- Around 8+ of experience in Software Development Life Cycle i.e. Design, development, testing, debugging and maintenance of applications using various technologies.
- Wide range of experience in Java, J2EE technologies such as JSP, Servlets, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Java Beans, JDBC, Web Services, JNDI.
- Expertise in developing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and J2EE Web Services based on Restful, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAX-WS, JAX-RS using tools like Apache Axis, Jersey.
- Expertise in XML technologies such as XSL, XSLT, XML schemas, XPath, XForms, XSL-FO and parsers like SAX, DOM.
- Expertise in designing and developing database oriented applications with good working knowledge on Oracle, SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Good knowledge in Maven and ANT build tools and version control tools like SVN, CVS.
- Working knowledge of various Design patterns like Data Access object, Front controller, Factory pattern, MVC, Data Transfer Object, Factory and Singleton in development of multi-tier distributed enterprise applications.
- Developed Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Packages and Deployment Diagrams using Unified Modeling Language.
- Experience in Agile software development process, Test Driven Development and Scrum.
- Good written and verbal communication, relationship management, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Productive, independent and strong leadership qualities and ability to work effectively in a team or as an individual depending on the project.
Languages: C, Java, SQL
Technologies: J2EE, JSP, JDBC, Servlets, JNDI, Web Services
Web/Application Servers: IBM WebSphere, Web Logic, Apache-Tomcat, Glassfish JBOSS
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX (Redhat)
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS-Access
IDEs: Eclipse, Net Beans
Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Hibernate
Testing Tools: JUnit
Version Control: CVS, SVN
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Modeler Tools: MS Visio &Bizaggi process modeler
Sr Java/J2EE Developer
- Managed a small team of three people.
- Documented low level design using class & sequence diagrams.
- Involved in build process, maintaining CVS repository and deploying application on IBM Web sphere Server.
- Developed web front for dealers, importers in accessing the vehicle after sales information using HTML, JSP, and Web Services and with Struts, Spring & Hibernate framework.
- Developed Interfaces to extract, transform& load vehicle related information from disparate systems using Java Struts, Spring & Hibernate framework.
- Built new WAR (Web Application Archive) after new changes and bug fixes and resolved incidents raised by client in Peregrine Service Centre.
- Created unit test cases using Junit, handled database related issues and fine-tuned the queries.
- Performed peer code review across the sprint team, Contributed to post go live activities such as bug fixes & enhancements and improved application performance.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Servlets, jquery, Eclipse IDE, Windows7, Linux, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Oracle 11g, IBM Web Sphere Application Server, CVS, Restful Web Services, SAX parser, DOM parser, Cruise control, Peregrine Service Centre 6.1.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of e-bill payment system as well as account transfer system and developed specifications that include Use Cases, Class Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSP and developed the application using Struts Framework that leverages classical Model View Layer (MVC) architecture.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that use the POJOs to represent the persistence database tuples. These POJOs are serialized Java Classes that would not have the business processes.
- Deployed the applications on IBM Web Sphere Application Server.
- Used harvest for version control across common source code used by developers.
- Used XML Web Services using SOAP to transfer the amount to transfer application that is remote and global to different financial institutions.
- Used XML parser APIs such as xpath in the web service's request response data marshaling as well as the un-marshaling process.
- Used JDBC to invoke stored procedures and database connectivity to ORACLE.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Struts 2, Hibernate, JNDI, HTML, JSP, XML, DOM Parser, SAX Parser, ANT, IBM Web Sphere Application Server, Sun Solaris, LOG4J, Oracle 10g and Harvest.
- Exposure to OOA&D Methodologies like RUP. Used UML notation and Rational Rose for designing.
- Developed data access and business logic layers for encapsulating data and providing core business logic.
- Developed application using JSP, Tag libraries and Struts (MVC) Framework
- Developed Struts Action classes, Action Forms and Validation classes using Struts Controller component and Struts Validation framework.
- Extensive use of Enterprise Java Beans (the session and entity beans) for middle tier component implementation.
- Built exception handling for application with various meaningful exceptions to maintain the system.
- Developed Stored Procedures for uploading/submitting data to/from various units.
- Developed Web service using SOAP, SAX and WDSL and provided XML schema to save the broker information as a XML document.
Environment: Rational Rose, UML, Java/J2EE, Struts1.2, WebSphere 6.X, WSAD 5.X, EJB, ANT1.5, Web services, SOAP, SAX, WDSL, JSP, JDBC, XML, XSL, XSLT, CVS, Oracle 10g, UNIX, Log4j, Junit.
- Developed software modules using Java, XML, Web Services, Struts framework and Oracle DB.
- Involved in designing data models and developed functions, stored procedures and views, used several Design Patterns like Factory, Singleton, Front Controller and MVC patterns
- Test Driven Development - written test cases in JUnit before coding for 100% code coverage
- Helped in deploying applications on Development and QA environments
- Followed Scrum methodology with Agile development, with two week Sprint
- Used Tortoise CVS as version control tool
- Participated in meetings with Subject Matter Experts to get clear understanding of the requirements, Worked as Production Support member for resolving post-release issues(PRI) and Helped in assigning tasks and priority to the PRIs to the team members
- Documenting process changes and requirement changes and Participated in design reviews for upcoming modules
- Designed the application using the J2EE design patterns such as Data Access object, Data transfer object, Front controller, Factory pattern and Singleton.
- Developed Use case diagrams, Object diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using UML.
- Developed web front end screens using HTML, JSPs, CSS, Java script and built application using Struts Framework.
- Prepared high and low level design documents for the business modules for future references and updates.
- Deployed the application on Web sphere application server in development and production environment.
- Undertook the Integration and testing of the different parts of the application.
- Developed automated Build files using ANT.
- Used Subversion for version control and log4j for logging errors.
- Code Walkthrough, Test cases and Test Plans.