- Highly motivated, creative and versatile IT professional with 7+ years of experience in Java and J2EE technologies.
- Experienced in developing web applications in various RETAIL domains like Pharmacy, Transportation, Logistics and Departmental Stores.
- Strong in Agile/Scrum, and Test Driven Development.
- Involved in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases which include Requirement analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing and Deployment.
- Expertise in J2EE technologies like JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, JDBC and JNDI.
- Experienced in developing Web Applications with various Open Source frameworks: GRAILS, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, Hibernate ORM, Grails ORM
- Extensively worked on implementing SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using Web services (REST and JSON parsing).
- Good Experience in Server side Business Logic Development. using Session, Entity and Message Driven Beans and Java Messaging Service (JMS).
- Experience in working with Web/App servers like Tomcat, Embedded Tomcat Glassfish, WebSphere, JBoss.
- Experience with various J2EE design patterns like Model View Control, Data Access Object, Session Façade, Singleton and View Object in the development of Enterprise Applications.
- Experienced in working with databases like IBM DB2, Teradata, MS SQL, Oracle and MYSQL.
- Extensive experience with Java complaint IDE’s like Eclipse,Spring Tool Suite, Groovy Grails Tool Suite, IntelliJ, MyEclipse, WSAD/IRAD.
- Worked with XML parsers like JAXP (SAX and DOM) and JAXB.
- Experienced in writing Gradle, Ant, Maven build scripts for project development and deployment.
- Articulate in written and verbal communication along with strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently and adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
Programming Languages: Java,Groovy,PL/SQL
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, DHTML, VXML
Web Technologies: JSP,GSP, Servlets, EJB, JSTL, JMS, Applets
Frameworks: Grails, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Junit,Spock, Chef, Geb
Software Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and Test Driven Development
Middleware: EJB 2.0/3.0 (Entity Beans, Session Beans, MDB), JMS, IBM MQ series, RMI
Web services: REST, JERSEY - REST, Grails-REST, Spring-REST,XML-RPC, WSDL, UDDI, Axis
Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/NT/9x, Linux (RedHat 6.1,7.2,8.0), Sun Solaris, HP-UX 3000, AIX
Design Patterns: Singleton, Value Object, MVC, Session Façade, DAO
Web Design Tools: Bootstrap 3.0, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Front Page 2003
UML Tools: Microsoft Visio 2003, Rational Rose Enterprise
IDEs: Eclipse 3.x/4.x, MyEclipse 6.0, WSAD 4.x/5.x, IRAD 6.0, Netbeans 4.1/5.0, JBuilder 2005/2006, Spring Tool Suite, Groovy Grails Tool Suite, IntelliJ
Database IDEs: MS SQL Server management studio, MYSQL query browser, SQL developer (Raptor) , Toad , DB Visualizer , Teradata SQL Client
Web/Application Servers: BEA Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, IIS , VM
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access 2003, MySQL 4.0/5.0, DB2
Version Control Tools: CVS, Clear case, Subversion, PVCS, VCS , Git , SVN
Testing: JUnit, EasyMock, PowerMock, Spock , Geb
Protocols: SOAP,TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS
XML Editor: Altova XMLSpy 2006
Confidential, Fort worth, Texas
- The project involved extensive use of the different Spring framework features including Spring MVC, Spring Core and Spring Security.
- Used Agile Software Development for developing the application with clear, efficient workflow.
- Implemented Spring MVC, which includes writing Controller classes for handling requests, processing form submissions and performed validations using Commons validator.
- Integrated the application with Spring framework for implementing Dependency injection and provide abstraction between presentation layer and persistence layer.
- Wrote various queries using Hibernate query language (HQL) and hibernate criterion queries to execute queries against database.
- Implemented hibernate mappings with annotations such as @OneToOne, @OneToMany, @ManyToMany.
- Implemented custom email formats with styles and images using velocity templates.
- Worked on reading from and writing data to excel files using Apache POI interface.
- Managed version control using Subversive.
- Developed the entire application using Groovy Grails tool Suite (STS) and used Gradle scripts for building the application.
- Used Web Services for transferring codes between carriers and the application.
- Developed RESTful web services including JSON formats for supporting client requests.
- Designed and developed the common page layout and created screens by assembling Tiles and screen definitions in centralized configuration files.
- Updated the scrum in and JIRA for issue tracking.
- Involved in unit testing and system testing, and smoke testing while deploying the application to Quality assurance (QA).
- Extensively used Spock and JUnit and defined Various TestSuites and TestCases.
- Involved in writing the Gradle and ANT scripts to build and deploy the application.
- Used Log4J extensively for logging purposes into the application.
- Involved in wrap-up meetings and in estimating the timeframe for each story and helped in deploying the application on the server for each iteration of the agile software development.
- Involved in weekly code walk through.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Sr. J2EE Developer
- Involved in different phases of the risk management application development like Requirements gathering, Design, and Analysis, Code development Testing, Systems Integration, Installation, and Deployment
- Extensive used different spring framework features including Spring JDBC, Spring AOP and Spring Templates.
- Created process in Eclipse for developing each component of the application.
- Created triggers and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Used queries to get the data from the Oracle database using SQL.
- Developed unit test cases using JUnit and used Jenkins build for project deployment and build process.
- Designed and developed logging components using Apache Log4J to log messages and errors.
- Developed DAOs (Data Access Objects) to access data from the database.
- Created and maintained the configuration of the spring application framework’s IOC container.
- Resolved performance issues and participated in code reviews
Environment: Eclipse 3.6, Java 1.6, Spring 3.1, Tomcat 6.0, Adobe Flex 4.0, Subversion 1.6.8, Windows XP, SQL Server 2008, Putty, WinSCP, Linux, Autosys, Jenkins.
Confidential, Phoenix , AZ
Sr. J2EE Developer
- Used Rational Rose for the Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to represent the detailed design phase.
- Developed the application using the Spring 2.0 Framework.
- Developed a web-based reporting for Credit Monitoring System with HTML, JSTL 1.2, custom tags
- Developed user interface on Jakarta Struts 1.2 Framework using Tiles plug-in, JSF tags and JSP.
- Used Java/J2EE Design patterns like Session Façade and Data Transfer Object (DTO) in the project extensively, which facilitates clean distribution of roles and responsibilities across various layers of processing.
- Developed Struts Action Class which route submittals via Business Delegate to Business appropriate components and render retrieved information.
- Developed Session Beans to perform user authentication (EJB 2.0).
- Used EJB Message Driven Bean for sending and receiving messages (asynchronous) used by applications on different platforms.
- Used Web services for transmission of large blocks of XML data using SOAP.
- Used XML and SOAP with SAX parser to transfer data between applications.
- Used SQL stored procedures with JDBC API for storing, updating user request.
- Used Hibernate 3.0 for Persistence.
- Implemented *.hbm.xml files, for developed POJO, to map objects to relational database.
- Participated in database design using Oracle9i.
- Extensively used ANT as build tool.
- Used IBM WebSphere application server for deploying various components of application.
Confidential, Phoenix , AZ
Sr. J2EE Developer
- OO Analysis and Design using UML including development of Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, State diagrams and implemented these diagrams in Rational Rose.
- Developed the User Interface using Java Server Pages utilizing Custom Tag Libraries and XSLs.
- Implemented MVC Architecture using JSF.
- Developed User Interface using JSF, JSP and Ajax based Design.
- Added Ajax functionality to Java Server Faces using Ajax4Jsf framework.
- Developed custom JSF converters and validators, customized default error messages by creating message resource bundle.
- Extensively used Web Services - WSDL and SOAP for getting the credit card information of third party.
- Designed, developed, and deployed EJB components (Session and Message Driven beans).
- Employed Hibernate (ORM tool) for communicating with database.
- Used Spring Framework to integrate with Hibernate.
- Used MQ Series for insurance claim reports and status information exchange between current and legacy system.
- Involved in design and developing re-usable web services using SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI, XML Schemas, JAXP, and XSL.
- Used the JDBC API for database manipulation
- Used DB2 as the backend database using UNIX as operating system.
- Used AJAX for the asynchronous communication to the server.
- Extensively used Eclipse 3.0 while writing code.
- Deployed business components into BEA Weblogic Application Server and involved in transaction management and security management.
- Involved in writing the ANT scripts to build and deploy the application.
- Used XSL/XSLT for transforming and displaying reports. Developed XML Schemas.
Environment: J2EE 1.4, J2SDK 1.4, Java Script, AJAX,CVS, XML, JAXP, Servlets 2.3, JSP 1.2, EJB 2.0,Spring 2.0, JSF 1.2, JMS1.1, Hibernate2.0,Weblogic Application Server 8.1, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, Rational Rose, DB2 8.2, JUnit3.8.1, UNIX, Eclipse 3.0.
Confidential, Chicago, Illinois
- Involved in different phases of the application development like Requirements gathering, Design, and Analysis and Code development.
- Developed complete Business tier with Stateless, Stateful Session beans and CMP Entity beans with EJB 2.0 standards.
- Designed the CMP fields and CMR fields in CMP entity beans. Wrote EJB-QL queries in ejb-jar.xml file.
- Used Web services (SOAP) for transmission of large blocks of XML data over HTTP.
- Extensively worked on XML parsers (SAX/DOM).
- Used XSL/XSLT for transforming common XML format into internal XML format.
- Apache Ant was used for the entire build process.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle 8i database as backend.
- Designed and developed Application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- Developed Struts Action classes using Struts controller component.
- Used CVS for version controlling and JUnit for unit testing.
- Deployed the application on WebLogic Application server.