- More than 8 years of IT experience as Java Developer in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) core area such as Analysis, Design, Coding, Implementation, Testing, and Deployment of Object Oriented, Distributed Systems and Web based Enterprise Applications using Java/J2EE technology.
- Excellent in Core Java API, multi - threading, Collections, Swing development, Memory Management and Application utilities.
- Excellent understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies like RAD, RUP, Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
- Have worked in phases on SDLC for gathering requirements, defining the requirements, designing the product, coding and testing the product, deploying and maintenance of the product.
- Good experience in developing UML diagrams like use cases, class diagrams, sequence diagrams etc. using Rational Rose and MS Visio tool.
- Experience in Web Application Development, Client-Server based Enterprise Applications, System Analysis, Technical Design, B2B Implementation, Performance Tuning and Testing.
- Proficient in using various IDE Tools like Eclipse, IBM RAD, Net Beans, SQL Developer, Soap UI.
- Proficient in integration of Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) with existing applications and using services provided in distributed applications through Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS and JAX-RS) and Apache Axis.
- Experience in deployment of java applications and components as services through SOAP, Restful, UDDI and WSDL.
- Extensive experience in developing the SOA middleware based out of Mule ESB.
- Experience in writing test cases in Java environment using Junit.
- Experienced in creating and maintaining Application Integration strategy .
- Hands on experience with version control systems like CVS (Concurrent Version Systems), SVN (Apache Subversion), CLEARCASE and GIT for providing common platform for all the developers.
- Expertise in using Custom Tag Libraries for embedding dynamic code into JSP pages.
- Used persistence frameworks, Hibernate ORM, JPA to map POJOs to a relational database. Have good knowledge of JDBC connectivity.
- Extensive experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers with databases such as Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL and MS SQL Server 2008.
- Having hands on experience in deploying web and JEE enterprise applications on Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, Web Sphere and Glassfish.
- Extensive experience in development, deployment and troubleshooting Web based and enterprise based applications on Windows, UNIX, Linux and Oracle Solaris platforms.
- Expertise in various Java/J2EE design patterns including Data Access Object, Session Façade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, MVC (Model View Controller), Factory and Abstract Factory, Front Controller, Transfer Object and Singleton in the development of Multi-tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Experience in database design and implementation using different RDBMS like Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Oracle 9i, 10g, MySQL, DB2.
- Good knowledge with ticketing tool like Jira.
- Extensive experience of database programming in oracle environment using PL/SQL with tools such as TOAD, SQLPlus, Squirrel.
- Worked on MongoDB which provides the storage for security related information.
- Expertise in HTML, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, AJAX, jQuery, JSTL specification, XML (SAX, DOM), XSL, XSLT, JAXP, JAXB, DTD, Resource Properties, CSV.
- Experience in creating, validating and parsing XML documents.
- Experienced in build tools such as ANT, Maven, Gradle.
- Good knowledge in Banking, Telecom, Financial, HealthCare and Insurance domains.
- Very good knowledge on continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo.
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong technical background.
- Possess strong logical, analytical and problem solving skills with positive attitude.
- Have good knowledge with Adobe Acrobat Reader, PDF forms.
- Good debugging skills - deep diving into technical issues, collaborating with cross-domain experts, handling clients with different priorities and mind sets, both onsite and remote.
- Possess strong communication and Interpersonal skills. Can quickly master and work on new concepts and applications with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, tenacity and an investigative drive to discover the underlying causes of technical problems.
- Strong team player, ability to work independently and in a team as well, ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, commitment towards learning.
Languages: Java, UML, SQL, PL/SQL, C,Groovy
Core Java: Data Structures, Collections, Generics, Serialization, Reflections, Concurrency/Multithreading, RMI, Swing
J2EE Technologies: JSP, JMS, JB, Java Servlets, JDBC
J2EE MVC Frameworks: Struts, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring DAO, Spring AOP, Spring Security JSF
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSL, XSLT, XSD, XHTML, SOAP, WSDL, JSON-parsing, JSON-DTD, Schema Modeling.
ORM Frameworks: Hibernate, JPA, DAO
IDE s: Eclipse, JBuilder, IBM RAD, Net Beans and Intellij
Database: Oracle (8i/9i/10g/11g), DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Design Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose Enterprise.
Version Control Systems: Rational Clear Case 7.0, 7.1, SVN (Apache Sub Version), CVS (Concurrent Versions System), GITHub.
Design Patterns: MVC, Singleton, Factory Pattern, Session Fa ade, Business Delegate, Service Locator, DAO, Front Controller.
Application Servers: Oracle Web logic, IBM Web Sphere, JBoss, Glassfish and Apache Tomcat.
Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson and Bamboo
Logging Tools: Log4j,Slf4j
Build Tools: Maven(3.0/3.1), Ant and Gradle
Web Services: SOAP, Spring REST, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
Design Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development, Rapid Application Development.
Planning: Effort Estimation, Project planning.
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7/8, UNIX, Oracle Solaris, Linux
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Worked in an Agile environment and TDD environment for developing the design solutions for migration of the legacy sites into the new BestBuy.com’s architecture.
- Participated in the Sprint planning meeting along with the product owners.
- Worked in a bi-weekly Sprint and daily scrum to discuss the progress on the stories.
- The application flow is based on the Spring MVC architecture.
- Used the dynamic language Groovy for designing of the services.
- Developed the application Service Oriented Architecture.
- Used Restful Web Services to both consume and produce web services.
- Used ehCache to store the authorization keys generated for email mapping.
- Used Maven as a build tool and developed Maven Scripts to automate the compilation
- Exposure to Akamai’s Edge Side Includes (ESI) fragments which act as a load balancer on the website.
- Wrote Jenkins jobs for image and pdf uploading to Akamai’s net storage and used Jenkins for continuous integration to lower environments.
- Used Spock framework for unit testing.
- Used Git as repository for pushing and pulling the code from.
- Used Slf4j framework for logging purposes.
- Used Splunk as logging tool to debug the logs in production.
- Deployment of WAR files to Apache Tomcat 7.0 Application server.
- Wrote the routing rules for the application using Apache Router in the lower environments.
- Used IntelliJ Idea for the development purposes and JIRA as a ticketing and time tracking tool.
- Worked closely with the operations team who used Amazon Web Services to deploy and host the application in cloud.
- Exposure to NodeJS which was used to render the static components of the website.
Environment: Groovy 2.0.6,Spring 3.0,RESTFul web services, Apache Tomcat 7.0Application Server, NodeJs,Jenkins,AWS,ehCache,Memcache,Akamai,Slf4j,Git,NetStorage,Spock,Jira,Maven.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Used Agile environment for designing and coding application environment, used the Test Driven Development (TDD) which includes bi-weekly sprint and daily scrum to discuss the design and work progress
- For the management of application flow we used Spring MVC(by developing configurable Handler Mappings, View Resolver).
- Used Spring dependency injection to inject all the required dependency in application.
- Implemented Hibernate in the Data Access Object layer to access and update information in the Oracle10g Database
- Developed Graphical User Interfaces using UI frameworks Angular JS and WebPages using HTML, CSS and JSP’s for user interaction.
- Implemented dynamic page elements and form error validations using Angular JS directives.
- Used Maven as a build tool and developed Maven Scripts to automate the compilation.
- Developed screens, Controller classes, Business services and DAO layer.
- Developed the Business Logic using Plain Old Java Objects (POJOs)
- Created set of classes using DAO pattern to decouple the business logic and data.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Multi Threading, Exception Handling, Collection API's to implement various features and enhancements.
- Interfaced with the Oracle 10g back-end database using Hibernate Framework and XML config files.
- Wrote test cases in JUnit for unit testing of classes.
- Consumed Web Services for transferring data between different applications.
- Used JAX-WS SOAP Web services to retrieve credit history of the applicants.
- Involved in coding, maintaining, and administering Servlets, and JSP components.
- Deployment of .ear files in Apache Tomcat 6.0 application servers and Weblogic Application server.
- Set up continuous integration process for application using Jenkins.
- Used Eclipse3.0 IDE for developing code modules in the development environment.
- Implemented the logging mechanism using Log4j framework
- Used SVN version control to track and maintain the different version of the application.
- Wrote PL/SQL queries, Stored Procedures, and triggers to perform back-end database operations.
- Mentored few people in team and have reviewed design, code and test cases written by them.
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Have worked in Agile methodology environment including Acceptance Test Driven Design (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Involved in gathering system requirements for the application and worked with the business team to review the requirements, and went through the Software Requirement Specification document and Architecture document.
- Involved in designing UML Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Connected applications together and enabled them to exchange data using Mule ESB.
- Used Java Swings to develop wizards for internationalization purpose.
- Created Functional specification documents (FSD) and JSON contracts.
- Implemented backend process for sending the data through FTP.
- Used JMS-MQ Bridge to send messages securely, reliably and asynchronously to Web Sphere MQ, which connects to the legacy systems.
- Developed the application using Spring Framework that uses Model View Controller (MVC) architecture with JSP as the view.
- Involved in injecting dependencies into code using spring core module.
- Developed presentation layer using JSP, HTML and CSS.
- Used collections extensively to store, retrieve and manipulate objects in the business logic layer.
- Extensively worked with XML schema(XSD), XSL/XSLT, XML to navigate in XML documents, and SAX to process and parse xml files
- Developed JSP custom tags for front end.
- Written Java script code for Input Validation.
- Extensively used Spring IOC for Dependency Injection.
- Developed J2EE components on Eclipse IDE.
- Used RESTful web services with JSON.
- Used Apache CXF open source tool to generate java stubs form WSDL.
- Used Oracle10g database for tables creation and involved in writing NoSQL queries using Joins and Stored Procedures.
- Used Hibernate for Object-Relational Mapping and for database operations in Oracle database.
- Worked on Mongo DB for storing security related information.
- Developed Action classes and DAO classes to access the database.
- Developed several POJO class to map table data into Java Object.
- Used tortoise SVN tool to keep track of all work and all changes in source code.
- Developed MAVEN script to build .war and .ear files for the application.
- Used JUnit for testing the application.
- Used Apache Tomcat to service WSDL requests.
- Deployed the applications on Web sphere Application Server.
Confidential, San Antanio, TX
- Gathered Business Requirements and meeting different users for developing the application.
- Developed Web Services for saving and updating order details, including some other common services which include Protocol Services etc.
- Mapped and managed Object/table relationships in Hibernate.
- Defined and developed the User interface screens and the corresponding Java artifacts using spring.
- Presentation tier was developed using JSP, JSTL, Java Script, HTML and CSS.
- Performed Client side validations using Java script.
- Implemented various useful design patterns including Singleton and Data Access objects etc.
- Implemented business logic using Servlets.
- Implemented Tag handler classes using Custom Tags.
- Developed Restful Web Services.
- Message flows for routing and transformation of the web services requests.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to interact with the DB.
- Utilized Tomcat Application Server environment to implement business logic.
- Performed Unit testing and prepared new test case documents.
Environment: Java, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Java Script, Hibernate, JBoss application Server 5.1.0 GA, Oracle, Web Services, Restful Web Services, XML, and UNIX
- Involved in communication with the clients to get the appropriate requirements
- Involved in the preparation of prototype and demos of the project and presented before the client.
- Admin application is designed using Seam, RichFaces.
- Worked on WebServices using Apache CXF and SOAP UI where we consumed the telecom IN systems.
- Exposing web services from standalone Java application.
- Integration with Telecom IN systems for customer loyalty points, Pinless Top up.
- Written SQL queries to pull some information from the Backend.
- Used MAVEN tool for creating and deploying the files.
- Involved in Development, enhancements and bug fixes in the application.
Environment: Eclipse 3.4, JDK 1.6, EJB 3.0, XML, XSLT, Spring 3.1, RichFaces, XHTML, Seam, JBoss Application Server 4.2.2GA, Hibernate 3.0, ANT, Maven, JPA, JUnit, log4j, Slf4j, Apache CXF, SOAP UI.
- Participated in gathering business requirements, authored High Level Design (HLD) and Detailed Design (DLD) for each independent module of the project.
- Developed Sequence and Class Diagrams using Rational Rose software.
- Wrote persistent Hibernate mapping classes using annotations approach.
- Worked on Oracle as back end database for storing the application data.
- Worked on Subversion as version control system for maintaining uniformity of application code among the developers.
- Worked on IBM Clear Quest for tracking the issues.
- Used Spring Framework extensively for Controller and View components.
- While using Spring as Application Level Framework, Hibernate is used as persistence Framework.
- Implemented design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Template and DAO patterns.
- Implemented Spring Beans using IOC and transaction management features to handle the business logic.
- Interfaced using Web services, SOAP and RestFul for producing and consuming the data information from other subsystems with in the courts.
- Implemented Log4j mechanism for logging at different modules within the application.
- Involved in deploying and testing the application in JBoss application server.
- Involved in troubleshooting technical issues, conduct code reviews, and enforce best practices.
- Maintained, developed and fixed bugs for applications.
- Documented and unit tested website code and applications.
- Collaborated with a team of developers to build a multi-tier complex Enterprise Java components and ecosystems.
- Development and enhancement of the stored procedures and DAO classes.
- Analysis and fixing the beta defects in User acceptance testing.
- Extensive participation in application Integration testing.
- Developed software solutions according to the quality and delivery standards of the program.
Environment: Java, JEE, Spring MVC, Spring Web flow, Spring 2.5, Spring Security, Spring Batch, Hibernate ORM, JPA, Maven, XML, Ajax, Taglibs, LDAP, Web Services, Oracle Database, JBoss AS, JUnit, Log4J, Eclipse based Spring Source Tool Suite(STS), Apache tomcat.