- Java Developer with 7years of experience in Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Production and Support of Java, J2EE and client-server technologies.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Developed and deployed multi-tier Enterprise Applications using Tomcat, JBoss, OC4J, Web Sphere 5.x, 6.x, Web logic 8.x, 9.x Web and application servers.
- Strong Working experience in Design, Development and implementation of several J2EE frameworks like (Model View Controller) Struts 1.1/1.2, Spring IoC, Spring MVC, Spring Web Flow, Spring JDBC, Spring JMX and Hibernate.
- Developed J2EE applications on IDE’s like Eclipse, WSAD, and Rational Application Developer.
- Working experience in developing Session (Stateless &Stateful), Entity and Message Driven Beans.
- Implemented Design patterns such as Session Façade, Abstract Factory, Singleton, Value Object, DAO, Business Delegate, Transfer Object, Command Pattern and Service Locator.
- Developed ANT scripts and shell scripts for the build and deployment of J2EE applications.
- Working experience in using UML, XML parsers (SAX, DOM), XSL, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, WSDL2JAVA, JWSDP, HTML and DHTML.
- Experience with AJAX and Web Services, and working knowledge of DOJO, Dijit, and DOJOX especially Remote Scripting, Data Transfer using JASON, XML etc.
- Hands on experience with JMeter for load-testing in both single and master-slave methodology.
- Experience in unit testing, regression testing the applications using JUnit Framework, JMeter, QTP and developed logging and standard mechanism based on Log4j
- Sound RDBMS concepts and extensively worked with Oracle 9i/8i/10g, PL/SQL, SQLServer 2000 etc.
- Familiar with designing and coding Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursers and Functions using PL/SQL.
- Developed and deployed web services to interact with partner interfaces, and written client interfaces, and implementation classes to consume the web services.
- Experience in training the Jr. Developers in Java/J2EE Technologies, and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Very good experience in developing Test Cas es usingJUnit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a very good team player with the ability to work independently
J2EE Technologies : JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, Struts, JDBC, ODBC, JNDI, RMI, JSP Custom Tag Libraries, Tiles, XML (SAX & DOM), Java Mail API, JAXM, JAXP, JAX-RPC, JAXB, ANT, Applets, JUnit, Rational Robot, Jmeter, JDeveloper, RUP, Rational Rose, CVS, SDLC
Web/App Servers : WebSphere 5.x/4.x, WebLogic 8.x/7.x, Tomcat 5.x/4.x, JRun, JBoss, Apache
IDE Tools : WSAD 5.x, WebLogic Studio 8.x/7.x, Eclipse 3.0/2.1.1, JBuilder, Visual Studio
Web Services : XML, SOAP, WSDL, Apache AXIS
Data Bases : Post Gre SQL, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, SQL server, MS Access, Sybase
Operating Systems : Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
Sr. Java Systems Analyst
Description: The goal of this initiative is todisplay rate information on the Alternate Locations and Unsuccessful Sell pages. In addition it will also provide a new “Alternate Resorts” link for Cross-sell of Resort properties. The goal of this initiative is to analyze and refractor the existing code, and clean up that includes avoiding the return statements in the finally blocks, getting rid of unnecessary exception thrown, in various parts of the application, and also to prepare the code base ready to upgrade to Java 5.0. The main goal of this initiative is to improve the reservation process, currently Marriott reservation process is a 6 step process, now with this enhancement, the reservation process will become 4 step processes. Also, swapping the reservation steps, and providing the user with better look and feel.
- Involved in the review and analysis of the Functional Specifications, and Requirements Clarification Defects etc.
- Involved in the analysis and design of the initiatives using Rational Application Developer.
- Involved in the development of the User Interfaces using HTML, JSP, JS, JQuery, CSS and AJAX.
- Involved in the presentation tier design as well as services layer, and prepared the class diagrams, sequence diagrams for the enhancements.
- Involved in the design of the Presentation Tier, Services Layer etc for all the initiatives.
- Prepared the Technical Design Document for both Presentation Tier, as well as Middle Layer.
- Involved in the development of the presentation tier using Struts framework, Action Classes, Dispatch Action etc, struts tiles, and validation framework.
- Involved in the development of the services layer using design patterns such as Session Façade, DAO, and Value Object etc.
- Used Struts Tag Libraries, JSTL, and other in-house tag libraries.
- Used Vignette content management system for all the content required for .com, and global sites as well as partner sites such as Ritz, Execustay, and Bulgary.
- Involved in developing the DAO layer to interact with Vignette.
- Designed XML schema definition files for various transactions with Marsha to get the reservations availability information.
- Involved in preparing the castor mapping files for various Marsha Transactions.
- Helped to refractor existing code base into common components and application code to leverage greater reusability of common code in second phase code reviews.
- Prepared the code base ready for upgrading Java from 1.4 to 1.5 by removing the variable names such as enum (new keyword in Java 1.5 etc), removing the return statements in the finally blocks etc.
- Involved in refactoring the code to remove unnecessary exceptions thrown at various levels.
- Refactored the code to avoid direct dependency of the presentation layer on the DAO.
- Involved in preparing the code review pockets.
- Participated in the test case reviews, and manual testing of the enhancements during Pass0.
- Used clear case for defect tracking as well as activity tracking.
- Involved in fixing the defects during Pass 1, 2 3 of the integration testing.
- Build and deployment of the Marriott application using ANT on to dev and testing environments.
- Involved in Regression, Integration and System testing and resolving technical issues.
- Participated in the code reviews for various initiatives, Performed Static Code Analysis to follow the Best Practices for Performance and Security.
Environment: HTML, JSP, Java Script, J-Query, CSS, Struts, Tiles, Servlets, Stateless Session EJB, Vignette, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Rational Application Developer, Marsha, Castor, Design Patterns, XML, XSD, DWR, etc.
Sr. Java Developer
Description: Confidential provides advisers with the products, tools and support they need to design effective retirement solutions for their clients. Jackson is a provider of retirement solutions. The company sells variable, fixed and fixed index annuities, and institutional products. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, Jackson also provides asset management and retail brokerage services.
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to carefully understand business requirements and translate business requirements into technical document.
- Contributed in design and development of Struts/MVC web based application
- Involved in writing JSP and JSF components. Used JSTL Tag library (Core, Logic, Nested, and Bean and Html taglib’s) to create standard dynamic web pages.
- Developed Web Service client interface with JAX-WS from WSDL files for invoking the methods using SOAP..
- Worked on client-server and web based technology using J2EE, XML Technologies and also involved in the Product Development
- Worked on Java, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, EJB’s, Struts, JDBC, HTML, XML, and other web based development tools.
- Unit testing code, reproducing, analyzing and fixing defects identified during the Quality Assurance process.
- Performed regression testing, unit testing using JUnit
- Provide ANT build tool for building and deploying the application.
- Managed source repositoryusing Mercurial forversion control tool.
- Provided Log4j support for the application for debugging the system
- Used DB Solo and SQuirreLfor writing SQL scripts.
- Provided the users with training for the product.
- Deployed the application onto the production boxes.
- Effectively prepared for and organized technical inspections to review code and design models with peers and software architects.
- Provided On-Call Support for various products and maintained them.
- Good Knowledge and Understanding of Insurance Domain.
Environment: Java, J2EE,Struts, Servlets, JSP, Web Services, HTML, Unix, Java Script, Windows, SQL, DB2,JBoss, AJAX, JQuery, Ivy, Ant, Attask, Mercurial.
Sr. Java Developer
- Responsible for Design and Development of the Java based Web and Enterprise application in Windows environment.
- Involved in design and implementation of new component, Centera in the work flow.
- Developed a service which enhances the system’s capability in accepting documents from multiple sources and queue them up for processing.
- Involved in integration of the application with the IBM Enterprise Content Management System (CMS).
- Design and redesign of the application using EJB.
- Develop the user interface using HTML, Java Script, Servlets, JSP, and other web technologies.
- Use Custom Tag Libraries and JSTL in the presentation tier.
- Develop the applications using Rational Application Developer.
- Design and Development of Web Services to integrate with other components of the system.
- Involved in High level and Low level design and technical documentation.
- Development of SOA components using WSDL, SOAP, XML, and XSD etc.
- Implemented spring -MVC Design Pattern in the application.
- Various screens are developed using JSP, JSF, HTML, JQUERY AND Java script.
- Documented and participated in Disaster Recovery process. Ensured high quality and strict adherence to the software standards.
- Extensively worked on writing JUnit test cases for testing the business components developed in Spring and Java.
- Used Agile-methodology in Development.
- Coding followed Test-driven development.
- Used SOAP UI to test the webservices and mock response for unit testing webservices.
Environment: Spring, Hibernate, EJB 2.0, Servlets, JSP, Web Services, HTML, Java Script, Windows, SQL, Rational Application Developer, Web Sphere, AJAX, JQuery, Web Services, Crystal Report 2011.
Descrption: Confidential is a typical, thin-client, multi-tired, integrated system with distributed access and centralized data storage, application involving transaction management, multithreading, database connection pooling, and other low-level details. This is meant for education al authorities, schools under education al authorities and other independent schools to do the following tasks: pupil management, pupil special education needs management, assessment and examination, statistics and information management, and interfacing with other departments and agencies. PNG also offers tools such as Diary, Calendar, To-do list, Task Schedulers, attendance recording and performance analysis to help the users and system management for easy administration/maintenance. Parents can use this system to monitor their child’s performance and supporting bodies could use it to deliver better service. Pupils can use this system to support their performance, and access their personal learning plans and timetables. PNG has a secure user login based on username and password.
- Using RUP and Rational Rose, developed Use Cases, created Class, Sequence and UML diagrams.
- Involved in developing the complete process flow of PNG system for all the layers.
- Installed and Configured Apache Tomcat 5.x, Eclipse 3.x, WSAD, and AXIS.
- Developed and used JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages.
- Designed and implemented Struts (MVC Paradigm) components such as Action Mapping, Action class, Dispatch action class, Action Form bean, and a formset for validation.
- Configured Web.xml and Struts-config.xml.
- Used JNDI to lookup for the datasources and EJBs required.
- Implemented Stateless and Statefull Session beans to capture user conversation and to achieve scalability, memory management and transactions, and Entity beans to bring the relational data to the object world.
- Implemented JMSpublic/subscribe for asynchronous messaging.
- Deployed entire PNG application on the production and staging servers at different Levels.
- Developing Test Cases and did unit testing using JUnit.