- Over 9 years of experience in SDLC, Object oriented analysis/design and development, Model View Controller, J2EE, JAVA (Servlets, JSPs, JNDI, Java Beans, EJBs, RMI, CORBA, and JDBC).
- 4 years experience in WebSphere Portal design and development using Portlets, Servlets, JSP, JDBC. WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Portlet Factor etc.
- Experienced in planning, design and implement portal solutions using WebSphere Portal.
- Experienced in developing JSR 168, IBM Portlet APIs and customizing the themes and skins with personalized content.
- Experienced in Portal Administration tool to configure Portals.
- Experienced in Web Content Management systems such as IBM Web Content Management. Knowledge of integration and development on Content Management Systems with portal solutions.
- Experienced in leveraging RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL.
- E xperienced in designing, developing and maintaining portal applications using IBM WebSphere Portal on Rational Application Developer (RAD).
- Experienced in developing web applications using Java, Servlets, JSP, EJB, Portal Applications, Hibernate, Struts, Spring, AJAX, and JDBC.
- Experienced in developing JSR 168, JSF portlets and JSR 286 portlets with various modes View, Edit, Help, Themes & Skins, XMLAccess, Co-operative portlets, and deployment scripts
- Experienced in migrating IBM API portlets to standard portlets
- Experienced in developing portlets using WebSphere Portlet Factory, and custom builders in WebSphere Portlet Factory
- Experienced in using WebSphere Dashboard Framework builders.
- Experienced in configuring the custom user attributes in LDAP with WMM of WebSphere Portal, and VMM of WAS.
- Experienced in developing applications using WebSphere, Weblogic, Apache, and Tomcat.
- Experienced in developing Web, Client/Server, multi-tiered applications from designing of the architecture, requirements gathering through testing and installation with quick learning curve on new technologies and excellent problem solving, analytical, logical and inter personal skills.
- Experienced with Process Portals where the Portal Server integrates with Process Server
- Experienced with Rules based personalization of the Portal.
Protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet, COM.
App Servers: WebSphere Application Server, Apache Tomcat
Portal Servers: WebSphere Portal Server
Process Server: WebSphere Process Server
Web Servers: IBM HTTP Server, Apache HTTP Server.
Web Services: SOAP, WSDL
CMS: IBM Web Content Management.
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access.
OS: Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows
Development: IBM Rational Application Developer, IBM WSAD
Tools: Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, MS Front Page and MS Office.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Confidential, New York City, NY
Sr Java/ Websphere Portal Developer
- Requirements analysis and preparation of software requirement specification.
- Identify and gather business rules involved in the Legal Review.
- Used spring framework for building the application based on MVC design paradigm.
- Developed the front end using JSF and Portlet.
- Used Weblogic portal MP3
- Developed portlets, pages and books
- Used faces-config. Xml, controller, control and service controls to map the data from service and display it in UI.
- Developed persistent layer using Hibernate.
- Involved in development of documents version using web services (AXIS).
- Used Xmlbeans for converting xml to java objects.
- Extensive use of spring for middle tier component implementation and implementation of business logic.
- Used HTTP Unit/JUnit for unit testing.
- Defined the Change Control Management for the project.
- Involve in the design of portlets for WebSphere Portal
- Developed the themes and skins in new WebSphere Portal.
- Developed and used different theme profiles, and modules for loading the CSS and JS for better performance.
- Developed JSR 286 portlets for migration from WebSphere Portal V6.1 to WebSphere Portal V8.0
- Developed portlet for QuickR places, and Lotus Connections.
- Developed the portlets using dojo v1.7 for performance improvement.
- Created WCM components(HTML, Menu, JSP), and used in WCM portlets.
- Developed Authoring templates, Presentation templates, and workflows
- Deployed the portlets using XML Access script
- Implemented the Spring dependency injection of the Database helper instance to the action objects.
- Worked on the Spring framework like Spring IOC and Spring DAO.
- Implemented Persistence layer using Hibernate to interact with the Oracle database.
- Deployed the application on WebSphere Application Server.
- Involved in user interface development using JSTL.
- Designed and implemented Agile methodology for project development.
- Developed Rest architecture based webservices to facilitate communication between client and servers.
- Involving in Building the modules in Linux environment with ant script.
- Created Class Diagrams and sequence diagrams using UML.
- Used My Eclipse as an IDE for developing the application.
- Worked with Rational ClearCase to provide sophisticated version control, workspace management and parallel development support
- Designed and developed SOA based enterprise system using Oracle SOA Suite and WebSphere Developed HQL queries for CRUD.
- Agile process is used for tracking and developing the application.
- Developed a web 2.0 control console using GWT to manage data matching for data staging
- Worked on designing and creating business rules using IBM ILOG Rules Engine.
- Enhanced and created new Jasper Reports according to the requirements.
- Wrote complex reporting applications with Ext JS
- Used Maven to build and generate code analysis reports.
- Write JDBC code to connect to Oracle DB
- Involved in the development of reports using iText tool
- Design & Development of the User Interfaces using HTML, CSS andJSP.
- Involved in intense User Interface (UI) operations and client side validations using AJAX toolkit.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework which is based on the MVC design pattern.
- Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Used WebSphere for design, development, and deployment of applications.
- Developing enterprise applications using Struts Frameworks
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr Websphere Portal Developer
- Delivered External Design Document, Sequence Diagrams and Class Diagrams.
- Installed RAD and setup development environment locally to access the Portlets and Pages.
- Developed Java Server Faces portals using J2EE architecture of the portal application.
- Used Java Server Pages for the presentation of portals.
- Used Portal Administration tool to configure Portal and display portals based on the users and groups.
- Used Web Services to interact with Websphere Process Server.
- Worked on Subversion Repository for versioning.
- Involved in requirements gathering, and finalizing the design.
- Designed, developed, and configured Custom User Repository as one of the user repositories in federated user registry.
- Developed JSR 286 portlets along with themes, and skins
- Customized the Search Center portlet.
- Created WCM components(HTML, PZN, Menu, JSP), and used in WCM portlets.
- Developed Authoring templates, Presentation templates, and workflows
- Created and used Personalization Rules in displaying content in WCM portlets
- Deployed the portlets using XML Access script
- Used Core Spring Framework for Dependency Injections of components
- Implemented application level persistence using Hibernate and Spring.
- Developed the application using Struts Framework that leverages classical Model View Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Designed the UML diagrams based on the OOAD principles
- Implemented Web Services using SOAP Technology.
- Eclipse was used for Rapid Development of the application.
- Used DOJO to create interactive user interface.
- Developed JUnit test cases for all the developed modules.
- Developed Web pages using AJAX.
- Used DB2 as the database and wrote SQL & PL-SQL.
- Developed the Servlets for processing the data on the server.
- Used JIRA issue tracker to file the bugs.
- Created frontend using EXTJS framework.
- Writing PL/SQL procedures and functions using PL/SQL editor.
- Implement web service components using Apache CXF framework
- Used ANT scripts to build the application and deployed on WebSphere Application Server.
- Developed custom tags, JSTL to support custom User Interfaces.
- Developing user interfaces using JSP, CSS & DHTML
- Deployed the applications in Linux servers using deployment scripts.
- Used Resource Manager to schedule the job in Unix server.
- Developed XML Parsing logic using DOM Parsers.
- Developed a Web Application using Java with the Google Web Toolkit API (GWT)
- Designed and developed the application using agile methodology and followed TDD, Scrum
- Developed layout of Web Pages using Tiles and CSS.
- Worked with ILog Jrule engine, to trigger the business rules in the rules execution engine configured in Websphere application server.
- Deployed application using Apache Tomcat.
- Used JMS for Asynchronous communication between the applications.
- Created components for the testing of use cases written using Jrules.
- Integrated Jasper Report with Struts web based application.
- Used Subversion for software version control.
- Develop SOA service documents for Enterprise Applications.
- Created web services using SOAP for SOA to get data from Mainframes and content manager.
- Used WebSphere server for deploying various components of application.
- Developed Web pages using JSF.
- Implemented the caching mechanism in Hibernate to load data from Oracle database.
WebSphere Portal Consultant
- Reviewing functional requirements.
- Set up development environment with Rational Application Developer and WebSphere Portal server.
- Used Web Service Client to consume web services within portlets .
- Worked on CVS Repository for versioning.
- Developed portlets for UAAS portal using JSR 168 API.
- JQuery and Ajax based UI, which provided Web 2.0 features to portlets.
- Inter-portlet Communication between multiple portlets with portlet wiring feature of IBM WebSphere Portal.
- Installed and deployed portlets in different portal environments (development and testing environments portal servers with portal admin GUI and XMLAccess scripts
- Worked on the themes and skins of the portal pages to fine-tune the look and feel of the portal page.
- Involved in the design of porlets, and developed the JSR 168 portlets
- Prepared high level, and detail design documents
- Designed & developed the Portlets using WebSphere Portlet Factory
- Developed the custom builders for logging
- Developed a generic model for error handling
- Developed Themes & Skins
- Used Ajax builder in developing the portlets
- Deployed the developed portlets to WebSphere Portal Server
- Prepared and executed unit test cases
- Developed the Web Based Rich Internet Application (RIA) using J2EE (Spring framework)
- Used iBATIS framework with Spring framework for data persistence and transaction management.
- Implemented front end changes based on spring integrated with Struts along with JSP view
- Tuned the web application running on JSF framework.
- Designed UML diagrams using UML and Rational Rose.
- Created selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Developed Swing for user interaction and data presentation.
- Worked on DB2 data base for storing and retrieving the application data
- Configuration and deployment of application on to WebSphere application server .
- Developed various EJB's to handle business logic.
- Employing Water Fall Model and best practices for software development
- Created SQL Server logins and assigning roles and Authentication models as a part of Security.
- Designed and implemented database structure in MySQL Server.
- Design and Developed using WebService using Apache Axis 2
- Used Netbeans for development and Websphere Application Server for deploying the web application.
- Use IBM MQ Series to send information from mainframe to web and back to mainframe
- Deployed complex systems on client site that includes EMC Documentum
- Used TOAD for all database query testing and optimizations
- Developed application service components and configured beans using Spring IoC.
- Developed complex Web based UI using Struts, Ajax and Java Script.
- Involved in creating user interfaces using JQUERY.
- Developed Web Services using WSDL and XML.
- Developed Web server (Tomcat) and Application Server WebSphere configurations and coordinated in the deployment and maintenance of middleware operations.
- Version controlling code components and documents using CVS
- Used Ant for developing build scripts and deploying the application onto WebSphere
- Working with the JIRA tool for Quality Center bug tracking.
- Developed various UI (User Interface) components using Struts (MVC), JSP, and HTML.
- Deployed the application in WebSphere Application Server.
- Used iBatis and MyBatis ORM tools which automate the mapping between SQL databases and objects in Java.
- Designed and built an application based on previous Classic ASP version
- Developed Java Script and Action Script, VB Script macros for Client Side validations.
- Involved in packaging, deployment and upgrade of different modules of SAS on WebSphere App server.
- Used web services (REST) to bridge the gap between our MS and Drupal technology.
- Involved in designing the data stage job to implement ILOG JRules Component.
- Used Visual Source Safe for Version Control.
- Conversions of JCL codes to equivalent Unix Shell Scripts and testing.
- Developed code for C, C++ to secure the transaction.
Confidential, Long Island, NY
Websphere Portal Consultant / IBM Web Content Management (WCM)
- Involved in J2EE architecture of the portal application and in delivering an n-tier scalable solution.
- Generated Use Cases as part of the deliverables of design.
- Involved in customizing the design and development of Themes and Skins of Websphere portal according to the client’s requirement.
- Integrated Active Directory with Websphere portal for authentication and single-sign-on purposes through Websphere PUMA interface and wrote custom code to implement additional functionalities. These Java APIs were also used in personalization.
- Integrated WebSphere Process Server to the Portal Server and leveraged the processes within the Portlets.
- Designed and Developed JSR 168 Portlet, IBM Portlet API based applications for various Departments.
- Designed JSP for the presentation tier.
- Configured rights to different users, user groups in the environment to access the Portlets and Pages under the administration part of Portals.
- Leveraged Rules based Personalization within the Portal to enable configurable personalization
- Used JDBC to connect to the information model tier.
- Responsible for managing the portal solution after the deployment to the production site.
- Used Rational Clear Case for versioning.
Environment: IBM Websphere Application Server, IBM Websphere Portal, Oracle, Red Hat Linux, IBM WCM, IBM Rational Application Developer, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, XML/XSL.
Confidential, Tampa FL
- Working as Senior Programmer.
- Involved in developing application using Velocity framework, JSP, JSTL, struts tag libraries (struts-bean, struts-html, struts-logic), CSS, spring framework, java, java script, Ajax, HTML and DHTML for front-end development.
- Involved in migration of database schemas from Informix to Oracle database.
- Involved in writing complex stored procedures as per business logic and creation of Triggers and Sequences.
- Design patterns like Singleton, Session Façade, Message Façade, Business Delegate, and Data Access Objects and Value Objects are used.
- Developed model components using session beans and used local message beans to interact to session using EJBs.
- Extensively used Log4J for logging in the application, Ant tool to build and configure J2EE applications.
- Involved in creation of queues, topics with JMS and websphere mq series.
- Modified the java code as per Oracle Stored procedures.
- Writing Entities with Toplink JPA and oracle.
- Involved in creation of JPA with IBatis and Toplink frameworks.
- Created the business workflow with open symphony BPM.
- Created job scheduling with Quartz (3 rd party tool) and Timer task.
- Used CEM, to send requests from java to CPP.
- Involved in migrating the CPP modules to java modules with spring framework.
- Involved in creation business process with open symphony BPM tool.
- Created the application in UNIX and windows platforms, involved in shell script or UNIX operating system.
- Involved in creation queues and topics with JMS and ActiveMQ, created messages and send to queues.
Environment: Java, J2EE, HTML, Java Script, Oracle, JSP, Servlets, XML, Eclipse, JDBC, CVS, PL/SQL, Spring framework (Inversion of control), Ant, Itext, UML, Unix, Java mail(SMTP), Magic Draw, ActiveMQ, IBM MQ Series. JMS, CEM, Timer task, Open Symphony workflow & Quartz scheduler,, weblogic, iPlanet, log4J, JPA, IBatis, Toplink, EJB, Flex, C++, Informix database.