Project Management: Microsoft Project, SAP, Microsoft Office, Life Cycle Value Stream Management, Role of Technical Project Manager, Project Management Fundamentals, LEAN Fundamentals
Procedural and OO Languages: C, Enterprise COBOL, PL/SQL, PROLOG, ADA, Pascal, ADS/ON-LINE, ASSEMBLER
IBM Mainframe Systems: IBM Operating Systems, SQL, CICS, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, PLATINUM, VSAM, EASYTRIEVE
Configuration Management: Endevor, Perforce, ClearCase, ClearQuest, PREP, SCR/PR Database
Databases: DB2, IDMS/R, DL/I, Oracle, MySQL
Systems Design: DOORS, UML
E-mail: Lotus Notes, MS Outlook
Software Implementation Architect
- In charge of the architectural design and lead a team of three developers to get the legacy applications/components migrated to Linux based platform while automating more than 90 of the steps to create all the software deliverables for the state of Florida Assessment Administrations. This has resulted in reducing the time required to support the Spring assessment administrations by 30
- Develop solutions to close the gaps between products
- Develop generic software tools that can be easily reused across multiple projects
- Assess the new requirements from the customer and design the required solution
- Support and respond to all the customer inquiries and the adhoc requests
- Performs hands-on role in the development and troubleshooting of the COBOL / JAVA / Perl programs, XSL transformation, PL/SQL Functions and SQL queries for the purpose of the migration. The development environment involved IBM mainframe under ES/9000, DB2, COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, PLATINUM and VSAM.
- Linux environment involved RedHat, Bash scripts, Perl, JAVA, XML, XSL transforms, Oracle.
Project Engineer/Project Manager
- Overall responsibility for Software and Systems development on three Avionics Display and Radio Tuning programs, with a total budget of 5 million.
- Responsible for leading teams of 8 to 20 engineers.
- Led and coached others to bid efforts for Systems and Software development activities, which included identification of effort, budget, planning, and staffing.
- Led design plan development, and tailored project schedules to align to the Federal Aviation, Rockwell Collins and Department of Defense process guidelines.
- Networked with other departments to identify areas of improved efficiency, lessons learned, and keep the project moving forward.
- Led efforts to plan, execute and coordinate projects across multiple functional areas as a Technical Project Manager using the Earned Value Management System EVMS . Kept project moving forward in critical areas such as infrastructure and Radio Tuning Application even though there was a high degree of technical uncertainty. Managed the subcontracting/outsourcing vendors in China and India performing the formal software verification and certain development tasks. Managed the risks and opportunities for the assigned projects through developing the mitigation / proactive and the contingency plans. Managed the changes initiated by the customer or other parties using a formal procedure for Change Control Management
- Mentored both new and experienced engineers in areas such as setting up project schedules, working with other teams in a manner that reduces wasteful conflict. Coached team members and identified their goals, and the problems they are facing - then communicated these to management as necessary
Release Lead / Senior Software Engineer
- Led the quarterly implemented software releases. Responsible for software development and deployment of the web-based and Legacy Billing Systems.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring teams of 5 to 8 software developers and systems analysts.
- Led the team to bid efforts for Software development activities, which included identification of effort, budget, planning, and staffing.
- Interact with Business Analysts, multiple development teams, testing teams and the user groups within the company for defining both the business and the system requirements for the project.
- Led the design meetings and setting up the specifications for the documentations and the code verification procedures.
- Hands-on role in designing, coding, testing, troubleshooting and resolving the ongoing production problems for the Web based applications accessing Legacy data on DB2 tables. The development environment involved IBM mainframe under ES/9000, CICS, DB2, COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, PLATINUM, IBM WebSphere Application server, J2EE platform, JAVA, JSP and XML.
- Involved in configuring and troubleshooting JAVA/J2EE, Web applications in production environment.
- Led efforts to plan and coordinate of effort across multiple functional areas as a Technical Lead. Define the tasks and timeline for the quarterly software releases. Managed off site development tasks. Reported the progress and status of the project to the management and track the outstanding issues. Managed the changes initiated by the users by following a formal procedure for Change Control Management. Managed risks and opportunities.
- Mentored both new and experienced software engineers in areas such as using SQL queries from JAVA Classes.
Senior Systems Analyst
- Prepared the analysis and design documents for the quarterly implementation of the software releases. Played a vital role on the construction and coding phase in addition to the testing, troubleshooting.
- Carried the pager as an on call developer and resolved the ongoing production problems. The development environment involved IBM mainframe under ES/9000, CICS, DB2, COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, FILEAID, PLATINUM and VSAM.
- DB2 DBA Tasks - Performed the role of a backup DB2 application Database Administrator Application DBA .
- Performed all the setup required for the DB2 test regions.
- Prepared and optimized the Embedded DB2 SQL queries for the Billing application.
- Developed ADHOC queries to satisfy reporting needs of the management.
- Led a team of three software developers to convert a VSAM based General Ledger and Accounts Payable applications into DB2 based.
- Prepared the analysis and design documents for the migration project of the VSAM based applications into a DB2 based.
- Converted the main files of General Ledger and Accounts Payable applications into DB2 tables.
- Modified all the related batch programs, CICS programs and the related JCL.
- Performed the testing, troubleshooting and resolving the ongoing production problems. The development environment involved IBM mainframe under ES/9000, CICS, DB2, COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, Easytrieve and VSAM.
- Designed, Coded and implemented several financial and administrative systems General Ledger, Assets Tracking, Equipment Maintenance . Implemented major changes to the applications by introducing new relations to the IDMS data base Sets.
- Updated all the system's dialogs implemented in ADS/ON-LINE and the COBOL programs.
- Performed testing, troubleshooting and resolving the ongoing production problems. The development environment involved IBM mainframe under ES/9000, CICS, IDMS, COBOL II, TSO/ISPF, ADS/ON-LINE and VSAM.