Outstanding Java Developer with proven expertise in object-oriented analysis and design and exceptional record in overseeing the Software Development Life Cycle. Unparalleled breadth of knowledge in Information Technology and its many forms that add value to business.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Java Developer with 5+ years’ experience in software design, development and maintenance using Java/J2EE
- Worked on applications in client-server environments and web-based applications
- Developed web based applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) framework
- Worked on Spring framework as part of the development modules of projects
- Implemented design patterns like Singleton, Factory, DAO, Front Controller, etc.
- Assisted in bridging heterogeneous systems through SOAP and REST web services using top down and bottom up approaches with the WSDL
- Automated build of large scale client-server and web applications with Maven build tool
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments like Eclipse and NetBeans
- Exposure in design, development, testing and maintenance of Software Development Lifecycle in Waterfall, Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Fluid understanding of multiple programming languages, relational databases and data warehousing
- Created Process/Data flow diagrams for optimization of the implementation and testing departments
- Expertise in Quantitative Methodologies of Statistical Analysis
- Extensively used PL/SQL to access and modify data in relational databases
- Excellent understanding of Retail, IT and Ecommerce domains
- Always willing to learn and apply latest technologies to optimize and deliver business value
Other Programming: Hypertext Markup Language (HTML); CSS; iOS Programming; SAS programming
RDBMS Microsoft Access Database; SQL Server; Structured Query Languages (SQL); PL/SQL; Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, DDL, DML, DCL, Materialized Object View, Data Warehousing, Transaction Processing Systems (TPS)
Microsoft Office Suite: Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Access Database; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Visio
Testing: Manual Testing; Automation Testing using HP Quick Test Professional (UFT); Automation Frameworks – Functional Decomposition, Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid Framework; Exploratory Testing; VB Scripting; Descriptive Programming
Operating Environments: Windows Operating System
Domain Knowledge: Retail, Information Technology and Ecommerce
Content Management Systems: Joomla
Cloud Computing: VM Ware
Business Intelligence: Advanced Excel for Business Intelligence; Risk Solver; Data Warehousing; OLTP (Online Analytic Processing); Pivot Tables (using Microsoft Excel); Statistical and Optimization Models (using Microsoft Excel); POM-QM software; Risk Profiling as Probability Distributions; Modeling for BI; IBM SPSS; Six Sigma; Base SAS Programming; SAS Enterprise Miner
Marketing Metrics: Accounting metrics for Business status and Strategy Formulation
Graphics: Adobe Photoshop
Office Management: Office Administration; Adobe Reader
Operations: Gantt Chart; Activity on Node Diagrams
Client: Confidential, Houston TX
Role: Java Developer
Company Description: Confidential is a Houston-based technology solutions and services company that has set a new bar for the development, integration, and delivery of performance-centric software technology for North American ISO/RTO market participant.
- Involved in Requirements analysis of business flows and day to day discussions with Business Analysts.
- Involved in creating designs through proof of concept (POC) for web-based and client-server applications. Provided input for making applications agile, scalable and maintainable.
- Developed implementation logic using Core Java and J2EE.
- Used Eclipse Integrated Development Environment for Java/J2EE development.
- Automated build of applications and project dependencies with Maven build tool.
- Configured Apache Tomcat server for implementation of Java Servlet and JSP technologies.
- Implemented Hibernate with a group of developers for streamlining the object relational mapping with multiple databases of the company.
- For parts of the application where it was not feasible to implement Hibernate, used Java Database Connectivity API to access some relational databases.
- Collaborated code with other developers using GitHub web based repository.
- Extensive integration of the Spring framework to reduce development time by 40% and to centralize configuration details for the applications. Spring modules used: AOP, DAO and Core.
- Used Spring Aspect Oriented Programming to reduce cross cutting concerns like logging and auditing from the main business logic to enhance centralized control by senior developers. Also helped in configuring dependency injections using bean factory to streamline future maintenance.
- Developed web based applications using the Model-View-Controller (MVC framework) with Front Controller (Servlet), Views (HTML and JSP files) and DAO layer. Participated in presentation layer using HTML and CSS for specific web pages.
- Extensive use of PL/SQL to access, modify and update data in company’s relational databases.
- Maintained relational database through materialized object view (MOV), stored procedures, triggers and functions.
- Interacted with automation testers for effective debug handling resulting in 31% lower level of defects before application was launched onto the production server.
Client: Confidential – FortWorth, TX
Role: Software Developer
Description: Souper IM is the Information technology branch of a conglomerate that develops software which helps retail establishments, both large and small, to optimize their day-to-day operations, inventory and reporting activities. The company also provides strategic advising based on collected data to increase business value.
- Participated in analysis of the retail industry with business analysts to do a scope and feasibility analysis for some client-server applications.
- Participated in the Software Development Life Cycle in the aspects of designing and implementation.
- Used Agile methodology to guide the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensively used Core Java to develop main business logic in modules.
- Implemented main application logic using Netbeans and Eclipse Integrated Development Environments (IDE).
- Developed presentation layers using HTML and CSS.
- Developed server side logic with the help of servlets and JSP.
- Mildly implemented the MVC framework with focus on controller development.
- Involved in code reviews and optimized code using design patterns and good programming practices.
- Created Web Services with SOAP protocol and WSDL. Used REST to expose Web Services.
- Created Web Services using both top-down and bottom-up approaches.
- Designed and implemented a basic transactional processing system in a relational database for record keeping.
- Managed some database functionality using views and reports.
Company: Confidential – Henderson, TX
Role: Information Technology Coordinator
Company Description: Confidential was a privately owned corporation that dealt with custom information technology services for small scale business and retail establishments.
- Coordinated development of front end presentation layer using HTML and CSS.
- Developed functionality for various small scale applications using Core Java.
- Worked on Netbeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Managed an Access Database Management System for record keeping, querying and reporting.
- Coordinated with director for various IT policies and strategic decisions.