- Thirteen years of experience in Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Implementation of large scale enterprise batch, web, reporting and desktop applications in financial industry.
- Hands - on technical experience in developing new applications and delivering solutions using Java, Servlet, JSP, JDBC, EJB, JMS, Hadoop technologies and in-depth knowledge of Java and J2EE.
- Strong experience in software infrastructure and framework based software design and development using open source frameworks Apache Wicket, Struts, spring and Hibernate.
- Solid background in Object-Oriented analysis and design and very good at design patterns.
- Extensively worked in Java Collections Framework, very good knowledge in concurrent package, multithreaded programming, data structures and algorithm
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer and Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
- Extensive experience developing PL/SQL stored procedures and writing SQL in Sybase, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2 Data bases.
- Developed web application using Servlet, JSP Custom Tag library in Weblogic, WebSphere and Tomcat application servers.
- Functional experience in Credit Risk, Principle Risk and Prime Brokerage, Insurance and On-Line Lottery environments.
- Have excellent communication and inter personal skills and Analyst Skills.
Language: Java, Python
Java Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JMS, JDBC, EJB, AWT and Java Beans
Framework/Open Source: Apache-Wicket, Struts, Hibernate, jQuery and spring
Scripting: Perl and UNIX shell script, Ant and Maven and build script
Reporting Technologies: Actuate eRD Pro, IDAPI, Crystal Reports, Business Object Composite.
RDBMS/Tools: Sybase, Oracle and MYSQLApp Servers: WebLogic, Web Sphere and Tomcat
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Java Developer
- As Senior Java Developer currently working on building Overage & Exception application using Java and J2EE Technologies.
- Actively involving in design and development of new Overage & Exception application with improved business functionality, calculating Overage & Exception on various process flows such as Batch, impact, incremental and Real time.
- Actively involved in rewriting aggregation module in Java and J2EE Technologies. Developed new Java programs as part of rebuilding the aggregation module.
- Developed RESTful web services to check counterparty status, validate master id and price the trade.
- Used template method pattern, factory, command, decorator, adapter and other common pattern as part on going application development.
- To support global market, made a significant performance improvement in Credit Studio Batch Run Time from 5 to 3 hours by changing application code and infrastructure.
- Integrating spring-hibernate and re factored existing data loader using commons DBCP framework, developed DAO classes.
- To improve the Simulation process performance, developed program to pre-calculate epsilons for underlying market data, write to and read from Hadoop file system server.
- For What-if scenario, designed and developed Processing Stack requirement in thread programming to run Simulation and Aggregation in parallel.
- Involved various new enhancements and performance improvement in Simulation and Aggregation modules and actively involved in batch daily production issues troubleshooting and applying fixes.
- Working in TIBCO DataSynapse Grid Server environment to distribute Simulation and Aggregation process workload across a grid of shared system and data resources.
- Writing data base SQL query and Store Procedure and creating UNIX shell and AutoSys JIL scripts to run the daily batch job.
IT Environment: Java1.6, Jersey, MapR, Sybase, spring, Hibernate, TIBCO DataSynapse and jQueryConfidential, New York
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- As a Sr. J2EE Developer I was actively involved in design and develop applications using J2EE technologies and Apache Wicket APIs.
- The web-based solution employs object oriented design patterns such as MVC, Adapter, Factory, Singleton, Filter and Observer.
- Utilize singleton design patterns to improve performance in page loading and template download process.
- Handle filter pattern to user authorization and track and log LOB controller changes.
- Establish email notification module using observer patterns to notify LOB controllers by email about important actives in the application.
- Write batch programs in Core Java to load feeds using ETL tools.
- Writing programs using Java-POI API to read/write and process the Excel file and generate PDF reports using Java-PDF API.
- Work with Java mail API to send e-mail notification for monthly data entries.
- Set up database SQL query and stored procedure and configure UNIX shell script to run the job.
- Prepare weekly status report to update current activities of the application and upcoming activates to information owner.
IT Environment: Core Java, Apache Wicket Web development Framework, Pentaho data Integration (Kettle), Apache POI, Eclipse BIRT Reporting, Weblogic10x, Oracle10x, MavenConfidential
Senior Java/J2EE Developer
- Contributed actively to enhancing Java-based ETL system using Core Java, JMS and Hibernate.
- Assisted in development of corporate action announcement for equity securities getting real-time data using Java Message Service (JMS) and Hibernate.
- Designed and developed read only csv-jdbc driver that used .csv files as database tables.
- Created and developed Crystal Report generation module using Java-based BO SDK API.
- Implemented single sign-on to report module using filter design pattern.
- Set up queues, topics, foreign JMS configurations and connection pool settings in the Weblogic admin console.
- Established message listener bean to process JMS messages.
- Devised and developed report scheduler using Java multi-threaded program for the reporting application.
- Helped with production support to support PrimeDB application for the overnight batch.
- Assisted in writing stored procedure for various position, activity and balance reports.
- Enhanced ANT build scripts.
- Wrote JIL scripts for AutoSys job.
- Configured UNIX and Perl scripts to support project needs.
IT Environment: Core Java, JMS, Servlets, Weblogic, Sybase, ANT, Crystal Reports, Business Object XI, Design Pattern, Composite 5.0Confidential
Senior Java/J2EE/Report Developer
- Contributed actively to developing various business layer, data management and risk report components of the multi-tiered web-based system over J2EE architecture and Actuate reporting product.
- Helped established a web-based solution using object oriented design patterns such as MVC, adapter, factory and singleton.
- Helped establish the reporting application to maintain user report subscription details.
- Worked with the risk reporting module, establishing subscribes, run, and view risk reports in multiple formats (PDF and Excel).
- Assisted in development of the module using Servlet, JSP, Actuate - IDAPI and JDBC.
- Developed a component to merge more than one PDF report using PDF BOX and Excel report using JExcel API.
- Customized active portal / iPortal applications.
- Set up single sign (RESS) on implementation with Merit application so users could view risk reports without Actuate server credentials.
- Executed IDAPI programming to develop and maintain IDAPI code to download/upload reports executable (.rox) from iServer, assigning roles on report executable, report submission in batch mode, report archive and various product issues.
- Created users and roles, provided privileges and maintained report executables using Actuate management console.
- Implemented version migration including report changes, active portal changes and IDAPI code changes.
IT Environment: Java, Servlets, JSP, Weblogic, Sybase, Actuate 8x & 9xConfidential
Senior J2EE Developer/Onsite Lead
- Led a CIF offshore team of eight members.
- Studied and defined the project scope, detailed functional requirements, building application interfaces, onsite-offsite coordination and executed different phases of the project including production implementation and post-implementation support.
- Contributed to design and development of presentation, business and data layers of applications using Java, J2EE, design pattern, Apache Struts framework and WSAD IDE.
- Converted existing MVC Model 1 architecture into Struts framework.
- Utilized various J2EE design patterns such as filter, session façade, front-control, fast-lane and DAO.
- Developed and documented design using class diagrams, sequence diagrams and object diagrams using Visio.
- Worked with adapter design pattern developed marsheller and unmarsheller package to eliminate dependence of Caster API, which converted the ACORD object into ACORD XML and visa versa.
- Configured and maintained Ant build scripts, shell scripts, build instructions and necessary requests for deployments
IT Environment: Java, Servlets, JSP, EJB, XML Web Services, DOM Parser, J2EE Design Pattern, Struts, WebSphere 5.x, DB2Confidential
Senior Java Developer
- Worked on new development, enhancement and production support.
- Developed lottery games framework in Core Java AWT using various Core Java patterns that ran in the Altura touch screen terminal.
IT Environment: Core Java programming, AWT, Design Patterns