- Career Objective: To pursue my career as a Software Professional creating ample scope for contributing quality architectural design and development for organization’s IT Dept.
- 10+ years of Software Design, Development & Consulting experience across various domains Financial (7+ Yrs.) & Telecom (3 Yrs.) domain.
- Involvement in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) focusing on conceptualizing business needs and translating them into viable technical solutions.
- Strong Skills in Multithreading, Caching, Messaging Services & Grid Memory based application design/development with extensive use of Core Java Collection Frameworks & Data Structure and Design Patterns.
- Experience in database activities like Data Modelling, Database Design, SQL Tuning.
- Strong ability in communicating with project development team and prioritizing work load. Strengths include successful analysis and problem - solving expertise, highly rated oral and written communications skills.
- Core Java, J2EE, Spring, EJB, ORM(Ibatis)
- Data Structures, Design Patterns, UML
- MQ, Tibco, JMS, MDB
- JSP, Servlet, Java Script, Struts MVC
- Webservices, SOAP, XML
Databases: Oracle, Sqlserver, DB2
Operating System: Unix, Windows
App Servers & IDE: Eclipse, RAD, WSAD, JBOSS, Tomcat, Maven, IBM Extreme scale
Testing & Tuning: JDT IDE, JUnit Scripting, LoadRunner, Heap Analyzer, Profilers
Version Control: Perforce, CVS, VSS, Accurev
Planning & Tracking: JIRA, JADE, Quality Control
Sr. IT Consultant
Project: Distributed Vision Services
Business Domain: Mobility & Wireless Billing Middleware, Grid based transaction handling, Global Router
Description: DVS Distributed Vision Services is enterprise wide billing middleware platform for Confidential:
- Virtually spanned across many geographical zones that implements business process/services involving multiple client applications and enforces security and business rules on customer data.
- Huge quantity of transactions scales to several millions per day.
- On the forefront of huge enterprise migration (Order Rewire) from Legacy Cobol/DB2 to Java, Grid based & Oracle platform saving millions for the company.
- Designed & developed a new architecture for the billing and order processing middleware that executes multithreaded task based optimal graph execution path. Usage of Classic Data structures and Java, spring, ORM (Ibatis), Oracle, Grid Based In-memory data storage and Xml technologies.
- Developed Real-time routing and failover mechanism appropriately designed to balance soft/hard cutover of legacy systems, absolutely seamless for clients.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, spring, Ibatis, XML, Web Services, Grid Based In-memory data storage, Oracle, UNIX, JUnit
Team Lead & Sr. Developer
Confidential, Merrill Lynch, NYC
Project: Trade Processing System
Business Domain: Investment Banking & Capital Markets Trading Platform of Fixed Income & Equities
Description: Trade Processing Platform of Banc Of America Securities (Fixed Income):
- Real Time trade processing with numerous validation, enrichments & routing.
- Middle & BackOffice communications with Bloomberg, SunGard, DTCC and other major market settlement/clearing house.
- Regulatory & Compliance related Reporting
Trade Matching & Exception Platform of Merrill Lynch unit (Equities):
- Trade Matching with external entities including Customer, Broker, Settlement Agents & Clearing House.
- Confirmation & Affirmation.
- Repository & Business Rule management for exception resolution processing from notification to escalation, reprocessing to final confirmation.
- Requirement Analysis & Client interfacing.
- Design & Develop robust scalable Multi-Threaded J2EE applications using Caching.
- Extensive use of Messaging Services including IBM MQ & Tibco.
- Responsible for Database designing/development on Oracle.
- Extensive use of Database Triggers, Stored Procs, Views.
- Develop Job scheduler framework for enterprise using Autosys.
- Leading Onsite & Offshore development teams, while all delivery responsibilities thrust on my shoulders.
- Continuous business requirement analysis and co-development of a robust & scalable automated trade processing platform with a very less scope for errors in trade processing & regulatory reporting.
- Building and handling two teams seamlessly within this high performance environment.
- Many client accolades for a very successful & timely merger of various critical applications of Bank of America & Merrill Lynch.
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets, Messaging Services, Struts, XML Oracle, UNIX, Autosys, JUnit
Computer Programmer Aug 2004 - Jan 2007
Project1: Recon Process System
Description: Goal to create a central trade reconciliation system.
- Involved in Client Interaction for requirement analysis
- Developed a Struts & Core Java based application.
- UML Designing.
- Project results exceeded client expectations by achieving automated reconciliation in a very efficient mechanism of complicated query performance with a least amount of memory utilization.
Environment: Core Java, JSP/Servlets, Java Beans, Struts, Oracle, UNIX, Actuate, UML Designing
Project 2: Payment Processing System
- Settlement System in Confidential back-office world for EQ and FI payments:
- Scope of the project included development of a rule based payment processing system.
- System can process outbound/in-bound wire, checks and ACH (USD and non-USD) payments.
- Calendar and automated payments are also supported by the system.
- On time big ticket delivery maintaining proper quality of a scalable & robust enterprise system
Environment: Core Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets, Struts, XML, Web Services Oracle, UNIX, JUnit
Project 3: Security Access Management
- Developing a centralized user access management & authentication to the bank's various applications.
- Project was a replacement of various legacy access management systems available across bank’s network.
Environment: Core Java, JSP/Servlets, Java Beans, Oracle, UNIX