- Over 7 years of experience in analysis, design, implementation and testing of Object Oriented Applications in Client/Server environments using Java/J2EE
- Solid design skills using RationalRose, Clearcase and Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create mock ups and prototypes.
- Creating graphically interesting webpages using tools like Adobe flash and Inkspace.
- Experience in XML related technologies like XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, SAX, DOM Parsers and AJAX.
- Experience in testing applications using performance testing tools and load testing tools.
- Expertise in dealing with databases Oracle 8/9i, SQL 2000, MySQL and PL/SQL scripts to improve the performance.
- Developed web applications by implementing Model View Control (MVC) architecture using JSP pages that interact with Servlets.
- Well versed in both Client and Server-side Programming using Java technologies.
- Good expertise using the various Development tools like Eclipse, Jdeveloper, RAD and Netbeans.
- Experience with full project lifecycle development in J2EE technologies: Requirements analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment of enterprise software applications in various regions.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills along with can–do attitude.
Technical SkillsLanguages: Java, XML, C, and C++.
Java Technologies: Java, J2EE, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JSTL and JavaBeans.
Development Tools: Eclipse, RAD and Netbeans.
Design and Modeling: UML and Rational Rose, Clearcase.
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server,DB2, MS-Access
Scripting languages: HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Angular Js
XML technologies: XSL, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, SAX, DOM Parsers and AJAX
Environments: Windows 8, Windows7 (professional), Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008.
Servers: Oracle Weblogic Server, Apache Tomcat, Websphere, Jboss, Glassfish
Confidential, Augusta ME
Java UI Developer
- Involved in Development and testing phase of Newhire portal.
- Interacting with the client to collect project requirements. Analyzing and categorizing the requirements according to the sprint deliverables.
- Creation of prototypes using Inkspace and Quickview 3.0
- Improve presentation of webpages CSS 3.0, Adobe Flash and JQuery plug - ins.
- Implemented JSP validations.
- Used XML, Servlets and JavaBeans for implementing business logic.
- Involved in solving Cross – Browsing Issues.
- Used Oracle database. Interacted with database using Toad 10.6.
- Compiling and executing packages after every data refresh.
- Application was developed in windows environment was deployed in UNIX system. Implemented required code changes.
- Tested new functionalities added to the application.
- Maintained the portal in various regions like in UAT, pre-production and production regions.
- Involved in resolving the UAT issues.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking.
- Involved in fixing many bugs in project.
- Used PVCS for version control.
- Deployed the application using Oracle Weblogic server.
- Implemented Agile - Sprint model for the development of the project.
- Used Eclipse as IDE.
Confidential, Madison WI
- Interacting with the client and collecting Business Requirements for the Defects
- Organizing the data elements and categorizing business entities using top – down procedure.
- Creating nonfunctional prototypes using Inkspace, Photoshop, Azure and
- Obtain the Detailed User View (DUV) and get the data element spreadsheet.
- Developing new pdf reports and changing the existing reports according to requirements.
- Understand the data model and Component IDs.
- Map HTML and Cargo attributes using the Properties file.
- Understand Pageactions and Imageactions.
- Add Custom tags to the JSP.
- Including JSP validations.
- Creating System Test data and participated in system test for new functionalities added to the application.
- Used CVS for version control.
- Used SQL for backend for creating tables and calling Stored Procedures.
- Deployed the application using IBM Websphere server.
- Build the project using Ant Builder.
- Used SubEclipse - RAD as IDE for coding.
- Implementing Agile methodology for the project development.
- Developed dynamic page designing using JSP to invoke Servlets (Controllers).
- Developed JDBC Connection pooling to optimize database connections.
- Coordinated with the users to gather and analyze the business requirements.
- Design & Development of design specifications using design patterns and OO methodology using UML (Rational Rose).
- Involved in Use Case analysis and developing User Interface using HTML/DHTML
- Involved in the Development and Deployment of Java beans.
- Wrote different stored procedures in Oracle using Pl/SQl.
- Used Java Script for Client side validations.
- Implemented Session Tracking and User Authentication.
Environment: Java, JSP, Servlets, JDBC, JavaBeans, Oracle, HTML/DHTML, VisualCafé3.0, Microsoft FrontPage, Java Script 1.3, PL/SQL, JavaMail Api, Tomcat 4.0, Windows 98.
Jr. Java Programmer
- Developed the application utilizing the Struts framework and MVC Architecture.
- Implemented Tiles, Validation frame works and Nested tag libraries.
- Involved in developing JSP pages for the web tier and validating the client data using the Java Script.
- Implemented Struts to direct user requests to a controller servlet, which determined the nature of the request and passed it off to the appropriate handler.
- Adopted J2EE best Practice, using J2EE Design patterns like Data Access objects for portability and performance and created many Value Objects.
- Designed test-first code methodology and implement test cases using JUnit
- Implemented the database queries in DAO, used web services to access the web enabled methods.
- Implemented CSS(Cascading style sheets) at JSP pages for GUI look and feel
- Prepared test cases with respect to front end pages developed and tested upon the test cases written.
- Used CVS (Concurrent Versions System) for version control.
- Designing the Use Case Diagrams, Class Model, Sequence diagrams, for SDLC process of the application using Microsoft Visio.
- Designed and developed UI components using JSP, JMS, JSTL
- Deployed project on Web Sphere 6.1 application server in Linux environment.
- Implemented the online application by using Web Services, SOAP, WSDLJSP, Servlets, JDBC, Core Java.
- Implemented Singleton, DAO Design Patterns, factory design pattern based on the application requirements.
- Used DOM and SAX parsers to parse the raw XML documents.
- Tested the web services with SOAP UI tool.
- Developed back end interfaces using PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, Functions, Procedure, Anonymous PL/SQL programs, Cursor management, Exception Handling in PL/SQL programs.
- Tuning complex database queries and joining the tables to improve the performance of the application.
- Used RAD as Development IDE for web applications.
- Used Clear Case for Version Control tool.
- Used Clear Quest for bug tracking tool.