Senior J2EE Developer with 7+ years of experience in software design and development of various client - server based applications using Java and J2EE technologies.
- Good Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Extensive experience working in Spring 2.5/3.0 framework, Struts 1.0/1.1/2.x framework, O/R Mapping Hibernate 3.x framework and web services (SOAP and Restful)
- Experience with working on various IDE’s like Eclipse, Net beans, WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) and RAD.
- Strong knowledge in J2EE Design patterns (Singleton Factory Method, DAO, Session Facade, Front Controller and Delegate Pattern) and core java concepts (Collections, Multithreading, Exception handling, Serialization)
- Database experience includes Oracle 10g/9i/8i, SQL query optimization, PL/SQL, Java stored procedures and JDBC 3.0
- Expertise in using application servers such as Web Logic 10.3/9.2/8.1 , WebSphere 6.0/5.x and web server Apache Tomcat 5.x
- Experienced with XML related technologies such as XML, DTD, Schema, DOM and SAX (JAXP) technologies
- Good Knowledge in identifying actors, use cases and representing UML diagrams.
- Working knowledge of Java Web Services and SOA Architecture with real time knowledge using SOAP, WSDL and UDDI
- Ability to support applications in production.
CHRONOLOGICAL SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE:
Senior J2EE Developer
Confidential, Salt Lake City, UTResponsibilities:
- Worked on Eclipse during development to have MVC architecture for application development so that the developed application has a separate paradigm for design layer, presentation layer and control layer.
- Integrated Struts (MVC architecture), Tag Libraries and created interactive form-based applications. Where these tags are used for displaying error messages in dealing with nested ActionForm beans.
- Designed and implemented the Struts JDBC Template wrapper and Hibernate Domain Model for the services.
- Wrote and used Java Bean classes, JSP and Stored Procedures and also JSP custom tags in the web tier to dynamically generate web pages
- Used Hibernate ORM to integrate the business application with Oracle Database and hibernate template is used to implement the business logic.
- Implemented IBM Clear case as source control tool.
- Build ANT Script for the application and used Log4J for debugging and made the code a bug free application.
- Written JUNIT test cases for testing UI Framework classes
- Participated in Unit testing and functionality testing for tracking errors and debugging the code.
- Involved in Unit, Integration, Pre-Production testing and involved in Client Acceptance Tests and Approvals.
Senior J2EE Developer
Confidential, Reading, PAResponsibilities:
- Project was developed and implemented in agile development environment.
- Involved in design, implementation and testing.
- Used Rational Rose for Use case diagrams, Activity flow diagrams, Class diagrams and Object diagrams in the design phase.
- Updated CSS layout to reflect the new changes as per the addition of new components.
- Implemented Spring Business objects (BO), Data Access Objects (DAO) and Data Transfer Objects (DTO).
- Implemented spring transaction management for some database transactions.
- Designed front-end components using JSF.
- Used Spring Dependency Injection feature for Bean wiring.
- Developed the multi-threaded Business Layer using Hibernate.
- Creating Hibernate POJOs, Hibernate mapping files for all database tables.
- Hibernate Stored Procedures are used for Relational mapping.
- Used SOAP for implementing Web Services.
- Written Database objects like Triggers, in SQL.
- Used Maven to build and to deploy the application.
- Used log4j to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions and debug information.
- Developed JUnit test cases for all the developed modules.
Environment: Java 1.6, J2EE, JDK 1.6,EJB, Spring 3.0, Hibernate 3.5, JMS, AJAX, JSF, jQuery, IBM DB2 9.7, SQL, XML, WebSphere 8, WSDL, SOAP, Log4j, Maven, RAD 7, CVS.
Confidential, Cleveland, OHResponsibilities:
- Collaborated with the business and technical teams and took the responsibility to document the functional and technical specifications in the business requirements analysis phase.
- Documented business process-flows using UML in Visio.
- Implemented Struts framework in the presentation tier for all the essential control flow, business level validations and for communicating with the business layer.
- Implemented data validation rules using Struts Validator framework.
- Extensively used Hibernate in data access layer to access and update information in the database.
- Developed the REST web services using Spring IOC to provide user a way to run the job and generate daily status report on loans
- Developed Ant scripts to build and deploy the app on Weblogic Application Server
- Configured Tiles-def.xml file to configure the presentation Views.
- Used Hibernate config.xml file for configurations and mapping entries to access database.
- Used Struts-config.xml file for defining Mapping Definitions and Action Forward Definitions.
- Developed Test cases, Test scenarios & Test scripts for Unit testing and Black box testing.
- Developed Log4j logs to record the application events to provide the debugging, monitoring and auditing capabilities to the application.
- Collaborated with test teams, to support System and Integration Testing.
- Troubleshoot and fix systems as part of Production support.
Confidential, Dallas, TXResponsibilities:
- Involved in developing the application using Java/J2EE platform. Implemented the Model View Control (MVC) structure using Struts.
- Responsible to enhance the Portal UI using HTML, Java Script, XML, JSP, Java, CSS as per the requirements and providing the client side Java script validations and Server side Bean Validation Framework
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection.
- Used Hibernate as Persistence framework mapping the ORM objects to table using Hibernate annotations.
- Responsible to write the different service classes and utility API, which will be used across the framework.
- Used Axis to implementing Web Services for integration of different systems.
- Developed Web services component using XML, WSDL, and SOAP with DOM parser to transfer and transform data between applications.
- Exposed various capabilities as Web Services using SOAP/WSDL.
- Used SOAP UI for testing the Web services by sending an SOAP request.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to automate the build process, to perform regular jobs like file transfers between different hosts.
- Used Log4j for the logging the output to the files.
- Used JUnit/Eclipse for the unit testing of various modules.
- Involved in production support, monitoring server and error logs.
Environment: JDK1.6, JSP, Servlets, Spring Framework 2.5, Spring IOC, Spring JDBC, Web Sphere 7.0, Eclipse 3.4.1, Oracle 10g, Struts 1.3, XML, XPath API, UNIX, Web Services, WSDL, SOAP, AJAX, CSS, ANT.
- Used the Model View Controller (MVC) architecture to decouple the business logic and data.
- Used UML and Rational Rose suite for designing the System.
- Used the DAO Pattern and J2EE framework facilitated the integration and deployment of DAO, Servlets, JSP and XML.
- Used the Spring Framework for Customer authentication services.
- Developed and deployed EJB2.0 bean components on JBoss application server and used HTML for static webpage.
- Implemented proprietary login handler for Identity and Access management.
- Configured the deployment descriptors in Hibernate to achieve object relational mapping.
- Used SQL Server 2005 as the back end and wrote SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Provided production support for any unexpected problems in the application
- Extensively used GWT for developing Ajax Applications.
- Performed Integration, unit testing, system testing and stress testing for all the phases of project.
- Used CVS for version control and Log4j for logging.
- Developed and execute unit tests and test suites for product components using JUnit Testing
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development phase of the application.
- Created Class, Activity, and Sequence Diagrams using IBM Rational Rose modeling tool.
- Developed the presentation layer using JSP and Servlets.
- Used Spring Core for middle tier development to achieve inversion of control.
- Developed Message Driven Beans for send asynchronous notification messages.
- Designed and developed numerous Session Beans and deployed on WebSphere Application Server using AJAX.
- Used JMS for sending asynchronous data between the different session beans.
- Wrote stored procedures, complex queries using PL/SQL to extract data from the database, delete data and reload data on Oracle9i DB using the Toad tool.
- Wrote Test Cases for Unit Testing using JUnit.
- Involved in testing the complete flow of the modules.
- Used CVS for version control.
Environment: JSP, Servlets, Spring Core, EJB, JMS, Spring 2.0, AJAX, Oracle 9i, XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS, WebSphere v5, UML, RAD, TOAD, PL/SQL, JUnit, Apache Tomcat.