- 6+ years of professional experience of developing enterprise applications using Object Oriented methodologies, enterprise technologies, frameworks and design patterns.
- Experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle - analysis, design, development, deployment, testing and maintenance of enterprise applications.
- Good experience and knowledge in various development methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Test Driven Development (TDD), Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, Agile, UML and Rational Rose.
- Proficient in using various design patterns such as MVC, Data Transfer Object, Value Object, Singleton, Service Locator, Session Façade, Factory Pattern and DAO.
- Excellent understanding and expertise in web tier frameworks like Struts and Spring MVC
- Knowledge in all components of struts-config file. Well-versed with various struts actions classes.
- Excellent hands on experience on Struts framework and extensively used Validator Framework and Tiles Framework
- Expertise in developing Middle-Tier components using Enterprise Java Beans (EJB), JNDI and other Remote Components
- Good Experience of Object Relational mapping frameworks like Hibernate and JPA
- Good knowledge and experience in implementing open source frameworks Hibernate and Spring
- Excellent knowledge and experience in SQL queries, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures to interact with Oracle and MS SQL Server databases
- Expertise in using HQL, Criterion Queries & Named Queries in Hibernate
- Expertise in developing Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and clients to use Webservices.
- Well versed with all parts of WSDL.
- Hands-on experience in implementing REST Webervices.
- Used various web servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS and WebLogic and IBM WebSphere
- Experience on different Operating Systems - Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, Linux and Unix
- Experience in using Version Control Systems like CVS, SVN and Clear Case
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and can work both independently and in a team
- Received Appreciations for Successful and Smooth rollout of the Enterprise Applications in the Production environment.
- Good at designing Design Documents, Unit Test Case, Integration Test Case, Integration Test Plan documents and estimating the assigning tasks
Java Enterprise API: Servlets, JSP, JSF, EJB, JNDI, JMS, JDBC, Java Mail, Applets, RMI, Java Multithreading, Webservices, JAX-RPC
System Design: MVC, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JPA
Databases & Programming: My SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2, Stored Procedures
Software Engineering: UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture, Test Driven Development, Scrum and Agile methodologies
XML Technologies: XML, DTD, SAX, DOM, SOAP, WSDL, XPath, XSLT
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss , WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
Operating Systems: Windows 2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, Linux, UNIX
IDEs & Tools: Eclipse, NetBeans, JUnit, Log4j, Ant, SOAP UI, Toad, SQL Developer, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, CVS, MS Visio, SVN
Confidential, Franklin, TN
Java / J2EE Developer
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Use Agile (SCRUM) methodologies for Software Development.
- Used Microsoft Visio for developing Use case diagrams, Activity flow diagrams, Class diagrams and Object diagrams in the design phase.
- Implemented the application using Jakarta Struts Framework which is based on Model View Controller design pattern.
- Developed action classes and action forms to collect input.
- Developed Custom Tags to simplify the JSP code.
- Used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Generated the Hibernate mapping files and developed the underlying domain objects
- Developed the Hibernate DAO classes
- Extensively used HQL, Criterion Queries while developing the DAO classes
- Actively involved in designing and implementing Singleton, MVC and DAO design patterns.
- Used Apache CXF for creating the Web Services to interact with other modules.
- Developed WSDL in eclipse.
- Developed the REST webservice using Spring IOC to provide user a way to run the job and generate daily status report on loans
- Extensively involved in developing Restful webservices.
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and ANT to build the application and deployed on Web Logic.
- Configured and used Log4J for logging.
- Used Tortoise SVN for version control and used HPQC to track defects and change requests.
Confidential, Green Bay, WI
Java / J2EE Developer
- Involved in gathering the requirements from the stake holders to enhance the existing Content Management Process.
- Use the DAO, VO (Value objects) and other J2EE Design Patterns in developing application code.
- Design and development of Internal App Using JSF 2.0, JQuery, Hibernate, Spring 3.0.
- Involved in coding for the business layer using Java, Spring Framework and persistence mechanism used is Hibernate.
- Extensive implementation of Maven builds process for various applications in RIS Systems.
- Used JAXB to Marshall and Unmarshall XML into Retirement Readiness Java objects
- Developed EJB-Session Beans that implements the business logic. Used IBM DB2 UDB as Database.
- Integrated Spring with struts framework to use Inversion of Control
- Used all the components of STRUTS Framework like Action Forms, Action Servlets, Action Mappings, Action Errors, and Tiles.
- Used WebSphere Application server for deploying the applications.
- Used RAD IDE for developing, testing and deploying applications.
- Used Clear Case, Tortoise Hg and SVN for version control.
- Participated in group sessions, design reviews, and code analyzing
- Proactively communicate with the development and QA team to anticipate configuration management issues/processes.
- JUnit, Log4j were used for unit testing and as logging frameworks.
Environment: Java 1.6, JSF 2.0,Spring 3.0, JSP, Servlets, Hibernate, JPA ,WebSphere Application Server, AJAX, SVN, Clear Case, JDBC, Web Services, XML, XSLT, CSS, HTML, Maven, ANT, DB2, JUnit, RAD.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Java / J2EE Developer
- Participated in gathering the requirements and involved in preparing the requirements documents
- Involved in the Analysis, Design, Coding, modification and implementation of user requirements in the online banking automation.
- Developed components for checking account, savings account, customer information, currency converter for online banking using UML class diagram
- Involved in the designing of object use case diagrams, sequence diagrams and collaboration diagrams.
- Applied Design patterns include Model-View-Controller, Business Delegate, and Singleton.
- Implemented the JSPs and EJBs to interact with Struts Framework to effectively handle the workflow of the application.
- Developed the Action, Action Form classes and configured the struts-config.xml file.
- Used Validator framework to perform validation on the JSP pages
- Developed Session Beans for implementing business logic and made extensive use of Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) for looking up enterprise beans.
- Implemented session façade to simplify the interactions between clients and the lower
- Components were developed and integrated into Servlets and JSP.
- Developed Webservice client to consume services from other modules.
- Configured the data source to handle JDBC connections.
- Designed and developed the DAO classes using JDBC and developed SQL queries and utilized Stored Procedures to interact with the Oracle database
- Use DOM/SAX for parsing XML files and used Dom4j for creating XML files
- Built and deployed war files in WebLogic.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Java / J2EE Developer
- Engaged in gathering and analyzing requirements, identifying various individual logical components, expressing the system design through UML diagrams.
- Engaged in the development of the entire spectrum of business components, including the web interface, business components and database layer.
- Used Spring framework to implement the MVC design pattern.
- Used Spring Web Flow in the application and wired the beans to implement business logic at the middle tier level
- Implemented Session EJBs at the middle tier level to house business logic.
- Involved in implementing the DAO pattern for database connectivity and used the JDBC API extensively.
- Developed the WSDL to define the Webservice.
- Developed Webservice using apache axis engine to get coverage details.
- Developed client using axis engine to test the Webservice.
- Developed and deployed the applications using Web Sphere Application Developer
- Used JUnit extensively to test the implementation.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control.
Environment: Java 1.5, Struts, JSP , EJB, Spring , Apache Axis, JDBC, IRAD, IBM WebSphere App Server, Oracle, UML, Toad, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest.
Confidential, Glastonbury, CT
Java / J2EE Developer
- Involved in requirements gathering, development and system testing.
- Developed UML diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to represent the detail design phase
- Developed Servlets to handle the user requests.
- Developed JSPs as part of front end UI.
- Developed Session Beans to process requests from the user interface
- Developed DAO classes to perform the CRUD operations.
- Developed complex SQL queries to insert, update and used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures
- Configured and deployed web application in JBoss Application Server.
- Created JUnit test cases and created set up manuals and user guides.
- Participated in weekly meetings to collaborate with team members.
- Worked with the Testing team in fixing the defects