- Global experience with regulatory compliance
- Hands on strategic leader/architect for Cloud infrastructure, SaaS and high availability systems.
- Provide technical due diligence, risk assessments for merger and acquisitions.
- Proven skills in reorganization and creation of departments from the ground-up.
- Set strategy for expanded use of SaaS for back-office systems
- Brought application availability stats from 80 to 99.97 within 9 months. Within first 18 months extended core SaaS infrastructure to consistently achieve 99.99 availability and set-road map for massively available architecture. Identified opportunities to tune proprietary J2EE application performance to make better use of hardware and application server capacity reducing overall costs. Resolved application problem that had caused significant system downtime.
- Provide high-level architecture and build-out oversight for implementation of network and IT infrastructure at new Apex HQ in Mason, Apex EU and LatAm acquisition
- Provided technical and operational guidance for ERP evaluation and subsequent implementation of Epicor 9
- Internal expertise for compliance with HIPAA, PCI and DoD Certificates of Networthiness
- Within first three months of hire: rolled out Salesforce.com Service Cloud for customer support, hired key staff, established Service Desk process for internal needs, established IT purchasing process and technology evaluation standards
- Completed migration of production systems to new data center while maintaining 99.99 uptime
- Define strategy to monetize SaaS data
- Established strong relationships with Oracle and IBM giving Apex access to special programs and technical support
- Support marketing efforts by serving as public face of technology for Apex, interviews, conference presentations and client references
- Supporting R D group through introduction of new Java and web frameworks and protocols such as Ruby and Heroku
- Directed overhaul of all public web applications so they are mobile device neutral and leverage Salesforce functionality.
- Renegotiated licensing for database and application servers during compliance review and gained considerable savings
- Manage IT/technology budget of 25mil.
- Provide center of excellence for time management, project portfolio and program management
- Focus on technical strategy for Pomeroy ERP, client engagements, enterprise data management, reporting and metrics, systems and data architecture including governance and portfolio management.
- Solutions architecture and RFP response
- Responsible for system compliance SOX, PCI
- Managed capital and internal systems budget of 5 mil significant input on overall IT budget of 15 mil.
- Established SDLC management process and architecture standards, introduced Agile programming methodologies and habituated use of change controls.
- Introduced internal project management standards and methodology.
- In 2008 established an enterprise reporting team, standardized format and distribution of customer facing reports.
- Set data integration strategy and selected appliance based approach. Savings of 250,000 over stand-alone EAI methodologies and connector purchases.
- Standardized integration methodology reducing average custom integration time by 20
- Minimum test standards for all system changes defects dropped from 10 per total monthly changes to .02
- Established agile development methodologies including paired programming and test driven development that improved quality and productivity of development team 25 over first year.
- Project on-time completion rate at 75
- Standardized reporting and data governance standards
- Establish enterprise reporting department
- Establish SLAs for report and metric distribution
- Increased efficiency and faster response to client requirements and new business
- Manage personnel that support the legacy ERP, warehouse management, logistics, dispatch and productivity systems. Set technology roadmap and establish process and controls for these critical systems
- Set long-term strategy and architecture for HRIS and Financial IS services, systems and solutions
- Technical management and data governance for outsourced HR system ADP Probusiness
- Facilitate HR and FSS Change Control meetings. Facilitate analysis of process and systems to assist in defining scope of change
- Coordinate maintenance and change windows, and SLAs with Distribution Center and Service Depot
- Facilitate or participate in process improvement planning for Purchasing and Warehouse groups
- Technical lead for SAP implementation, technical liaison between business and external system integrator. Provide guidance to project management office and project administrators. Sit on Project Steering Committee
- Establish development guidelines for use of ABAP vs Java within Pomeroy SAP environment
- Coordinate selection of Basis administration outsource firm and implementation partners
- For SAP project set project phases, define limits for customization of FICO, Service Management, Logistics and HCM modules
- Define integration of SAP FICO with ADP payroll services for subcontractor and 1099 employees
- Define data governance standards
- Set basic change control guidelines for Financial Support Services FSS systems including legacy ERP Astea D1 , Siebel CRM, Vertex and FAS Encore for fixed assets
- Signatory on 10Q prework and 9 1 subcertification
- Work extensively with VP Finance and Controller on improvements in ERP processing times.
- Set roadmap for expanded use of EDI, Ariba, other B2B connectivity
Convergys is a global leader in business support billing systems , customer care and HR services listed on the S P 500. In 2006 the company revenues were 2.58 billion. Hired to establish the Collaborative Systems Development team and expand collaboration and process automation for the enterprise. In this role I introduced new rapid application development methodology leveraging agile techniques, which was new to corporation. I served as technical architect and led the team that created the Convergys Proprietary Web Publishing Tool a proprietary XML transformation routine that creates a dynamic, personalized menu within a Domino container. Set architecture and led teams that built self-service applications to front or enhance existing ERP system. Managerial duties included supervisory responsibility for a staff of 12 direct reports and variable contract resources. I had dotted line authority over seven infrastructure and administration team members supporting the intranet. Required to set and manage SLAs with Network Services Teams. Evaluate hardware performance and tuning for collaborative infrastructure. Managed capital/project budgets up to 2.8 mil and departmental budget. 1.5mil Served as overall expert for collaborative, workflow and system integration development and performance best practices. Received 2005 and 2006 company awards 'Power of One' Champion based on internal customers commendations for quality, integrity and customer service.
- Managed IBM support relationship. Quarterly SLA reviews, yearly contract review
- Lead negotiator for license reconciliation negotiations with IBM and Microsoft
- Directed team assigned to improve collaboration platform performance intranet, workflow and email . Analyzed administrative routines and processes and prepared instructions for remediation.
- Led initiative to evaluate internally developed project/timekeeping system for replacement with third-party project/portfolio management tools.
- Subject matter expert to Information Security team and Network Services in areas of Identity Management, provisioning and application security.
- High-level design for middleware layer to support long-term business intelligence plans.
- Evangelist for test-first and agile programming methods.
- Led effort to evaluate and select on-line meeting and distance learning tools.
- Initiated project to combine employee demographic data from multiple HRIS systems into single store. Principal architect of solution that automates creation of permission and distribution groups from HR demographics. This solution support CVG globally, and provides personalization and security for Intranet and other systems using the Collaborative Systems Directory Services. Group Builder process provides updated groups based on a nightly feed from the HR system. Subsequent modification of group update to accommodate global workforce allowing updates to follow the sun will use XML syntax from data warehouse.
- Architect for method to combine data from legacy VSAM HR system with Oracle data for display on intranet self-service. Used XSLT transformation from intermediary data store. This allowed for early deployment of limited self-service to employees to meet critical business and financial goals.
- Technical architect for application that created a ticket via a web form in a back end legacy trouble reporting system. Submit of web form activates STRUTS framework servlet that gathers field information, matches against active staff, populates legacy system and activates ticket system.
- The Convergys Intranet Portal features self-service password reset, 3 strikes- lockout and challenge questions. built in a period of 3 months, Required manipulation of Domino C API through DIIOP. I served as principal architect, and brokered agreements with HR and Legal to permit implementation. This project required facilitation of competing groups, guiding them to recognition of common interests and best long-term outcome.
- Invited to join group established to create global information security policies, served the executive policy committee as a technical expert until leaving the company
- In 2002, after consolidation of HRIS Systems to PeopleSoft, planned and launched first instance of LDAP and directory services at Convergys using Domino Directory. Based on availability of Directory Services identified solution to create all accounts for Collaborative Systems Applications and LDAP directory from HRIS system through automation of hires, transfers and terminations feeds from PeopleSoft. Was system architect and project manager for team that built account provisioning solution. Solution extended to Active Directory supporting LAN/WAN log-in.
- Principal architect of standard redirect routines designed to integrate non-LDAP compliant and legacy systems into Intranet sign-on. This includes connectivity with local United Way ePledge and Fine Arts Fund .Net app , as well as vendor systems such as Carlson Travel's on-line booking and other internal systems. Routines are servlet or script based. Identified methodology to create ephemeral credential string off server session token that strengthens AES algorithm. Other custom sign-on integration projects involved integration of internal niche productivity application written in .Net with Intranet log-in and personalization.