- Over 7 plus years of extensive IT experience in Data warehousing and Business intelligence with emphasis on Business Requirements Analysis, Application Design, Development, testing, implementation and maintenance of client/server Data Warehouse and Data Mart systems.
- Involved in the Data Analysis for source and target systems and good understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Dimensions, Facts and Star, Snow flake Schemas.
- Experience in writing database scripts such as SQL queries, PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Indexes, Functions, Views, Materialized views and Triggers.
- Experience in integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, DB2, XML and flat files into staging area.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Client Tools - Source Analyzer, Target Designer, Transformations Developer, Mapplet and Mapping Designer, Task Developer, Workflow Monitor .
- Vast experience in designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy, Union, Sequence Generator, Sorter, Rank, Normalizer etc.
- Expertise in Query Analyzing, performance tuning of Informatica mappings
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts to support and automate the ETL process.
- Performed data validation by Unit Testing, integration testing and System Testing.
- Created UNIX scripts for parsing and modifying data and experience in using AUTOSYS/CONTROL M job scheduler for automation of unix shell scripts and batch scheduling.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is experienced in working with senior level managers, business people and developers across multiple disciplines.
- Good Project Coordination skills, onsite coordination and offshore team management.
Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.5/8.1.1/7.x/6.x, Power Mart 6.2/5.1,Informatica Power Connect, Informatica Power Exchange, Oracle Warehouse Builder.
Oracle 11i/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Teradata, sybase, DB2
SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting.
UNIX, Windows 2000/2003/NT, Linux, Sun Solaris, HP-UNIX, IBMAIX.
Business Intelligence Tools
Cognos Report Studio, SSRS.
TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL *Plus, PL/SQL Developer, SQL * Loader
Data Modeling Tools
Erwin 4.5/4.1, MS Visio
Confidential,Lyndhurst, NJ June 2011 – Till date
Sr Informatica Developer
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings based on the business requirements.
- Extracted Data from different Source Systems like Oracle, SQL Server and Flat files.
- Developed PL/SQL stored procedures for database updates and to create the necessary indexes in the target tables.
- Extensively used Informatica tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like Source qualifier, expression, Router, filter, update strategy, Connected and Un-connected lookup, Normalizer.
- Performed Data Transformations using joiner, Aggregator, Update strategy.
- Used mapping parameters and variables.
- Creating sessions, worklets and workflows for carrying out test loads.
- Created the Deployment groups to move the workflows from one environment to the other.
- Designed/Created the plan for the Master workflows that are to be scheduled to run on daily and monthly basis.
- Performed the performance evaluation of the ETLs for full load cycle.
- Use of Agile methods within my team, implementing code versioning and improving documentation.
- Responsible for Unit testing, system and integration testing.
- Experienced in optimizing the SQL queries to improve the performance.
- Checked Sessions and error logs to troubleshoot problems and also used debugger for complex problem troubleshooting.
- Identified and fixed bottlenecks and tuned the complex Informatica mappings for better performance. Used Autosys to schedule session runs.
- Created test cases for carrying out unit testing and part of functional testing.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2008, Sybase 11.0, Teradata V2R5, UNIX Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, Flat Files, TOAD9.6, SQL Loader, Autosys.
Confidential,Pleasanton, CA Sep 2010 – June 2011
- Analyzed source data and involved in gathering business requirements from the end users.
- Informatica Power Center is used to extract, transform and load data from different Operational data sources like Oracle, DB2 and flat file.
- Coordinating with source systems owners and involved in day-to-day ETL progress monitoring. Also involved in Data warehouse Target schema design (star schema) and maintenance.
- Worked on delimited flat file sources.
- Worked on Database Triggers, Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Constraints.
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplets and used them in complex mappings.
- Created different transformations for loading the data into target database Using e.g. Source Qualifier, Joiner Transformation, Update Strategy, Lookup Transformation, Rank transformation, Expressions, Aggregator, and Sequence Generator.
- Used mapping Parameters and Variables to pass the values between sessions.
- Developed mappings with Transformations and Mapplets confirming to the business rules.
- Created tasks like Timer Event Raise, Event Wait, Decisions, and Email.
- Data Enhancements and deliverables done to QA Environment Successfully.
- Automated Informatica flow of loading data by using Autosys scheduler.
- Followed Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Performance tuning of sources, targets, mappings and SQL queries in the transformations.
- Designed reusable transformations and Mapplets to be re used with various mappings.
- Performing Unit, Integration and Regression testing and preparing Test Cases for the same.
- Defined roles and responsibilities within the team and reviewing deliverables.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.5 (Repository Manager, Designer Tools like Source Designer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping and Mapplet Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor), DB2 8.0, Oracle 10g, UNIX Shell Scripting, Autosys.
Confidential,Detroit, MI Jan 2009 - Aug 2010
- Worked with the Business analysts for requirements gathering and project coordination.
- Design and Development of data validation and load processes (using PL/SQL, SQL) and pre-session, post-session routines and batch execution routines using UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling (relational and multi-dimensional) using ERWIN and used Power Plug to forward engineer to Informatica Repository.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions.
- Involved in Data Extraction from Oracle and Flat Files using SQL Loader.
- Design and Development of ETL routines using Informatica Power Center 8.1. Within the Informatica Mappings, usage of Lookups, Aggregator, Ranking, Mapplets, connected and unconnected stored procedures / functions, SQL overrides usage in Lookups and source filter usage in Source qualifiers and data flow management into multiple targets using Routers was extensively done.
- Performance Monitoring and tuning of SQL using Explain Plans and Oracle Hints and tuning of Informatica mappings using SQL overrides and source filters and managing cache file allocations and sizes.
- Extensively used SQL*Loader to load data from flat files to database tables in Oracle.
- Developed and tested all the Informatica Data mappings, sessions and workflows involving several Tasks.
- Strong Experience on writing SQL Queries, PL/SQL Procedures in Oracle Database.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1, Oracle 10g, UNIX, Windows XP, UNIX Shell Scripts, PL/SQL, TOAD.
Confidential, Jan 2007 –Nov 2008
- Responsible to meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to Gather and analyze application requirements.
- Developed end-to-end ETL processes for Trade Management Data Mart Using Informatica.
- Worked on source analyzer, Ware House Designer, Mapping and Mapplet Designer, Workflow manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Used Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Router, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy and Lookup Transformation to manipulate data related to customers.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings, Mapplets and Sessions for data loads and data cleansing.
- Extensively worked on confirmed Dimensions for the purpose of incremental loading of the target database.
- Analyzed various bottlenecks at source, target, mapping and session level.
- Tuning of the mappings and SQL Scripts for a better performance.
Informatica Power Center 8.1.1/7.1, Power Exchange, Erwin, Oracle 9i, DB2, XML, TSQL, MS SQL Server 2005, Teradata, UNIX.
Confidential,INDIA Jun 2004- Dec 2006
- As a part of 3-member team, was involved in design, development and Implementation of the module.
- Worked with ETL tool Informatica to create mappings and workflows and Transformations.
- Configured Repository Manager, created folders and managed objects in repository Manager for Informatica.
- Worked on Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet and Transformations.
- Used Filter, Router, Aggregator, Lookup, Expression, and Update the Mapping Strategy transformations whenever required in the mapping.
- Involved in creation of sessions and scheduling of sessions.
- Creation of different kinds of reports about Tables, Views, Synonyms etc. from the Oracle Database.
- Improved the performance of long running jobs by updating the SQL statements and creating indexes.
Environment: Oracle8i, Informatica 6.1(Source Designer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping and Mapplet Designer, Workflow designer, Workflow Monitor) windows xp, SQL.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communications .