Informatica, FreeMarker, CB2XML, DBVisualizer, JUnit, JTest, CVS, PVCS, Ant, Http Client, Apache Axis, EclEmma, Visio, Data Power, JProbe, SoapUi, JProfiler, JMeter
MQ Series, JMS, Toplink, Hibernate, Spring, ESB,
SOA Service Oriented Architecture , Client/Server n-tier architecture, J2EE, IBM Insurance Application Architecture IAA
WebSphere Studio Application Developer WSAD , Rational Application Developer RAD , Rational Software Architect RSA , Eclipse, Visual Age for Java VAJ
IBM WebSphere, WebSphere Work Manager, Apache, IBM Http Server
IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL, IMS, MS Access
Windows Vista/XP/2000/NT, UNIX, z/OS Mainframe , OSX, iOS, DOS, OS2
HTML, DHTML, CSS, Lotus Notes
Sr. Solution Architect
- Participates in meetings with business stakeholders to determine and understand requirements.
- Conceptualizes high level technology solutions that are aligned to architectural guidelines and principles.
- Elaborate high level solutions as discovery architecture and incorporates feedback from enterprise architects.
- Present the solution to business owners and other stakeholders
- Creates high quality software architecture design artifacts and incorporate feedback from enterprise architects.
- Guides technology team in creating low level system design and perform technical design reviews.
- Analyzes and evaluated technology alternatives for example PDF scrapping solutions .
- Define SOA based application architecture and create service choreography artefact
- Derived WSDL and schemas from the IDM Components and Service Interface definitions fromIBM IAA and IDM which are part of company business architecture.
- Contributed to Software Architecture Document for Predictive Underwriting Application.
- Attend and contribute to Architectural Assessments and Architectural decisions.
- Created Top down EJB SOA services using WSDL/XSDs for each service defined in service interface of respective component. The SOAP services were JMS transport based so as to support heterogeneous IMS systems using ESB/MQ Broker.
- Created Web Service clients and added a simplified interface that configures the client with ESB queues, queue factory and other service configurations.
- Implemented service message interceptors to help ESB in routing the messages to appropriate receiver.
- Re-factored existing J2EE code so as to support integration to new web service objects.
- Added handlers that will add ESB header on the soap message to help identify the destination.
- Created sophisticated harness tools for all the new services, so as to simplify utilization, availability, referencing and testing of these services.
- Some of the service interface implemented were Risk Analysis, Insurance Agreement Object Manager, Underwriting Management, etc. and the service operations were to determine policy summary, get billing data, get D B data, retrieve prediction modifier, etc.
- Applied WebSphere work manager solution, to run the independent commands in parallel leveragingWebSphere threads these commands were taking between 2-8 seconds and were running in series, this saved processing time by approx. 70 .
- Used Apache JCS to cache D B service response
- Study, analyze business use cases and clarify the questions with business users.
- Create Use Case Realization UCR diagrams and reports.
- Update architecture document with new/updated components.
- Create high level and low level design rose models and respective documents.
- Create class diagrams, sequence diagrams for the important business/flows.
- Create low level component/application specification documents to guide development.
- Reviewed code from the architecture perspective.
- Update existing design documents.
- Help/guide team in solving technical problems.
- Review the design and code and create review records with suggestions.
- Discussion with project manager and provide inputs towards project planning, identification of major and minor tasks.
- Mentoring the new team members, provide a high level overview of the system architecture.
- Estimate development/design effort and timeline of tasks and help assignment to developers.
- Provide inputs to prioritize/re-prioritize design and development tasks to meet the SLA
- Provide trainings, project overview and high level architecture to new team members.
- Created IAA-XML framework that translates IAA-XML to Java based IAA-Command Message graph. Applications can use this framework to provide interoperability between Java Command Message objects IAA and IAA-XML. This is currently implemented using XStream, through an abstraction layer, to support future JAXB plug ability.
- Created Command Message Framework utilizing JMS/MDB, to support SOA services enabling command implementers to register them so that the framework could delegate respective IAA-XML command to them.
- JAXB/JAXP: Replaced XStream that was converting DnB service response to Java objects with J2EE standard JAXB coupled with JAXP.
- Refactored existing code using hibernate so that complete object graph for the policy gets saved and retrieved.
- Implemented BOP guidance/scoring modules that uses Deloitte engine.
- Added DAO layers in front of the hibernate implementations for DB2 interactions.
- Database Viewer This utility is mostly like a faster version of DBVisualizer. It provides, a subset of functions provided by DBVisualizer, an user interface where user can enter a table name to view this utility then displays all the columns of the entered table and DB2 operators e.g. ,, LIKE, NULL etc that can be used to easily create a condition. The utility then displays DB2 query and fetches record from the table using the query. This is a fast and easy way to enable a user to query a table at least for those not having DBVisualizer on their systems.
- Fixed defects related to scoring, guidance and commands.
Team Lead/Lead Developer
- Implemented Third Party call modules to talk to SOA based components e.g. Choice Point, MVR and Clue Choice Point is used to get driver insurance score and MVR/Clue for driver history .
- Implemented and re-factored IAA components and fixed the defects related to IAA specification implementation.
- Implemented rating sub-subsystem which uses web service call for policy rating.
- Worked on transforming the policy XML using JAXP and provided rating expected xml.
- Coded SOAP based web service call to external Expert system, which uses blaze engine to run underwriting rules.
- Analyzed and designed print sub module which is used for policy printing.
- Coded MQ Series calls to talk to legacy, which is used to read legacy policies.
- Created User Interface pages using JSP/Struts/Tag Libraries and Tiles.
- Coded Struts Action classes which talks to Application Server over RMI.
- Implemented business validation and process flow in the application layer.
- Used Java implementation of IAA components to build policy agreements with updated information.
- Coded STAT sub-system which sends premium information to external PETA system using MQ.
- Enhanced Policy Saving procedure to Blob.
- Implemented policy publishing of Pub/Sub to notify issuance of policy.
- Meeting with the team weekly to review the work status and assign new work items.
- Fixed defects pertaining to business/UI/backend layers.
- Regular call with the offshore team to determine the work status and address questions.
- Mentoring new team members and bringing them on board.
- Meeting with client to update project status.
Lead Developer/Onsite Coordinator
- Identified the business requirements after discussions with client.
- UseCase documentation for all features of the product.
- Designed the Bankpro sub modules using Rational Rose.
- Used Model View Controller MVC pattern using Servlet controller and JSPs.
- Created sequence diagrams for the important flows.
- Reviewed the code written by team and suggested enhancements.
- Prepared Coding Guidelines for Java code and JSP to be followed by team.
- Implemented the Safety Deposit Box UI interface using JSP.
- Coded Application logic for Safety Deposit Box which talks to underlying Intralink platform.
- Ran JTest to ensure that all the static coding guidelines rules are met.
- Created JUnit test cases and ran them to ensure the system behaviour.
- Worked on fixing the defects reported by customers.
- Participated in defect review meetings with client to discuss defect status.
- Involved in resolving production defects and other production issues.
- Created Thread runners using java Thread APIs which were used to send client requests to existing BISB framework.