- Over 8 years of experience in delivering enterprise solutions in multiple domains like Finance, Telecom, Insurance, Health and other related domains. Expertise in conceptualizing, designing and coding technical solutions using Java/J2EE and UI technology stacks to satisfy peculiar and complex business problem statements.
- Experience in working with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies based on Agile, Scrum, Waterfall Model, and Iteration.
- Expertise in design and development of various web and enterprise - level applications using Java/J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, EJB, JPA, JSF, Struts framework, Servlets 3.x.
- Developed the Spring Features like Spring MVC, Spring DAO, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Heroku, Spring Security, Spring Integration, Spring Zuul, Spring Eureka, Spring Netflix, and Spring Hystrix.
- Extensively used different Tag Libraries like JSF Tags, Struts Tags, JSTL, Spring Tags, Spring EL, and Display Tag.
- Experienced in Middleware persistence framework like Hibernate/JPA Entities for mapping Java classes using Hibernate Query Language (HQL), HSQL Named Queries, Criteria, and Projections.
- Experience in Client side validations using AJAX in NodeJs, AngularJs, and dashboard reports using BackboneJS.
- Experience in Full stack UI technologies using GruntJS, Gulp Server, Yoman generator for Angular.
- Experience in using inbuilt and custom AngularJs directives, filters to add functionalities to the web page elements.
- Expertise in XML technologies such as DTD/Schemas, DOM, SAX, XSLT, XPATH, Castor.
- Knowledge in using Package Managers like NPM and Bower. Experience in using Task managers like Grunt, Gulp and Brunch
- Strong understanding of Micro services patterns- Circuit Breaker/Hystrix, DDD, Aggregator, and, Proxy Chaining.
- Experienced in Distributed Transaction Management system with Spring JTA based on Atomikos and Bitronix.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of batch jobs, implemented Spring batch for over 1million transactions.
- Experienced in working with Spring JDBC Templates, JMS Templates, Spring EAI, and Spring Rest Templates.
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB(Load Balancers), RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring and using echo system components like Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Hbase, Zoo keeper, Hive, Sqoop and Pig
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Experience with Docker containers, leveraging Linux Containers and AMI’s to create Docker Images/Containers.
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka, and Kafka event sourcing.
- Developed applications using latest technologies like EJB3.2, Spring 3.x/4.x,Hibernate3.2/4.x, and REST based Web services (Axis2.0.JAX WS 2.0, JAX RS), Rule Engines (Drools4.1, ILOG), JBPM tools.
- Experience in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Factory, Adapter, and Service Locator Session Façade, DAO, DTO, Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
- Experience in configuring and deploying the application into Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, WebSphere Servers.
- Experienced in developing UNIX shell scripts for batch processing, Perl and Python scripts.
- Experienced in Splunk Log Management Creating dash boards, monitoring, reporting, Email Notification to Users for threshold limit.
- Familiarity with relational and big data such as Postgres, Hadoop, Vertica, and similar technologies
- Experienced in developing complex PL/SQL queries, procedures, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Packages and Views in various database such as Oracle, DB2 and MySQL.
- Experience in working with NoSQL, databases like MongoDB, and Cassandra.
- Experience in using different version controlling/tracking systems CICD-ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, JENKINS, HUDSON, CVS, GIT, and GITHUB.
- Involved in BPM (business process management) tools like JBPM and Adobe LiveCycle.
- Experience in JUnit frame work with Mockito, Easy mock, and Spring JUnit Runner.
- Created feature file as a part of REST API testing and wrote ruby automation scripts using Ruby with Cucumber by linking feature files
- Used cucumber Testing tool for TDD and BDD.
- Experienced in Development, testing and deployment of enterprise applications on Windows and UNIX platforms using IDE’s such as Eclipse Rational Application Developer(RAD), NetBeans, and intelliJ
Languages: Java JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.7, C, C++, SQL and PL/SQL
Java/J2EE Technologies: Java Networking, Multi-threading, Applets, AWT, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, JDBC, JNDI, JMS, JTA, Swing
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11G,DB2,, MySQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
IDE/Development Tools: Eclipse 3.x,IBM WSAD, IntelliJ, NetBeans, JBuilder
Frameworks: Struts 2.x/1.x, Spring 3.x/2.x, Hibernate 3.x,JSF 1.2/2.0,iBatis,Flex
UI Frameworks: JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux and Unix
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, RUP, TDD, OOAD, SDLC
Design Patterns: MVC, DAO, DTO, Front Controller, Session Fa ade, Business Delegate, Observer, Singleton, View Helper
Web/Application Servers: Oracle/BEA Weblogic 8.1/9.1/10.3, IBM Websphere 5.1/6.0/6.1/7.0, JBoss, Tomcat 5.0.28/6.0,Bug tracking.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Web Services: WSDL, UDDI, SOAP, REST, Restful, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS
Version Controls: CVS,SVN,GIT
Testing Tools: JUnit, JMeter, HtmlUnit
Sr. Full Stack Developer
- Actively involved in Analysis, Design, Development, System Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Followed Agile methodology in the Scrum Cycle model.
- Involved in developing Thread safe blocks for multithread access and distributed transactions management
- Created and injected spring services, controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection.
- Heavily used spring inheritance, Auto-wiring, Core Container, Security, AOP, ORM Modules as part of migration.
- Used Spark streaming to receive real time data from the Kafka and store the stream data to HDFS using Scala and databases such as HBase, and MongoDB
- Used Microservices architecture, with Spring Boot-based services interacting through a combination of REST and Apache Kafka message brokers.
- Developed Microservices using Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring AOP, Dependency Injection.
- Implemented SOA to develop Spring RESTful/Micro services and implemented Spring Eureka, Netflix, Ribbon as part of Services Discovery using Apache Axis.
- Used SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Client, Spring Mock MVC, Spring 4Junit for testing the web services.
- Deployed Spring Boot based Microservices Docker container using Amazon EC2 container services and using AWS admin console.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, S3, Cloud Watch and Elastic Bean Stalk for code deployment.
- Upgraded Spring Rest Controllers and service classes to support migration to Spring framework.
- Designed and developed the UI using spring view component HTML 5, CSS 3, Bootstrap and AngularJS, DOM loading and cross browser compatibility.
- Developed MapReduce applications using Hadoop Map-Reduce programming framework for processing. Used compression techniques to optimize MapReduce Jobs
- Deployed and tested the application in Tomcat 8 application server in Windows and Linux environments
- Migrated the UI from JSF to Agnular.js and Build front-end using Bower and gulp
- Extensively used Angular JS/Ionic directives, filters, service, bootstrap to support desktop, mobiles versions.
- Created custom Angular JS directives to implement some of the specific functionalities.
- Used JQuery/JQlite to created dropdowns, status, progress and menu bar and other drag and drop component.
- Developed applications to asses JSON and XML from Restful web services from consumer side using AngularJs.
- Experience in building Webservice contracts in SOA Service Manager, orchestration, Performance tuning.
- Implemented Spring Circuit breaker pattern, integrated Hystrix dashboard to monitor Spring Microservices.
- Developed quality code to Scala coding standard and best practices.
- Used PL/SQL stored procedures for applications that need to execute as part of scheduling mechanism.
- Utilized Java Swing framework to develop client side components.
- Used Apache Camel with URIs to work directly with any kind of Transport or messaging model such as HTTP, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and JMS
- Implementing Spark Streaming Applications in Java
- Manage Hadoop jobs using Oozie workflow scheduler system for Map Reduce, Hive, Pig and Sqoop. actions
- Created computing and data resources on AWS using EC2. Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF
- Worked on developing API's using spark with java
- Enhancement of existing application utilizing jQuery and ExtJS, created web navigation menu which was role based wherein menu items changes dynamically based on the values derived from the database
- Responsible for reports using Jaspersoft reporting tool.
- Used Toad to interact with oracle data base, performance tuning dB execution plans.
- Heavily used joins stored procedures, views, Unions in Oracle data base to fetch the data.
- Developed Applications using Rules Engines, JBoss Drools 4.x, Work flows, Human tasks to implement business rules validations and provided Drools Dashboard for business users.
- Worked extensively on various flavors of UNIX operating system like Ubuntu and LINUX
- Integrated the spring cloud application to send messages to the Rabbit MQ
- Extensively used Hibernate Relational mappings (One - To-Many, Many - To-Many) in the secondary project.
- Extensively worked on Hibernate Cache, Query, Criteria and Transactions in secondary project.
- Worked on creations of customer Docker container images, tagging, pushing images, integration of Spring boot
- Created the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Worked with the Node package manager (NPM) along with Karma, Jasmine, Grunt and Bower for test build.
- Worked on Proof of Concept for developing application using Node JS with react JS .
- Used Maven as build dependency management tool for creating EAR,WAR and JAR file to be deployed in application servers and integrated with SVN, Jenkins, Jenkins jobs.
- Worked on integrating GWT (google web tool kit) for generating the java script files for reporting the high frequency of usages of functionality in mini-pie chart.
- Resolved bugs/defects in application by coordinating with team members of the project to assure a positive outcome using JIRA.
- Used GIT as version management, Jira for defect management system.
- Performed UI testing and front end testing using Selenium.
- Developed test case and performed unit testing using JUnit.
Confidential, Framingham, MA
Sr. Full Stack Developer
- Developed the J2EE application based on the Service Oriented Architecture.
- Used Design Patterns like Singleton, Factory, Session Facade and DAO.
- Developed using new features of Java 1.7 Annotations, Generics, enhanced for loop and Enums.
- Improve presentation of webpages CSS 3.0, Adobe Flash and JQuery plugins.
- Designed SOA integration using Apache CXF. Enabled rapid service tier development.
- Used AngularJS for DOM Manipulation, Filters, and Directives.
- Worked on the acknowledgements of Apache Kafka, Rabbit MQ
- Used Twitter Bootstrap to create responsive web pages which can be displayed properly in different screen sizes.
- Worked on Cross-browser Compatibility of UI pages. Implemented for internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and IE 8/9/10/11.
- Installed/Configured/Maintained Apache Hadoop clusters for application development and Hadoop tools, including: Hive, Pig, HBase, Zookeeper and Sqoop
- Involved in converting Hive/SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDDs and Scala
- Designed, built, and deployed multitude applications utilizing almost the entire AWS stack
- Responsible of the integration of new requirements for the application like adding a new data source, creation of new reports on JSP pages, creation of new DAO’s to access to Vertica Data Base
- Debugged the application using Chrome Inspector, Firebug, IE Tester and many other debugging tools.
- Created and injected Spring services, Spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
- Set up and managed Jenkins build form of mixed Linux, Windows slaves
- Worked on service oriented systems that utilize REST web frameworks with Spring MVC, Spring REST Template, Rabbit MQ, Spring Integration
- Used Spring Inheritance to develop beans from already developed parent beans.
- Implemented SOA to develop REST Based Web services using Apache Axis .
- Created of interface to manage user menu and Bulk update of Attributes using JS, EXTJS and JQUERY
- Developed Service layer Using Spring, AspectJ and persistence layer using Hibernate.
- Involved in implementing DAO layers using JPA standards and Hibernate API interfaces.
- Developed and designed Spark and Java components
- Created SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validating them with Stored Procedures using DB2 and JPA with Hibernate provider.
- Extensively used Hibernate mappings, HQL, EH Cache, Query, Criteria, Lazy loading Transactions and Lockings.
- Developed REST Web Services clients to consume those Web Services as well other enterprise wide Web Services.
- Exposed the Web Services to the client applications by sharing the WSDL’s.
- Solid understanding of Hadoop Distributed File System
- Used DAO pattern to fetch data from database using Hibernate to carry out various database.
- Used Hibernate Transaction Management, Hibernate Batch Transactions, cache concepts.
- JSON was used extensively to exchange data between various systems and tiers
- Maintained, structured, and surveyed documents within the NoSQL MongoDB database, ensuring data integrity, correcting anomalies, and increasing the overall maintainability of the database.
- Hands on experience with MongoDB installation, configuration, monitoring and Designing shared Environment.
- Modified the Spring Controllers and Services classes so as to support the introduction of Spring framework.
- Created logical and physical data models putting to practice, concepts of normalization and RDBMS.
- Used Xstream API to transfer data back and forth between Spring MVC and ExtJS .
- Jenkins to automate the build and deploy process.
- Wrote the shell scripts to monitor the check of Hadoop daemon services and respond accordingly to any warning or failure conditions
- Developed Spark code using Scala and Spark-SQL/Streaming for faster testing and processing of data
- Developed and consumed Apache CXF based Web Services as part of Payments Application.
- Focused on Test Driven Development ; thereby creating detailed JUnit tests for every single piece of functionality before actually writing the functionality.
- Used Rational Application Developer (RAD) which is based on Eclipse, to develop and debug application code.
- Used Log4j utility to generate run-time logs.
- SVN was used for project management and version management.
- Deployed the application on Websphere 7.0 application server .
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Sr. Java Developer
- Involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) of the application like requirement gathering, Design, Analysis and Code development .
- Generated use case diagrams, Class diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- The application is designed using J2EE design patterns and technologies based on MVC architecture.
- Implemented Agile Methodology for development of the application.
- Used J2EEdesign patters like value object pattern, Session façade, Singleton, Factory and DAO.
- Spring with Tiles Framework is implemented for a common look in the all presentation views.
- Integrated struts MVC with spring DI and spring hibernate DAO.
- EJB session Beans were used to process request from the user interface and CMP entity beans were used to interact with the persistence layer.
- Coded pages with best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Designed applications that execute on various browser such as internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera using debugging tools like Firebugs/IE Developer tools.
- Continuous integration services are provided for software development using JENKINS.
- Utilized Object Oriented Programming in Java Script and DOM structure to implement various functionalities.
- Designed pages using Angular JS forms, Validations, Modules, Event Expressions, Directives, Controllers, filters.
- Developed EJB MDB’s and message Queue’s using JMS technology.
- Implemented security for different front end views based on the access privileges.
- Involved in writing XML validation classes using struts validation framework.
- Designed the user interfaces using JSPs, AJAX and Struts Tags .
- Used XML Web Services using SOAP to register agents using non - java applications.
- Developed services that are reusable and interoperable, based on SOAP, WSDL, JAXWS, JAXRPC Web Services.
- Used JMS for the asynchronous exchange of critical data and events among J2EE components. Publisher Subscriber method was used for data loading. Point-To-Point method of JMS was used for event processing.
- Involved in requirements gathering and capacity planning for Multi-Datacenter (Four) and Cassandra Cluster used Oracle DB and MongoDB for Database related activities.
- Used RAD IDE based on Eclipse for writing code for JSP, Actions Classes, Struts and Spring beans.
- Involved in writing DAO, DTo’s using Hibernate DAO support.
- Implemented persistence layer using Hibernate that uses the POJOs(Which do not have the business process) to represent the persistence databases tuples.
- Developed JUnit test cases for DAO and Service Layer methods.
- Used SVN for version control of the application.
- Used LOG4J to capture the log that includes runtime exceptions.
- Developed the ANT scripts for preparing WAR files used to deploy J2EE components.
- Interacted with quality assurance team for requirements gathering and analysis.
Environment: Core Java,j2ee,jsp, Struts, Spring, OOAD, oracle 10g,HTML,EJB3,AJAX,JMS,XML,Design Patterns, ANT, Rationale Rose, IBM RAD IDE, WebLogic Application Server 10.X,Hibernate 3.0,Log4J,SVN,TOAD,JUNIT,UML.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Sr. Java Developer
- Worked on Agile Scrum development lifecycle with 2-week sprints, fast-paced deadlines to implement new features and get it deployed to prod every 2 months.
- Used Spring Framework for dependency injection, integration of Hibernate using Spring ORM support, development of RESTful web services to give JSON output.
- Configured Spring MVC from scratch using XML configurations, namespace handling, spring security setup and giving access to resources.
- Used the concepts of Internationalization and Localization using Spring.
- Developed code to transform XML documents using JAXB Marshaling and Unmarshalling using Spring Injections.
- Used Hibernate in persistence layer, hibernate mappings using Annotations, HQL, Criteria and Named Queries.
- Involved in Design and Development of RESTful API.
- REST web services are created using spring with Jackson Mappers to exchange data using JSON data structure.
- Used SVN for source Version Control, resolving code conflicts and merging code base.
- Deployed the application in WebLogic Application Server.
- Strong experience in writing PL/SQL queries and performance tuning.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts to automate repetitive database processes.
- Used Maven for dependency management, build applications and deploy to the containers, application servers and create versions in the repository.
- Involved in SDLC and moving project from one stage to another such as testing, UAT and production.
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer
- Analysis and understanding of business requirements.
- Involved in the architecture team for design and implementation of system.
- Developed application using Spring MVC, JSP, JSTL and AJAX on the presentation layer, the business layer is built using spring and the persistent layer uses Hibernate.
- Developed Custom Tags to represent data in a desired unique table format and to implement paging Logic.
- Created the web application using MVC Struts framework.
- Designed developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and performed configuration of Struts, Application Framework.
- Developed views and controllers for client and manager modules using Spring MVC and Spring Core.
- Business logic is implemented using Spring Core and Hibernate.
- Data Operations are performed using Spring ORM wiring with Hibernate and Implemented Hibernate Template and criteria API for Querying database.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Datastax Cassandra.
- Developed Exception handling framework and used log4J for logging.
- Developed WebServices using XML messages that use SOAP. Created WSDL and the SOAP envelope.
- Developed and modified database objects as per the requirements.
- Involved in Unit integration, bug fixing, acceptance testing with test cases, Code reviews.
- Involved in Analysis and Design of the Project, which is based on MVC (Model-View-Controller) Architecture and Design Patterns.
- Involved in developing prototypes of the product.
- Involved in development of presentation components using Swings.
- Created UML Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams and Page flow diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Designed GUI Components using Tiles frame work and Validation frame work.
- Designed and developed UI using HTML, JSP and Struts where users have all the items listed for auctions.
- Developed ANT scripts for builds and deployments.
- Developed Controller Servlets, Action and Form objects for process of interacting with Oracle database and retrieving dynamic data.
- Responsible for coding SQL Statements and Stored procedures for back end communication using JDBC.
- Parsing of XML documents was done using SAX and DOM and XML transformation was done using XSLT.
- Involved in writing Detail Design Documents with UML Specifications.
- Involved in unit testing and system testing and also responsible for preparing test scripts for the system testing.
- Responsible for packaging and deploying components in to the Tomcat.
- Used java IO to create reports, which were mailed to be mailed to manager every hour.
- Responsible for performance tuning of the product and eliminating memory leakages in the product.
- Participated in Code Review meetings with developers.