Overview With 16 combined years of web development 11 years , network support/engineering, and intelligence analysis military and civilian , offer an excellent range of experiences including implementing and developing web solutions with high and low traffic volume and users. This includes programming and application/graphic design redesigned and developed major online applications for multiple government and commercial organizations, supporting network infrastructure technologies, planning and implementing complex projects, managing project financials, assuring quality systems, and research/analysis support.
Relevant Work Skills
Frontend Performance Engineer
- Led efforts and assessment for frontend performance for sephora.com desktop and mobile . Also implemented Adobe Target on select sections of sephora.com. The performance processes included initial and post page load times, component functionality, dynamic content, home page, category and product pages, checkout and view cart, search, and brands. Multiple tools were used for testing and assessment included real user monitoring RUM such as Soasta RUM and Keynote RUM, which track user experience and events, bounce versus conversion rates, above and below fold render times, component load time, business goals and tracking, real time user metrics. Also used Keynote synthetic for other assessment and tracking. Additional tools included browser consoles Chrome and Firefox and Charles byte by byte tracking, asset info, etc .
- Created and developed a weekly report using the performance metrics tools Keynote and Soasta for the desktop and mobile sites. Reported to the CIO, VP, directors, and all teams and leads.
Lead Software Engineer Frontend
The project is based in AGILE/SCRUM standards daily morning status meetings . I used GIT for the project repository and for our code base command prompt/multiple branches . Jenkins is used to do several builds of different branches to our DEV environments Gifts 1.0 and 2.0 . MYSQL is used for our databases. VPN access is used for remote work. JIRA is used for issue/bug tracking. Maintained an internal wiki for development notes and issue tracking/notes. Worked closely with the design and product team to help consult and set standards for the new features, design PSDs/PDFs , and responsive design practices.
For the current Gifts 1.0 Java/J2EE environment, I routinely updated for Gifts 2.0 the JSP/JSTL for conversion. Local setup technologies include haproxy, tomcat, memcache, and MYSQL. Other dependencies include the Play/Scala setup and VPN to fully run the integrated environments for local development and testing.
Senior UI Developer
- Photoshop and PSDs were used for creative comps. JIRA was used for requirements and task tracking. Tasks were usually completed in one to two week sprints and deployments were done every week. Use of Skype and other resources were needed for communication with an offshore development team located in India QA and UI development . Worked closely with management and the client for requirements and assets gathering.
Lead UI Engineer
- Developed and designed MaestroDev's DevOps application. Responsible for taking lead and developing all front end/user interface core functionality development and design. Technologies used for this project included angular.js framework data binding js/MVC/MVVM , RESTful services/in-house API, jquery, HTML, CSS/CSS3, Git/Github project Git app and command prompt , Postgres, ActiveMQ, Agents, MongoDB, Maven builds , node.js/angular.js for unit testing.
- Communicated and worked with an international team to include members in Australia, Spain, and Texas. Constant use of Flowdock and Skype for daily communication on an everyday basis. Issues and tasks were tracked through Jira and Agile/Kanban.
Senior Web Developer
Quickly learned basics and objects/extensions for the backbone.js framework in relation to the Model, View, Controller MVC structure.