- Over 8 years of strong software experience in designing, development and deployment of web - based and Client-Server business applications using Java/J2EE technologies, Application frameworks and Expertise in Banking, Healthcare, Financial, Marketing and Insurance Domains.
- Strong experience in all the phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, deployment and support.
- Proficient in applying design patterns like Singleton, Builder, Factory, Prototype, Facade, Decorator, Bridge, Proxy, Visitor, Observer, Interpreter, Mediator, Iterator, Front Controller, Data Access Object .
- Solid understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Object-Oriented design concepts .
- Expertise in XML technologies such as XSL, XSLT, XML schemas, XPath, XForms, XSL-FO and parsers like SAX, DOM.
- Implemented the new features of Java 8 like Lambda Expressions, Method references, Default methods for Interfaces, stream API’s and Date Time API’s .
- Strong knowledge on Functional interfaces in Java 8 like Predicates, Functions, Suppliers, consumers, comparators, optionals and Streams, Parallel streams .
- Expertise In java concepts like Spring, Web services, Hibernate, JMS, ibatis, Swing, AWT, Multi-Threading, JDBC, JSP, Servlet, Collections, Struts.
- Integrated Hibernate ORM framework with Spring framework for data persistence and transaction management.
- Implemented the Spring Micro services to base on RESTful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC .
- Good experience in developing web Applications using Spring MVC framework implementing Action Controllers, Action Forms, Spring Validation Framework and Spring Tag Libraries.
- Experience in working on various Spring modules (Spring Core, Spring MVC, DAO and AOP) along with Hibernate as the back-end ORM tool for implementation of persistence layer and mapping of POJOs.
- Proficient in implementation of frameworks like Struts, Spring MVC, JSF, Struts, GWT, Vaadin, Grails, and ORM frameworks like Hibernate, EJB.
- Core development experience for Groovy Grails restful web services.
- Expertise in Micro Services to communicate through HTTP protocol for implementing SOA approach.
- Experience in Web Service Technologies: SOAP, RESTful, WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, UDDI, Apache Axis, CXF .
- Experience with Java Swing / JavaFX / Rich Client Platforms (such as NetBeans, Eclipse, Flash/Flex).
- Experience in Integration of Amazon Web Services (AWS ) with another application infrastructure.
- Good knowledge on Big-data technologies like Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Apache Pig and CouchDB.
- Proven experience with Application Servers like IBM WebSphere 9.x/8.x, Oracle/BEA WebLogic 12x/11x, JBoss and Apache Tomcat 9.x/8.x/7. X.
- Experience in working with middleware technologies like MQ-Series, Oracle Fusion (BPEL and OSB), Apache CAMEL and TIBCO Messaging.
- Experience in setup of WebSphere MQ and WebSphere ND profile in AWS environment.
- Developed applications using latest technologies like EJB 3.0, Spring 3.x/4.x, Hibernate 4.x, and REST based Web services, Rule Engines (Drools, ILOG JRules), XML API and tools.
- Integrating, developing, and testing of BPM framework implementation Drools for Authorization and Authentication functionalities, web-service authorization token generation to support SOA and Task worker threads for Reception, Acceptance, Rejection, and Work-flow services .
- Experience with AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud formation templates, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Git.
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, RDS, IAM, Glacier, SNS, SWF, SES, ELASTIC BEANSTALK, Route 53, Auto scaling, LAMBDA, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Experience in built web services using Spring and CXF operating within ESB, offering both REST, AWS and SOAP interfaces.
- Experienced in working with the NoSQL Databases like Mongo DB and Apache Cassandra and have a good exposure on RIAK .
- Extensive development experience in different IDE's like Eclipse, RSA, STS, IBM RAD, Net beans and TOAD .
- Explored Spark, Kafka, Storm along with other open source projects to create a real-time analytics framework.
- Implemented design patterns in Scala for the application and developed quality code adhering to Scala coding Standards and best practices.
- Experience in writing ANT, Hudson, Maven build scripts, providing logging facility using Log4j, writing JUnit test cases and used Clear Quest, JMeter, Jira, Bugzilla for bug tracking.
- Involved in building and deploying Apache ANT/ MAVEN scripts for deployment and customizing WAR/ JAR file management for web applications.
- Good working knowledge on Clear Case, SVN and GIT for code management and version control.
- Extensively worked with different operating systems like Windows 98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX and LINUX .
- Experienced in Agile software development process, Test Driven Development and Scrum .
Java/J2EE Technologies: JMS, JSF, Java Beans, Applets, Multi-threading, Servlets, JSTL, JDBC, JPA, JNDI, RMI, EJB, JFC/Swing, AWT, Java Networking, Spring data, Spring Boot, Spring Security, AWS Cloud, Spring framework, Spring JDBC Templates, java mail, Google API, Hibernate, Web Services, SOAP, Drools, RESTFUL.
Programming Languages: Java, Groovy, C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL, Scala.
Application/Web Servers: Oracle/BEA WebLogic 12x/11x, IBM WebSphere 9.x/8.x, JBoss, Tomcat 9.x/8.x/7.x.
Frameworks: Spring 4.x, Hibernate 5.x/4.x, JSF 2.x, Ibatis, Angular Ionic, Struts, MVC, Swing, GWT.
IDEs: Eclipse, IBM WebSphere Application Developer, IBM RAD, STS.
Web Services: JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, REST, Micro Services
Middleware: ESB, JMS, Camel, MQ Series, Active MQ, Rabbit MQ.
XML Tools: JAXB, Apache Axis, AltovaXMLSpy.
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, RUP, TDD, OOAD, SDLC Waterfall model.
Modeling Tools: UML, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio.
Testing technologies/tools: JUnit, JMeter, MOCKITO, SOAP UI, Protractor, Karma, Jasmine.
Database Servers: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo Db and Cassandra).
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson.
Platforms: Windows, UNIX, Linux and MAC.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. Java/J2EE Full Stack Developer
- Actively involved in Analysis, Design, Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing and Successfully followed agile methodology in the Scrum Cycle model.
- Involved in developing the UI panels using JSF, XHTML, CSS, DOJO and JQuery.
- Developed AJAX scripting to process server side JSP scripting.
- Implemented the web-based application using struts Framework.
- Developed custom HTML elements using Angular JS directives, developed Angular factories, and used angular promise api for making async calls. And widely resolved angular scope issues.
- Implemented and developed UI components using Angular JS 2.0 features like dependency Injection, Models, data binding and controllers.
- Develop various screens for the front end using Angular JS 2.0 and used various predefined components from NPM (Node Package Manager).
- Developed Presentation and Controller layers using JSP, HTML, Custom Tag Libraries, JSTL, Java Script, Business layer using Spring (IOC, AOP), DTO, JTA, and Persistent layer DAO, Hibernate for all modules.
- Recommend and develop strategy for integrating internal security model into new projects with Spring Security and Spring Boot.
- Proven expertise in implementing Spring IOC (Dependency Injection) and AOP features in various aspects of Spring Framework (Core, Web, JDBC, MVC and DAO) and experienced in integrating Spring Web Flow with other frameworks like JSF.
- Designed Tech flow diagrams and Service flow diagrams for Send money and Request money.
- Implemented JMS Architecture with Spring which involves setting up ActiveMQ message broker, declared ActiveMQ message destinations and implemented Spring's JMS Gateway Support class as a base class for JMS gateway classes.
- Implemented the business layer by using Hibernate with Spring DAO and developed mapping files and POJO java classes using ORM tool.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection Spring DI and Spring MVC for REST API s and Spring Boot for micro-services.
- Developed and Implemented RESTFUL Web Services and used Spring Framework.
- Developed REST services to call vendor SOAP wrapper services that are required to be called.
- Responsible for writing the Design Specifications for the generic and application specific web services in Groovy and Grails.
- Developing Restful web service development in Grails and web application development using Groovy Grails, JQuery AJAX and D3.js.
- Implemented Persistence layer using Hibernate to interact with the Oracle database, Used Hibernate Framework for object relational mapping and persistence.
- Used Web Services for creating rate summary and used WSDL and SOAP messages for getting insurance plans from different module and used XML parsers for data retrieval.
- Involved in creation of web services, WSDL and web methods with Annotation in hibernate, Used the spring container for data source and to load the Hibernate specific classes.
- Created SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validating them with Stored Procedures using DB2 and used JPA with Hibernate provider.
- Worked with Elastic Search data indexing and query parsing and utilized NOSQL for non-relation data storage.
- Developed server-side software modules and client-side user interface components deployed entirely in Compute Cloud of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Worked with Java libraries to access AWS facilities as Simple Storage Service (S3), Simple Queue Service (SQS) and Simple DB.
- IMM (Integrated Money Moment) framework is USAA’s customized framework, it decides the flow control using different decision trees. Each application has its own decision tree.
- Implemented OAUTH to generate gateway proofs and bearer code to get approval for calling the web services.
- Good knowledge on the web server technologies such as Nginx, Gitolite, SSH, SFTP etc.
- Experience in writing test cases using JUnit testing framework and configured applications on WebLogic Server.
- Design, develop and test of SOA services using SOA / Web Service / Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Looked and analyzed the splunk logs for hidden application errors and used Gemfire cache for loading data in to local cache server.
- Extensive experience in developing applications using Java and related technologies using AGILE (SCRUM) methodologies.
Sr. Java/J2EE Full Stack Developer
- Involved in preparing System and business Requirements and Detailed Design document for the project.
- Actively involved in Analysis, Design, Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Successfully followed agile methodology in the Scrum Cycle model.
- Used Java-J2EE patterns like Model View Controller (MVC), Business Delegate, Data Transfer Objects, Data Access Objects, factory patterns.
- Developed Application to asses JSON and XML from Restful web service from consumer side using Angular JS 2.0.
- Rich Client Platform is using for integrating is an exciting new way to build Java applications that can compete with native applications on any platform.
- Developed numerous web applications using OO-design, Groovy for healthcare market, with specialized focus on care management.
- Used Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) is a graphical widget toolkit for use with the java platform using Platform (RCP).
- Worked on Spring Security for the spring-boot application authentication.
- Modified the Spring MVC, REST Controllers and Services classes as part of spring framework.
- Used Spring Framework AOP Module to implement logging in the application for application status.
- Used Spring DAO Module along with Hibernate Framework to deal with Database.
- Spring MVC Framework IOC (Inversion of Control) design pattern is used to have relationships between application components.
- Used Spring MVC Transaction Management, Spring/Hibernate Batch Transactions and Hibernate cache concepts.
- Designed and implemented Micro services based solutions to support back - end processing and experience with Micro services development and design patterns.
- Requested Account-service Micro services using a RESTful API for Web-application.
- Designed and developed Micro services using REST framework and Spring Boot.
- Used a Micro services architecture, with Spring Boot-based services interacting through a combination of REST and Apache Kafka message brokers.
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical data and events among J2EE components. Publisher- subscriber method was used for data loading and Point-To-Point was used for event processing.
- Designed, developed a custom, single-page, responsive web application on front end using AngularJS.
- Upgraded existing UI with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and Bootstrap with AngularJS interaction.
- Developed Angular directives, controllers, services, filters, and templates for the web MVC development.
- Involved in building a single page and cross browser compatible web application using Angular-JS (Angular routing) and Bootstrap.
- Used Hibernate framework for back end development and Spring dependency injection for middle layer Development.
- Extensive experience in deploying, managing and developing MongoDB clusters .
- Experience in managing MongoDB environment from availability, performance and scalability perspectives.
- Participated in design and development of MongoDB data planning, modeling, tuning and denormalized RDBMS table data to fit into MongoDB document model without affecting reports.
- Used Scala collection framework to store and process the complex consumer information. Based on the offers setup for each client, the requests were post processed and given offers.
- Experience in writing entities in Scala and Java along with named queries to interact with database.
- Implemented SOA to develop REST Based Web services using Apache Axis.
- Built rule engine using Drools API and configuring the rules and worked on Drools Rule Engines with corresponding to validate the business User Roles.
- Implemented tools to migrate existing business rules to an updated Drools engine with Java 8 support.
- Worked with Java libraries to access AWS facilities as Simple Storage Service(S3).
- Implemented AWS IAM for managing the credentials of applications that runs on EC2 instances.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Used Maven Scripts to build and deploy applications and worked closely with build team to resolve CI, Maven site and Report Issues.
- Working with JBoss BRMS Rule engine to implement Complex Business validations for Allocation and Simulation functionalities.
- Worked with IBM WebSphere ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) Technologies.
- Developed MDBs for receiving and processing data from WebSphere MQ series.
- Worked on Smoke Testing and Acceptance Testing with Selenium in multiple Java platforms and performed unit testing using JUnit.
- Developed unit test cases using Mockito framework for testing accuracy of code and logging is done using Log4j.
- Created tables and worked on SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures functions, Triggers, views and packages for complex Inserts and updates in the database.
- Efficiently handled periodic exporting of SQL data into Elastic search.
- Wrote services to store and retrieve user data from the MongoDB for the application on devices
- Used JIRA to assign, track, report and audit the issues in the application.
- Developed the J2EE application based on the Service Oriented Architecture.
- Used Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Session Facade and DAO.
- Designed and developed UI screens with JSF (MVC) to provide interactive screens to display data.
- Developed a single page application with Groovy and Grails Framework.
- REST Web services written in Groovy wrapped by Jersey JAX-R.
- Created GUI designs and developed UI specifications for internet and intranet sites related to JPMC.
- Involved in using various IDE's, Dream weaver, Notepad++, eclipse, Adobe Photo shop.
- Designed SOA integration using Apache CXF and enabled rapid service tier development.
- Worked on creating responsive website for smart devices using responsive design and Bootstrap.
- Provided JUnit support for the application for debugging the system and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Focused on Test Driven Development (TDD) thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before actually writing the functionality.
- Setup the monitor for the Node JS processes and Co-ordinated with development team for deployment of application into Node JS Server.
- Extensively used Hibernate mappings, HQL, EH Cache, Query, Criteria, Lazy loading Transactions and Locking’s.
- Worked on Spring Quartz, form based authentication with Cross-Site Request Forgery CSRF token and secured REST endpoints with HTTP Basic authentication.
- Used DAO pattern to fetch data from database using Hibernate to carry out various database.
- Used Java Message Service (JMS) for reliable and asynchronous exchange of important information for status report.
- Used Hibernate Transaction Management, Hibernate Batch Transactions, and cache concepts.
- Created and injected spring services, spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
- Used Spring Inheritance to develop beans from already developed parent beans.
- Worked on Spring Quartz functionality for scheduling tasks such as generating monthly reports for customers and sending those mails about different policies.
- Extensively used various Spring Framework modules like MVC, DI (IOC), Auto Wiring, JDBC Templates, Spring Security, and AOP.
- Involved in Migrating an existing on-premises application to AWS.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2.
- Used AWS Code Commit and understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS.
- Used AWS Code Pipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS.
- Deployed Spring Boot based micro services Docker container using Amazon EC2 container services and using AWS admin console.
- Implemented SOA to develop SOAP Based Web services using Apache Axis.
- Exposed the Web Services to the client applications by sharing the WSDL’s.
- Involved in writing Thread Safe blocks for multithread access to make valid transactions.
- Used Multi-Threading and concurrency and implemented threads while preparing and generating mails
- Modified the Spring Controllers and Services classes to support the introduction of spring framework.
- Experience with basic WebSphere Administration- like JMS, Data Source Configurations, Listener port configurations, JVM Property Configuration, Certificates Configuration.
- Worked with SFDC team to integrate ESB-CRM services using Cast Iron.
- Used Maven and Jenkins to automate the build and deploy process.
- Database development required creation of new tables, PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, views, indexes and constraints, triggers and required SQL tuning to reduce the response time in the application.
- Worked closely with QA team and fixed QA bugs as well as production issues with a quick turnaround time.
- Focused on Test Driven Development, thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before writing the functionality.
- Used Rational Application Developer (RAD) which is based on Eclipse, to develop and debug application code.
- Used Log4j utility to generate run-time logs.
- Clear case was used for project management and version management.
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of the application like
- Requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development.
- Agile Methodology is used for development of the application.
- Designed the web application using Angular-JS, HTML, Java Script, Bootstrap, and CSS.
- Developed responsive Angular JS single-page UI for simplifying the content shown on different dashboards on Client’s OBIEE and Tableau based solutions.
- Developed the application following agile approach.
- Developed new business workflows using the Java Business Process Management (JBPM) tool & deployed them as PAR (Archive) files.
- Workflows are created to send requests to different service groups for approval, whenever new service requests or complaints are raised.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose
- The application is designed using J2EE design patterns and technologies based on MVC architecture
- Used J2EEdesign patterns like Value Object Pattern, Session façade, Singleton, Factory and DAO.
- EJB Session Beans were used to process requests from the user interface and CMP entity beans were used to interact with the persistence layer.
- Developed EJB MDB’s and message Queue’s using JMS technology.
- Implemented security for different front end views based on the access privileges.
- Involved in writing XML validation classes using Struts validation framework.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSPs, AJAX and Struts Tags.
- Involved in converting Cassandra/Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs, and Scala.
- Developed multiple POCs using Scala and deployed on the Yarn cluster, compared the performance of Spark, with Cassandra and SQL.
- Used XML Web Services using SOAP to register agents using non-java application.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle 9i database as backend.
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical data and events among J2EE components. Publisher
- Subscriber method was used for data loading and Point-To-Point method of JMS was used for event processing
- Used RAD IDE based on Eclipse for writing code for JSP, Action Classes, Struts.
- Used IBM WebSphere Application Server to deploy the application.
- Developed Junit test cases for DAO and Service Layer methods.
- Used SVN for version control of the application.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed the ANT scripts for preparing WAR files used to deploy J2EE components.
- Interacted with quality assurance team for requirements gathering and analysis.
- Generated Use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Developed the applications using Java/J2EE, Struts, JDBC.
- Worked on various use cases in development using Struts and testing the functionalities.
- Created struts form beans, action classes, JSPs following Struts framework standards.
- Implemented the database connectivity using JDBC with Oracle database as backend.
- Involved in the development of model, library, struts and form classes (MVC).
- Used display tag libraries for decoration and used display table for reports and grid designs.
- Designed and developed file upload and file download features using Jdbc with Oracle Blob.
- Worked on core java, using file operations to read system file (downloads) and to present on JSP.
- Involved in the development of underwriting process, which involves communications without side systemsusing IBM MQ and JMS.
- Used PL/SQL stored procedures for applications that needed to execute as part of a scheduling mechanisms.
- Designed and developed Application based on Struts Framework using MVC design pattern.
- Developed SOAP based XML web services.
- Used SAX XML API to parse the XML and populate the values for a bean.
- Used Jasper to generate rich content reports.
- Developed XML applications using XSLT transformations.
- Created XML document using STAX XML API to pass the XML structure to Web Services.
- Developed and maintained UNIX shell scripts for data-driven automatic processing.
- Apache Ant was used for the entire build process.
- Used Rational Clear Case for version control and JUnit for unit testing.
- Used quartz scheduler to process or trigger the applications daily.
- Configured WebSphere Application server and deployed the web components.
- Provided troubleshooting and error handling support in multiple projects.
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development phase of the application.
- Created Class, Activity, and Sequence Diagrams using IBM Rational Rose modeling tool.
- Used Struts framework for building web applications.
- Deployed applications on WebLogic Server.
- Developed server side applications using Servlets, JSP, EJBs and JDBC.
- Used JMS for communicating various clients and its components.
- Used WSDL, SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- Developed EJB components for middle tier component implementation and business logic implementation.
- Developed Message Driven Beans for send asynchronous notification messages.
- Designed and developed numerous Session Beans and deployed on WebLogic Application Server.
- Used JMS for sending asynchronous data between the different session beans.
- Wrote stored procedures, complex queries using PL/SQL to extract data from the database.
- Used CVS for the concurrent development in the team and for code repository.
- Used Maven scripts to build and deploy the applications in Apache Tomcat application Server.
- Wrote Test Cases for Unit Testing using JUnit.
- Implemented Log4J for Logging Errors, debugging and tracking.
Environment: Struts, Java, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JSF, EJBs, JMS, Bootstrap, Apache Tomcat, Oracle 9i, WebLogic Server 10.3, MDB, PL/SQL, WSDL, SOAP, HTML, CSS, AJAX, Maven, Rational Rose, CVS, Eclipse, Junit, Log4J.Confidential
Software Engineer (Java)
- Involved in the Requirements collection & Analysis from the business team.
- Implemented the MVC architecture using Apache Struts Framework.
- Implemented Action Classes and server side validations for account activity, payment history and Transactions.
- Implemented views using Struts tags, JSTL and Expression Language.
- Implemented Tiles Framework for the views layout.
- Implemented session beans to handle business logic for fund transfer, loan, credit card & fixed deposit modules.
- Worked with various java patterns such as Service Locater and Factory Pattern at the business layer for effective object behaviors.
- Worked on the JAVA Collections API for handling the data objects between the business layers and the front end.
- Worked with JAXB, SAXP and XML Schema for exporting data into XML format and importing data from XML format to data base.
- Implemented the web services client to consume the third-party service API for validating credit cards. Used XML Web Services using SOAP to transfer the amount to transfer application that is remote and global to different financial institutions.
- Developed Unit test cases using JUnit.
- Developed Ant scripts and developed builds using Apache ANT.
- Used Log4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Used Clear Case for source code maintenance.