- About 8 years of strong experience in Software Development Methodology such as SDLC, RUP, Agile, Analysis, Design, Implementation and Testing of Object Oriented applications and Web based Enterprise Applications using Java/J2EE on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Expertise in development of multi-tiered web based enterprise applications using J2EE technologies like Servlets, JSP, EJB(3.0), JDBC, JNDI, JMS, Java Beans, JAXB, JAXP(SAX/DOM), JAX-WS and JAX-RPC.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) using Rational Unified Process (RUP) and creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams using Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio.
- Expertise in using various design patterns like Data Access Object, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, MVC, Transfer Object and Singleton in the development of Enterprise Applications.
- Experience in developing Web Applications with various Open Source frameworks Struts2 Framework, Spring Framework 2.5/2.0(Spring MVC, IOC, JDBC , ORM ), Hibernate 3.0 ORM.
- Extensively worked on implementing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using SOAP Web services (SOAP, WSDL, Apache CXF, Apache Axis 1 and XML Parsers) and REST Webservices .
- Good Experience in Server side Business Logic Development using Session, Entity and Message Driven Beans.
- Good Exposure to Version Control Systems like CVC, Rational clear case.
- Experience in Writing Ant build scripts for project development and deployment.
- Experience in using Maven for project life cycle management.
- Experience in working in Agile(Scrum) and Test Driven Development(TDD) methodologies.
- Hands on experience in Module Testing using JUnit.
- Expertise in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) preparing Requirement Specification Documents, Designing Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, State Transition Diagram, Sequence Diagram and Test Case.
- Good experience of working with several RDBMS likes Oracle 8i/9i/10g, IBM DB2, MySQL, SQL Server and MS Access.
- Experience of working with several platforms like Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/Vista, UNIX and LINUX.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills and highly motivated team player with ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to the emerging new technologies.
Languages: Java 1.4/1.5/1.6, C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, EJB 3.0, JMS 1.1/MQ series, JAXP, JAXB, Java Server Faces(JSF 2)
Application/Web Servers: WebSphere 3.5/5.x/6.x, Apache Tomcat 4.x/5.x/6.x, JBoss 4.x/, Weblogic 9.X/10.X
Operating Systems: Unix, Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/Vista.
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2005, MySQL, DB2 UDB 7.0/9.0.
IDEs: Eclipse 2.x/3.x, WSAD 4.0/5.1.2, RAD 6.0, JDeveloper 10g, Intellij 4.5/5.1/6.0.
Framework: Struts2 , Spring, Hibernate 3.0
Design Methodologies: UML, Rational Rose, RUP, Agile.
Others: AJAX, LDAP, RUP, ANT, Log4j, JUnit, Rational ClearQuest, CVS, Rational ClearCase, IBM MQ.
Confidential, Jacksonville , FL
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
Description: Developed from the scratch development of SummApp that supports PEGA systems for Proposal, Rate Sheet and Final Pricing Summary generation. I had worked primarily on development and production support of Confidential – Summary of Benefits Coverage UI and Web Service Project. Also, I had worked on developing SGPT – Small Group Proposal Tool Project, eRate – Large Group Proposal System and PMT – Product Management Tool.
- Used Agile(SCRUM) methodologies for Software Development.
- Used Microsoft Visio for developing Use case diagrams, Activity flow diagrams, Class diagrams and Object diagrams in the design phase.
- Developed the application using Angular.js .
- Developed service layer using Spring MVC(REST Services)/DI/ORM/JDBC
- Used Hibernate 3.0 in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Actively involved in designing and implementing Singleton, MVC, Front Controller and DAO design patterns.
- Used Oracle 10g as the backend database. Involved in creating the PL/SQL scripts for the database.
- Used JMS for asynchronous processing.
- JUnit framework for unit testing of application and ANT to build the application and deployed on Websphere 8.5 .
- Consumed REST webservices for external/internal services using Apache Wink framework.
- Used CVS for version control and used RAD IDE for development. Used Log4J for logging.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
Description: Worked overseeing and facilitating design, change management, and development. Gathered requirements for the first phase of the project and presented proof of concept. Involved in design and developing web based application for procurement of their distribution center using J2EE framework.
- Used Agile(SCRUM) methodologies for Software Development.
- Implemented the application using Struts2 Framework which is based on Model View Controller design pattern.
- Actively involved in designing and implementing Value Object, Service Locator, MVC and DAO design patterns.
- Used Java Message Service for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information such as Order submission that consumed the messages from the Java message queue and generated emails to be sent to the customers.
- Designed and developed Stateless Session driven beans(EJB 3)
- Used JQuery as a Java Script library.
- Used Data Access Object (DAO) pattern to introduce an abstraction layer between the business logic tier (Business object) and the persistent storage tier (data source).
- Implemented Session EJB’s at a middle tier level to house the business logic.
- Used REST Web services for sending and getting data from different applications using Jersey Framework .
- Used DB2 as database and developed complex SQL queries.
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and Maven to build the application and deployed on Web logic 9.1 . Used IDE Eclipse 3.3
- Used HP Quality Center for Defect Reporting and Tracking
- Prepared Low level Design, High level Design, Unit test Results documents.
- Used Log4J for logging.
Confidential, Glendale, CA
Description: Confidential is one of the world's largest integrated financial services organizations, which offers products like Whole life insurance, Universal life insurance and Term Life insurance. This project involved the development of a Web based application. The employees can access complete customer account information, process insurance claims and authorize claims of the customers. The application generates free quotes for the customers depending on the type of insurance plan selected after processing their personal info rmation. This application also facilitates a customer to pay his monthly premiums online.
- Implemented various J2EE design patterns for designing this application.
- Design patterns of Business Delegates, Service Locator and DTO are used for designing the web module of the application.
- Used Factory, Singleton design patterns for implementing enterprise modules/DTO’s.
- Developed the Web Interface using Spring MVC, Java Script, HTML and CSS.
- Used Spring DI/JDBC/Hibernate for integrating Spring Service classes.
- Used JQuery for the web page validation
- Consumed webservices using Axis Webservices.
- Used JDBC and Hibernate to connect to the database using DB2.
- Hibernate was used to Map relational data directly to java objects.
- Data sources were configured in the app server and accessed from the DAO’s through HIBERNATE.
- Used CVS for source code control and JUNIT for unit testing.
- Used Eclipse as IDE for development.
- The entire Application is deployed in JBoss Application Server.
- Involved in peer code reviews and performed integration testing of the modules.
- Followed coding and documentation standards.
- Responsible for Delivery, User Acceptance Test issues for the application
Environment:Java, J2EE, JDK1.5, JSP 2.0,Spring MVC , Axis Webservices, JSP 2.0, Servlets 2.4,JDBC, , Spring DI, Hibernate, ANT, Db2 , Web services, XML1.1, Eclipse, JMS, JBoss Application Server , ,JUnit, Rational Rose, Linux, CVS 1.1, RUP, XSLT.
Description: Cash Management Services is a service provided to corporate clients, which facilitates the immediate processing of cheques submitted (both local and upcountry) by connecting all the branches to a central hub. The entire database resides at the hub and, hence, controls all the branches. The float funds received by the Bank could be used for various investment options and the corporate client benefits by having money at his disposal for his immediate business needs.
- Designed the application using the J2EE design patterns such as Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Value Object, Value List Handler, and Singleton.
- Developed presentation tier as HTML, JSPs using Struts 1.2 Framework.
- Developed the middle tier using EJBs, Java Servlets.
- Entity Beans used for accessing data from the Oracle 8i database.
- Developed stateless session beans.
- Have written UNIX Shell Scripts that provides an interface to the user to run migration scripts for the specific solutions in the Application for automation purposes.
- Prepared high and low level design documents for the business modules for future references and updates.
- Deployed the application in Web logic application server in development and production environment.
- Implemented CVS as Version control system.
- Code Walkthrough/ Test cases and Test Plans.