- Over 8 years of experience in the field of IT including four years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem.
- Excellent understanding of Hadoop architecture and its components such as HDFS, JobTracker, TaskTracker, NameNode, DataNode, Resource Manager, Node Manager and MapReduce programming paradigm.
- Implemented in setting up standards and processes for Hadoop based application design and implementation.
- Experience in installation, configuration and deployment of Big Data solutions.
- Hands - on-experience on major components in Hadoop Ecosystem such as Hive, PIG, MapReduce, Sqoop, Flume, HBase, HBase-Hive Integration and good knowledge of Mapper/Reducer/HDFS Framework and YARN
- Experience working with Cassandra and NoSQL database including MongoDB and Hbase.
- Experience in developing NoSQL database by using CRUD, Sharding, Indexing and Replication.
- Experience in developing Pig scripts and Hive Query Language.
- Managing and scheduling batch Jobs on a Hadoop Cluster using Oozie.
- Experience in managing and reviewing Hadoop Log files.
- Used Zookeeper to provide coordination services to the cluster.
- Experienced using Sqoop to import data into HDFS from RDBMS and vice-versa.
- Experience and understanding in Spark and Storm.
- Experience in OLAP and ETL/Data warehousing, creating different data models and maintaining Data Marts.
- Sound knowledge of Business Intelligence and Reporting. Preparation of Dashboards using Tableau.
- Expertise in providing business intelligence solution using Informatica and Teradata in data warehousing systems.
- Extensive experience in developing applications using JSP, Servlets, JavaBeans, JDBC, EJB, MVC, Spring, Hibernate.
- Strong knowledge on Hibernate, Hibernate Connection Pooling, HQL, Hibernate Caching, Hibernate Transactions.
- Knowledge in writing Queries, Stored Procedures and Triggers in SQL Server.
- Performed Unit testing using JUnit, Mockito mocking framework.
- Experience in deploying applications using WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat and JBoss Servers.
- Involved in Preparation of High Level Design (HLD) and Low Level Design (LLD), Preparation of Change Requests (CR) and test cases etc.
- Extensive experience in working with IDE like Eclipse, My Eclipse and version control tools such as CVS, SVN, Clear Case, Git.
- Experience with build tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo.
- Experience in requirement analysis, system design, development and testing of various software applications.
- Detailed understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and sound knowledge of project implementation methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Experiences in all phases of the software development lifecycle: Concept, Design, Development, QA, Rollout and Enhancements.
- Strong team building, conflict management, time management and meeting management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership skills.
Big data: Hadoop, Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase, Pig, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, Flume, Mahout, YARN, Storm, Spark, Kafka, Mongo DB, Cassandra.
Hadoop Distributions: Cloudera, Horton works, MapR
Core Skills: Core Java (OOPs and collections), J2EE Framework, JSP, Servlets, Oracle ADF, JSF, Linux Shell Script, JDBC, Scala
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Design Patterns: Singleton, Factory, MVC
Build Tools: ANT, Maven
Browser Scripting: Java script, HTML DOM, DHTML, AJAX, AngularJS
IDE: Eclipse/My Eclipse, JDeveloper
Operating Systems: Red-hat Linux, Windows, Linux, UNIX
Sr.Hadoop DeveloperConfidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop.
- Responsible for cluster maintenance, adding and removing cluster nodes, cluster monitoring and troubleshooting, managing and reviewing data backups and Hadoop log files.
- Continuous monitoring and managing the Hadoop cluster through Cloudera Manager.
- Upgrading the Hadoop Cluster from CDH3 to CDH4, setting up High availability Cluster and integrating HIVE with existing applications.
- Worked on Big Data Integration and Analytics based on Hadoop, SOLR, Spark, Kafka, Storm and web Methods technologies.
- Analyzed the data by performing Hive queries and running Pig scripts to know user behavior.
- Installed Oozie workflow engine to run multiple Hive and Pig jobs.
- Handled importing of data from various data sources, performed transformations using Hive, MapReduce, loaded data into HDFS and extracted data from Teradata into HDFS using Sqoop.
- Worked extensively with Sqoop for importing metadata from Oracle.
- Configured Sqoop and developed scripts to extract data from MySQL into HDFS.
- Hands-on experience with productionizing Hadoop applications like administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging and performance tuning.
- Created Hbase tables to store various data formats of PII data coming from different portfolios.
- Cluster co-ordination services through Zookeeper .
- Worked on installing and configuring EC2 instances on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for establishing clusters on cloud.
- Populated HDFS and Cassandra with huge amounts of data using Apache Kafka.
- Monitoring YARN applications. Troubleshoot and resolve cluster related system problems.
- Comparing the Cassandra and Hbase NoSQL databases
- Helped with the sizing and performance tuning of the Cassandra cluster.
- Involved in the process of Cassandra data modelling and building efficient data structures.
- Installed and configured Hive and also written Hive UDFs in java and python.
- Responsible for architecting Hadoop clusters.
- Assist with the addition of Hadoop processing to the IT infrastructure.
Environment: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, Java, SQL, Cloudera Manager, Spark, AWS, Cassandra, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Zookeeper, Storm, Teradata, PL/SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Elastic Search, Windows, Horton works, Oozie, Hbase.
Hadoop DeveloperConfidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Evaluated suitability of Hadoop and its ecosystem to the above project and implemented various proof of concept (POC) applications to eventually adopt them to benefit from the Big Data Hadoop initiative.
- Written the Map Reduce programs, Hive UDFs in Java where the functionality is too complex.
- Involved in loading data from LINUX file system to HDFS
- Develop HIVE queries for the analysis, to categorize different items.
- Designing and creating Hive external tables using shared meta-store instead of derby with partitioning, dynamic partitioning and buckets.
- Given POC of FLUME to handle the real time log processing for attribution rep
- Exported the resulted sentiment analysis data to Tableau for creating dashboards.
- Used Map Reduce JUnit for unit testing.
- Monitored System health and logs and respond accordingly to any warning or failure conditions.
- Installed and configured Hadoop MapReduce and HDFS.
- Acquired good understanding and experience of No SQL databases such as HBase and Cassandra.
- Installed and configured Hive and also implemented various business requirements by writing HIVE UDFs.
- Responsible to manage the test data coming from different sources.
- Involved in scheduling Oozie workflow engine to run multiple Hive and pig jobs.
- Created and maintained Technical documentation for launching Hadoop Clusters and for executing Hive queries and Pig Scripts.
- Involved unit testing, interface testing, system testing and user acceptance testing of the workflow tool.
Environment: Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Map Reduce, Java, Flume, Cloudera, Oozie, MySQL, UNIX, Core Java.
Sr.Java DeveloperConfidential, Dallas, TX
- Designed and developed the application using Agile methodology.
- Implementation of new module development, new change requirement, fixes the code. Defect fixing for defects identified in pre-production environments and production environment.
- Wrote technical design document with class, sequence, and activity diagrams in each use case.
- Involved in developing XML compilers using XQuery.
- Developed the Application using Spring MVC Framework by implementing Controller, Service classes.
- Involved in writing Spring Configuration XML file that contains declarations and other dependent objects declaration.
- Used Hibernate for persistence framework, involved in creating DAO's and used Hibernate for ORM mapping.
- Written Java classes to test UI and Web services through JUnit.
- Used SVN for version control. Log4J was used to log both User Interface and Domain Level Messages.
- Used Soap UI for testing the Web services.
- Use of MAVEN for dependency management and structure of the project.
- Create the deployment document on various environments such as Test, QC, and UAT.
- Explored Spring MVC, Spring IOC, Spring AOP, Hibernate in creating the POC.
Java /J2EE DeveloperConfidential
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE design utilizing Spring framework and JDBC.
- System was built using Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
- Designed the front end using HTML, CSS, Java Script, JSP, jQuery.
- Designed and implemented the application using Spring MVC, JDBC, MYSQL.
- Used SVN version control tool.
- Automated the build process by writing Maven build scripts
- Wrote SQL queries, stored procedures, modifications to existing database structure as required for addition of new features using MySQL database
- Involved in installing and configuring Eclipse for development
- Configured and customized logs using Log4J and unit testing using Junit.
- Developed JUnitTest cases and performed application testing for QC team.
- Participated in weekly project meetings, updates and Provided Estimates for the assigned Task.
- Extensively involved in product development with Core Java .
- Analysis and documentation of this feature, iterative method incorporated.
- IBM rational rose tool used in designing SFR.
- Effectively designed and implemented the feature resulting in minimum bugs.
- Worked extensively on concepts like design patterns, UML, OOAD, OOPS.
- Implemented design patterns like singleton, factory.
- Unit testing using JUnit and overall testing.
- Documented Unit test cases and other details in wiki.
- Authored technical details and FAQs for the features (wiki).
- Code optimization, creating a better performing application.
- Performed extensive peer code-review.
Environment: Java, Design Patterns, OOPS/OOAD (UML), XML, Eclipse IDE, Idea IDE, perforce source control, IBM rational rose, Iterative development.