- Skilled Technologist possessing seven years of experience in software development, with responsibilities including analysis, design, development, implementation and testing of various .NET based web applications.
- Expertise in design and development using C#, VB.NET, Visual Studio.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Web Services, AJAX, Win Forms, Web Forms, XML, XSLT, VB, Java Script, SQL, HTML & PHP.
- Understanding of Risk Management concepts, VaR (Value at Risk) computation methodologies, Models and Workflow systems.
- Extensively worked on Object Oriented Design & Programming.
- Conversant with 3 tier and client-server architecture
- Experience working with Singleton, Factory & Proxy design patterns
- Experience with functional and unit testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, 2000/NT, Windows XP Professional, RedHat Linux
Languages / Frameworks: sASP.NET 1.1/2.0/3.5, VB.NET, C#, CSS, AJAX, Java Script,JQuery,MVC,PHP,HTML,
LINQ, SQL, C, OOPS using C++
Tools: Visual Studio (.NET), ADO.NET, XML, XSLT, Codesmith
Servers:IIS version 5.0/6.0, Apache
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Sybase, Oracle 9i, MySQL 4.0
3rd party API’S: Bloomberg, Markit, CyberSource Simple Order API.
Project Life Cycle: Software Requirement Specification, Design (including Database Design), Development, Unit and Functional Testing, Implementation and user training
Reporting: Crystal Reports 8.5/9.0, Microstrategy
Education:Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science .Bangalore University India.
04/2010-02/2012 Confidential, JERSEY CITY, NJ
LEAD DEVELOPER - CONSULTANT
Projects: New Product Review (NPR) and Model Workflow Tool (MWT).
Description: MWT is Model workflow Tool which manages Model Change process and provides enhanced model governance controls and data capture. MWT enables Model life cycle transparency and enhanced communication. It establishes clear ownership by providing online review and approval by each groups.(Risk Manager, MV, Middle Office, Finance, Technology etc) involved. It has controls to provide proper prioritization around models in the queue and provides dynamic search and reporting capabilities.
NPR is a front to back office work flow tool which manages trading products through various phases like Pre review, Evaluation, Review, .Approval and Launch. In addition to online review and approval.
It is a high visibility tool used by office of the COO, Audit, Treasury, Compliance ,Risk managers and various Business units like Global Commodities, Rates and Currency etc. It provides improved pre and post launch follow up by automated notifications and escalation.
- Interacted with users to come up with an optimal design for script model
- Work flow and implemented the same in ASP.NET 3.5 and SQL SERVER 2005.
- Designed and implemented user controls to facilitate multiple approvals of Risk/Middle office approvals using ASP.NET 3.5.
- Identified,implemented/modified performance related issues in both applications.
- Reviewing and performance tuning stored procedures, creating indexes, views.
- Leading a team of 2-3 developers, conducting code walk through, code reviews, level 2 & level 3 support.
- Designed and implemented several web pages and user controls in ASP.NET 3.5.
- Providing production support for NPR and MWT applications, Monitoring Autosys jobs, performing code merges and builds.
- Created High performance Ad hoc reports and quick search with ability to Save, Run Edit Copy .export to excel using .NET 2.0 .Created a master stored procedure which can be used by various quick search, advanced search and ad hoc reports.
- Implemented custom paging with object data source in search and home pages which decreased the page load time to 2-3 seconds.
- Created stored procedures for Models Search and Canned reports.
- Using Code Smith templates to generate source code and stored procedures.
- Creating views, UDFs in SQL server to be used by Microstrategy reports.
- Reviewing the reports and SQL generated and suggesting changes to improve the performance.
- Creating attributes and filters in Microstrategy reports, and providing training to the other team members.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET 2.0/3.5, AJAX, Jquery, MVC, Web Services, Java Script, .NET 2.0, TFS, Windows XP, SQL Server 2005, LINQ, Code smith, Microstrategy reporting tool.
02/2009-03/2010 ASCAP, NY, NY
PROGRAMMER ANALYST - EMPLOYEE
Company: ASCAP is a membership association of more than 360,000 U.S. composers, songwriters, lyricists, and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP protects the rights of its members by licensing and distributing royalties for the non-dramatic public performances of their copyrighted works.
Project: MusicPro www.musicproinsurance.com
Description: MusicPro is a web application which provides ASCAP members insurance for musical instruments, special events, studio, etc. For the administrators, it provides tools to manage the insurance policies, accounts, launch renewals and reporting. It’s an internet application built using ASP.NET 2.0, C#, SQL Server, AJAX extensions and Cybersource API.
- Solely managing the entire application by handling bug fixing, production support, implementing feature requests and testing.
- Involved in analysis, design, development & testing.
- Used Singleton & Factory design patterns
- Extensive end user interaction for design and UI approvals and User acceptance testing
- Developed Flow charts & UML activity diagrams.
- Writing/modifying server side classes to fix the bugs as well as implement new features.
- Writing and running the test cases, for unit testing integration testing & UAT.
- Writing SQL scripts to monitor and correct the discrepancies in the data.
- Implemented the functionality of the Administrator Module, in the first couple of months under a tight deadline.
- Implemented user controls and custom controls for reusability.
- Installation and configuration of the Cybersource API’s for credit card transactions.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET 2.0, NET Framework 2.0, AJAX, Web Services, Java Script, VSS, HTML, CSS, CyberSource APIs, Windows XP, SQL Server 2005.
03/2006-03/2008 Confidential, JERSEY CITY, NJ SR. PROGRAMMER ANALYST – CONSULTANT
Description: TSS is a web application that allows users to download and manipulate historical time series data from various sources. Risk managers use TSS to maintain and map time series for Risk Server to calculate VaR so they can use AQT Position Viewer to sign-off the scenario risk figures for risk control and regulatory purposes.
- All development was done using: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0, AJAX, Web Services, Java Script, .NET Framework 1.1/ 2.0, CVS, Sybase, HTML, CSS
- Migrated the TSS project from ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0.
- Wrote Ajax enabled controls using/extending AJAX Control Tool Kit 1.1.
- Writing web services as data source for AJAX enabled controls.
- Developed quick upload and bulk of tickers functionality which is used by the risk analytics team in creating tickers.
- Created a caching mechanism using singleton class to cache over 25000 tickers from the database to help load the pages faster.
- Implemented business classes to validate a time series based on various business requirements.
- Created bulk upload of time series status using excel which can upload large amount of data to the database.
- Improved performance of web pages using various asp.net techniques.
- Working closely with business users on day to day basis.
- Participating in various JAD sessions.
- Worked on integrating Bloomberg API’s into the TSS for sourcing the historical data.
- Used multi threading to improve performance and handle multiple requests of mapping reports.
- Created and deployed set up projects using Visual Studio 2003.
- Wrote and debugged stored procedures in SYBASE.
- Worked extensively on joins, indexes and temp tables.
- Created rich user interfaces using .net controls, HTML, CSS and AJAX.
Environment: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0, AJAX, Web Services, Java Script, .NET Framework 1.1/ 2.0, CVS, Windows XP, Sybase, HTML, CSS
Description: AQTNET provides Excel pivoting ability to the result generated by the Ad Hoc Query Tool which uses Microsoft OWC technology. Adhoc Query Tool (AQT) is a simple web based tool used by Risk Managers to view market sensitivities by Trading Book, Trading Desk, Trading Area, Business Unit, Business Area, etc.
- Development using C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET 1.1, Java Script, Sybase, .NET Framework 1.1, CVS,
- Created excel pivot table component for the Ad hoc Query Tool which gives the pivoting abilities for the data in the browser.
- Involved in writing business classes to capture the scenario data.
- Created and deployed set up projects using Visual Studio 2003.
- Wrote ANT scripts for .net for building .net apps.
Environment: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET 1.1, Java Script, Sybase, .NET Framework 1.1, CVS, Windows XP
10/2005-12/2005 Confidential, PENNINGTON, NJ
PROGRAMMER ANALYST - CONSULTANT
Description: Was part of the Wealth Management Group, working on Estate Fee Accruals and TUMS (Trust User Maintenance System). These applications are used by Trust Officers and FAs (Financial Advisors).
- Interacted with the business user to improve the existing application design.
- Created /modified existing Crystal Reports
- Modified existing web services to get data from DB2 & Oracle.
- Involved in creating and modifying XSD schemas.
- Modified & debugged PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Involved in Functional and Unit Testing.
Environment: VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, Crystal Reports 8.5, Oracle 9i, . NET Framework, NUnit, XML, XSD
01/2005-08/2005 Confidential, SOMERSET, NJ
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - CONSULTANT
Description: P&R Fasteners is an automobile component manufacturer which supplies a variety of auto parts including: fasteners, nuts and bolts to leading auto manufacturers in the US and abroad. P&R Warehouse Management System is a sub system developed to support the warehouse operations of the ERP. This application seamlessly integrates Picking, Pooling, Trucking/Logistics & Shipping Processes (Warehouse Module) into to the main ERP.
- Involved in Requirement gathering & preparation of SRS
- Understood business process & converted them to technical specifications
- Partially involved in Analysis & Database design.
- Developed user interfaces using ASP.Net & C#,HTML,CSS and business logic was developed using C#
- Wrote Data access components as Web services
- Accessed Web services provided by the main ERP
- Extensively used Data view, Data set & Data grid objects
- Used C# for server side validations and java script for client side validations
- Functional testing & Documentation
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - EMPLOYEE
Description: eSynergy is a complete ERP which was developed to cover all the processes within a manufacturing firm, including all the financial processes as well. The major modules covered are Sales & Marketing, Purchasing, Logistics, Stores (Inventory), Plant Maintenance, HR, Finance (Accounts, Costing, Fixed Assets) Manufacturing (Production), QC, Engineering and Document Routing.
- Responsible for creating pages for user authentication and authorization
- Developed front-end web forms for the user interface using ASP.NET, HTML and CSS.
- Developed client side and server side Validations using ASP.NET Validation Controls.
- Developing Data Access components using ADO.NET for accessing the database and retrieving data.
- Developed web services for various data transactions using VB.NET using in the middle tier of the application
- Writing standard T-SQL stored procedures.
- Involved in functional testing and unit testing.
Environment: C#, ASP.NET, XML based Web Services, MS SQL Server 2000, .NET Framework, Windows 2000, HTML, CSS
Project: Maini Web Portal
Description: Maini Web Portal was developed for use on the corporate intranet. It includes four core modues which control the configuration and preference settings for the web portal. The main pages in the web portal provide department news, stock news, user maintenance functions for the administrator and internal mailbox facility
- Designed Portal content using PHP and HTML
- Involved in designing the database of the module internal mailing system.
- Implemented the internal mailing system.
Environment: PHP, HTML, MySQL, Apache, Linux