- Above 14+ years of professional experience in software industry including all stages of SDLC like requirements gathering, design, development, testing and maintenance. I worked on multiple projects in fast paced, dynamic, and highly demanding environment with diversified technologies like Java, Cloud, Big Data, J2EE, GUI, DevOps etc.
- Full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including: gathering requirements, analysis of requirements, design, development, documentation, deployment and testing.
- Very strong experience on Infrastructure Development Support and Maintenance. Currently working on maintaining Applications migrated to Cloud(AWS) and consulting as an AWS Solutions Architect.
- Working as an AWS Engineer managing a Big Data Application on solutions on Architecture, operations and cost effectiveness. Worked as Solutions Architect helping in setting up environments in AWS and assisting migration of applications to AWS using various key AWS Services.
- Extensive hands on experience with working level knowledge on Big data and NoSQL (Not Only SQL) technologies including: Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Solr, Stream, Flume, Map Reduce using Java, MongoDB, HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System), Master - Slave architectural model, Clustering, Node management etc.
- Extensively worked on open source control frameworks Spring MVC, Hibernate, JSF, Struts 2, PureMVC, iBatis, and spring and have in depth knowledge of design patterns.
- Solid experience in building n-tier web enabled GUI applications using Ajax, JSPs, Servlets, EJB 3.0, RMI, JSF, AngularJS, ORACLE, Apache Camel, Confidential DB2, & MS SQL Server with adeptness on application servers; Adobe AIR, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, & Tomcat.
- Experienced in various frameworks and tools Jakarta Struts Framework and Spring MVC and working level experience in developing persistence layer using O/R-Mapping Tool Hibernate.
- Experienced in developing database to create its objects like tables, views, functions, triggers, and stored procedures packages using PL/SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server and My-SQL, DB2.
- Strong experience in handling different Web Servers likes Apache Tomcat and Application Servers like Web Sphere, BEA Web Logic and JBOSS.
- Experience in developing Web services in Java using XML, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI and Well versed in writing JUnit Test cases.
- Good knowledge with CVS, SVN, and Rational ClearCase version control systems.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting operating systems like Linux, Ubuntu, UNIX, and Windows Servers.
- Proficiency in Integrated Development Environments; RAD, Eclipse, & NetBeans with good insight of the following protocols; HTTPS, TCP/IP, FTP, REST, & SOAP.
- Hands-on experience with industry-standard IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJ, RAD and expert level skills in application programming using Java, Servlets, EJB’s, JDBC, TIBCO EMS/BW and JMS.
- Strong experience utilizing various XML parsers in J2EE solutions (DOM, SAX, and XSLT) and great knowledge in developing Web Services using SOAP, WSDL and XML.
Web design: FrontPage, Dream weaver, Microsoft Visio, Rational Software Architect
Languages: Big Data stack, Java (JDK 1.5/1.6/1.7/1.8 ), J2EE, C, C++, Java Script, SQL, AJAX. Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, HBase, Kafka, Solr, Storm, Cassandra, DevOps, and MongoDB
Cloud stack: AWS, ECS, EC2, CLI, CF, CW, CFT, S3, Lambda, Certificate Manager, API Gateway, Route 53, SQS, SNS, SES, ElastiCache, Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB etc.
Web/Distributed Technologies: J2EE, Java EE 5, Servlets 2.1/2.2, JSP 2.0, JSTL1.1,EJB 1.1/2.0/3.0, JDBC 2.0/3.0, Apache Camel, RMI, XML,XSL,XSLT,XSD,DTD,XQuery,UML, MVC, JSF, AngularJS, STRUTS, Spring, Spring WebFlow, Java Threads,Swings.
Scripting: Linux Shell scripting, Java Script, PL/SQL, HTML, DHTML, CSS.
Frame works: Jakarta Struts, J2EE, UML, JSF, Hibernate, Spring, Rich Faces
RDBMS: ORACLE 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL, SQL-Server 2000/2005, DB2, Sybase.
Web Servers: Cloudera, Apache Tomcat 4.1/5.1/6.0.
Application Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, JBOSS, J2EE Server, and Glassfish.
IDE: Eclipse with My Eclipse, Net Beans, WebLogic Editor, Edit Plus 2, JDeveloper.
GUI: AWT, Applets and Swing.
Messaging/Web Services Technology: SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, XML, SOA, TIBCO, JMS, Lotus Notes, Hibernate, XMLBeans, JAXB, XPath, Active directory(AD).
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, DOS, Windows 95/98, Windows 2000 Professional, and XP
Methodologies: Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile Scrum
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. Architect / Lead
- Guided on complete life cycle for the Big Data solutions including Requirement analysis, Technical architectural design, solution development, testing and deployment.
- Created various HTML Pages to Validate and record the Order Processing Parameters and Developed Java Servlets at server side for handling requests and responses from the web page that were developed using AngularJS, JSP, HTML etc.
- Implemented Database access through JDBC at Server end with Oracle as backend and Responsible for Database design and creating database tables.
- Involved in multi-tiered J2EE application design utilizing Spring Inversion of Control (IOC) and Hibernate and Implemented Singleton classes for property stacking and static information from DB.
- Developed Proof of Concept for AWS SNS email notification service and successfully integrated with the project framework.
- Architected and implemented DynamoDB (NoSQL offering from AWS) for core health systems holding over 3 million transactions. Involved in all aspects of DynamoDB, such as designing tables, indexes, keys, throughput settings and performance testing
- Worked with AWS to implement the client-side encryption on DynamoDB
- Implemented DynamoDB streams with Lambda to achieve various goals, i.e. send transactions in real-time to other applications for consumption and decision making, table copy, etc.
- Created monitoring setup for application logs and other statistics using CloudWatch Logs and ELK. Created dashboards in Kibana (ELK) for all the event based processing.
- Worked with all the AWS core services (VPC, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, EC2, RDS, SNS, ASG, ELB, just to name a few).
- Did setup DynamoDB backups using DataPipeline and worked on all components of the DevOps Development phase.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
Lead / Senior Software Engineer
- Scoped functional and technical work units required to implement proposed solutions after extensively studying the functional requirements and extensively involved in writing technical designs, and did feasibility study of the functional requirements.
- Worked as DevOps Engineer in a DevOps Environment using Chef and other CICD tools like Jenkins, GitHub and uDeploy.
- Authored Jenkins Job/Pipeline for AWS Stack Creation / Updation in CICD lifecycle
- Containerizing applications using Docker and Maintaining the Private Docker Registry
- Worked on Marathon/Mesos/Zookeeper/HA Proxy Based cluster management for Docker Containers
- Hands on using TIBCO messaging standards including EMS and Rendezvous and using TIBCO Administrator for User Management, Resource Management and Application Management .
- Configuring Action Mappings in Struts-config.xml. Extensively involved in the development of Web Services interface to workflow system to facilitate setting up of customer’s modem.
- Developed the bean, the business method interfaces and the DAO for the workflow Web Services framework.
- Designed XSDs for the Web Services interface in WSDL and Configured and used SOAP test to do unit test of Web Services application.
- Implemented the application using Struts framework and Used DAO layer to handle all persistence related changes thus creating an efficient architecture.
- Developed EJBs (Stateless Session) and configuring CMR relationships (Container-Managed Relationships) in the ejb-jar.xml for entity beans.
- Design and implementation of J2EE patterns E.g. MVC, Value Object, Data Access Object, Business Delegate, Service Locator, Session Facade.
- Proactively worked on performance tuning of the application and did root cause analysis of whole order fallout handling, to get the client requirements defined clearly and trained end-users how to use the application.
Environment: Master-Slave architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, Amazon Web Service Stack, ECS, EC2, Route 53, SNS, SQS, SES, CFT, CF, CW, DynamoDB, RDS, RedShift, Mesos, Marathon, Elastic Logstash, Kibana, Elasticache, IAM, CloudTrial, CloudWatch Monitoring, DevOps, Chef, S3, Storage Gateway, Glacier, Cassandra, Java, JAX-Web Services, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), JMS, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO B/W, Oracle WebLogic Server, Struts MVC, Hibernate, JSPs, JSF, AngularJS, JUnit, XML, PL/SQL, Linux and Oracle.
- Wrote and maintained the Software Requirement Specification (SRS) for the project and designed UML diagrams using Confidential Rational Rose.
- Developed and deployed Portal applications in WebLogic Workshop and used User Provider Portal controls to query user information and creating new users with passwords.
- Developed XML and Action classes to implement Struts framework. Developed the Graphical User Interface (GUI) using HTML, JSPs and Session Beans.
- Used the pluggable Spring MVC architecture and separated the controller, model object, the handler object and the dispatcher and customized them with ease.
- Developed the middle tier using J2EE (EJBs, Java Servlets and JNDI) under WebLogic Application Server with extensive usage of spring tag libraries and jar files.
- Created persistent beans to interact with the database for storing Client information into the CLIENT table.
- Used Session beans to control the workflow of persistent bean and developed application level logging using Log4J.
- Developed remote client applications to communicate with the Server via Web Services over SOAP
Confidential, Great Falls, VA
- Created various HTML Pages to Validate and record the Order Processing Parameters.
- Developed Java Servlets at server side for handling requests and responses from the web page that were developed using JSP, HTML
- Implemented Database access through JDBC at Server end with Oracle as backend.
- Responsible for Database design and creating database tables.
- Used Borland JBuilder as the development environment for developing the Java code and the Servlets.
- Used Apache Tomcat 4.1 web servers to deploy this application online.
Environment: Tomcat 2.0, JSP1.1 & Java Beans, Camel, Java Script, Servlets, JDBC, Oracle 8i, IBatis, Rational Rose, UML, Borland JBuilder.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Involved in Overall Development and Design for the entire project
- Designed screens for user interface using JSPs and Application for user entry and reporting
- Designed and Developed Java Servlets to store details of requirements, resources and remarks to the database and retrieve data from the database
- Worked using TIBCO Hawk tool for monitoring and managing distributed applications and operating systems
- Involved in Project Maintenance for all Transaction, Helpdesk Request and Management Meeting