Senior Java Developer
- Over 7 years of experience with proven expertise in full application software life cycle development involving Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation of application software with emphasis on Object Oriented, J2EE and Client Server technologies.
- Experienced in developing web applications in various domains like Telecom, insurance, retail and banking.
- Extensive experience with advanced J2EE Frameworks such as Spring, Struts, JSF and Hibernate
- Specialized in J2SE, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, CustomTags.
- Extensive experience in Application Software Design, Object Oriented Design, Development, Documentation, Debugging, Testing and Implementation
- Expert level skills in designing and implementing web server solutions and deploying java application servers like Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic on Windows platform.
- Excellent work experience with XML/Database mapping, writing SQL queries, Store Procedures, Triggers with major Relational Databases Oracle 9i/8i, SQL Server.
- Extensively worked on Java/J2EE systems with different databases like Oracle, My SQL, NO SQL and DB2.
- Writing the PL/SQL, SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Having good knowledge of Oracle8i,9i,10g, 11g as Database and excellent in writing the SQL queries
- Experience using Hibernate for mapping Java classes with database and using Hibernate Query Language (HQL).
- Application Integration with IDE’s like Eclipse, WSAD, IntelliJIdea and deployments in application servers like Tomcat, IBM Websphere and Weblogic.
- Strong experience in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and publishing web services that include several components like SOAP, WSDL, XSD, UDDI, Axis2 and JAX-WS.
- Experience in working with different operating systems Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, LINUX.
- Experience in creating Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) using data modeling tools, organizing the data in the project into entities and define the relationships between the entities.
- Proficient in Java Multithreading, Java Collections, Concurrency and iBATIS.
- Experience with RESTful services using Apache CXF/ Apache Axis and JSON.
- Competence in using different java IDEs like Eclipse, JBuilder, NetBeans and RAD for developing Dynamic Web Applications.
- Accomplished with creating Test Plans, defining Test Cases, reviewing and maintaining Test Scripts, interacting with team members in fixing errors and executing User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit, System Integrated Test, Regression Test and Customer Test and also have good knowledge on Control- M.
- Provided technical support for debugging web applications, database and assistance to production systems.
- Team Player with demonstrated ability to work fast and paced, challenging environment with excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical ability, communication skills, writing skills, highly organized to meet the deadlines and ability to grasp and adept to the rising technologies.
- Experience with connecting and working with third party repositories
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris, UNIX, Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu), Windows 2003/07/08 XP/ NT
Middle Ware/Tools: EJB 2.1 & 3.0, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Web services, Message Driven Beans, Apache ActiveMQ and IBM MQ Series for Java.
Database: Oracle 8.x/9i/10g/11g, IBM DB2, MS Access 2003, MS SQL Server 2003/2005/2008/ , TSQL,SQL, PL/SQL, Triggers, Views, HQL, Criteria, Toad
Presentations/GUI: JSP, Java Script, CSS, XSL, HTML, DHTML,AJAX,VB
Tools/IDE’s: Eclipse, IBM Web Sphere Studio (WSAD), Sun ONE Studio, JBuilder, Rational Rose 2001A, CVS, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, XML Spy, Apache Ant-Build Tool, MS-Office, JUnit, SQL *Plus.
Web/App-Servers/EAI: Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere 7 and 8.0 IBM Web Sphere Studio 5.x, BEA Web logic 9, Sun ONE Application Server, IBM HTTP Server, Apache HTTP Server, LDAP.
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS (HTTP+SSL), TELNET, FTP and SOAP
Methodologies: Software Engineering (SDLC), OOAD and UML
Frameworks: Jakarta-Struts (MVC), Framework (MVC), J2EE Design Patterns, Spring, Hibernate
Client: Confidential, Round Rock, Texas
Role : Senior Java Developer
Confidential provides world-class application management and support (ADMS) services across the globe. Confidential manage clients' applications so they can focus on their businesses. Confidential ADMS Services uses innovative technology and industry best practices to deliver end-to-end application support that focuses on the customer, delivers accurate and timely communications and provides continuous service improvements. Tanet is the major client for Confidential and provides Time Management healthcare product, software and services to various healthcare facilities. The Tanet Employee module provides any Facility to New Hire, Re-Hire, Transfer, Terminate, Retire Employee and keeps track of their Benefits, Pay stub, Deductions , Tax packets etc. and track the changes during the Employment tenure and keeps records for 5 years. This application module is Simple to use, and allows the facility administrator to set up new Employee in minutes. Hiring module allows review of all document formats during different scenarios of employment.
- Analysis of the Business Requirement and Functional Specification documents.
- Used Rational Rose for User case Diagrams, Activity Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Object diagrams in design phase.
- Managed the dependency between the classes by implementing Spring’s IoC to promote the loose coupling between them.
- Used Annotations like @Advice, based Spring Framework for auto wiring and injecting the required dependencies to implement business logic.
- Designed and developed Aspects, Advices and Pointcuts for logging and transaction aspects using Spring AOP.
- Developed view components using Spring Tiles, JSP, Groovy, Java Script, CSS3, and custom tag Libraries.
- Implemented the client side validations using Java Script.
- Developed entity classes, Hibernate mapping files for the object relational mapping while configuring Hibernate, also developed HQLs and Named Queries and wrote Data Access Object (DAO) to handle HQL queries.
- Implemented the persistence layer using EH-Cache mechanism to reduce the number of hits to the configured table data.
- Developed SQL, HQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, to interact with the oracle database.
- Involved in consuming the Web services by generating WSDL and performed data exchange with the third party using SOAP, XML.
- Developed the application on WebLogic Application Server and used Eclipse IDE for the development of the Presentation layer and Business Logic.
- Developed the services for authentication using RESTful service, JSON, JSF, Spring and Java.
- Used JAXP for parsing XML documents.
- Used Maven tool for the Project management and for the purpose of compile, run, deploy and to add external dependencies.
- Used Angular JS and Backbone JS
- Successfully handled the error mechanisms i.e., CWS to UI error handling, CWS to MDM Integration, CWS to ESB Integration.
- Experienced in Unit Testing, Debugging, Remote Debugging, Integration and System Testing using TestNG, JUNIT.
- Used SVN for source code control.
- Involved in development of processes for various workflows.
Environment: Spring, Spring MVC, AOP, HTML, JSP, Custom Tags, Java Script, Hibernate, Oracle, Eclipse, Log4j, WebLogic Application Server 10.3, SOAP, PL/SQL, Rational Rose, SAX, DOM, WSDL, JAXP, JAXB, and XML, Eclipse IDE.
Client: Confidential - Richardson, TX
Role : Java Developer
Appeals Application is responsible for review of all clinical appeals requested by a member, a member's representative or a provider. All appeals are reviewed by a specialist familiar with diagnosis and treatment of the clinical situation pertaining to the appealed service. The reviewer making an appeal decision is never the same reviewer who made the initial denial decision. In some cases they are the reviewer who makes the appeal decision. With our EMO Purpose in mind, they collaborate with EHCM Clinicians and our Providers to guide our members to their best possible health outcome.
- Spring framework and J2EE technologies are implemented for insurance claims and payment back-end modules
- Spring DAO and POJO mapping java classes using hibernate ORM tool were successfully implemented.
- Responsible for the wiring and the configuration of Beans using Struts web based application using struts-config.xml and web.xml.
- Developed Web services for non-Java clients to obtain user information and modified Struts configuration files as per application requirements
- Followed Agile Methodology (TDD, SCRUM) to satisfy the customers and wrote JUnit test cases for unit testing modules.
- JUnit is used for testing the application modules and participated in the functional and integration tests
- Successfully designed claims and payment modules for Workers Compensation and Health insurance subsystems using OLAP, Java and J2EE technologies.
- Used log4j for tracking errors and debugging the code.
- Wrote custom rest services using Jersey and developed ecommerce applications using Java and J2EE.
- Developed stored procedures, Triggers and Functions to process the claims using PL/SQL and also established data integrity among all tables residing on Oracle Database.
- Built Ant, Maven, shell scripts and JACL on UNIX environment and deployed the application in WebSphere Application Server.
- Configured Spring to manage Action classes and set their dependencies in a Spring context file and integrated middle tier with Struts. Used EJB components for backend processing.
- Good experience in spring’s IOC, AOP and spring’s integration with Hibernate and Struts technologies.
- Responsible for creating Action Forms and Form Bean using Struts Framework
- Developed web components using Struts framework
- Understanding the existing application and migrating the services using RESTful service and JSON.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Involved in implementing source code Branching and performed Check-in/Check-out in Subversion.
- Developed Messaging frame work for Asynchronous service using JMS (ActiveMQ) and Message Driven Beans.
Client: Confidential, NY
Role : Java/J2EE Developer
OMS Application: Confidential is an American multinational banking and financial services holding company. Worked for a project TEX, a global order management trade capturing OMS application used by Confidential Front office desks (Equities Sales and Trading desks).The application is used to capture the workflow inherent in the day to day business for price requests and trade ideas between the Marketers and Traders.
- Understanding business objectives and implementation of business logic.
- Involved in various phases like design and development of Software development life cycle(SDLC)
- Used Rational Rose for the use case Diagrams, class diagrams, and sequence diagrams to represent the detailed design phase.
- Developed the application using agile methodology and planned the Scrum meetings.
- Server- Side implemented on J2EE, Eclipse platform
- Designed and developed application based on Struts framework using MVC design patterns.
- Used Tiles Plug-in to struts for server side validation
- Developed complete business tier with stateless, stateful session beans and CMP entity beans with EJB 2.0 standards.
- Responsible for development of the functionality using Struts framework
- Used hibernate to store the persistence data into the DB2 database and written HQL to access the data from the database.
- Used JMS for communication with different platform.
- Applied the session façade, DataAccessObject, DataTransferObject, Business Delegate design patterns.
- Developed and maintained user authentication and authorization by employing EJB and connecting LDAP server.
- Provided database interface using JDBC drivers with back-end as DB2.
- Used Statement, Prepared Statement and Callable Statement classes for implementing the database interface.
- Validated data using AbstractFactoryPattern.
- Using Teradata as a database source
- Used IBM DB2 with the functionalities of the database administrator as the backend database.
- Developed automated build files, reporting and documentation using Maven.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Maintained the source code versions in CVS repository.
- Used JUnit Testing Framework for performing unit testing.
Client: Confidential, Dallas, TX
Role : Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential is one of the leading mortgage companies in United States, which offers different mortgage options for purchase, refinance or specialty products including military and Jumbo loans.
- Designing UML diagrams for the entire application using Rational Rose products.
- Used Struts 1.2 framework for implementing the frontend of the reporting module.
- Developed web components using Struts framework
- Incorporated design patterns like Factory pattern, Session Façade, and Singleton pattern. Also used Gang of four (GoF) design patterns.
- Developed MDB in EJB 2.0 for handling offline requests through a Websphere MQ.
- Used JDBC to manage Profile-related tables in My Profile data store.
- XPath was used for parsing SOAP requests. We used XSL&XSLT for extracting and transforming the data between these systems.
- Involved plugging in other tools that talk to Mainframe systems.
- Implemented SOAP functionality for messaging across various types of systems – POS (.Net) in the Front-end, and GDS Mainframes in the backend, and parsing of XSL content.
- Developed JSPs and JavaBeans.
- Created EJB session and message-driven beans.
- Tracing and Logging frameworks implemented using Log4j.
- Usage of Exception handling framework to wrap the exceptions appropriately and show user-friendly error messages to the end user.
- Use of Spring’s backend plug-in for Hibernate to support the My Profile database application which consisted of user profiles.
- Used MVC architecture (Jakarta Struts framework) for Web tier
- Debugging was an important part of the development and maintenance phase.
- Used CVS as the version-control tool for managing the development cycle.
- Unit testing with JUnit at various stages of application development.
Environment: J2SE 1.4, J2EE 1.4 (Servlets 2.4, JavaBeans 1.0, JSP 2.0, EJB 2.1, JDBC 3.0), Struts 1.2, Websphere MQ, Web sphere Application Server 5.1, WSAD 5.1, JUnit 3.8.1, XML, XSL, XSLT, SAX parser, SOAP, Spring 1.2, Hibernate 2.1, CVS, Log4j, Windows XP, Oracle 9i, Mainframes.
Client: Confidential, Menomonee Falls, WI
Role : Sr. Java Developer
Confidential is an American department store retail chain. It is currently the second largest department store by retail sales in the United States. Confidential is known for its niche in popular culture and the diversity of its merchandise.
- Understanding the Business requirements.
- Developed a web based application using Java, JSP, Servlets, HTML with SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) model.
- Used JSP and HTML for creating user interface.
- Implemented Struts DynaActionForms, MessageResources, ActionMessages, ActionErrors, Validation.xml and Validator-rules.xml.
- Written SQL to retrieve and insert data from/into the database.
- Designed, developed and deployed the EJB’s onto the WebSphere
- Application Server 7.5.
- Successfully designed and developed a B2B (Prodesk) and B2C (eStore) ecommerce applications using Java and J2EE technologies.
- Used Log4j as a debugging tool for logging application debugging messages.
- Involved in Code Review.
- Designed and developed user interface (UI) using JSP, JSP Tag Libraries (JSTL), Core Java, Custom Tag Libs, Java Script, XML and HTML.
- Involved in Unit testing and Integration testing of the application.
- Tracing and Logging frameworks implemented using Log4j
- The e-commerce web application was developed with a team of 12 members where the website functionality was extended to provide the customers to perform online transactions.
- Used Clear Case as version control system, to keep track of all the work and changes to allow several developers to collaborate.
Client: Confidential, Rockford, IL
Role : Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential is one of the major health care providers in Illinois. The e-Track system developed for the healthcare service provides patient administration and billing system for the hospital
- Involved in various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases of the project.
- Generated Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and sequence diagrams using rational rose.
- Implemented the application using JakartaStruts Framework which is based on Model view Controlled design patterns.
- Used the Struts Validation and tiles framework in the presentation layer.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSP Tag libraries and Struts Taglibraries to simplify the complexities of the application.
- Developed various EJB Components to fulfill the business functionality.
- Session Beans were developed to process the requests from the user.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Used Spring MVC Framework for Dependency Injection and integrated it with the struts framework and hibernate.
- Used a WAP server for communications to the customer.
- Used web services – WSDL and Soap for getting Credit Card Information from third-party.
- Used JMSAPI for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the message queue.
- Implemented various design patterns in the project such as business Delegate, session façade, data transfer object, data access object, and singleton.
- Designed various tables required for the project in Oracle9i database and used stored procedures and triggers in the application
- Performed unit testing using Joint framework and used Struts Test cases for testing Action Classes.
- Used AntScripts to build and deployed on WebSphere application server.
- Monitored the error logs using Log4J and fixed the problems.
- Developed the different components of application such as JSP, Servlets, and EJB using websphere studio application developer and used CVS for version control.
Role : Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential is the third largest private sector bank in India. It offers financial services to customer segments covering Large and Mid-Corporates, MSME, Agriculture and Retail Businesses.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Object Diagrams and Class Diagrams in UML using Rational Rose
- As a team member involved in Development using JSP, Servlets and an internal tool called Content Management to organize the JSPs created.
- Provide a login screen for the employees with validation, added client side validations using java script and server side validation using Struts Validator Framework.
- Developed Add/Edit KYC Details, Enhanced KYC, Risk Score/EDD and Comments modules using J2EE architecture in Spring MVC Framework by implementing MVC model, which included invocation of Web Services/EJB for integration with external system.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and log4j for logging purposes.
- Designed WSDL's and elaborated type of definitions; schemas based on corporate standards, integration and security specifications
- Tracked errors or unexpected results/bugs with Bugzilla and coordinated with help desk staff.
- Maintained version control using VSS.
- Performed Unit Test using Junit, Integration Testing, and System Testing.