- Experience with Android performance profiling, memory and power management and optimizations.Capable of putting together development stack.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in an Android development environment while maintaining high team productivity.
- Experience bring apps to market with 5 published apps.
- Considerable experience debugging and profiling Android applications, writing unit tests using JUnit and tracking in JIRA.
- Experienced in code merges, builds, deployments, and ensuring Android mobile app stability.
- Able to architect, design, develop and test Android mobile applications from scratch.
- Able to maintain high unit test coverage and continuous integration principles in Android mobile development.
- Keeps the Android development team on track with daily Scrums and Sprint planning, breaking out and assigning tasks.
- Solid background in Android UI, Android SDK, Google Material Design, and architectural and design patterns in Android development such as MVC, MVP, MVVM, dependency injection, Builder, Façade, Abstract Factory, Decorator, Proxy, and more.
- Used and implemented the latest Material Design guidelines, including animations and User Experience optimization.
- Managed the creation of multiple applications targeted to Android wear, SmartTV, and Android Auto devices.
- Setup various accounts of mobile analytics tools: Mixpanel, Flurry, Crashlytics, Answers, Google Analytics.
- Use of native Android and third - party frameworks such as Fabric and Firebase.
- Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
- Proficient with multiple IDEs tailored for Android Development (Android Studio, Eclipse).
- Use of the Android frameworks to load data asynchronously like Loaders and SyncAdapters.
- Used Android frameworks and APIs to efficiently load data and update databases: Loaders, AsyncTaskLoader and SyncAdapters.
- Adept in using public online version Control platforms such as SVN and GitHub.
- Use of various third-party in Android mobile app development (Jersey Library, open source libraries, Java Swing, Ajax Swing, GWT, Retrolambda, NineOldAndroids, RxJava).
Android Misc: Android Emulator, BitBucket, Eclipse, Android Studio, IntelliJ, NetBeans, Retrofit, Jenkins, RxJava,, Volley, Firebase, GSON, JobScheduler, JUnit, Espresso, EventBus, LeakCanary, Loaders, MVP, Android Studio, Bluetooth Low Energy, Glide, Git, Push Notifications, Google Cloud Messaging, Dagger, Dependency Injection, JIRA, Material Design, Eclipse, Android Native Development Kit (NDK). Visual Studio
Competencies: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Templates, algorithms and data structures, Architecture & Design Patterns, JAXB XML, UML Star, Proto.Io, Prototyping, MVC design pattern. MVP
Database Technologies: Firebase, SQLite, MySQL, Oracle 10g-11g, DB2
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall. XP Extreme, KanBan
Web Services: REST, SOAP, JSON, XML, AJAX, RESTful APIs, DOM,, WSDL
Operating Systems: AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Web Servers: Tomcat, IIS, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic.
Multimedia: Picasso, Glide, Fresco
Quality: TDD, Unit Testing, Automated Testing, JIRA, JUnit, Jenkins, Written Test Cases, Android Testing(Robotium), Junit, Espresso, Robolectric, DDMS tool, ADB, LeakCanary, Mockito
Libraries: Ksoap2 library, Jersey Library, pen source libraries,, Java Swing,Ajax Swing, GWT, Retrolambda, NineOldAndroids, RxJava
Android OS: Android 1.6. Donut, Android 2.1. Eclair, Android 2.2. Froyo, Android 2.3. Gingerbread, Android 3.0. Honeycomb, Android 4.0. Ice Cream Sandwich, Android 4.1. Jelly Bean, Android 4.4. KitKat, Lollipop 5.1.1, Marshmallow 6.0.1, Nougat 7.1.1
Tools /Software: Toad, SQL Developer, Informatica, MySQL Workbench, Eclipes, NetBeans, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Visio, etc.
Senior Android Mobile App Developer
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Worked in accord with the visual standards team to make certain the mobile application complies with system UI/UX standards.
- Trained and mentored new team members on the team in coding best practices, like memory management, network consumption.
- Worked with Broadcast Receivers to receive system notification which was later used to send out reminders.
- Maintained high unit test coverage and continuous integration principles.
- Configured manual and generated content providers using Schematic.
- Experience building high volume consuming facing applications at massive scale.
- Used Picasso to improve the image rendering on the Recycler Views.
- Consumed Restful Web service in JSON strings.
- Prioritize the technical architecture and technical debt of the Android app.
- Programmed the locale to support different languages.
- Implementation of different user interface components such as WebView, ImageView, TextView and ListView to display the data for the application.
- Contributed to the technical documentation for multiple corporate applications.
- Integrated Flurry for user analytics.
- Generated the application with a Model View Presenter architectural design pattern to help with the modularity and maintainability.
- Built and maintained common code libraries used in phones, tablets, TVs, smart watches and automobiles.
- Configured the Mobile Back-End services using a Firebase instance building the database and setting the code cloud.
- Created Lazy Lists for loading the images from the web & store them into the cache of the application.
- Used AGILE process programming with 2-week sprint cycles.
- Incorporated Push Notification with MixPanel for sending messages to the users.
- Provided support for users with the use of the software.
- Effective Project Management executed using Daily SCRUMS.
- Built Activities using compound and customized views
- Experience with image manipulation and animation, including techniques like alpha blending.
- Designed the UI layout with Balsamiq Mockups wireframe tool for the apps look and feel
Android Mobile Developer
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Used ProGuard to shrink, optimize, and obfuscate the code.
- Expertise or familiarity with well-designed user interfaces.
- Managed code review sessions to always have high quality (reusable, simple, documented) code.
- Responsible for the design of multiple layouts in different physical devices.
- Used enhancement for multi-device compatibility.
- Displayed images using the Picasso library.
- Mentored a Junior Android developer on software development best practices.
- Implemented Loaders and AsyncTaskLoaders to perform the data loading in the User Interface.
- Conducted interviews and meetings with stakeholders, users, and the technical team.
- Work effectively with UI designers who are obsessive about pixel perfection.
- Introduced the Google Maps API integration with the application.
- Participated in all stages of software development including defining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release, and support.
- Implemented RESTful call to receive JSON based response and parsed to display data to the user.
- Guide the integration into dozens of APIs successfully with highly performant/critical integrations.
- Configured Git and Bitbucket servers as the software version control tools.
- Used Google Maps API and Google Location server to ping the coordinates of the user and get feedback with the application.
- Used Hudson server for continuous integration al ong with Git for version control.
- Used GCM to allow the users to send notification to the users about their favorites subjects
- Assisted programmers on work with internal enterprise software.
- Avoid memory leaks and ANR using Leak Canary and memory monitor tools
- Turned technical specs into Android multi-panel Activities created using Fragments for better form factor adaptability.
- Wrote technical documentation about the application development process.
- Joined a team of ten Android Java developers.
- Implemented an MVP UI pattern as the basic layer architecture of the app
Android Mobile Developer
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Free app featuring over 500,000 healthy recipes from Confidential
- Search by ingredient, course, dietary needs, occasion, and more
- See nutritional and calorie information for every recipe before you make it
- Watch video demonstrations for recipes and cooking techniques
- Share pictures of healthy meals, fitness progress, or any other positive moments you want to put out into the world.
- Fine-tune your photos with 14 custom filters and editing tools.
- Discover, follow and get to know like-minded people based and get instant inspiration, feedback and ideas for your own healthy journey.
- Automatically integrate pep with your SparkPeople account so the photos you share on pep will save to your SparkPage and Friend Feed.
- Worked with an internal QA team on system, performance, and acceptance testing.
- Utilized Android Studio as the IDE in development.
- Tested the user interface implementing Espresso.
- Detected new improvement opportunities and implemented them using Volley Library and persistent data.
- Worked with NineOldAndroids library to include rotation, translation, alpha, and scale animation.
- Retrofitted four legacy list views to the new RecyclerView / CardView combination, obtaining all the performance benefits.
- Attended daily SCRUM meetings to track app development progress.
- Developed Unit Test and Stress test cases with JUnit.
- Peer reviewed code using Agile Software development.
- Went through a proof of concept with the new Google Chromecast SDK (v2).
- Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
- Independently developed and expanded native mobile applications for Android platforms according to specifications handled by a design team or the clients.
- Participated in planning meetings for the app and the overall system
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Created Material Design layouts with different animations optimized for the ultimate User Experience.
- Identification of issues during the test cycles.
- Implemented early versions of the Floating Action Button with the usage of third party libraries.
- Worked with SQLite to cache structured data from the cloud, improving overall app performance.
- Designed Widgets for keeping track of tasks and reporting object completed updating your stats.
- Integrated AppsFlyer to track application campaigns and app metrics.
- Introduced Parcelables for object transfers within activities.
- Stored data in SQLite and with a Content Provider security layer.
Freelance Developer, New York, NY
- Designing custom templates and editing existing templates for Joomla and Wordpress CMS
- Developing web application using LAMP/ WAMP service.
- Search Engine Optimization and website testing for cross platform compatibility
- Content management and editing, installing upgrades/updates for several client websites
- Web designing using Photoshop and different web developing tools.
- Designing of wide variety of print media for promotion/publication purposes
- Designed and managed printing of flyers, posters, banners, book covers, cards, print ads, etc
- Hands on experience working with various aspects of designing: composition, typesetting, lettering, layout, and color of printing and graphic reproduction techniques