- Over 10 years of experience in developing web based, internet/intranet, client/server, distributed architecture applications using Java and J2EE technologies.
- Strong experience in design, development, coding, testing and implementation phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Proficiency in developing and deploying n-tier Enterprise / web applications under, WebSphere 5.1/6.0/7.1, JRun, BEA Weblogic, JBOSS, Tomcat Sun One Web Server.
- Experience in developing of SOAP based Web services and understanding of REST Web services.
- Experience in databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, UDB and languages like SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in Agile environment and Test driven development approach.
- Experience in analysis and design using SDLC, UML using Rational Rose, frameworks like Jakarta-Struts, Spring, Apache Web Services.
- Wrote various test plans and test cases using Junit and Spring framework to do rigorous testing and implemented various applications developed successfully.
- Defined and created various functional documents for the systems to be developed.
- Proficiency in using Software Configuration management tools like Visual source safe, CVS, SVN and PVCS.
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Java based Multi-threaded applications, Messaging Services.
- Proficient in end to end application development from requirement analysis, design to implementation, testing , deployment and support activities.
- Sound knowledge of understanding of object oriented design and programming. Excellent ability to develop advanced concepts, techniques and standards
Languages: Java 6/JDK, SQL, PL/SQL
Distributed Technologies: EJB 2.0/3.0 , MDB , Webservices SOAP and REST
Internet Applications: J2EE 2.0/1.3/1.2, JDK 1.2.2/1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7 , EJB 2.0/3.0, JSP1.2, Servl Confidential 2.3, JSF , RichFaces , JDBC2.0, JNDI, Web Sphere , MQ Series ,AJAX, JQuery, JSON.
Web/Application Servers: Web Sphere 7.1, Jboss 4.05, Weblogic 7.0/8.1/9.2/10.3
Tools: RSA 7.5 , Eclipse WTP, IBM MQ , IntelliJ 3.0, Netbeans, TOAD 8.5, Apache Actional SOAP Switch, Actuate, Optimize IT, Active MQ, JProbe, Teamsite, OpenDeploy, Control-M
Open Source Projects: log4j, Struts 1.1/1.2 , Hibernate 3.5, Spring 3.0, XFire 1.1, SOAP, Apache Web Services, Apache Commons, Swarm Cache, Apache ANT, Castor, Maven, PMD, Jasper Reports 3.6
Markup Languages: HTML, HTML5, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT
XML Utilities: XML Spy, XML Marker.
UML Tools: Rational Rose, RSA Modeling
Database: Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, SQL Server
OS: Unix Sun Solaris, MS-Windows XP
Methodologies: OOPS/OOAD, UML, SOA, Design Patterns
Version Control Tools: Visual Source Safe , CVS, PVCS, SVN
Confidential, Jersey City
Senior Java Developer/Consultant
- Worked as a Senior Java developer in Global Tax Group on multiple projects Analytic Reporting , Foreign Source Income and supporting and migrating applications
- ART provides different functions like final pre-tax adjustments closing in the General Ledger and provides Tax Expense reporting for SEC quarterly filings as well as Regulatory Reporting
- Based on the use cases, prepare LLD, create architecture flow diagrams.
- Developed UI for manual uploads, corp tax data loads , expenses modifications, Admin functions.
- Designed and developed UI using Spring MVC, implemented AJAX calls.
- Designed and Developed backend services for downstream applications.
- Utilized EHCache to cache the data used by different backend services.
- Developed Hibernate mapping files (.hbm) , Named Queries
- Developed database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Developed and used REST web services for the reporting frame work.
- Involved in production support and implemented CR’s and production fixes.
- Designed and coded application components in an Agile environment utilizing a test driven development approach.
- Involved in writing Junit test cases.
Environment: Java, JEE 7, Spring 3.1, Hibernate3.5, Oracle 11g, WebSphere 7.0, RAD 8.0 , JUnit, Log4j, ANT, TOAD 7.5, REST , TFS, Apache POI
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Java Developer /Consultant
- Worked as a Senior Java developer in Private Wealth Management group on different projects DB-IDEAL which is an allocation system to facilitate the share allocation process from beginning to end.
- It assists with automation of client’s indication of interest, allocation of shares, and billing of confirmed transactions.
- The final trades received are sent to Pershing for settlements.
- NAO New accounts are opened and managed by this application and case flows through BAM and middle-office groups for approvals and finally the accounts are created in Pershing.
- Involved in understanding the existing implementation of the system and code for new system.
- Closely worked with the business and architects to arrive at the solution for the new system.
- Involved in creating new jobs based on the existing batch process.
- Used Control M scheduling tool to schedule the jobs.
- Used Apache Web Services to connect to external vendor application Developed UI interfaces for back office operations.
- Used the following design patterns to develop the application's business logic: DAO pattern, MVC, State Transition, Command, Event Transition, Business delegate and filter patterns.
- Wrote JUnits, Integrations tests and involved in code reviews.
- Used Teamsite and Open Deploy to build and deploy applications to higher environments and support the applications during deployments.
Environment: JAVA 1.7 UNIX, Weblogic 10.3 , SVN , Eclipse, JUNIT 4.0, Log 4j, Apache ANT, SQL Server , UDB, Web Services, SOAP, XML, JSP, Struts, JSF, Richfaces , Teamsite, OpenDeploy, Tomcat Webserver, SFTP, Control-M, Ruby.
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Java Developer/Consultant
- Worked as a Senior Java developer on a project “International Treasury Services (ITS.gov)”, which is a comprehensive international payment and collection system used for processing international direct deposit payments to benefit recipients and both electronic and check payments to vendor, foreign payroll, and miscellaneous payment recipients.
- Involved in implementing and designing architectural Framework for the system.
- Involved in creating the framework for both Front End and bank end functions.
- Designed and created Models using RSA used to generate code.
- Involved in setting up Java Messaging Queues (JMS) to develop Batch processing framework and integrate external systems using asynchronous messaging.
- Used Web Services to connect to external Agencies, ChoicePoint . Process SOAP messages using JMS Queues.
- Created and processed XML payment files, different format files FEDACH, SWIFT ,OPM .
- Implemented Spring Batch as alternative to Batch processing for POC.
- Created proof of concept by developing domain objects and mappings using hibernate and Spring Web Framework.
- Used the following design patterns to develop the application's business logic: State Transition, Command, Event Transition, Business delegate and filter patterns.
- Developed helper classes and application to troubleshoot and resolve third party related issues.
- Wrote JUnits and Integrations tests.
- Deployed applications in higher environments
Environment: Win XP , UNIX/SOLARIS, Websphere 6.1/7.1 , EJB, JMS, CVS , RSA, JUNIT 4.0, Log 4j, Apache ANT, Oracle 10g, Web Services, IBM MQ 7.0, XML, SOAP , JAXM, Hibernate , Spring.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
- Worked as a senior J2EE developer on a projects “Next Generation TOFEL” and “Multiprogram based GRE”. .
- The Next Generation TOEFL offers many advantages for both institutions and individuals alike, in that either of them can manage their account online, register for tests, candidates have their scores reported to institutions.
- The Next Generation TOEFL is internet-enabled service called Internet-based testing (iBT) allows Confidential to capture speech and score responses in a standardized and fair manner.
- It will also make it possible to greatly expand test center access.
- Various entities like Value Added Taxes, Currency Exchange Rates, Customers, Refunds and Order Lines are synched to and fro between the old legacy system and new IBT using the batch programs that involves Oracle Types, PL-SQL and java.
- The web based UI is provided for adding and maintaining candidates, organization, orders etc.
- Involved in implementing web architectural Configurable Framework for the system.
- Implemented frameworks using design patterns that include, Command Pattern, Business delegate, Data transfer object, Singleton Pattern.
- Used Hibernate as the persistence framework.
- Developed Hibernate mapping files (.hbm) and domain objects and worked on optimization of hibernate domain mappings that includes read-only entities and lazy loading.
- Implemented Web Services using Apache to communicate to external testing centers for finding seats and reservation and between scoring and reporting management.
- Maintained a source version by using CVS.
- Extensively used the WSAD for writing and debugging the code.
- Involved in production support and implemented CR’s.
- Used Log4j to print the debug and error information.
- Involved in writing Junit test cases.
- Used Spring framework ioc concept for sample data load
Environment: Java, J2EE 1.3, JSP 1.2, Servl Confidential 2.3, Spring 2.5, Hibernate 3.0 JMS, JDBC, ANT, Jakarta-Struts 1.1, Unix, Oracle, XML, XSL, SOAP, WebSphere 5.1, JUnit, Log4j, TOAD 7.5, WSAD 5.1.
Senior Software Engineer
- Worked as a senior J2EE developer on a project called “iQ”. iQ is an intranet application.
- Template Manager allows GATR team to create and manage the financial measures and profiles along with their properties, which are the changing elements in template manager system.
- Template Manager manages fiscal year and quarterly year time-series data in iQ Templates.
- Involved in creating web architectural framework for the whole system.
- Designed model elements that include analysis level class and collaboration diagrams, subsystem dependencies diagram, design class diagrams, sequence diagrams, component diagram and deployment model.
- Created frameworks using design patterns that include session façade, service locator, business delegate, data transfer object, data transfer object assembler.
- Made recommendations on tools, technologies and frameworks.
- Implemented session beans and controller classes for use-case specific workflow management.
- Implemented enterprise beans and data access objects for complex business objects.
- Designed and developed a web based client using struts framework.
- Generated web services using WebSphere for Template Manager.
- Implemented bulk data insert framework to handle large volume of production data in distributed environment.
- Implemented Optimize It profiler to optimize the performance.
Environment: Java, J2EE 1.3, JSP 1.2, Servl Confidential 2.3, EJB 2.0, JMS, JDBC, ANT, Jakarta-Struts 1.1, Unix, Sybase, XML, XSL, SOAP, WebSphere 5.1, JUnit, Log4j, TOAD 7.5, WSAD 5.1.
- Worked as a senior J2EE developer for developing a stock program business called “ Confidential ”.
- Confidential is an intranet application.
- The stock program business function is challenged in three areas due to its growth. It increased diversity and complexity in participant agreements.
- Confidential plans to redesign the stock system to address the above mentioned issues, using web technology.
- The new stock program application will be web based and will be built on J2EE and PeopleSoft.
- The modules Accounts, Trade & Non-trade, Repurchase, Common Services, Participant, Ownership, Transfer, Insider Tracking, Outside Trade, Ticketing, Blue Sky and Option Exercise are designed to be in J2EE platform.
- The modules Bonus, Option Grant, Offers, Plan, Vesting schedule, Agreements, Pools, ESPP and Tax are designed to be in PeopleSoft.
- The communication between J2EE and PeopleSoft will be through Actional web services contribution.
- Worked as a programmer analyst to code in Java & J2EE technologies.
- The architecture was built on Jakarta Struts Frame work, did high level design using UML modeling language, was responsible for design and development of the front end using HTML and JSP, was involved in writing action classes, form beans and maintaining the struts config.xml file.
- Used stateless and stateful session beans (EJB) in session façade and for implementing the business logic.
- Developed JSPs using Jakarta struts framework (MVC2).
- Used Servl Confidential APIs for session management to maintain the state of client.
- Was involved in code reviews, design review and verification of the standards.
- Used XML / XSL / XSLT for data representation.
- Involved in unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases and code review.
- Used actional web services for communication between J2EE and PeopleSoft and wrote JUNIT for unit testing.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP 1.2, Servl Confidential 2.3, EJB 2.0, JMS, JDBC, ANT, Jakarta-Struts 1.1, Window XP, Oracle, XML, Weblogic 8.1, Actional SOAP, JUnit, Log4j, TOAD 6.2, IntelliJ 4.0.
- Worked as a J2EE developer for developing a web based interface called “Loan Origination System”.
- Confidential , as a ebusiness and B2B lending service provider focusing on providing a state-of-the-art and comprehensive business solution.
- Gathered user requirements and functional specifications.
- The architecture was built on Jakarta struts framework.
- Provided complete technical guidance to the project team.
- Involved in application and component design and coding.
- Identified the doc variables / merge variables for each of the documents and did coding for different kind of documents (1003, 1008). Worked on the batch processing of documents.
- Used the mail API to mail the printed documents to different users.
- Used FTP API for the uploading and downloading for docprocessing.
- Generated queues using Fiorano, a third party tool to handle the queue system for different Apps.
- Worked on data transfer, both data and documents between two different App servers.
- Prepared test cases and plan for unit testing as well as integration testing.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servl Confidential , EJB, JDBC, ANT, Windows XP, SQL Server, XML, Weblogic, JUnit, Log4j, TOAD 6.2, IntelliJ.