Highly versatile software architect and development manager with proven success aligning software and applications with functionality and architecture requirements. Lead application consulting, engineering, and delivery, providing transformative solutions to diverse business problems. Direct continuous improvement of SDLC processes, software products and applications, and services.
Software: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, Linux, Android, iOS
Servers: BEA WebLogic, JBoss, IBM WebSphere, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere MQ Workflow, IIS, Apache Tomcat
RDBMS: Oracle 9i/10g, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, LDAP
Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio 2010, NetBeans, ANT, Squirrel, Maven, Subversion, ClearCase, Rational Rose, Rational Robot, TOAD
Confidential, Flowood, Mississippi
President / Principal Consultant
- Engaged by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to develop a solution for managing burial activities for veterans and their families. Designed a web app using JSF, EJB 3.0, Java Persistence API, JQuery, AJAX, JPA/Hibernate EntityManager.
- Engaged to develop a portal-based solution for land management client, Confidential ., designing 9 portlets within open-source, Liferay environment; built information management and display portlets using Struts 2.1.6, Java Persistence API, JQuery, AJAX, Spring, JPA/Hibernate EntityManager.
- Created Flash application for wedding cake design client to showcase products.
- Developed a web-based, point-of-sale (POS) solution using Struts 2.1.6, Java Persistence API, Hibernate, JQuery, AJAX, Spring, JPA/Hibernate EntityManager.
- Built an intellectual property presentation app for Quantum Interface.
- Designed trip plan/itinerary development app for customers of major car rental company.
- Engaged with government agency to modernize an environmental cleanup project management system for Department of Defense properties, in production for 10+ years; led technical and consulting team of 4.
- Developed presentation tier using Silverlight and logic tier using Windows Communication Foundation RIA Services framework, integrated Silverlight and ASP.NET components and enabling data access via ADO.NET Entity Framework.
- Created iOS and Android apps under short deadline to enable client to provide critical aid during a national disaster.
Confidential, Jackson, Mississippi
- Played instrumental role in design, development, and implementation of web-based health insurance solution, transforming paper-based processes to electronic.
- Automated the end-to-end application process for employer-sponsored, group health policies and enabled broker-based application submission to underwriting.
- Leveraged test-driven development methodologies and utilized Struts 1.3 as web controller, Spring to manage Struts actions, business objects, and database access objects, and iBATIS for persistence and resource/transaction management.
- Built security and user authentication/authorization components; designed workflow management solution to control application behavior in alignment with defined set of statuses.
- Created custom validation functionality to enable increasingly stringent application of validation rules to user-supplied inputs and provide application flow/user messaging.
- Designed custom, electronic sales tools in compliance with Affordable Care Act.
- Developed an Android-based app enabling subscriber access and account management services.
Core Technologies: Windows, Android, J2EE, Java, IBM Rational Application Developer, IBM Rational Team Concert, IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Eclipse
Confidential, Ridgeland, Mississippi
- Spearheaded development of web-based unemployment insurance process management application, working in Struts 1.3, EJB, Hibernate, and XDoclet.
- Collaborated on design and development of SDLC management framework for use by internal development teams, substantially increasing productivity and quality while slashing development turnaround time.
- Played integral role in creation of custom, open-source Apache Jackrabbit document management system.
- Built components of multithreaded batch solution to automate SDLC processes.
Core Technologies: Windows, UNIX, J2EE, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, XPATH, Eclipse, IBM WebSphere, IBM DB2, Jackrabbit, IBM Business Process Manager, Subversion
Confidential, Jackson, Mississippi
- Drove custom application development, delivery, and support for cell phone product inventory and point-of-sale management solutions within nationwide voice/data carrier.
Core Technologies: Windows, UNIX, J2EE, Java, SQL, HTML, WML, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle WebLogic Server, IntelliJ IDE, TOAD Database Browser, Microsoft Source Safe