Working with United Health Care Optum since August 2008
- 9 years of IT Experience in Software Analysis, Design, Development of Web Bases Applications
- Strong Core Java experience through effective use of design patterns like Builder, Factory, Singleton
- Experience in populating UI fields through asynchronous AJAX using REST based services.
- Beginners Level Experience in BPM with PEGA PRPC 6.1
- Experience in code refactoring, to reduce memory footprint, following outlined Java Best practices, with standard quality documentation and unit testing.
- Used hybrid model as SDLC, where certain evolving requirements used Scrum based Agile approach for iterative development, and for definite requirements used Waterfall.
- Experience working on migrating application on ALUI Oracle Web Centre platform to Spring Tiles, by integrating Spring 3.0 modules and Apache Tile.
- Experience working in using Spring Modules Webflow, Spring MVC , Struts Framework with the implementation of Model Control view design pattern. Recently worked on application upgrade from Spring 2.0 to 3.0
- Exposure to Application Server like IBM Websphere 7.0, BEA Web Logic 8.x and Web Container like Jakarta Tomcat 5.1.
- Experience in working with database like Oracle8i/9i/1og and knowledge of DB2, MS Access, and PL/SQL.
- Experience of working with platforms like Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, AIX, UNIX, Solaris, Linux.
- Experience in using SVN, CVS and Rational Clear Case as versioning control.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team as well as individually.
- Languages : Java
- J2EE Technologies : EJB 2.0, Servlets 2.2, JSP 2.0, JDBC, JNDI, RMI
- Database : Oracle 8i/9i, DB2 UDB, MS Access
- BPM Technologies : PEGA PRPC 6.1
- XML Suite : XML, XSL, XSLT, JAXP, SAX, DOM, JAXB
- Web Services : SOAP, WSDL and UDDI
- Frameworks : Jakarta Struts framework 1.2, Spring Framework 2.0 3.0, Hibernate 3.0, J2EE Design Patterns, Apache Tiles
- IDE : WSAD 5.0/5.1.x, Eclipse 3.x, RSA 7.0, RAD 7.5
- Web/App Servers : IBM Web Sphere 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Web Logic 8.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x
- Design Methodologies : SDLC, RUP, UML
- Operating Systems : Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000, AIX, UNIX, Linux, Solaris
- Tools : RAD 7.5, Eclipse, JUnit, ANT, Maven 2.0, Log4j, Microsoft Visio 2003,
Role: J2EE WebService Developer
Confidential application is a call centre portal based Rich UI application hosted on ALUI platform now Oracle Web Centre . Over the period the version of ALUI platform user, along the architecture is no longer supported by Oracle, thus forcing upgrade to new version, which in turn required complete redesign of application. At this point, the decision was thoroughly evaluated to basically totally move the application away from ALUI platform to a much lighter and cost effective Spring Tiles based architecture.The move to Spring Tiles architecture made iLEAD a vanilla j2ee application, bringing with it the multiple benefits like elimination of the extra portal layer, reduction in points of failure, easy future upgrades, efficient development with lighter third party components, to name a few.
- Development of POC to demo effective Spring and Apache Tiles integration using latest stable version of components. This POC later was used as a template by other developers to build upon specific application components.
- Provided needed support in on boarding of infrastructure services, security and networking team, to build all non-prod and prod application Spring Tiles environment
- Integration of SiteMinder with Application
- Performance Tuning of Application through participation/analysis of regular performance tests, creating/reviewing performance test scenarios.
- Leading of various Modular Enhancements for Spring Tiles conversion
- Design Reviews, Code Reviews, Unit Test Case Reviews, Suggestions for Improving Performance Of Application, constant effort in code refactoring to reduce memory footprint etc
- Creating/Updating Application Architecture Diagrams, CCD Component Context Diagram , Documenting Authorization and Authentication Mechanism, Process Flows for major architectural changes
Role: Application Development Consultant
Description: Ovations Enterprise Services, in alignment with Part D Operations and Shared Services Operations, has identified an opportunity to establish an integrated service center desktop solution. iLEAD project / application as a solution is intended to provide an end-to-end view of the customer, establish and support the integration of processes across the enterprise, and improve the customer's overall experience by enabling the enterprise to service more effectively and efficiently across the following customer-centric areas like Appeals Grievances, Benefits, Clinical etc.LEAD application is hosted on a Portal Environment with a strategic interest of point based representation of widespread information by virtual collaboration of discrete host systems like Claims, Provider, Benefits , providing a way for enterprises to provide a consistent look and feel with access control and procedures for multiple applications and databases, which otherwise would have been different entities altogether.
- Configuration and Maintenance of all prod/non-prod application environment Application Perspective
- Administrative Preparing of Environment for subsequent release activities in terms of component based access to users etc
- Performance Tuning of Application through participation/analysis of regular performance tests, creating/reviewing performance test scenarios.
- Leading of various Modular Enhancements and at times , catering to project needs to being able to self-sufficiently handle a particular project needs like new environment set-up/making project cater to Enterprise Single Sign-On etc
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle SDLC starting from Requirements Gathering and performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design, by insisting on iterative development of the developer level tasks.
- Analysis of multiple backend systems for Claims, Benefits, Provider etc to understand the various request/ response scenarios for various combination of request parameters using SOAP UI, thus developing good understanding of legacy systems and the Middle Tier Services IDT MT Web Methods .
- Design and Development of multiple modules with use of frameworks / technologies like 'Rest' framework' which in turn uses Ajax based jQuery call to server for asynchronous communication, preventing complete page refresh and hence reduction in the traffic , Spring Web-Flow, XML Beans etc, with creating and configuration of multiple Portlet s
- Developed Domain Object Model for efficient data transformation from UI to WebService layer, promoting efficient reuse, modular design etc.
- Used RAD 7.5, RSA 7.0 for development
- Design Reviews, Code Reviews, Unit Test Case Reviews, Suggestions for Improving Performance Of Application etc
- Estimation of future deliverables, Project Planning , Resource Allocation
- Creating/Updating Application Architecture Diagrams, CCD Component Context Diagram , Documenting Authorization and Authentication Mechanism, Process Flows
Environment: Oracle Web Center/ALUI Portal , SiteMinder Integration, LDAP, J2EE, Java, Win XP Professional, IBM WebSphere, RSA 7.0, RAD 7.5, SVN, Spring 2.0, Webflow, Ajax, JUnit, Xml Beans, SOAP UI, ALUI Weblogic Portal, JQuery
Role: J2EE WebService Developer
- Confidential has built a strong reputation as a leader in medical education, research and patient care throughout the Southeast and the nation over the course of its 133-year history. At its heart the Vanderbilt University Medical Center is driven by discovery and the immediate incorporation of new knowledge into innovation in patient care and physician and nurse education.
- Due to regulations, the VMC needs to audit the access of EMR Electronic Medical Record of a patient by the user, for which the AUDIT SERVICE is needed. This service will be invoked by STAR system to suffice the audit needs. The service will determine whether a logical relationship exist between the STAR Panel user attempting to access the EMR and the patient within the EMR. This user authorization is based on various business rules like whether the User is VMC Employee, the User is PCP etc . Also based on the level of User authorization by the audit service, the user may be prompted to enter the reason through STAR panel UI for accessing the EMR. The reason if provide , along with other information accessing user credentials is saved as an audit record in the Database which can be later used by any auditing system .
- Also, for better need to keep patient informed of the various appointment details in various departments, irrespective of the patient location, the Vanderbilt Medical Centre has proposed to implement Pager Service. This service will basically act as an interface between Pager Hardware and Various VMC systems like for appointment scheduling etc to allow paging of text message to the patient and direct him / her accordingly to various clinics test lab , based on the available schedule, which will avoids manual process of patient tracking and whereabouts.
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle SDLC starting from Requirements Gathering and performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Agile Methodology, by insisting on iterative development of the developer level tasks.
- Determination of various Stories and the associated Task to track the development of business and collaborating object s for the Service, with respect to the new functionality.
- Involved in understanding of the EJB Endpoint based WebService Architecture, with business implementation using Spring Controller Beans and Hibernate 3.0 DAOs.
- Used Eclipse Europa as an IDE for Software Development, along with Maven 2.0 as the s/w management and comprehension tool, which managed the entire project build, reporting and documenting needs.
- Developed Spring Controller beans and DAO classes.
- Used Hibernate Criteria's, Projections and Restrictions for ORM operations.
- Used JUnit for testing DAOs, controller.
- Used various Functional clients to validate invoking of service through RMI, HTTP/HTTPS, HTTP with blowfish.
- Used CVS as code repository.
- Used Oracle Apps as the Application Server
- Used Socket programming to connect to hardware
- User JDom for parsing of input and output xml.
Environment: J2EE, Java, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, Agile Methodology, Win XP Professional, Oracle Application Server, CVS, Rapid SQL Developer, Spring 2.0, Hibernate 3.0, EJB 2.0, JUnit, JDom.
Role: J2EE WebSphere Developer
Description: Confidential is the world's largest wholesale distributor of book product which includes distribution of books and audio books to booksellers, librarians, and specialty retailers. Ipage is developed by Ingram Group as the ultimate e-business tool for the book industry, allowing retailers and publishers to search titles, track orders electronically, read reviews and bestseller lists, see cover art, and much more. As an Ingram Publisher Services publisher, your information will be available on Ipage for retailers to view and order.Due to expansion of publishing business into media and entertainment, the Ipage needed enhancements to provide online enrollment s feature to the customers. This new functionality is basically divided into 2 parts Enrollment piece and the Content Management Piece CMA . The Content Manager has the ability to add / edit / delete various offerings in all of the 19 Standing Order Programs, based on the criteria's like new releases, release type DVD, Cassette, Quality Paper Back book etc , offerings no longer produced and so on. The customers can correspondingly see the added/edited offerings on the enrollment pages, allowing them to online choose the desired offering s .
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle SDLC starting from Requirements Gathering and performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML for development.
- Determination of Process Use Case s for Interaction of the customer and internal user with Ipage application with respect to the new functionality.
- Involved in understanding of the Architecture based on MVC framework
- Used WSAD 5.1 as an IDE for Software Development.
- Developed the entire Content Management Piece for Standing order enrollments
- Involved in Database design and process of data migration from Mainframe legacy system.
- Used VSS as document and code repository.
- Gave presentation and training on Struts to the development team.
- Was part of the initial upgrade of WAS 5.1 to RAD 7.0 and WebSphere 5.1 to WebSphere 6.1
Environment: J2EE, Java, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, UML for Analysis Designing, Win XP Professional, WAS 5.1, VSS, Rapid SQL Developer.
Role: J2EE WebSphere Developer
- Confidential Home Insurance has been providing low cost, high-quality insurance for nearly two decades. The current integrated core production system interacts with various in-house and 3rd Party systems, with the help of interfaces, to accordingly determine the premium for an Auto or Home Insurance Policy.
- Due to expansion of business and the need of better integrated system for better performance, scalability, easy maintenance etc the old system is being replaced by a core product Fiserv, which has Policy Admin and FAB for Advance Billing .
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle SDLC starting from Requirements Gathering and performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML for development of key Interfaces
- Determination of Process Use Case s for Interaction of the core product Fiserv with various In-house and 3rd Party Systems, to develop overall understanding of a complete integrated application
- Involved in High Level and Low Level Design of the Auto Interfaces
- Involved in understanding of the Architecture based on ESB framework Mule and designing of Java Components for the required Integration.
- Involved in development of Swing based Client application for Bulk Policy Import by calling various predefined WebServices for Adding of a Policy, Creating Billing account and Issuing of a policy.
- Preparation of Functional Process Flow Diagram for Interfaces used for billing purposes, using MS Visio Tool.
- Used RAD 6.0 as an IDE for Software Development.
- Used WAS 5.1 for deployment of the Fiserv Product and exposing of WebServices.
- Involved in Initial discussion for understanding the Business Requirements and designing the business model for better understanding of System from Business prospective.
- Designed the workflows and arrived at specification after interacting with insurance product modelers and bifurcated into various sub modules.
- Used Share Point as document repository.
- Used Java Messaging Services JMS for asynchronous information exchange, for POCs.
Environment: J2EE, Java, Swing, XML, JMS, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, DB2 UDB, UML for Analysis Designing, Win XP Professional, RAD 6.0, WAS 5.1, MS Visio Tool, Share Point.
Role: Senior J2EE Developer
Description: The purpose of this project is to provide tax contents and tax solutions that span more than 150 different countries. The product provides service to integrate with ERP and functional system of the companies to get the desired results without minimal changes to them.Initially the onsite role involved merging of offshore code drops with integration and regressing testing along with bug fixes and porting on various environment flavors like Windows, Solaris, Linux, and AIX. The project Business layer was initially implemented using EJB 2.0, which caused lot of build and deployment overheads for different Application servers WAS, WebLogic JBoss . The ASI Application Server Independence project involved migration from EJB to Spring 2.0 Hibernate 3.0 implementation of the Business Layer and Data Access Layer. This project gave significant exposure to J2EE development without EJBs and implementing of WebServices using Spring framework. Later on, was working on developing of installers for the product using InstallShield 5 and InstallShield11.
- Involved in requirements gathering and performed Object Oriented Analysis and Design OOA/OOD using UML in designed Use Cases, Class diagrams, Sequence and Object Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Extensively used WAS 5.x, 6.0 for application deployment.
- Setting up the entire web application framework through MVC Design pattern.
- Used Struts open source framework for web applications, and created Form Beans and Action classes as a part of the Struts 1.2 framework.
- Used the Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml files to make use of the struts custom validators to validate the form bean fields.
- Developed JSP 2.0, JSP Tag libraries pages for presentation layer.
- Implemented J2EE design patterns like MVC using Struts , Service Locator, Business Delegate.
- Implemented persistent layer by extensively using Hibernate 3.0, which manages the transactions with the database and delivers the content to the presentation layer and also to store the data into the data layer. This was the part of ASI Application Server Interdependence Project, where the EJB based middle tier of old application was migrated to Spring 2.0 Hibernate 3.0 based one.
- Involved in integration of Spring 2.0 with Struts 1.2 and Spring 2.0 with Hibernate 3.0.
- Used Apache AXIS 1.1 as the SOAP engine for sending and getting data from Business Tier using SOAP over HTTP protocol .
- Used the Log4J as logging framework.
- Perform unit testing for modules using JUnit.
- Support and work with customers during beta test period to ensure a successful product roll out.
- Involved in knowledge sharing sessions on 'Basic Working of Installers' and 'Spring Framework AOP'
- Deployment of application on JBoss Application Server 4.0 for verifying the interoperability.
- Used Rational Clear Case as versioning system.
- Develop installers for various Windows and Linux platforms using InstallShield 5, 11.
Environment: Java, J2EE,WebSphere 5.x, 6.0, JBoss 4.0, WebService, SOAP, Axis 1.2, WSDL, JAX-RPC based WebService Development , InstallShield 5 and InstallShield 11, JSP 2.0, Servlet 2.2, Java, Struts 1.2, Spring 2.0, Apache Tomcat 5.x, SOAP, Apache Axis 1.1, SAX Parser, XSLT, Hibernate 3.0, Oracle 9i, Rational Clear Case, Rational Rose, JUnit, Log4J.
Role: J2EE WebLogic Developer Configuration Manager
Description: The purpose of this project is to streamline and digitize business processes between GMAC dealers. Currently the project is introduced for Confidential dealers to effectively maintain a hierarchy of dealership for various car manufacturers like Saab, Chevrolet etc. This dealer portal also provides a channel for communicating with already existing underlying application to get the required information, thus acting as a single point of maintaining the dealership with role based access.The role involved environment set up for local and integration testing along with CVS set up and writing of ANT build script. Later was involved in development of pagination module for the project.
- Involved in Unified Modeling Tools UML in designing Use Cases, Class diagrams, Sequence and Object Diagrams using Together Control Centre TCC .
- Designed various classes and methods.
- Involved throughout the project life cycle from its inception to deployment at Offshore.
- Involved in the complete set up of CVS on Solaris Box.
- Involved in Initial Installation of Staging and ITL environment, which involved Installation of Sun One Portal Server, Sun One Directory Server, WebLogic 8.1 Application Server, Eclipse 3.0
- Develop ANT scripts for updating the Build location from CVS with latest code base and subsequent generation of WAR for Web and EAR for EJB module.
- Involved with setting of various eclipse plug-in like CVS Client Plug-in, Check-Style etc. Also involved in tagging of builds for tracking Development Benchmarks.
- Involved in Basic Maven Set Up for project management and build activities.
- Created Session Bean to model business logic for Dealer Hierarchy Module
- Developed Pagination and Sorting logic for various JSP pages
- Involved in client side validations using the Struts Validation framework.
- Involved in deployment of WAR EAR on WebLogic 8.1 App Server.
- Created Database connection pools to improve the performance of the application.
- Tested and deployed the application successful for Staging, ITL environments and prepared onsite drops.
- Used Visual Source Safe VSS as Document Repository
Role: Java J2EE Developer
Description: The purpose of this project is to streamline and digitize business processes between GM and its Supplier base. GM Supply Power facilitates General Motors World Wide Purchasing in conducting its business with both the supplier and internal GM Users.The GMSP releases 4.7.x are projects of enhancements and defects requested by business for GM Supply Power Portal
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle SDLC starting from requirements gathering for enhancements and performed object oriented analysis and design using UML.
- Designed the workflow, system architecture, drawing sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, class diagrams, HTML pages, database schema and tables.
- Developed presentation layer using JSP 2.0, HTML.
- Involved in deployment of EAR on WebLogic Application Server 7.x.
- Involved in the Unit testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in creation of Users, Roles, and Groups in LDAP using Sun One Directory Server.
- Developed SQL queries to insert, update, delete Oracle 8i database. Used JDBC to for persistence.
Environment: J2EE, Java, Servlet 2.1, JDBC, Sun One Directory Server, LDAP API, JSP 2.0, HTML, Java Script, WebLogic 7.x, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, UML for Analysis Designing, Win 2000, CVS, Solaris, Eclipse 2.0