- Over 8 years of IT experiences in application Design, Development and Implementation of Data Warehouse & Data Marts using ETL Tools (Informatica PowerCenter/Power Exchange 9.5.1HF2 /9.1/ for, Health Care, Insurance, Banking, Pharmaceuticals, Wireless etc industries.
- Extensive experiences in Data Modeling to create Logical & Physical design for Relational (OLTP) & (EDW), Dimensional Data Modeling (OLAP) for Star, Snowflake Schema for Fact & Dimension Tables using Data Modeling tools ERwin, Embarcadero, created Data Mapping documents, writing functional specifications, queries in Test and Product Environments.
- Experienced in Informatica Architecture/Administration for installation, and configuring the Application (Integration, Repository, Web Hub, SAP BW etc.) services for configuration of Domain /Gateway services( Authentication, Configuration, Service Management, Log Services etc) using the Administration Consol, Repository Manager tools.
- Experienced in Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), WSDL, SOAP, Web Services, Clean, Integration, Import, Data Analysis and Export using Informatica ETL tools and developing the Data Warehouse /Data Marts system, using various RDBMS (Oracle 11g/ 10g/ 9i, DB2, Teradata, MS - SQL Server).
- Proficient in interacting with the business users. Pioneered in load strategies for loading data from various source systems to Target, dealt with SCD Type1/Type2 loading, capturing the Data Changes.
- Experienced in working with all Informatica Tools Repository Manager, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor to build and run the workflows.
- Skilled to Develop, Test & Tune the Mappings, Sessions & Workflows in Data Warehousing.
- Excellent to write the Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Functions by PL/SQL, SQL Scripts.
- Experienced in identifying the Bottlenecks for Performance Tuning, understanding the data of Data Warehousing Decision Support Systems (DSS), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), and MicroStrategy for Business Intelligence & creating the various reports using the Cognos.
- Experienced as Database Administrator in 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, Flashback, RMAN to recover the data,
- Database Design, Designing Enterprise level Backup/ Recovery procedure, Database Performance Tuning, Oracle Table Partitioning, Database Architecture, Monitoring, and Database Migration, SQL Developer, Reports 6i/9i and forms 6i/9i.
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills & vivid analytical ability to solve the problems.
- Team player, motivated and dynamic with excellent oral and written communication skills.
ETL Tools: Power Center, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ), Power Exchange, IDD, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server, Teradata
Reporting Tools: Microstrategy,Business Objects, Crystal Reports, OBIEE.
Development Tools: PL/SQL, SQL, Developer 2000, Oracle Developer Suite, SQL Plus, SSRS, Toad 8.x/9.x/10.x.
OLAP Tools: Business Objects 5.0, Oracle Discoverer 4.1, Cognos Series 8 Transformer6.5, Power Play 6.5.
Operating Systems: UNIX (putty), Sun OS, AIX, Windows, Mainframe.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Informatica IDQ/MDM Developer
- Used Address Doctor extensively for North America Address validations. Built several reusable components on IDQ using Standardizers and Reference tables which can be applied directly to standardize and enrich Address information.
- Experience in extracting addresses from multiple heterogeneous source like flat files, oracle, SAS and SQL server.
- Created custom rules to validate zip codes, states and segregated address data based on country.
- Created web services for address mapplets of different countries to integrate with SOAP UI.
- Used Informatica MDM 10.1 (Siperion) tool to manage Master data of EDW.
- Extracted consolidated golden records from MDM base objects and loaded into downstream applications.
- Extensively involved in ETL testing, Created Unit test plan and Integration test plan to test the mappings, created test data. Use of debugging tools to resolve problems.
- Created reference tables to standardize data.
- Experience in validating data quality & business rules by using Mapping document and FSD to maintain the data integrity.
- Experience in writing SQL test cases for Data quality validation.
- Experience in various data validation and Data analysis activities to perform data quality testing.
- Experience in Investigating and communicating data quality issues and data failures to onsite DQ development team and fix them.
- Experience in end to end Data quality testing and support in enterprise warehouse environment
- Experience in maintaining Data Quality, Data consistency and Data accuracy for Data Quality projects.
- Provided production support to schedule and execute production batch jobs and analyzed log files in Informatica 8.6/& 9.1 Integration servers.
- Experience in Data profiling and Scorecard preparation by using Informatica Analyst.
- Strong knowledge in Informatica IDQ 9.6.1 transformations and power center tool.
- Strong exposure in source to target data flows and Data models for various Data quality projects.
- Involved in daily status call with onsite Project Managers, DQ developers to update the test status and defects.
- Strong knowledge in Databases, Data ware house concepts, ETL process and Business Intelligence.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.6, Informatica Data Quality 9.6.1, Informatica MDM 10.1, SQL Server 2016/2014, Unix, Autosys
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Worked with Informatica Data Quality 9.0.1 (IDQ) toolkit, Analysis, data cleansing, data matching, data conversion, exception handling, and reporting and monitoring capabilities using IDQ 9.0.1.
- Perform System Analysis and Requirement Analysis, design and write technical documents and test plans.
- Created a Hybrid process in IDQ by combining both IDQ Developer and analyst version through LDO(Logical Design Objects)
- Worked extensively on IDQ Analyst for Profiling, Creating rules on Profiling and Scorecards.
- Worked with Management for creating the requirements and estimates on the Project.
- Assisted Business Analyst with drafting the requirements, implementing design and development of various components of ETL for various applications.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, table spaces and data quality checks.
- Designed IDQ mappings which is used as Mapplets in Power center.
- Developed numerous mappings using the various transformations including Address Validator, Association, Case Converter, Classifier, Comparison, Consolidation, Match, Merge, Parser.
- Created Complex ETL Mappings to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, Dynamic Lookup, and Connected and unconnected lookups, Filters, Sequence, Router and Update Strategy
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions both SCD Type 1 & SCD Type 2.
- Developed Test Scripts, Test Cases, and SQL QA Scripts to perform Unit Testing, System Testing.
- Communicate with business users to understand their problem if required and send workaround to solve the issue and find the root cause and advice if required any enhancement.
- Responsible for tuning of ETL processes.
- Design and develop mappings, sessions and workflow as per the requirement and standards.
- Responsible for making changes in the existing configuration wherever required, making customizations according to the business requirements, testing and successfully moving the changes into production.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) 9.0.1, Informatica IDQ Analyst, Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, FTP, MS-Excel, MS-Access.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Informatica ETL Developer
- Involved in Analyzing the System requirements, implementation of star schema & Involved in designing and development of data warehouse environment.
- Gathered requirements with Business Users and converted them into project documentation.
- Performed unit testing, system integration testing, and supported user acceptance testing.
- Extensively worked with Informatica - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Transformation developer, Mapplet Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor to develop various complex mappings, mapplets, reusable transformations, session tasks and Workflows.
- Led team of 5 and also worked with them in developing and delivering the project on time.
- Prepared ER Diagram to get DB Governance Approvals from DBAs to create new set of DB Structures and relations.
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for Incremental updates
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning at the Source level, Target level, Mapping Level and Session Level.
- Used Workflow manager to create and configure workflow and session task to load data. Used Informatica workflow monitor to create, monitor workflow in case of process failures.
- Developed Re usable Transformations, and Re-Usable Mapplets.
- Worked with Shortcuts across Shared and Non Shared Folders.
- Involved in performance tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks at BODS and database level.
- Created SSIS packages for extracting, transforming and loading the data from SQL Server 2000 and flat files.
- Migrated Informatica mapping to the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to transform data from SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005.
- Used transformations like Joiner, Expression, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Filter, Aggregator, Store Procedure, Rank, Update Strategy, Router and Sequence generator.
- Created mapplets for reusing transformation logic in multiple mappings.
- Wrote the PL/SQL procedures for data extraction, transformation and loading.
- Extensively worked on Business Objects XI R3/6.5.
- Resolved loops by creating Aliases.
- Writing PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database. Tuning of SQL queries for better performance.
- Performed the Integrity check and finally exported to the repository.
- Generated various Full clients, thick client reports as per the requirement.
- Created reports using multiple data providers.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, @Functions, Cross Tab, variables and Formulae etc.
- Modified reports according to the client's requirement and deploying to the production.
- Resolved many issues faced during the Production support.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6, Teradata, Repository Manager, Designer, Work Flow Manager, Business Objects XI R3/6.5, Business Objects 4.x, Oracle 11g/10g, UNIX, LINUX, SQL Server 2008/2005, DB2, Flat Files, CSV files, Toad.
- Involved in gathering functional and technical requirements.
- Interacted with business community and gathered requirements based on changing needs. Incorporated identified factors into Informatica mappings to build the Data Mart.
- Most of the transformations used were source qualifier, Aggregators, Connected & unconnected lookups, Filters & Sequence generators.
- Developed complex mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations, which were optimized for maximum performance.
- Created reusable transformations and Mapplets and used them in mappings.
- Wrote stored PL/SQL procedures for certain Business Requirements
- Written SQL overrides in source Qualifier according to business requirements
- Created Packages and Triggers to parse XML data into the staging area.
- Designed Sequential Workflow using Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor for whole process.
- Created sessions and workflows for designed mappings.
- Performance Tuning of Sessions and Mappings.
- Involved in testing universes and reports for correct mapping of the objects and data correctness.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 6.1, Business Objects, Quest Toad for Oracle, Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, Flat Files, UC4, Erwin, MS Visio, UNIX, Windows.