- Over 7+ years of IT experience in the areas of Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Deployment and Implementation of various Client Server, Internet, Web and Distributed using J2EE (Java Enterprise), web technologies framework.
- Experience in object oriented programming analysis with extensive full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience in Application Software Specifications, Design, Development, Testing and debugging, Maintenance.
- Experience in AGILE and Water Flow Model of software development.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML) architecture using Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose
- Strong front-end development using AJAX, Java Scripts, CSS, HTML and DHTML.
- Strong Working experience in Design, Development and implementation of several J2EE frameworks like (Model View Controller) Struts, Spring, Hibernate and EJB.
- Strong knowledge in the area of J2EE patterns: Factory, Singleton, Decorator, Facade, Data Access Object (DAO)
- Experienced in deploying applications on web/application servers including WebLogic, JBoss, WebSphere and Tomcat, GlassFish.
- Experience using integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Eclipse , NetBeans, Jdeveloper
- Configured logging using Log4J and managed version control tools using Clear Case, SVN, VSS, CVS.
- Excellent database experience using SQL Server, Oracle and DB2.
- Familiar with designing and coding Stored Procedures, Packages and Functions using PL/SQL.
- Experienced in data exchange technologies like XML and working with Web Services, SOAP/WSDL, JAX-WS, AXIS, SoapUI.
- Strong Technical background, excellent analytical ability, good communications skills, team player and goal oriented, with a commitment toward excellence.
- Excellent client interaction and presentation skills and proven experience in working independently as well in a team with good leadership qualities.
Languages: Java, SQL, UML, C, C++.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MySQL, SQL Server 2005, 2008, MS-Access.
Java Technologies: J2EE (EJB 1.1/2.0, Servlets 2.3, JSP 1. 2, JSF 1.2, JDBC, JNDI, JMS), JDK 1.4/1.5, Struts 1.x, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP/WSDL), AXIS 1.x, JAX-WS, JAX-RS Jersey.
Markup Languages: HTML/CSS, XML/XSL, DHTML.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows - XP/ Vista/7/8.
IDEs: JDeveloper, Eclipse, NetBeans.
Web/Application Servers: WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IBM WebSphere.
Design & Control: UML, Rational Rose, MS Visio, CVS, ClearCase, SVN.
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Iterative.
Sr. Java Application Developer
- Understanding the existing application and reviewed the defects.
- Involved in preparing of System Design Document and one of the author of external interfaces part in SDD.
- Was part of total SDLC for the project. Implemented the SOAP web service to receive the payload to persist it to the legacy HIX database through a stored procedure.
- Performed validations to the payload for meeting the CMS requirement.
- Used Maven dependencies in the application
- Maintained the list of unacknowledged and failed transactions in database using spring.
- Developed Database Objects like PL/SQL packages, Stored Procedures.
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and database connectivity to ORACLE.
- Executed batch jobs for loading data from .CSV files into database.
- Wrote Shell Scripts for executing the batch jobs.
- Performed deployments of the batch server of all environments.
- Involved in plan loadings.
- Scheduling the batch jobs in IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
- Implemented HIX compare tool for comparing the property files in different Unix environments by using Struts, Ajax, JSP.
- Involved in design, development of the application structure
- Worked with the business to analyze the required functionality and proposed solution
- Involved in the development of presentation layer and GUI.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSTL and Custom Tag Libraries and AJAX to speed the application.
- Developed spring REST webserivces for making the backend calls.
- Testing the functionalities in terms of requests and responses for the front-end JSON files.
- Used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database
- Developed ORM mapping files and HQL queries using hibernate for data retrieval from the backend database
- Enhanced the Web Application using Spring MVC Framework.
- Developed Java bean classes and the controller
- Developed spring configuration files for beans creation and dependency Injection
- Created database tables and views
Sr. Java Programmer Analyst
- Developed GUI using JSF, Ajax, HTML
- Designed and Developed new programs and enhancements to the application.
- Involved in all phases of the application i.e. project estimation, design, development and implementation.
- Extensive support to SIT and UAT phases of the project deliver the project on time.
- Involved in the project conversion analysis, planning, modeling, development and testing.
- Involved in design, analysis and architectural meetings. Created Architecture Diagrams, and Flow Charts using Microsoft Visio.
- Migrated and developed new tables in the data layer using the Hibernate ORM Framework.
- Involved in the analysis on the feasibility of the usage of Web Services as part of the conversion.
- Was involved in the migration of completed work through each of the environments using source control tool, CVS.
- Use of the Spring Web Framework for the application based on the MVC design paradigm.
- Involved in developing the Hibernate coding to improvise application processing.
- Successfully accesses the service layer from managed bean.
- Wrote SQL queries as part of database interaction.
- Used Spring Security for Authentication and authorization extensively.
- XSLT style sheets for the XML data transformations
- Logging done using Log4J.
- Re-engineered and Re-factored existing code to support the conversion process.
- Involved in Unit test application changes to ensure conformance to design specifications and software performance.
- Developed order receipt report with bar code using jasper report.
- Coordinated agile approach to software development and assisted the team with technical decisions.
- Followed Agile delivery of software using practices from Scrum etc.
- Involved in documenting software defects and track these defects through the test lifecycle to resolution.
- Developed JUnit test cases and performed integration and system testing.
Kansas City, MO
- Involved in design and development of intranet portal.
- Was involved in preparation of requirement gathering activities for Information Management System.
- Developed additional UI Components using JSF and implemented an asynchronous, AJAX (JQuery) based rich client to improve customer experience
- Application is secured by enabling the Spring Security for different users which has enterprise and application roles.
- Resolved the issues in the old intranet portal and improved the productivity of employees.
- Managed different Web2.0 Services like announcement, discussion forums, events, blogs, wikis, tags etc., Collaboration technology planning, social media adoption and metrics, Web 2.0 strategy.
- Integrating the services with accordance to the existing services and developing the new WSDL and XSD files as per the business needs.
- Testing the functionalities in terms of requests and responses for the front-end Json files.
- Developing web-services for different functionalities in the application in SOAP and REST architectures.
- Developed Servlets and Worked extensively on SQL.
- Extensively used Oracle programming using SQL and PL/SQL
- Used JPA with Entity Beans for interacting with Persistence Layer for CRUD operations.
- Designed and developed Enterprise Eligibility business objects and domain objects with Object Relational Mapping framework such as Hibernate.
- Used Ant for developing build scripts and deploying the application onto WebLogic.
- Had to do quality assessment and control for the application.
- Documenting and updating the work that is being done.
- Designed navigation model for spaces.
- Responsible for retrieving the test data used for scripting.
Kansas City, MO
- Analysis and understanding of business requirements.
- Effectively participated in weekly client communications with Business Analysts.
- Designed and developed high level and low level design documents.
- Developed the design documents Navigation Map and Technical Design documents for Offer/Signup Process; Contract Maintenance and Collection, Harvest, Storage and Transport Matching Payment processing; and reporting processes.
- Developed application using Spring MVC, JSP, JSTL and AJAX on the presentation layer, the business layer is built using spring and the persistent layer uses Hibernate.
- Developed Custom Tags to represent data in a desired unique table format and to implement paging logic.
- Developed views and controllers for client and manager modules using Spring MVC and Spring Core.
- Business logic is implemented using Spring Core and Hibernate.
- Data Operations are performed using Spring ORM wiring with Hibernate and Implemented Hibernate Template and criteria API for Querying database.
- Developed and modified database objects as per the requirements.
- Involved in Unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, Code reviews.
Woodland Hills, CA
- Involved in meeting with business to gather requirements.
- Involved in analyzing business requirements and compose them into a technical use cases.
- Involved in creating class and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Designed and developed the application based on MVC framework.
- Created HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSTL and JSP pages for Presentation Layer.
- Involved in implementing Spring DAO layer to access the database.
- Deployed the Enterprise Java Beans in Web Sphere App Server.
- Involved in transforming XML to HTML using XSLT.
- Used XPATH to navigate through Attributes and Elements in an XML Document.
- Developed DAO’s to invoke DAP’s (Data Access Programs) to access data from .CSV files and to query Oracle database.
- Wrote various Struts framework Action classes for interfacing with the business logic, form beans for presenting the data to JSPs.
- Involved in Java and PL/SQL code reviews.
- Developed PL/SQL store procedures for data migration and database upgrade from oracle using TOAD.
- Interacted with the Users and Documented the Application.
- Involved in designing test plans, test cases and overall Unit, Integration and Security testing of system.
- Used RAD 6.0 as IDE for development and unit testing.
- Prepared documentation and participated in preparing user’s manual for the application.
- Struts Framework in conjunction with JSP and Tag Libraries used in developing user Interface for administrative screens and user interaction screens.
- Developed Session Beans for necessary transactions like fetching the data required, updating the customer information
- Worked on coding of Servlets and EJB communication
- Used spring framework modules like Core container module, Application context module, Spring AOP module, Spring ORM and Spring MVC module.
- Configured Spring Application-Context.xml used by spring container to inject dependencies to java classes to optimize memory resources.
- Implemented Spring IoC (Dependency Injection) and Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) for the Business as well as Lookup Service Layer development.
- Developed / modified the model components to incorporate new business level validations.
- Worked on Maven for getting latest jar files including common-collection.jar, common-logging.jar etc from Apache.
- Developed Servlets to process the requests, transfer the control according to the request to Corresponding Session Beans, JSP pages.
- Java Servlets and JSP pages were deployed on the Weblogic Application Server for retrieving user information and posting related data.
- Worked on database interaction layer for insertions, updating and retrieval operations of data from oracle database by writing stored procedures.
- Gather user requirements and followed by analysis and design.
- Did technical design to conform to framework.
- Developed JSPs, action classes, form beans, response beans, EJBs.
- Coded Servlets for the Transactional Model to handle many requests.
- Developed business objects and business object helpers which interact with middleware stubs.
- Implemented business delegate pattern to separate view from business process.
- Extensively used XML to code configuration files.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers.
- Developed complete Web tier of the application with Struts MVC framework.
- Performed functional, integration, system, and validation testing.
Environment: JDK1.3, JSP, Apache Struts 1.0, Servlets, EJB 2.0, JPA, XML, JDBC, Eclipse, JBOSS 5.0, PL/SQL, Oracle 8i, Rational Rose, UNIX, MVC framework, JUnit, Rational Clear Case.