- Around 11 years of Strong experience in IT industry involving Project analysis, Design, Development and Maintenance using technologies like Java/J2EE in Banking, Finance and Digital Marketing domain. With good experience in Microservice, Layered and Event based architectures.
- Working as a Solution Architect, Designer, Lead, Developer, Mentor, SCRUM MASTER and Agile Coach wearing multiple hats sometime on need basis.
- Experience in all aspects of project development life cycle - Product Road map, Project planning and estimation, Functional/Technical specification document, Design Document, Unit test plan, System test Plan, Implementation plan, Lead role in all phases involved in SDLC.
- Worked extensively with Business teams, Vendor negotiations, Security and Threat Analysis and also well versed with onshore-offshore model of executing Agile deliverables.
- Good hands on design and coding experience on wide array of technology and tools.
- Expertise on Designing and developing Restful API using Jersey API, JBoss API, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, JSON, XML, Apache Wicket and JSF.
- Experience with Web Sphere Portal V5, V6.0/V6.15, V7.0/V7.02, V8.0, V8.5.5 and having Strong Knowledge.
- Authentication mechanism like Basic Auth, SSL and OAuth2.
- Proficient in developing SOAP Web services, XSL, Schemas, JAXB, XML Beans, WSDL and SOAP.
- Experience in Drupal 7 site development and php.
- Strong expertise in digital areas like Search Engine Optimization(SEO), Digital Asset Management(DAM), Content Management Systems (Drupal, Teamsite), Personalization and Web Analytics (Webtrends, Google Analytics)
- Experience in DevOps practices of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Experience as Agile Coach for SAFe and SCRUM responsible for coaching new teams, assisting co-located teams, training, conflict resolution.
- Proficient in refactoring as well as reviewing code quality using tools like Sonar, PMD, Checkstyle.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Object-Oriented Analysis, Complete System Life Cycle, RUP, UML and associated tools such as Rational Rose.
- Excellent in Object Oriented Programming Concepts and Features, Design Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Data Structure, Functional Programming, Aspect Oriented Programming and Web Services.
- Proficient in cutting edge technology like Spring, Spring Core, Spring DI, Spring MVC, Spring WS, Spring Integration, Spring AOP, JAX-WS, JAXB, Spring-MVC framework, MyBatis, Apache Common, Hibernate, JPA.
- Understands technological trends and communicates and stakeholders effectively with-IT developers
- Management experience with specification changes and business direction to the IT team
- Coordinate the testing cycle with the Business Analyst and Development Teams
- Excellent in communicating at all levels of management with experience in coordinating various client meetings, seminars, presentations and group discussions
- Publishing Data using Message Queues to notify external applications on data change in MDM Hub Base Objects
TECHNICAL SKILLSSun Technologies: J2EE (Java 1.5 - 1.8, Java Multi-threading, EJB 3.0, Servlets 3.0, JSP, JDBC and JMS)
Web Servers: WebSphere 8, WebLogic 12c, Tomcat 7.X, 8.X.
Apache Projects: Log4j, Log4sql, Apache-Axis, Jakarta Commons, Jakarta Taglibs, Apache Wicket
Enterprise IDE: RAD 7.5, Eclipse Helios 3.6, Eclipse 3.X, JBuilder 10.0, WSAD 5.0, RAD 6.0.
RDBMS: Oracle 11g, MySQL.
Cloud: AWS, Pantheon
Microservice Stack: Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Docker and Apigee Microgateway.
Digital: BrightEdge SEO, Bynder (DAM), Mediabin (DAM), Teamsite (CMS), Drupal (CMS), Webtrends, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager.
Messaging Tools: JMS, Spring Integration and MDB.
Business Area: Financial, Insurance, Banking, Network and Communication, Digital.
Editor & Tools: Eclipse, Intellij, SQL Developer.
Management skills: Analytical, Communication, Interpersonal, Leadership skills
Execution Practices: Agile SCRUM, KANBAN, SAFe (Scaled Agile), Waterfall, XP Programming, JIRA
Architecture Frameworks: Bredemeyer, O’reilly
UML Designing Tool: Rational Rose, Magic Draw TopCased Eclipse pluginWeb services: Jersy, JaxWS, Spring Web Service, Restfull Webservice, Apigee API Management.
Framework: Struts1.2, Spring 3.X and 4.X
ORM Tools: Hibernate 3.4, JPA, Mybatis, Spring JDBC Template.
JUNIT Framework: Mockito, Power Mockito
Codehaus: Sonar, Chekstyle and Findbugs
Source Control Management Tools: CVS, SVN, GitHub
Build and Deployment Tool: Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Nexus
Unix Technologies: Shell script, SSH, FTP
PROFESSIONAL EXP ERIENCE
Confidential, Ediosn, NJ
- Responsible for evaluating the current VMS and MSP systems to help created an integrated systems.
- Review the existing product architecture and suggest the new architecture for the integration
- Creating conceptual and logical architecture for the new system
- Evaluate the technology stack and vendor for cloud based SaaS system to be used for the product implementation
- Work with Business team for the final product architecture and get the necessary approval
- Consult with the Agile team and gear them for the implementation.
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Worked extensively to evaluate, participate in demo’s and implement and integrate Digital Marketing tools and platforms like Digital Asset Management(DAM) systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Analytics and Marketing Automation.
- Evaluated and replaced the current Digital Asset Management System (Mediabin) with AWS based SaaS implementation ‘Bynder’.
- Created a Microservice based architecture for a facade layer (Digital Asset Service ) integrating SaaS systems with business platforms like web Servers, CMS and streaming tools.
- Used Kubernetese as the container manager, Docker as container and Apigee microgateway for API management for the microservice architecture
- The Digital Asset Service was initially designed and developed as REST based web application and later as the use-case was widened took a call to break it into multiple microservices.
- After the re-design and architecture, proposed the Kubernetese and Docker based approach with Apigee Micro Gateway acting as the API management tool for the services.
- Designed a JAVA, MQ and Scheduler based integration solution for DAM system with CMS, Web Servers and other Marketing systems
- Used MQ, REST API, OAUTH 2.0, Spring Boot, Spring Integration to design and develop the integration workflow.
- Implemented eXtreme Programming practices of Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Automated Code review using Sonar, Build Breaker, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Create production deployment workflows with standard approval chains.
- Worked on Purge and Retention and compliance requirements for documents and content
- Worked on Google Search Appliance (GSA) to configure the Search functionality
- Experience in evaluating and implementing Google Tag Manager (GTM) used for adding SEO, Marketing and various other tags on the html.
- Evaluated and implemented Google Analytics and Webtrends web analytics tools
- Extensively worked on Security Assessments for the application including the Architecture Risk and Review, Secure Code analysis using HP Fortify, IBM AppScan and Veracode and Application Vulnerability Assessments (AVA)
- Involved in the selection of AWS services to make the cost-effective deployment of the micro-services.
- Worked on implementing the Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) model implementation for Cloud solutions
- Worked on Teamsite and Drupal Content Management Systems to create, integrate content design workflows as required by business.
- Expertise in end to end implementation of Atlissian Tool Suite - Confluence, Git Stash, Bamboo and JIRA
- Initiated the project, established Agile SCRUM team and played multiple roles of Scrum Master, Lead Designer and Senior Developer
- Currently playing a role of Solution Architect, responsible for providing architectural solutions, Scrum decisions and project level security and risk assessments
- Prepare the Technical Design / Specification Documents; Get sign-off from client
- Understanding of the project architecture.
- Technical Design Document
- Technical Specification Document including Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Data Flow Diagram, Integration Components
- Domain Model Design
- Risk Analysis and Review document
- Application Vulnerability and Secure Code Analysis
- Implement WebSphere Portal 8.0 based web platform implementation for www.advisor.principal.com
- Worked on UI frameworks - Apache Wicket and Bootstrap based responsive UI design and development
- Setup Continuous Integration framework using Maven, Bamboo and GitStash integration
- Implemented JUnit and Sonar based code review mechanism tied back to Bamboo build.
- Worked on Spring Portlet MVC implementation for multiple portly implementations on the web app
- Designed and developed Bootstrap based responsive Theme for Portlet applications.
- Design and documentation done in Atlassian Confluence
- Established Production Support practices (L1 and L2 support) for the project.
- Implemented Theme Services using REST web services using Spring Boot and API management tool Apigee .
- Implemented Separation of Concern, Chain of Responsibilities and Factory Design patterns
- Designing and Implementation of OAuth2 specification for REST Authentication using Apigee
- Integrate Web Content Management System ‘Teamsite’ and IBM WCM with the developed portlets
Lead Developer / Solution ArchitectResponsibilities:
- Design and developed various modules for the Drupal 7 platform, including the Contact Us webform, Right rails integrating the header and Footer Themes via REST web services.
- As part of the co-located team, provided technology support to various Business Units implementing their project on the Drupal platform.
- Reviewed and provided the efficient methods of coding in accordance with the Best practices.
- Worked in Agile mode and delivered the quality output within timelines.
- Leading the team of DRUPAL people and helping them in developing the services adhering to the best code quality standard.
- Worked on developing Bootstrap framework based theme for Drupal 7 site
- Worked extensively on developing Web Forms for claim request, Contact Us and query submissions
- Integrated Bamboo, Unit Testing and Continuous Integration practices in Drupal.
- Worked to write custom modules and hooks for Drupal 7 modules
- Involved in the discussion with business and the solution team to break the existing monolithic application CIDB into the micro-services which could be called from Drupal Front End.
- Involved in the designing of API’S which should follow the Restful web services best practices and integrated with Apigee API Management tool.
- Responsible for design and development of IBM Portal based portly implementations using WSP 6.x, 7.x and related technology stack
- Worked as an Onsite Lead and Coordinator for the project, stationed in Confidential NY from 10/2009 to 10/2010 working with Business and Technical stakeholders.
- Was extensively involved in developing the UI/UX components and Theme and Skin for the web site for Confidential North America
- Developed the login and authentication screens for the application using the CAM based authentication and authorization modules
- Established the Production Support (L1 and L2) from offshore office for the application and played the support role for initial phase of the rollout.
- Acted as a SME for eCare, Authentication and Bill pay modules across the entity.
- Integrated Teamsite Content Management System with IBM Portal.
- Worked on Structs 2.0 based portly applications for Account Summary, Bill Pay, eStatements and authentication flow.
- Implemented Spring 3.x MVC and Spring Integration to migrate the Struct based portliest to Spring Portlet framework.
- Integrated SONAR, PMD, Checkstyle and Junit for improving the quality of the code deliverables
- Multiple design patterns implemented - Chain of Responsibility, Factory, Facade and proxy
- Integrated Maven 3.0 based Build workflow which used Teamsite for code deployment and Nexus as artefact repository
- Worked with IBM for performance issues in IBM Portal 7 and RAD and got those resolved after extensive follow ups.
- Designed and developed SOAP Web services for Bill Pay module connecting with third party billers
- Worked on Cross War data sharing, Cache implementations, Cross Portlet communication and data sharing
- Extensively worked on migration of Struct 2.0 based applications to Spring MVC
- Lead the team to migrate WPS 6.0 portal applications to WPS 7.0
- Implemented a secured email service for Account holders with the Beneficial and Mortgage services sites.
- The functionality involved designing an Inbox, for customer to view his sent messages, and Compose a new message and send it to Bank.
- My role was to design the Host communication to Secured Mailing System via MQ.
- Involved in designing a Unix NDM batch which will identify the records in database which have failed comments update in Mainframe during Online Message sending process and updating the Mainframes with the comments.
- The project involves migration of 18 Corporate and Consumer Lending applications to a new datacenter as the current datacenter was being discontinued and had a selloff.
- The project included updating the applications to new App Server and JDK (1.4 to 5.0).
- The content files (350,000 pages) were also migrated to the new web server.
- Formed an AGILE team and successfully completed the movement of all the 18 applications to new servers and datacenter
- Involved and led in Analysis, Design, Implementation, Code Integration and Build Management.
- Responsible for quick trouble shooting of customer problems in Software product.
- Involved in design of REST API which should be in aligned with Richardson Maturity Model.
- Involved in the domain driven design as well as schema designing
- Suggested and implemented solutions in Server security, Server computer migration, Bandwidth optimization, Resolving Network limitation.
- Involved in Low Level Design using UML tools
- Performed unit testing using JUnit framework.
- Developed common reusable Java functionalities to be used across applications.
- Maintained build releases and release plan for every Iteration.
- Worked Java Multi-threading for across applications.
- Provided delivery support, bug fixing and code reviews
- Provided SIT, UAT and Production environment creation support
- Proactively worked with managers and development team to meet project goals within expected timelines