Sr. Data Architect/Modeler/Manager with hands-on expertise in database development primarily specialized in Data Warehouse. Technical experience: SDLC, Project Management, Agile Project Management, Dimensional modeling,Relational Data Modeling, Data Profiling, Data analysis, Data Mapping, Data Quality, Data Governance database design, database development, data architecture, OLTP and OLAP systems design and implementation. Business experience: Financial, Insurance, Retail and Software.
ORACLE 11g, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS, SQL Loader, Oracle Import/Export, SQL Navigator, TOAD, Red Brick 5.0, HP UNIX, AIX RS 6000 , Linux 7.3, Sun Solaris, SCO Unix, UNIX Shell Scripts, AWK, SED, Sync Sort, TAR, CPIO, FTP Pro C, Pro COBOL NT, Novell NetWare, MS Access, MDM, NDM , Clear Case Rational Rose 4.x, Java and OLAP BI Cognos 8.4, Informatica powercenter 8.1/9.0, Subversion, ERWIN 8.1, Visio.
Sr. Data Architect
Confidential financial service asset managment division on it's internal tax application project. Directly responsible for development of logical and physical models, data management, maintaining data dictionary, gap analysis, BI reporting, design and documentation of processes.
Technologies used: ERWIN 9.x, Visio.
Confidential transaction technology service division. Directly responsible for managing team of 5 data modelers, logical and physical models, database development, data management, maintaining data dictionary, gap analysis, BI reporting, design and documentation of processes, performance tuning, reviewing and providing data acquisition road map from the internal and external data sources.
Technologies used: ERWIN 8.x, Visio, Oracle 10/11g, SQL Navigator, Clear case, UNIX.
Sr. Data Architect
Confidential enterprisewise Fraud Detection and Monitoring project. Directly responsible for analysis, data profiling, logical and physical modeling, flowchart, reviewing and providing data acquisition road map from the internal and external data sources, preparation of functional and design specification documents.. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Data Identification and Mapping.
- Data Profiling.
- Designed and Documentation of a process to interact with external vendor Tiversa for 24x7 fraud checking
- Created logical and physical models using Erwin 8.1.
- Provided data acquisition road map.
Technologies used: ERWIN 8.1, Visio2002/10, Altova, Oracle 10/11g, SFTP, PL/SQL, and SQL Plus, TOAD.
Data Modeler/Architect/Team Lead
Confidential central product Care Engine , which is responsible for event driven clinical analysis. Direct responsibilities included understanding of requirement from business, logical and physical modeling, database development, implementation and releases, timely resolution of production issues, database performance and lead database development group for reference database.
Technologies used: ERWIN 7.3, Oracle 10/11g, Linux, Shell Scripts, AWK, SED, SFTP, SQL Plus, TOAD, VSS.
45TB project that is used for billing reporting and to understand what-if scenario s from business prospective. Data is pulled from various financial data sources and uploaded into DLDW system using Informatica ETL tool. Direct responsibilities include understanding of business processes, helping business to see data from various angles, data analysis, data mapping, data quality, work closely with DBA for any database related issues, mentoring junior developers to optimize their queries, setting up change management environment and policies, resolution of business user's tickets. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Designed system requirements.
- Development/Enhancements and Documentations.
- Prepared road-map for migration of existing database to new data model.
- Migrated existing database to new data warehouse using Informatica.
- Deployed Star transformation techniques wherever needed.
- Optimized queries and helped junior members of team.
Technologies used: Oracle 11g, Shell Scripts, AWK, SED, SFTP, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD, Subversion, Informatica powercenter 9.0, Cognos 8.4, SUN UNIX Windows 2000, NT, ERWIN.
Sr. DB/Data Architect
- As part of data governance - played roles of data steward and data custodian.
- Created Meta data repository for master data management MDM . Repository was referenced by both OLTP as well as Confidential.
- Produced eight to ten point data quality matrices for data warehouse as part of data profiling.
- Total Responsibility for all development/implementation of Database Oracle RDBMS , work that included OLTP database as well various reporting data marts, Data warehouse, ETL, providing data feed thru reporting extract to different groups of FDR. NDM, SFTP, Web Services, SOAP call methods were used for secure data transportation.
- Confidential in a large team project and database design, implementation and maintenance, data flow design, process design and system testing, functional management bi-weekly/monthly builds, creating change management tickets, helping in implementation, creation/maintenance of logical and physical schema using Erwin, ETL process and production Support. Direct responsibilities also included understanding business processes, gathering requirements, data profiling/identifying potential usability issues, data analysis, data mapping, data quality, dimensional modeling, data governance and ensuring that an appropriate level of application quality was maintained at all times. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Played various roles - Sr. Developer/Team lead/Solution architect/DB architect for Batch and ETL development.
- Responsible for development/implementation/Prod support of various RDBMS oracle based IT projects specially related to ETL, Data warehousing, and Data marts, reporting.
- Build UNIX environment for ETL/Batch QA, CERT and Production servers to streamline change management ticket implementation process.
- Designed the process and methodology for current and future releases using Clear Case
- Prepared detail design and requirement specification for outsourcing firm for development.
- Planned and Managed integration and stress testing of back end applications during data center migration.
- Worked with internal and external customers to develop new programs and data solutions with existing data warehouse structure playing liaison role with internal as well external users.
- Involved in logical and Physical Data modeling for various reporting based Data marts, enhancement of OLTP data model. STAR schema, ER diagrams using Erwin.
- BI reports using COGNOS 8.4 tools, involved in designing and framework management, development hands on experience as well managed development from offshore center.
- Performed tuning of slow running SQL query, batch jobs, and optimizing batch process as well tuning various ETL jobs, at design level as well on code level.
- Adopted agile project management, played role of SCRUM master. Sprint based development and enhancement of new features/functionality on existing platform.
- Responsible for creating WBS, tracking projects progress, resource management. Used CA base clarity for project/resource management also was involved in time estimation of projects/tasks.
- Part of group responsible for implementing new technologies in firm by keeping business growth/demands/requirement in mind, Migration of data centers, coordinated various IT imitative to support management and business initiative.
- Worked closely with capacity planning group on various performance-based SLA.
- Worked closely with business and product group to enhance functionality of pre paid platform to implement various clients requirement.
- Managed various certifications with clients before implementation of any new functionality in PROD environment.
- Worked closely with Issue management group to escalate any client facing issues, performance of applications, SLA related issues etc.,
- Responsible for forming team including hiring new talents and assigning, managing IT development and implementation work for various short term and long term projects.
- Hands as well sound Knowledge of ORACLE RDBMS, extensive SQL, PL/SQL, DB Physical Modeling, Data analysis
- Worked closely with DBA to implement and test Shareplex data replication software to prepare hot-hot OLTP environment.
- OLAP reporting using analytical quires, Jreports. Excel pivoting. COGNOS 8.4. Framework manager, Reporting studio and Analysis studio
- Volume projections for reporting, data, load on applications, processes etc, based on business growth. Data quality processes like data profiling, data cleansing,
- Coordinated on shore/off shore development with outsourcing firm from India.
Technologies used: Oracle 10g, Shell Scripts, AWK, SED, SFTP, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Load, TOAD, SQL Navigator, ERWIN, Visio, Source Safe, Clear Case, NDM, Sun Solaris UNIX Windows 2000, NT and OLAP BI JReports, Cognos 8.4.
NJ - Sr. Data Warehouse Engg
Participated in development/maintenance of Instinet's Data warehouse Confidential that is used for revenue reporting using Instinet's customer, clearing house, international billing data. Daily data is pulled from various sites and loaded into RAW schema of the MIDAS database. After initial checking and massaging the data is loaded into staging area for further enrichment. Once the data is prepared, it is loaded into data warehouse schema on which all the reporting is based on. Oracle Discoverer is used as front-end tool. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Designed system requirements.
- Development/Enhancements/Testing and Documentations.
Technologies used: Oracle 8x, Oracle Discoverer, Shell Scripts, AWK, SED, SFTP, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD, Clear Case, HP UNIX Windows 2000, NT.
- Designed and developed DevMan product for Confidential card card division . It was created to help the Apollo development team to better manage the development and software release cycles given increasingly overlapping, concurrent development efforts. This application is UNIX, Oracle and ClearCase based, as this is the Apollo environment. This custom-built resource is a helpful tool for development managers to use for software release management, developers to use to minimize re-coding across concurrent development projects and quality control as more and more of routine tasks are standardized and automated. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Designed system requirement.
- Developed tools in Kornshell, Bourne Shell, Perl, Awk, Nawk, and Sed, ClearCase to assist the programmers in development and testing.
Technologies used: Clear Case, NAWK, SED, FTP, Perl, Oracle 8i,Shell Scripts, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Load, , Informatica 8.1,Sun Solaris Windows 98/2000, NT.
- Confidential Direct responsibilities included understanding of business processes, gathering requirements, database design, implementation and maintenance. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Designed system requirements.
- Created logical and physical schema using Erwin 3.5.
- Created PL/SQL Packages, Procedures, functions and triggers using TOAD and SQL Navigator.
- Developed Shell Scripts/Jobs for production scheduling using Perl, Awk, Ksh, Bash.
- Created various data entry screen in PowerBuilder 6.5/7.0 using PFCs.
- Designed and developed GL Trial balance, Aging reports, Agent deposits and other various reports.
- Implemented VMTS in NY/SPAIN Madrid .
Technologies used: Linux Windows 98/2000, NT , Oracle 8.x/9i, PRO C, PL/SQL,SQL Plus, Perl, SQL Load, Shell Scripts, Awk, Sed, Ftp, TOAD, SQL Navigator , Power Builder 6.5/7.0,ERWIN 3.5.2.
Sr. Developer/Team Lead
Participated in a various large projects to design development and implementation of new point of sales POS data warehouse, Net Sales Reporting database and GL Interface Subsystem systems. Actively participated design sessions and development. Provided direction to team members by understanding business processes, gathering requirements Direct responsibilities included database design, implementation and maintenance, process design and system testing, ETL process and production Support. The following tasks were successfully completed:
- Designed system requirements.
- Created physical schema using Erwin 3.5.
- Created PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions and triggers using TOAD.
- Data mapping from source such as flat files, oracle tables to Red Brick data warehouse.
- Used SQL Loader to load tables and performed SQL tuning.
- Wrote ETL processes to populate the data warehouse.
- Designed various reports.
- Supported front-end tool Micro Strategy that is used as DSS.
- Developed Shell Scripts/Jobs for production CA Unicenter scheduling using, Awk, Ksh, Bash shells.
Technologies used: AIX RS 6000 , Windows 98/2000, NT and DOS 6.0, Oracle 8.x/7.x, PL/SQL, PRO Cobol MF , SQL Plus, Perl, SQL Load, Shell Scripts, Awk, Sed, Ftp, TOAD, ERWIN 3.5.2, FTP, Red Brick and MS Access 97.
Software Engineer Group Lead
Confidential one of Softek's biggest client in India. Participated and developed Loan Accounting Management System LAMS . Direct responsibilities included database design, development and implementation along with necessary support for specific customized software. The following tasks were successfully completed:
Technologies used: Oracle 7.0, 'C', PRO C, Oracle Forms 3.0/4.5, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, SQL Load, TAR, CPIO, FTP, Shell Scripts, Awk, Sed, UNIX/Windows 3.0
Participated in creation of two large projects Share Accounting System and Financial Accounting System F.A . Direct responsibilities included design, implementation and maintenance and system testing. The following tasks were successfully completed: Developed and implemented share accounting system to keep track of shares and shareholders. Designed shares trial balance, dividend generation and various reports. Designed and implemented data entry screens for Cash, Bank, Sale, Journal, and Purchase vouchers for FA system. Designed and implemented Sub Ledger , Main - Ledger , Sub - Ledger Trial Balance Report , Main - Ledger Trial Balance Report , Trial Balance , P L Account List , Debtor list , Creditor List and other various reports