- Sun Certified Java Programmer with 9+ years of IT experience developing enterprise applications using Java, J2EE in Banking and Financial Services, Taxation Domains
- Strong experience working in Agile environments practicing paired programming, test driven development and SCRUM methodology in particular
- Experience in MVC (Model View Controller) architecture using Struts framework and various J2EE design patterns and UML Methodologies
- Good Experience with Core Java APIs using Multithreading, Collections, Generics
- Expertise in working with frameworks APIs like Struts, Hibernate, Spring and JUnit
- High proficiency in ANT scripts. Good Knowledge in Maven
- Expertise in shell scripting in UNIX environment
- Good experience using application servers such as WebLogic, JBoss, Websphere and Apache Tomcat
- Experience using IDEs like Eclipse 3.x and Version Control Systems like Rational Clearcase, PVCS
- Experience in developing stored procedures, functions, trigger using databases Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server, DB2
- Direct implementation experience configuring MarkLogic database
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills gained by experience
- Highly motivated team player with zeal to learn new technologies and commitment to put the best of efforts in challenging environments
Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP and Unix
Java/Web Technologies: Core Java, J2EE, JDK1.5, Swing, AWT, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, Custom Tag Libs
Languages: Java, PL/SQL, XQuery
Frameworks: Struts, Hibernate, Spring(IOC,AOP,Spring web services etc.), JUnit
Databases: Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, MarkLogic
Web/Application Server: IPlanet, Apache tomcat, JBoss, BEA Web logic and IBM WebSphere
SCM tools: IBM Rational Clearcase IDE
Project Details: Confidential
Project: Content Delivery Systems
- Used Agile/Scrum Method for gathering requirements and facilitated user stories workshop.
- Documented User Stories and facilitated Story Point discussions to analyze the level of effort on project specifications.
- Interact with Architects, Technical Leads, Requirements Analysts, Data Analysts and Project Leaders to meet agreed - upon development schedules in the Sprint planning meeting.
- Developed iterations and refactored some of the applications based on agile methodology and delivered projects on time.
- Involved in Complete Development tasks which includes Map force mapping (Map force will generate XQuery that transforms data supplier schema to target master schema for particular data supplier feed).
- MarkLogic performs transformed XML validation and inserted it to the specific application database. It serves as XML repository to maintain application data.
- Transformed XML tested using automated scripts of each iteration.
- Developed tools to validate the data and created re-usable utilities in line with Agile methodology.
- Developed XML Data loading and transformation software for loading enterprise content for new online delivery systems using MarkLogic, Java, XML, XQuery, XPath and XSLT.
- Primary support for the Production ongoing monitoring for the systems and able to troubleshoot and solves all the work related problems quickly.
- Participated in the Sprint review to use data for CAS online products and retrospective meeting where the progress is reviewed and the lessons for the next sprint are identified.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Perl, Java 1.5, XML, Altova MapForce, Altova XmlSpy, UNIX, MarkLogic, MySQL, JIRA, Eclipse, Clearcase, Maven
(State Taxation Accounting and Revenue System)
- Involved in analysis, design and development of business rules
- Created Unit Test plan in accordance with the design
- Review Unit Test plan addressed in functional and technical design document
- Enterprise Taxation Management (ETM) development approach includes ETM Configurations defined in Functional design document. It covered Data and process configuration such as BPA Script, Service Script, UI map, Zones, Service program
- Developed ETM Custom Java code extensions defined in technical design document such as batch programs, Business Components (Helper classes and Methods), Java Application Services.
- Used JUnit for Unit Testing and capture execution results
- Worked closely with QA group to fix defects found in System Integration Testing
Environment: Apache Tomcat, Oracle ETM 2.2, Hibernate 3.0, Oracle DB2, XML, Clearcase, Java 1.5, Eclipse, HPQC 8.2
Client- Confidential . CA
Project: Employee self service
- Responsible for full life cycle development of ESS application. This included analysis, documentation, design, coding, testing.
- Interacted frequently with the various business teams for gathering business requirements.
- Developed web application using JSP custom tag libraries, Struts Action classes and Action. Designed Java Servlets and Objects using J2EE standards.
- Developed and unit tested of annotation based Hibernate POJOs, Spring based DAO, and business layer classes.
- Used second-level caching service of Integration for Ehcache into Hibernate.
- Implemented Spring web services and developed framework for synchronization of data across multiple applications via web services.
- Implemented XML based spring transaction management for the applications. Developed and tested the JMS senders and receivers for the various interfacing systems.
- Used Quartz API for Job Scheduler . Used ANT script as build tool and deployed application on WebLogic 10 application Server.
Environment: Struts 1.2, Spring 2.5, Java 1.5, Eclipse 3.5, WebLogic10, Quartz, WebSphere MQv6, Ant, Oracle 11g, and UNIX
Project: Java Financial Platform for Consumer Banking Services
- Analysis, Design, Development of Creditcard and Citicard modules.
- Prepared clear, concise detailed File specification (FS) document in accordance to Client's guidelines and standards. Captured the requirements in the form of Use case, Sequence and UML diagrams for design.
- Development of UI Marketing pages for Citiblue, Citigold and Combo Customers.
- Involved in the development of displaying Welcome module with CRM customer name in home page for Citigold customers based on JFP Architecture.
- Used Struts tag libraries, tile framework and used Struts Controller to implement workflow application.
- Wrote Action Form and Action classes. Involved in the implementation of Validator with Rules-based Engine.
- Installed and configured different applications in WebSphere Application Server for deployment in the DEV environment on a need to do basis.
- Used JDBC for database connectivity with Oracle.
- Used Eclipse Java IDE Tool for building, testing, and deploying applications.
- Used CVS for software configuration management and version control.
- Ant was used as the build tool.
- Worked closely with QA group to fix defects found in UAT test, Production.
- Participated in sessions to define solution approaches and identify assumptions, constraints, risks and issues.
- Involved in System Requirements study and conceptual design.
- Created UML diagrams like sequence diagram, Use case diagram.
- Develop the User Interface Screens for presentation using JSP, CSS, JS and HTML.
- Used XML to transfer the application data between client and server.
- Involved in Unit and Integration testing.
- Debugged the ANT Scripts for building the entire web application.
- Involved in deployment support to the Onsite team.