Executive Level - IT Management
More than 10 years of driving IT strategy to complement and accelerate core business functions with robust and capable technologies, which have maximized customer revenue as well as internal efficiencies. Subject matter expert with ERP implementation and integration either preceding or following company acquisitions or mergers. Customer-focused driven leader targeting business processes, such as warehouse management, supply chain, and financials, and aligning these with the broader corporate goals.
- Balance the integration of new technology with a critical cost and benefit analysis to central functions, ensuring a competitive advantage without overextension.
- Ensure IT delivers its greatest economic benefits by guaranteeing the improving, and integrating business processes with IT systems
- Transform proprietary or diverse IT systems into a shared and uniform infrastructure.
- Full divisional P & L and budgeting responsibility.
- Hire and mentor a global IT team for start-ups and established mature businesses focusing on ERP integration, supply chain management, EDI, and wireless communication.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in small- or large-group settings when presenting to executive management, the Board, vendors, the core IT team, and support or technical personnel.
- Proficient with global ERP implementation and integration: manufacturing, inventory management, shipping, receiving, procurement, customer sales order management, financials, customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain, data warehousing, data recovery/off-site back-up, help desk, web sites, telephone, video, security, and facilities.
03/10 - Present Confidential, Binghamton, NY
Director of Information Technology
Performance Impact: Assumed leadership of IT in an organization which is in midst of a turnaround, and without IT leadership for a period of three years. Developed 3-year IT Strategy in order to refresh legacy SAP ERP system, other business applications, and infrastructure in order to meet current business needs/processes.
- Developed 3 year IT strategy to align IT and business needs
- Reorganized IT Department in order to better serve business model
- Conducted IT customer survey in order to better understand business view and needs of IT
- Led Business Project Team with responsibility to perform upgrade, and streamline business processes with focus on supply chain
03/08 - 12/09 Confidential, Ridgefield Park, NJ
Consultant, ERP Implementation Specialist and Supply Chain Management
Performance Impact: Collaborated with clients Wal-Mart US and Wal-Mart Mexico to generate more than $1 MM in off-the-shelf sales by establishing ERP supply chain buy-sell business processes. Ensured the integrity and congruity of data migration and installed system with majority of "best practices" solutions and built-on custom application extensions where necessary.
- Delivered client ERP strategy to funnel all information ideally into a single database.
- Improved business efficiency by 9% (determined by same-day invoicing) by standardizing electronic data interchange (EDI) between client and it's partners.
03/04 - 10/07 Confidential, Florham Park, NJ
A $500 MM company focusing on life science products. Acquired by GE in 2007.
Global IT Director
Performance Impact: Developed IT strategic plan, in conjunction with corporate goals, and to integrate and upgrade company's business systems, servers, networks, and phone systems. Within 18 months, improved the IT department's overall company performance from an internal customer score of 72% to 95%. Reorganized the IT group to align with company's global reach. Consolidated legacy, fragmented ERP, and CRM systems into SAP and QAD based on business needs, while supporting business reengineering to support global operations. This resulted in one set of shared skills and processes for the following: sales orders processing, supply chain management, distributions, internal sales, management reporting, financials and sales consolidations.
- Reduced 17 individual data centers into 2 global data centers headquartered in the UK and US. Created a global application fabric, standardized regional communications, and aligned IT strategies with company's objectives sales plans.
- Gained support and Board approval for $6.5 MM operating budget and a $12.5 MM capital budget by formulating, communicating, and garnering buy-in of an IT strategy to complement business objectives.
- Led the Global ERP system implementation (SAP, and QAD) and managed the process development team to achieve practical applications portfolio, and sharing information in real time with multi-national organizations, distributors, and suppliers.
- Developed same-day billing capabilities to generate invoices in real time as goods or services were delivered between Whatman China and Whatman US, and to all distributors globally. Utilized SAP ERP system, EDI, and EFT transport.
- Responsible for Global IT staff of 50+ full time employees, and consultants. Hired and trained 30 IT applications, and infrastructure managers/employees throughout the US, UK, Germany, China, Singapore, and Japan.
01/03 - 02/04 Confidential, Houston, Texas
A real-time technology company connecting employees to remote assets and enterprise systems
Project Manager, a contract position
Performance Impact: Used global positioning satellite devises and in-house designed wireless-based recording mechanisms to develop a strategy to collect real-time data from oil well rigs and other remote, powerless sites to provide a national routing map for trucking services (collections and deliveries), which reduced 17 regional dispatch centers to four.
- Automated real-time field ticketing, dispatching, invoicing and payroll activities from 56 local dispatch centers and approximately 2,000 vehicles that support oil well drilling and services via wireless communications architecture.
- Negotiated a 30% component cost reduction from vendor to design new system.
- Developed new remote-site product life cycle modeling for future software projects.
03/00 - 01/03 Confidential, Austin, TX
Performance Impact: Researched companies seeking capital funding for IT based start-ups, assessing present and future market demands based on comparative statistical analyses.
03/97 - 01/00 Confidential, San Jose, CA
A start-up company which grew to $1+ BB company focusing on secure global data center storage
solutions and services
Director of IT
Performance Impact: Joined company during initial phase of first product ideation, to realization. Drove IT strategy supporting business transition from a private $0 start-up to its IPO with an ultimate company value of over $1 BB.
- Reduced new product test time by 66% (9 days to 3 days) allowing for faster time to market often beating out rival, Cisco.
- Establish a new IT Department by recruiting and developing a new 8-person IS and IT department staff including: Unix/NT administrators, network engineer, business analysts, web developers, and Help Desk supporting 16 Solaris, 8 NT, 3 Exchange, and 50 test servers with gigabit Ethernet network (advanced for the time) for applications at 99% uptime.
- Implemented an ERP system within 12 weeks managing company financials, order entry, inventory, procurement, and rules-based configurator modules through QAD, which was eventually replaced by Oracle e-Business applications.
- Ensured manufacturing lead time of 2 days or less by implementing a sales forecasting process and planning bills of material.
- Managed deployment of Solaris High Availability, Veritas File System, and Backup/Restore.
08/94 - 02/97 Confidential, Houston, TX
Supplier of wireless telecommunications satellite earth stations and microwave radios
Director of IT
Performance Impact: Stretched and adapted the ERP business application landscape to accommodate four company mergers within 12 months representing a global product reach. Blended and upgraded 5 ERP systems incorporating core business applications.
- Managed a 19-person team comprised of analysts, DBAs, network engineers, administrators, and desktop support for four sites with 6 HP-UX, 13 Solaris, 10 Windows NT, 4 MS Exchange servers, and corporate network for voice, data and video.
- Designed corporate WAN connecting 17 sites.
- Consolidated a cross-country relocation of 3 business units and manufacturing facilities into one location.
- Managed a $5.7 MM fiscal budget for IT and telephony infrastructure.
QAD Rapid Achievement Award for MFG/PRO Implementation (1998)
Department of the Month, Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. (1998)
Department of Month, California Microwave, Inc. (1996)
- Programming/Database Languages: C, SQL, HTML, SQL Server 2000, MySQL, Progress and dBase
- Business Applications: ERP systems, SAP, Oracle Apps, CRM systems, Seibel, MFG/PRO, eB2, Epicor Vantage, Symix/SiteLine, Agile, Remedy, Clarify, Minx, and Expandable
- Operating Systems: Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Windows Server 2007, XP and AS400
- Network: LANs, WANs, SANs, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, VPN, Wi-Fi, satellite and microwave radio media
- Telecomm Systems: Cisco, Nortel Meridian, Octel Overture 2000, and Toshiba
Education and Certifications
Bachelor of Science in E-Business, Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Confidential, Clarksville, TN†
Confidential, Central Campus, Houston, TX
Cisco Certified Network Associate (2004)
Microsoft Certified Professional for Windows Server 2003 (2004)
ISO 9001 Internal Auditor and ISO 9001 Documentation Certification (1998)
Honorable discharge, Confidential (04/86 to 12/91)
Tour of duty with 101st Airborne Division, South Korea and Germany†
Specialization in Infantry and Computer Operations