OBJECTIVE Seeking a challenging position in the field of Software Engineering with interest in software development and testing
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- (310-055) SCJP Sun Certified Java Programmer
- (70-536) TS: Microsoft .NET Framework-Application
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, .NET, VBA, Exposure to Python, Lisp, Prolog Web Technologies:XML, HTML, XSD, XSLT, Cold Fusion, Java Script, CSS Java:EJB 3.0, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, JMS, Java Beans .NET:C#.NET, Exposure to ASP.NET, VB.NET Databases:Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 Microsoft Access IDE's:Eclipse, NetBeans,Eclipse and 2008 Software Applications: Microsoft SharePoint 2007(MOSS), Adobe Contribute, Subversion, Dreamweaver
Geospatial Software Developer-Confidential, Chantilly, VA July 2009 -present Project Title: Grain Storage Bin (GSB) Description: This application allows our client US Dept of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Service Agency (FSA) Field Office personnel to create, modify, and view grain storage bins and their associated attributes in the ArcGIS environment and able to geospatially identify GSB points as well as export the necessary forms based on the data that was input Responsibilities
- Worked independently to maintain and enhance this application which is used in about 2300 county offices
- Created a Tool using JAVA and ArcObjects API to geospatially search and Update and delete GSB's
- Designed and Created custom Windows forms which are used to process farmers loan based on the GSB farmer owns
Environment: Windows, SQLServer 2005, JAVA, Eclipse, ArcGIS 9.2, Arc Objects
Project Title: FSA Map Series Description: This application allows our client US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the creation and bulk production of map series via Tract/Farm for acreage reporting via the GIS Specialists in each State Office. These map series are multi page documents that can be exported to pdf or jpeg. Responsibilities
- Was part of a team of 2 to maintain and enhance this application using .NET
Environment: Windows, SQLServer 2005, .NET, Visual Studio 2005, ArcGIS 9.2, ArcObjects
Project Title: Common Land Unit Maintenance Responsibilities
- Worked in a team for fixing any bugs related to this application and releasing of the patches regularly for every 3 months
Environment: Windows, SQLServer 2005, .NET, Visual Studio 2005, ArcGIS 9.2, Arc Objects
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Confidential, Fairfax, VA,Sept 2008-May 2009
- Teach Students various concepts related to JAVA/J2EE programming.
- Developed new programming assignments for students. Debug their code and teach techniques.
Web Developer Intern-Confidential, Reston, VA, June 2008-Aug 2008 Responsibilities
- Worked independently to upgrade Microsoft SharePoint 3.0 to SharePoint 2007.Configured all the features in SharePoint 2007 and customized it using SharePoint Designer.
System Administrator-Confidential-GMU, Fairfax, VA, Aug 2007-June 2008
- Installation of Windows and Linux Operating system on workstations( Desktop and Laptops), performing regular system/software upgrade, Domain Maintenance, configuration of Routers, providing technical support and trouble shooting on technical challenges encountered by the end-users
Project Developer -Confidential, Hyderabad, India, Aug 2006-July 2007 Project Title: Hospital Billing System Description: This system was responsible for notifying patients of bills, accepting payments online, submitting claims to insurance companies and tracking status, creating reports to track various financial aspects of the hospitals billing Responsibilities
- Worked with a Team of 5 members to gather requirements from the client and developed Use Cases and UML for Hospital Billing System.
- Designed application to implement Struts MVC Architecture for front end with JAVA EJBs at the back end.
- Developed JAVA EJB Components, both Entity and Session beans for modeling the business logic and developed UI using JSP
ACADEMIC PROJECTS Car Rental Application, Confidential, September 2008
- Built a Car Rental application allowing customers to search reserve and rent cars at different locations.
- Developed JAVA EJB 3.0 Components, both Entity and Session beans and used JAVA Persistence API- for modeling the business logic; utilized JMS to publish to a topic when a new car was added to the database. Message Driven Beans were developed to receive message from the topic
- Developed User Interface using JSP. Also, created SOAP based web services for the application
Online Photo Album, Confidential, January 2008
- Built online photo album allowing users to store, view and organize their photographs online.
- Modeled business logic using Servlets; Implemented functionality to edit the photo information.
- Developed entire application in JAVA J2EE MVC architecture also had features like Session management