- J2EE Consultant having over 8 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Client/Server, Distributed, Internet and E - Commerce Applications using Object Oriented and RDBMS Concepts. Over 2 years of experience using WebSphere Commerce Server 7.0. Over 2 years of experience in visualizations using Space Time Insight (STI).
- Extensive experience in development and deployment of J2EE components for building n-tier distributed enterprise applications.
- Experience in multi-threading
- Strong expertise in development and deployment of web components that include Servlets 2.2/2.3/2.4, JSP 1.1/1.2/2.0 and business layer components that include EJB 2.0/2.1/3.0, Web Services, RMI, and JDBC 2.0/3.0,JNDI, JMS, LDAP, IBM MQ Series.
- Experience in using Software development methodologies such as Agile, SDLC, RUP, and OOAD
- Expertise in Application development using various frameworks such as Jakarta Struts Framework 1.2/1.3, Java Server Faces, Oracle Application Development Framework, Google Guice 2.0, Spring Framework 1.2/1.3/2.0, Spring MVC, Hibernate 3.0 ORM with GUI plug-ins like Tiles Framework, validation plug-ins like Validator Framework and security modules like Acegi for spring.
- Extensive experience in design, development and deployment of ETL components in DATA WAREHOUSING; ETL tools MS SSIS, Experience working with the PI System and extracting PI data.
- Experience working with analytics tools using R Analytics and STI analytics tools.
- Expertise in implementing Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) with XML based Web Services (SOAP/UDDI/WSDL) and RESTful services.
- Strong database experience in SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 8/9i/10g/11g, PostgreSQL, MS-Access, MySQL, with good programming skills in SQL, T-SQLand PL/SQL.
- Good experience in writing views, Stored Procedures and database triggers with comprehensive knowledge on Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in Oracle Stored Procedures.
- Strong at XML Technologies like DTD, XSL, Schemas, X-Path, DOM, SAX
- Good working knowledge of Ant/Maven for project build/test/deployment, Log4j for error logging and Debugging, Junit for unit and integration testing and XMLSpy for XML validation
- Extensive experience with middle-tier popular J2EE application and web servers like BEA Weblogic 9.x/10.x/11g, WebSphere 5.x/6.x/7.x, Websphere Portal 5.x and Apache Tomcat 5/6/7/8, JBoss 4/5/6, IIS, SIServer
- Experience in modeling applications with UML, Rational Rose and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Experience in using Subversion, Git, CVS, MS TFS and Rational Clearcase for version control.
- Strong experience in using IDEs (Integrated Development Environment) like RAD, Eclipse, Jdeveloper, SIDesigner, MS Visual Studio.
- Experience in working with operating systems like Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX, LINUX, SOLARIS
- Good team player with excellent communication, technical, multi tasking and interpersonal skills. Also having Quick adaptability and systematic approach towards work.
Programming Languages: JDK 1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7 C, C++,Perl
Server Scripting: JSP1.2,2.1, PHP,ASP, ASP.NET
Platforms: Windows 2003 Server and later, AIX 6.1, HP Unix 3000, Sco Unix, Solaris 4.1, Linux Redhat Enterprise Server 6.0,
Version Control: Git 1.7.x, Rational Clearcase, Tortoise SVN, CVS, TFS, PVCS, SCCS
Databases: SQL Server 2000,2005,2008, Oracle 8i,9i,10g, MySQL 4.1,5.0, PostgresSQL, Teradata, DB2.
Database Tools: Toad for SQL Server, Toad for Oracle, Toad for MySQL, Connect/J for MySQL, DB2Connect, Teradata-Connect Assistant,ERWin,Altova Database Spy, T-SQL
ORM Frameworks: Hibernate 22.214.171.124,3.0, 4.3, iBatis, JDO, TopLink
J2EE MVC Frameworks: Struts 1.1,1.2,1.3.8, Struts 2.1, JSF 1.2, Oracle ADF 11g, Spring 2.5 MVC, Spring Web Flow, Guice 2.0
IDEs: RAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ, JBuilder 2005,2006,iRAD, NetBeans, WSAD, JCAP, JDeveloper 126.96.36.199.0 , SIDesigner 5,188.8.131.52,5.2, MS Visual Studio, RStudio
Webservice Specifications: JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAX-RS(RESTful)
Webservice Tools: TCPMon, SOAPUI, HttpMoniter, JCAPS, JCAPS
Webservice Implementations: Axis 1.0,2.0, JWSDP, Jersey, Metro, XFire, CXF
Middleware Technologies: CORBA, EJB 2.1,3.0,JNDI, JAAS
Design Patterns: Session Façade, Business Delegate, Front Controller, Service Locator, Singleton, Observer, DTO, DAO, MVC, Iterator, Factory, Abstract Factory, SDO, Command
UML Tools: Altova UML Spy 2009,2010, MS Visio, Rational Enterprise
HTML Editors: MS Frontpage 2003, Adobe Dreamweaver MX CS4.
Content Management: Documentum
White box Testing (Functional, Load): JUnit 4.9, JwebUnit, HttpUnit, DBUnit, LoadTest, TimedTest
Black box Testing (Functional, Manual, Load): Jmeter, BadBoy, LoadRunner 9.1, Quality Center, WinRunner,QTP.
Ajax Frameworks: Dojo, DWR, GWT, Prototype,EXT-JS
Profiling Tools: Together4J, Jprobe
Batch Scripting: ANT 1.4,1.5,1.6,1.9 Hudson, Maven
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development
Messaging Technologies: JMS, MQ, MDB
Transaction Control: JTA, Hibernate Transactions.
XML Tools: Altova XML Spy
Confidential, Phoenix, Arizona
Application Developer - Java/STI
- Active role in Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance and Support of the application.
- Understanding the Requirements; translating them to technical design/specifications; documentation; planning, estimation, and implementation of tasks.
- Designing/configuring the data and control flow; and interaction of the systems involved to ensure smooth functioning.
- Understanding the PI System, interacting with it to extract data via services.
- Understanding the ESRI ArcGIS, interacting with it to extract data via services.
- Writing queries using PL/SQL and T-SQL for MS SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL databases.
- Installing, configuring and using STI tools like SIDesigner, SIServer for development and deployment.
- Using R analytics tools like R, RStudio, etc. and various R packages to read data from services and analyze it to obtain desired statistical outputs such as summaries or graphs.
- Unit testing and functional testing verify/correct functionalities. Debugging and fixing any issues.
- Configuring and maintaining Ant build scripts for successful builds and deploys on Development, QA as well as Production servers. Using shell scripting in Unix/Linux or scripts for Windows to create / maintain additional or supporting operations. Debugging and troubleshooting failures / issues.
- Managing the code version in the central MS Team Foundation Server (TFS) Repository for code integration and version control.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation such as the Technical Design document (TDD), Architecture and Data flow document, Installation and Deployment document, etc.
- Handling client's future requirements, enhancements and scope changes.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Software Java Developer
- Design, Development, Testing, Maintenance and Production Support of the application; Supporting the team as Build manager.
- Understanding the Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) drafted by the business analysts (BA) and translating such requirements to technical design and technical specifications.
- Writing the technical specifications and creating a technical design to create the Functional Requirement Document (FRD) along with sequence diagrams, flow diagrams, images, etc. where required. Finalizing the design with the BA, Project manager and Technical manager/lead.
- Planning and estimating the tasks involved in implementation. Discussion with the business, team and managers to finalize the same.
- Development, by implementing the tasks using technologies like Java, J2EE, OOP, MVC, Struts, Web services, etc. Understanding the Websphere Commerce Server Application and framework to develop, enhance, and maintain the system as per the business requirements; also using WCS resources like Accelerator, Admin console, etc.
- Participating in and performing Code Reviews for peer development.
- Used manual Testing or tools like SoapUI, Gomez to test the site. Unit testing the code with JUnit or manual testing to verify/ correct functionalities. Debugging the code using tools to ensure that the product features are aligned with technical and functional objectives;
- Using and maintaining the Oracle database with JDBC, SQL, PL/SQL queries to augment development and troubleshooting. Updating the Test or Production database as per requirements.
- Managing the code version in the central Subversion Repository for code integration and version control.
- As the Build Manager for the Team, configuring, maintaining, and executing the Continuous integration using Hudson server. Debugging and troubleshooting failures or other issues.
- Configuring and maintaining Build Automation using Ant and Maven for successful build of local, as well as Hudson builds and deploys to Websphere Application Servers. Using shell scripting with Unix/Linux or scripts for Windows to create / maintain additional or supporting operations.
- Fixing defects as needed during the QA phase or general maintenance, supporting QA testing, identifying the source and troubleshooting defects; investigating code standards and compliance.
Environment: WebSphere Commerce Server 7.0, RAD 7.5, J2EE, JSP 2.0, HTML, Struts, Websphere Application Server 7.0, Oracle 11g, JDBC, SVN, SQL Developer, PL/SQL, XML/XSL, XSD, JAX-B, EJB 2.x,3.x, JUnit 4.x, JQuery, Ant, SOAPUI, WSDL, Log4j, AJAX(Dojo), JMS, Hudson, HP Quality Center, VMware, Windows, Linux, Unix, Gomez 184.108.40.206, Wily, Endeca.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Sr. Java/J2ee Developer
- Understanding and Translating such User Story requirements to technical system specifications based on service oriented architecture (SOA). Writing the technical requirement specifications/ design with sequence diagrams, flow diagrams, etc. Discussing and finalizing the design with the team and Technical Lead.
- Planning and estimating the implementation of the User stories. Planning and estimating tasks involved in implementation. Discussion with the team and finalizing.
- Followed Agile - Scrum methodology for development of the product. Using Rally for Agile scrum project management/update.
- Writing code to implement the tasks using technologies like Java, J2EE; implemented structural layers like Front plane (front-tier), Cross plane (middle tier), Back plane, Point Solution, Data Access, etc.
- Wrote SOAP based web services, dependency injection using Guice;
- Used IDE platforms like Eclipse, JDeveloper to develop effectively.
- Used RESTful, JAXB, JAX-WS web services for implementing business logic.
- Participating in and performing Code Reviews and/or Paired programming of peer development; Code review with Jupiter.
- Creating Data Access objects (DAOs) and Mock services for test data; Making use of JMockit, XML for mocking data/services.
- Used Hibernate and JPA object relational mapping (ORM) for data access.
- Finding and correcting defects manually and with Find Bugs or other debugging tools.
- Development following Test Driven Development (TDD). Writing JUnit test cases to test the functionalities of each implemented method
- Performing code deployments to local JBoss server for testing in Linux environment.
- Used SoapUI to test locally deployed code for functionality. Finding and resolving issues if any.
- Pushing and pulling the code to/from the central Git Repository for code integration and version control. Continuous integration using Hudson on JBoss server - monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Used Maven and Ant for Build Automation; ensuring proper settings, avoiding/solving any errors.
- Developing Front end pages. Used JSF, ADF, XML, CSS to generate dynamic content based on the service requester and their requirements;
- Developing application presentation layer using MVC pattern (ADF framework) which includes modules, and Resource bundles for Internationalization;
- Fixing defects as needed during the QA phase, supporting QA testing, troubleshooting defects and identifying the source of defects;
- Investigating the code compliance with Standards and Style manually and with the help of tools
- Demonstrating the work results for different Sprints and Releases.
- Reporting the status and results including plans, estimates and hours taken, accomplishments; and
- Handling future requirements, enhancements and scope changes.
- Analyzing existing code and documenting relevant parts; involved use of EJB 2.x, 3.x, etc.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Using OOAD Technology classes are designed in UML with the help of Rational Rose tool.
- Created user-friendly GUI interface and Web pages using HTML and DHTML embedded in JSP.
- Written JSP’s, Servlets and deployed them on Websphere Application server.
- Developed and deployed EJB’s (Session and Entity) to implement the business logic and to handle various interactions with the database.
- Used the JNDI for Naming and directory services.
- Involved in debugging the application.
- Implemented the Struts framework.
- Designed and Developed Model Components - Action Form Bean, Controller Components - Action Classes, Action Mapping.
- Used Struts Validation framework for Client side validations and Server side validations.
- Used Hibernate framework for back end development and spring dependency injection for middle layer development.
- Managed Object Persistence, Data retrieval using Hibernate, Spring Framework with Oracle 10g as backend.
- Developed business layer components using enterprise java beans (EJB).
- Used Web Sphere Application server to deliver a new class of enterprise applications that enhance business interactions and transactions between a company and its key constituencies.
- Used Web Sphere Application server to deliver high performance and scalability.
- Written Database objects like Triggers, Stored procedures in SQL.
- Interacted with the users and documented the System.
- Consumed and created Webservices using CXF(JAX-WS) and SOAPUI
- Created interactive web applications for the client side using Dojos
Environment: JDK 1.6, J2EE, JSP 2.0, JDBC 4.0, HTML, EJB 3.1, Servlets, Rational Rose, Web sphere Application server 6.0, Linux, WSAD 5.0, UML, Struts 1.3.8, Hibernate 3.1, JDBC, Spring 2.0, CVS, XML/XSL,XSD, Oracle 10g, Agile, CXF(JAX-WS), SOAPUI, ALtova XML spy, AJAX(Dojo).
Confidential, Peapack, NJ
- Involved in development of business components and design of data access objects and other back end components.
- Used JMS API for asynchronous communication by putting the messages in the Message queue.
- Developed in a Java/J2EE environment and using SQL Server 2005 this application was designed with the open source OSWorkflow workflow engine and commercial ILog JRules business rules management systems at its core. The purpose of each was to provide a base by which business logic could be expressed as workflow.
- Write java/jdbc interface between proprietary keyserver and sybase database.
- Implemented the User Login logic using Spring MVC framework encouraging application architectures based on the Model View Controller design paradigm.
- Designed and created Hibernate persistence classes.
- Generated Hibernate Mapping files and created the data model using mapping files.
- Used JUnit for all Hibernate beans and relevant java classes
- Analyzed the Data and wrote Stored Procedures & Join Queries (Inner Join and Outer Join) for the application with SQL Server 2005
- Used JDBC to access SQL Server database and implemented connection pooling
- Involved in fixing bugs identified by the Findbugs and Fortify.
- Responsibilities include managing build process and CVS management.
- Writing ANT files to manage the code review tools.
- Configured and Coordinated in build, release and deploy process in WebLogic App server using Ant scripts.
- Implemented Checkstyle formatting to format all Java class according to Confidential coding Standards.