- Have worked with different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall and Agile (TDD, SCRUM).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML) architecture using Rational Rose2000 and Microsoft Visio.
- Experienced in front end and middle ware frameworks like Struts, Tiles, JSF, AJAX, Prime Faces, Rich faces Spring, EJBs, RMI and JUnit.
- Experienced in working with EJB 3.0, Hibernate annotations to map POJOs to databases.
- Experienced with J2EE Design Patterns such as MVC, Session Façade, DAO, DTO, Singleton Pattern, Front Controller and Business Delegate.
- Experienced in databases such as Sybase, Oracle and MS SQL Server to manage tables, views, indexes, sequences, stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages
- Experienced in writing Shell and ANT scripts for builds and deployments to different environments.
- Extensively worked on XML technologies like XML, XSL, XSD, XSLT, Xquery, Xpath and DTD.
- Experienced in developing web services with XML based protocols such as SOAP and WSDL.
- Experienced in developing restful web services using Apache CXF and JAX-RS.
- Expertise in Cutting Edge Technologies like EJB, JMS, JTA, XML and Web Sphere MQ Series with good experience in Developing and Deploying Enterprise Java Beans on Application Servers like Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and JBoss.
- Experience in PL/SQL programming including complex SQL queries using stored procedures and Triggers in Oracle, SQL Server using TOAD and Query Manager.
- Experience in Hibernate 3.0 which includes integrating legacy databases, writing custom CRUD statements, integrating stored procedures and functions and also performed polymorphic associations.
- Excellent Technical, Analytical, Problem Solving skills, strict attention to detail and ability to work independently, work within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, strong architectural skills, hardworking and a very good team player and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization such as technical, management and customers.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX (Solaris, Linux, AIX).
Languages: Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, C, C++.
Java Technologies: Servlets, JSF, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, EJB, AJAX, JAXP, JAXB, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XQUERY, Unix Shell Scripts, Multi-threading, Apache Wicket.
Web/App Server: WebSphere, Tomcat 7.0, Weblogic, Jboss
Frame work: Struts, Spring, Seam, Hibernate, JSF, and Richfaces.
Design Pattern: GOF Design Patterns, J2EE Design Patterns.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i, MS SQL Server, My SQL.
IDE/Tools: RAD, Intelli-J, WSAD, My Eclipse, Eclipse, TOAD, SQL Developer, ANT.
Version Controlling: SVN, CVS, GIT.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Responsible for Requirements gathering, Conceptual Design, Analysis, Detail Design, Development, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Data Validation, Version Controlling and deployment.
- Designed High Level Design documents with MS Word templates using Impact Analysis documents from business analysts.
- Responsible for writing the solution design which is the building block of all the components to be used for development.
- Involved in unit testing and system testing and also responsible for preparing test scripts for the system testing.
- Developed common page layouts using JSF facelets for the UI and implemented custom validators and converters.
- Developed the business logic components using Session EJB’s and mapped Java entities to Database tables using JPA-Hibernate.
- Wrote JPA-QL and Criteria queries for data retrievals of the applications and involved in creating database tables.
- Responsible for integration of XSD/WSDL and also responsible for sending and receiving request, response XMLs using JMS queues.
- Managed application dependencies using MAVEN, designed, modified and tested XQUERIES using a tool called ALTOVA XMLSpy.
- Web services were developed using document style web service call. All the request and response were XML documents transferred using SOAP API.
- Extensively used JAVA, XML, XPath API’s and XSLT transformation to retrieve/build messages from the request/response.
- Generated WSDL file through Axis with ANT script and involved in deploying application on Jboss.
- Involved in design and development of web services using Axis1.4 with Ant script.
- Extensive use of Eclipse-Oracle Communications Design Studio for creating, building and deploying Cartridges within OSM.
- Designed process flows and sequence diagrams with .vsd extension.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Design and developed front end UI using JSF, Apache MyFaces and RichFaces components.
- Reverse Engineered using Hibernate plug-in for RAD to generate Hibernate configuration, POJO classes and DAO classes and wrote finder methods using Hibernate Query Language (HQL) for dynamic searches.
- Developed Custom tag libraries for providing multi-lingual functionality.
- Developed Mail Merge framework to create bulk mails by merging data with MS Word templates using MS Office Java API.
- Designed and Developed LDAP Authentication & Authorization Services using Java, LDAP, DB2 Commands.
- Designed and Developed Business Process layer components and integrated with Spring framework.
- Developed complex service components for Data Access Layer, DAO classes to interact with backend using Java and Hibernate Framework.
- Created and maintained mapping files and transaction control in Hibernate.
- Configured web.xml, faces-config.xml for navigations and managed beans. Integrated JSF, Spring and Hibernate Frameworks.
- Developed dump and Load Utility to extract and load the data to DB2 using Java and JExcel API.
- Developed and consumed web services to consume data from other applications using SOAP and JAX-WS
- Developed complex DB2 stored procedures (common shared routines) to interface with Aging and Youth application.
- Involved in transforming XML data in to Java Objects using a JAXB binding tool.
- Wrote builds and deployment scripts using ANT and was also responsible in maintaining them.
- Wrote Junit classes for the services and prepared documentation.
- Integrated various modules and deployed them in WebSphere Application Server.
- Responsible for debugging, testing, maintaining and deploying the application.
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Provided technical guidance to business analysts, gather the requirements and convert them into technical specifications/artifacts.
- Developed web pages to display the account transactions and details pertaining to that account using DHTML, JSP and CSS.
- Wrote Spring mvc rest controllers and validators for UI interactions and developed Ajax using Jquery.
- Wrote Spring services and DAO’s and integrated Spring with Hibernate ORM framework to manage session factories.
- Have created required JPA mappings to map the java entities to database tables.
- Wrote Hibernate Queries and used criteria queries to load the data in DAO layer.
- Used log4j for logging mechanism and have employed Spring declarative transaction management.
- Developed LDAP server configuration files to enable encryption support for password storage.
- Developed various reusable Helper and Utility classes which are used across all the modules of the application.
- Implemented caching techniques, wrote POJO classes for storing data and DAO’s to retrieve the data and did other database configurations using Hibernate.
- Wrote build & deployment scripts using Maven,shell scripts and JACL on unix env.
- Implemented Spring MVC architecture for the application development.
- Developed Messaging framework for Asynchronous service using Spring JMS.
- Developed various activities like transaction history, search products that enable users to understand the system efficiently
Environment: Java 1.6, J2EE, Spring MVC, JMS, Hibernate 3.0, Spring, Webservices, RAD 7, SVN, UML, HTML, Jquery, Java Script, CSS, XML, WebSphere 6.1, Log4j, Oracle 10g, PL/ SQL, Junit.
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
Java/ J2EE Developer
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the Application
- Develop the User Interface Screens for presentation using JSP and HTML.
- Struts (MVC) framework is used for developing the web application
- Configured Struts-Config file for form-beans, global forwards, error forwards and action forwards.
- Developed Action Classes and Form Beans for the Application.
- Updated the Resource Bundle to add the error messages to be thrown to Struts Validator errors.
- Used Spring IOC to get the dependencies and look up business objects.
- Used Spring Dependency Injection to get the Hibernate Sessions and Spring DAO Classes
- Integrated spring ORM tools like Hibernate in context files and configure Hibernate Session Factory
- Implemented Agile Methodologies, and SCRUM a light weight framework for managing and controlling iterative and incremental projects.
- Involved with database design including tables and fields using normalization principles and Entity relationship diagrams.
- Involved in handling Hibernate as part of DB connectivity and persistence as ORM tool and writing HQL queries.
- Developed the JSP using the tag libraries.
- Perform validations using struts validation framework.
- Created mapping files using Hibernate.
- Written Data access logic using Hibernate
- Developed the web services using apache axis.
- Used Log4j for logging.
- Used SVN as source control tool.
- Used JUnit framework to automate unit testing.
Environment: Core Java,J2EE, JSP 1.2, Weblogic Application Server 10.3, Eclipse 3.1, Web services, Hibernate, Oracle 9i, SVN , HTML, Java script, MVC, WindowsXP, Struts1.2, Ajax.
- Wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL for data retrieval from different tables.
- Worked extensively on bug fixes on the server side and made cosmetic changes on the UI side.
- Part of performance tuning team and implemented caching mechanism and other changes.
- Recreated the system architecture diagram and created numerous new class and sequence diagrams.
- Created combined deployment descriptors using XML.
- Designed and developed UI using HTML, JSP and Struts where users have all the items listed for auctions.
- Developed Authentication and Authorization modules where authorized persons can only access the inventory related operations.
- Developed Controller Servlets, Action and Form objects for process of interacting with Oracle database and retrieving dynamic data.
- Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for back end communication using JDBC.
- Developed the Login screen so that only authorized and authenticated administrators can only access the application.
- Developed various activities like transaction history, search products that enable users to understand the system efficiently.
- Involved in preparing the Documentation of the project to understand the system efficiently.