- 8+ years of IT experience in analyzing, planning, designing and developing various web based applications as well as Client-Server/N-Tier applications and its distributed technologies.
- Extensive experience in Integrated Eligibility Systems, Insurance and Benefit Administration domain.
- Extensive experience in OOP, OOAD, System Analysis Design, Development and Deployment of various Applications in Java Technologies.
- Experience in using IDEs such as STS, Eclipse, and My Eclipse, RAD.
- Experience in using Log4j, JUNIT and ANT.
- Experience in using version control software CVS, SVN, Tortoise.
- Proficiency with XML, XSL, JAXB, XSLT, XPATH, SAX and DOM.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored procedures and SQL functions.
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in J2EE Design Patterns such as MVC, DAO, Singleton, Session Façade, in the development of multitier distributed enterprise applications.
- Worked on different operating systems like LINUX, UNIX, Windows XP/7/8.
- Quick learner and self motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Languages: Java, C, PL/SQL.
J2EE: JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Hibernate, EJB2.0.
Web Technologies: XML, XSL, CSS, HTML, DHTML.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, glassfish, WAS, Jboss.
IDEs: Eclipse, My Eclipse, Net Beans, RAD.
RDBMS: Ecommerce, SQL Server, MS Access.
Tools: CVS, ANT, SVN, MAVEN
Frameworks: Struts, spring, Hibernate
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Linux, Mac OS.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
Role: Sr Java Developer
Description: State of Connecticut is implementing changes to their Integrated Eligibility System as per the Affordability Care Act (ACA) initiative. ACA aims to increase the quality and affordability of health insurance, lower the uninsured rate by expanding public and private and private insurance coverage, and reduce the costs of healthcare for individuals and the government.
- The project involved extensive use of the different Spring framework features including Spring MVC, Spring Core and Spring Security.
- Involved in gathering requirements for the Integrated Eligibility Sub-System.
- Designed and developed the common page layout and created screens by assembling Tiles and screen definitions in centralized configuration files.
- Implemented whole application on Agile methodologies with clear, efficient workflow.
- Implemented Spring MVC, which includes writing Controller classes for handling requests, processing form submissions and performed validations using Commons validator.
- Integrated the application with spring framework for implementing Dependency injection and provide abstraction between presentation layer and persistence layer.
- Wrote various queries using Hibernate query language (HQL) and hibernate criterion queries to execute queries against database.
- Implemented hibernate mappings with annotations such as @OneToOne, @OneToMany, @ManyToMany.
- Involved in writing JUnit test cases.
- Developed the entire application using Spring Tool Suite and used Maven scripts for building the application.
- Updated the scrum in and JIRA for issue tracking.
- Used Log4j for maintaining application running logs.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Role: Sr Java Developer
Description: The Confidential application will offer users the chance to enroll in insurance products online, give admins the oversight capabilities, and facilitate the transfer of data into and out of the system. It will support the Confidential SAAS business model, and is designed as a standard n-tier web application.
- Responsible for the designing, coding and development of applications in J2EE using Spring MVC Architecture.
- Developed/involved in creating web application using enterprise java technologies like spring3.0 and hibernate3.3.
- Extensively used Hibernate as ORM tool for all database operations. Had great exposure on creating parent/child relations hierarchy, one-many, many-many, many-one associations.
- Worked on reading from and writing data to excel files using Apache POI interface.
- Used Web Services for transferring codes between carriers and the application.
- Developed RESTful web services including JSON formats for supporting client requests.
- Implemented custom email formats with styles and images using velocity templates.
- Managed version control using Subversive.
- Implemented the REST Web service using the Spring and Consumed the REST Web Service in our application.
Confidential, Charlotte ,NC
Role: Sr Java Developer
Description: Global Confidential is an application through which users can define and setup limits on the available financial instruments. This will be available globally to Nomura users through single sign on authentication by IAC. It will be a single portal for access to all limits data, workflows, presentation (reports and UIs) and cascade methodology. Market risk analysts, front office divisions and senior managers, will use the limits application globally.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements for risk management solutions.
- Involved in SDLC of the project including Design, Systems Development, Testing, Systems Integration, Installation, and Deployment.
- The project involved extensive use of the different spring framework features including Spring JDBC, Spring AOP and Spring Templates.
- Created process in Eclipse for developing each component of the application.
- Wrote SQL Stored procedures and PL/SQL for back end. Used views and functions at the database end.
- Developed unit test cases using JUNIT and used Jenkins build for project deployment and build process.
- Designed and developed logging components using Apache Log4J to log messages and errors.
- Monitored and migrated various Autosys jobs form Development, UAT and Production.
- Developed DAOs to access the database using JDBC calls.
- Created and maintained the configuration of the spring application framework’s IOC container.
- Resolved performance issues and participated in code reviews.
Environment: Environment- Eclipse 3.6, Tomcat 6.0, Adobe Flex 4.0, Subversion 1.6.8, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, Java 1.6, Spring 3.1, Putty, WinSCP, Linux, Autosys, Jenkins.
Client: Confidential, Boston, MA
Role: Sr Java Developer
Description: Confidential aims to provide application for new insurance quotes for different channels like agents, brokers, underwriters and direct sales. The new platform is implemented on a pre-built industry leading framework Confidential alTM(AP) platform.
- Interacted with business analysts in gathering technical requirements and worked on industry standard ACORD forms and pdfs.
- Worked on Confidential al 4.x framework to provide web-based solutions to P&C insurance industry.
- Wrote XARC rules (AgencyPortal’s internal rules engine) to automate underwriting decisions and support ACORD schemas.
- Using and customizing XPATH to navigate through elements in XML documents.
- Wrote behaviors and created dynamic text fields (hot-fields) using XML.
- Developed servlets for document upload and caching data.
- Developed and integrated the application using Eclipse IDE and Subversion as version control tool.
- Developed POJO Classes, JSPs and Servlets.
- Wrote DAO Classes, SQL queries and JUNIT test cases.
- Extensively worked on XML, XPath and DOM technologies.
- Worked on browser compatibility issues and form layout issues in the UI.
- Implemented J2EE design patters such as Factory, Singleton, DAO and DTO.
- Involved in UNIT and integration testing for different modules in the application.
- Wrote java code for generating and uploading PDF using custom API.
- Created and configured build files.
- Worked in agile environment to produce high quality software.
- Developed client programs to access other component web services.
Client: Confidential, Haverford, PA
Role: Sr Java Developer
Description: Prodigio RTS’s unique and powerful technology platform allows clients through automation to analyze the overall market, initiate orders, manage positions, quantify risk, and effectively execute simultaneous sophisticated orders within milliseconds. Prodigio RTS is designed to manage and execute significant size accounts with minimal market Confidential .
- Worked as a software developer in the development of a real-time trading platform “Prodigio”.
- Developed modules of the technical analysis engine using standard design patterns in core java.
- Worked on developing web services using Spring web services and Apache Axis.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve data from MySQL database.
- Worked on bug resolution of the application on both client and server side.
- Worked on the bug resolution of the core java classes.
- Worked on Spring MVC Web application for web presence of the application.
- Wrote Junit test cases for the projects as a part of Agile Development.
- Analyzed and tested Historical OHLC data for integrity.
- Participated in the Build process using maven for the client and server side code.
- Worked on the analysis and refactoring of legacy code.
- Worked on the algorithms for account balance reconciliation for trades.
- Carried component and unit based testing using Junit.
- Developed stored procedures and triggers using PL/SQL in order to calculate and update the tables to implement business logic.
- Developed JSP pages, HTML/DHTML pages and servlets as per requirement.
- Participated in daily meetings with project manager, team lead, co-developers, communicated with testing team and resolved trackers.
Client: Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Role: Software Developer
Description: Confidential is PegaSystems product aimed to process dispute management for Confidential . This will enable the implementation of fraud identification, fraud investigations, imaging and enhanced dispute-solving capabilities on a corporate level.
- Involved in analysis, design and implementation in Pega PRPC.
- Inserted chunks of java code as demanded by the application.
- Created activities and prepared user interfaces (sections, harness, flow, action), portal representation.
- Developed the web service client for a J2EE system.
- Used J2EE design patterns in the development of J2EE client applications.
- Worked on different aspects of the project which includes developing and integrating various Dispute Chargeback and Retrieval Request functionally for different card brands, including: Parsing incoming files in different formats, Setting up agents and file listeners, Creating response files according to specifications, Creating Data Tables
- Designed outgoing MasterCard and Visa files for parsing and processing the chargeback and Retrieval Requests using Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC).
- Wrote complex SQL stored procedures.
- Involved with UI cleanup and design.
- Involved with code cleanup error correcting.
Role: Analyst, Developer
Description: The client is specialized in the area of EZ calling card activations. Development team is an offshore team, set for the development of the project. It consists of three modules namely, Batch Activation, Pin Activation and Open Contract, which are used by commercial dealers of the EZ Plus for activating the cards. This project was the enhancement of original functionalities in their existing system.
- Worked with the team to enforce Coding Standards for Java and JSP.
- Developed Server side programming using Servlet, JSP with Struts.
- Responsible for Black Box testing, White Box testing, and regression testing using Load Runner.
- Implemented front-end validations using Java Scripts and Struts Validations.
- Used Resource Bundle concept to ensure modularity and portability.
- Generated and deployed WAR files in Jboss.
- Designed strategies for taking backups at regular intervals using WinCVS.
- Created classes to display custom and user friendly error messages.
- Developed controller, form beans and action classes.
- Configured struts config for global forwards, error forwards and action forwards.
- Designed and developed the project using MVC design pattern.
- Worked on hibernate configuration files, Hibernate mapping files and define persistence classes to persist the data into Oracle database.
Environment: Java API, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, Oracle, Jboss, Struts, Eclipse, Apache, Glassfish.
Role: Java Developer
Description: Confidential Service, an innovative and complete suite of customer service and contact center software. Confidential service contains different products like Email, chat, call track and knowledge management. All these products integrated together called as Confidential service suite. In the integrated suite, agent console is an important module through which the agents in the call centers would be able to handle hunderds of customer interaction activities by various means as like mail, chat, phone etc.
- Was a member in the product enhancement team.
- Prepared the Confidential analysis documents.
- Used MVC architecture for development.
- Did unit testing for newly developed components using Junit.
- Solved defects in customer interaction module.
- Monitored and troubleshooted the performance issues and memory leaks in applications.