- 6 years of experience in Design, Development, Maintenance and Support of Java/J2EE based applications.
- Experience in OOAD (Object Oriented analysis and Development), MVC architecture (Model, View and Controller) and OOP (Object Oriented Programming).
- Experience in developing applications in domains like Insurance, E-commerce and Finance.
- Experience in developing projects in JAVA/J2EE technologies using Spring Framework, Struts Framework, Servlets, JSP, JNDI, and JDBC, Web Services and web frameworks such as AJAX, jQuery
- Hands on experience in several J2EE design patterns such as Singleton, MVC Pattern, Factory Pattern, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Data Access Object, etc.
- Experience in building web applications using Spring 3.1 Framework features like MVC (Model View Controller), AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), IOC (Inversion Of Control), DAO (Data Access Object) and template classes.
- Expertise in Object-relational mapping using Hibernate .
- Experience in implementing Web Services using SOAP and REST.
- Experience and knowledge in writing SQL Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers in Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Experience in using IDE tools such as Eclipse, NetBeans, STS and JDeveloper.
- Experience in deploying applications using WebSphere, WebLogic, andJBoss Application Servers.
- Team player and self-starter with effective communication, motivation and organizational skills combined with attention to detail and business process improvements.
- Quick learner with good analytical and communication skills coupled with a proactive attitude and good team spirit.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Java / J2EE / HTML5 Developer
The Project was about the core Mobile Aggregator Confidential banking project. It was divided into 5 tracks such as Bill Pay; Report a Claim, Insurance, SF Credit Card and Content Management. For Report a Claim Track, authorized user can fetch the list of available auto policies, list of vehicles and insured through restful web service and can able to post the required information payload back to the service.
- Worked in Agile Environment with Project Architect, Project Manager, and Team leads.
- Created the design documents (Class and Sequence diagram) as per the business use case.
- Created the JSP pages using JSTL, Spring Form and SFX Taglibs.
- Along with SFX tags used HTML5 elements and attributes in order to design the UI.
- Designed code such a way so that the same code can fit into mobile phones, tablets and desktop browsers.
- Implemented responsive web design and ensure the mobile platform look and feel using mobile user agent.
- Identified the common piece of code across all 5 tracks and externalize it to reusable jar file.
- Wrote the set of Beans, Controllers, Providers, Delegates and other helper java classes to accommodate the Spring MVC design pattern
- Used the Spring MVC, Façade and Factory design pattern.
- Worked on SoapUI to make the Rest request and to validate the response payload.
- Consumed the Restful web service to make the service call and retrieve the JSON payload.
- Used Apache Maven as a build and deployment tool and added/modified the dependencies as and when required.
- Written Junit and Easy Mock test cases and met the build requirement which was 90% code coverage. To ensure the code coverage, used codePro tool.
- Used log4j for logging and debugging the application.
- Participated in code review for each track and made sure that the deliverable code is a quality code and fulfill each client’s need.
- Used check Style to make the code align to the expected quality code such as by using Java docs, class and method level comments etc.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Role: Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
This project is to automate the process of research projects done in some of the groups in Confidential called Candidate Enhancement Group, ADME Technology Group etc. This software is used to track all the projects in these groups and various reports are generated.
- Involved in analysis, design, coding and testing of the project.
- Implemented “Model View Control (MVC)” architecture to isolate each layer of the application to avoid the complexity of integration and customization.
- Used J2EE front-end design patterns in implementing Struts framework.
- Used JSP, AJAX and jQuery to make the frontend components interact with the Java script functions to add dynamism to the web pages at the client side.
- Used Struts framework for configuration and implementation of presentation and business layers.
- The Views are programmed using JSP pages with the Struts 1.1 tag libraries, Model is a combination of EJBs and Java classes (Form and Action classes) and Controllers are Action Servlets. The controller uses XML mappings in Struts to map the request to the server side functionality.
- Used EJB as a middleware in designing and developing a three-tier distributed application.
- Persistence layer was developed using JPA.
- Implemented business logic at server side using Session Bean.
- Developed Entity Beans (Program, User) used for encapsulating business logic.
- Developed Web services using Apache Axis2.
- Used Web Services (SOAP) for transmission of large blocks of XML data between two interfaces.
- Used SAX parser and SAX APIs to parse and read XML files.
- Used JMS and Message Driven Beans (MDB) to download XML messages.
- Responsible for generation of jar/war/ear files using Maven tool and deployed in WebLogic Application Server.
- JUnit Framework was used for performing unit testing by writing test cases.
- Used IBM Clear Case for version control and Eclipse as IDE.
Confidential, Winston-Salem, NC
Role: Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential was founded to serve the housing finance industry when the demands of a rapidly changing business climate called for a new kind of mortgage insurance company—one that’s backed by private capital, focused on managing risk, and dedicated to serving as a strong and fair counterparty.
Essent Guaranty currently employs algorithmic solutions to aid its underwriting decisions for multiple lines of business. In Order to improve Essent Guaranty’s ability to better underwire insured risks and improve the efficiency of the business insurance underwriting operations.
- Participating in system design, planning, estimation and implementation.
- Involved in developing Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams and process flow diagrams for the modules using UML and Rational Rose.
- Developed and implemented the MVC Architectural Pattern using Spring Framework.
- Effective usage of J2EE Design Patterns namely Session Facade, Factory Method, Command and Singleton to develop various base framework components in the application.
- Modified Account View functionality to enable display of blocked accounts details that have tags. This involved modifying beans, JSP changes and middle tier enhancements.
- Developed various EJBs (session and entity beans) for handling business logic.
- Developed Session Beans and DAO classes for Accounts and other Modules.
- Extensively used Spring JDBC in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Worked on generating the web services classes by using WSDL, UDDI and SOAP.
- Consumed Web Services using SOAP
- Used JAXB API to bind XML Schema to java classes.
- Involved in Units integration using JUnit, bug fixing, and User acceptance testing with test cases.
- Used CVS for version control and Maven as a build tool.
- Used Log4j for logging errors, messages and performance logs.
- Used JBoss Application Server to deploy application.
Environment: JDK, Servlets, JSP, Spring, HTML, XHTML, XSLT, JDBC, EJB, Oracle 10g, JBoss, Eclipse, Maven, Agile development process, SOAP, JAXB, CVS, PL/SQL, Rational ClearQuest, JUnit, Windows XP and Log4j
Role: Java Developer
Meta minds builds flexible, dedicated technology teams that supplement and complement in-house technology staffs of its Partners. It creates an Offshore Center of Excellence to support Partner branding, increase Partner scalability and enhance Partner solutions & service offerings.
Confidential is a web-based Pricing Management System used to provide dynamic pricing management mechanism. It provides a web-based GUI to manage pricing rules across the company. It provides a mechanism to integrate pricing data from several sources like spreadsheets, ERP, databases and legacy systems into a flexible unified XML based format.
Health Care Information System: Health Care information system is a transaction processing system based on customer Relationship Management system. The application has an ability to track the entire treatment process and automatically generates the relevant reports. It is developed to automate the entire process of treatment tracking and based on treatment status It automatically generates health reports, Appointment notifications, and Billing letters to client and work orders to concerned crewmembers.
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements and converting into technical design document
- Developed JSPs and Servlets to provide a mechanism for obtaining electronic and printed pricelists for list prices, regional prices and customer-specific prices.
- Used Spring Framework to provide architectural flexibility.
- Designed and developed JDBC module to read and write data from Oracle and SQL Server databases and convert to XML format.
- Developed a module to export XML data to CSV files.
- Parsed XML data using Xerces parser to display it on JSPs.
- Designed and developed Session and Entity beans.
- Implemented hierarchical control mechanism to provide different permission levels to different users to modify pricing rules.
- Provided control mechanisms to allow a salesman to view customer accounts associated with his login.
- Implemented hierarchical definition of products, customers and channels.
- Used SVN as version control, ANT as build tool and IBM WebSphere for deployment.
- Involved in unit testing and also developed test cases.
Role: Jr. Java Developer
Designed and developed distributed Enterprise Ordering System that interfaces with several external systems like insurance billing, service activation, and tech support systems to place DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, PVC, and TLS orders using Java, Servlets, XML and JDBC. This ordering system is composed of a flexible order manager, configurable workflow and an adapter layer that interface with external systems. This Ordering Platform incorporates the Sales, Order Entry, Ordering, Workflow, Trouble Management, Data Warehousing, Billing, Product Catalog, Loop Qualification and Provisioning functions for ATM/FR and DSL products into a unified, single system. Enterprise Ordering system automates ordering, service activation and billing along with account management for all order types of DSL and ATM/FR products for retail and wholesale markets.
- Responsible for developing Action Forms and Action Classes in Struts technology.
- Responsible for Developing DTOs to convert Action Forms and pass it to the DAO layer.
- Developed SOAP Web Services for consumption by the downstream components.
- Developed code onusing CVS & Maven software tool to build processes within the application.
- Wrote Stored Procedures to populate the database.
- Developed Message Driven Beans to receive the info from the JMSqueues.
- Worked on Ant for Java project management and build automation.
- Deployed the application on Web Logic application server.