- An information technology professional with over 34 years’ experience, I am familiar with IBM mainframe, VMS, PC environments and client/server and cloud computing.
- During my career I have designed many applications and systems. I have worked with a variety of users to define their requirements for information systems.
- I then turned these requirements into successful implementations of software which met the users’ expectations as well as keeping within the budget for the project.
- Some of the applications I have designed are in accounting, payroll, accounts receivable, billing, engineering, materials management, stockholder records, demographic information, and general customer service.
- These applications were in both the mainframe and client/server environments.
- Many times I was not only the lead designer, but the project manager as well.
- These applications served everything from departmental users to large multi - site customer service centers.
Client/Sever environments Languages: Java (J2EE) XML (XML Spy)
Products: ICAN, HTTP, SOAP, Oracle Fusion, Oracle database
Environment: s: SOA - Apache, Tuxedo, PC
Languages: Some Visual Basic
Products: Word, VISIO, Excel, Access, Powerpoint Some dbase, Lotus 123, Lotus Notes, Excel, Access
Project Manager: Confidential s Together architecture design
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows (all versions), Mainframe
Languages: IBM Assembler, COBOL, RPGII, PLI, FORTRAN, EXTRACTO/Ultim (similar to Easytrieve)
Products: CICS, VSAM, Some DB2
Operating systems: VSE, VM, MVS, DEC ( Confidential, HP)
Languages: COBOL, SQL
Products: Rdb, ACMS, Decforms, DCL
Operating Systems: Open VMS under both VAX and Alpha
- At Confidential, responsible for documenting current systems to determine how the new system can meet stakeholder requirements.
- To better understand solution and design approach, reviewed existing Java codebase.
- Led Confidential developers building J2EE code in support of Confidential implementation.Responsible for reviewing code and ensuring that design documentation was followed.
- Worked with Project Managers to develop and modify project plans, as well as address blocking issues.
- For Confidential, selected as an initial member of their Enterprise Architecture group.
- Created high level design documents for major enterprise wide-projects, including COTS integration.
- These included projects that encrypted all sensitive data for Confidential and integrated a large telco partner using the Confidential ’ product ASMM.
- Became very familiar with SOA that Confidential deployed, using ICAN, Oracle Fusion and Oracle database systems (11g).
- For Confidential, utilized Confidential ’s Together Architect to create high-level design diagrams for the application designs. Some designs also included low-level detail.
- For Confidential, responsible for leading architecture and design of the next generation customer care and billing system utilizing Business Designer, Java/J2EE designs.
- Performed business analysis and trouble shooting for Confidential ’s Confidential project group.
- Supported Confidential ’s helpdesk - performing code analysis and solution support utilizing COBOL, J2EE.
- Technical troubleshooting of enterprise systems.
- As Confidential, took contracts working with different companies.
- Performed Year 2000 analysis work and programming.
- Also responsible for performing business analysis for new applications.
- Spent two years under contract to Confidential to assist in trouble shooting their customer service and billing information systems utilizing COBOL and J2EE.
- Lead analyst for DBS Systems main product - the Satellite Television Subscriber Transaction Management System.
- This project was done in a joint arrangement with Digital Equipment Corporation.
- Digital managed the overall project while DBS provided the system design experience.
- Responsible for significant design of this very large database application using DEC’s RDB along with ACMS and Decforms in a client/server environment.
- The application is currently used by over 2000 users in five main sites as well as many dial-in users spread across the country by a well known satellite television provider.
- Network Computing is a software services company whose main focus is on the utility industry. Additionally, they now offer billing and subscriber management for companies that package and sells satellite television services.
- Quickly became the lead conversion analyst, defining user’s needs for Confidential ’s utility billing system products. Led an on-site conversion at the Confidential, Virginia for their water billing system during my first six months with Confidential . Continued to be involved with billing systems conversions, both obtaining user needs and designing and programming. These included water, electric and natural gas systems as well as related areas.
- Visited many of Confidential ’s customers to facilitate the understanding of their needs and developed better realizations of what we could provide for them to meet those needs, while keeping within a budget. Performed many cost-benefit analyses to help external clients to understand benefits provided by Confidential .
- In July of 1987, promoted to Manager of Online Applications.
- Led a staff of six reporting directly to me and a further staff of 30 to which I gave system design direction. These applications were used by over 100 client sites with approximately 3000 users online at any one time. Continued in this role with Confidential ’s utility billing and related systems.
- During this same time Confidential had signed its first natural gas utility. Selected to define requirements, design the system and manage the entire project.
- In June of 1988, given the responsibility of designing and overseeing the development of a satellite television programming services billing and subscriber management system. This system was used by Confidential ’s electric co-operative customers. This became the basis for a whole new area of revenue for Confidential .
- In September, 1990, Headed up the project to upgrade the satellite billing system to handle C-Band program suppliers. Also headed up the implementation team of the successful installation of the system at two customer sites during the spring of 1991. During 1992, appointed the manager responsible for collecting all the requirements for a new satellite television venture involving a nationally known company.
- Transferred to DBS Systems when DBS bought the project.
- This is a natural gas utility with over 180,000 customers.
- Hired as a programmer in the MIS department. Worked on billing, payroll, finance and stockholder systems.
- Became the MIS user liaison with both finance and payroll and designed many new applications for them.
- This company converted from an IBM/DOS system to an IBM/VM/VSE CICS system. Lead programmer in the conversion effort.