- Over 8 years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Data warehouses, data marts using Informatica Power Center with Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2 and Teradata databases, HIVE and HDFS.
- ETL: Good Experience using Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager), Informatica MDM, PowerConnect, Power Exchange, IDQ, Data Stage etc.
- Databases: 6 years of experience using Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, Teradata, Teradata SQL Assistant, MYSQL
- Worked and have good knowledge in Agile mode of Software Development methodology.
- Have worked in Financial and Investments areas and so have good ability to handle huge and confidential data.
- Experience writing daily batch jobs using UNIX/PERL shell scripts, and developing complex UNIX/PERL Shell Scripts for automation of ETL.
- Scheduling ESP jobs/ workload automation using CA WA workstation. Monitoring, defect fixing, generating incident ticket based on the issues raised running these jobs.
- Proficient in implementing complex business rules through different kinds of Informatica transformations, Workflows/Worklets and Mappings/Mapplets.
- Good Experience in writing test scripts for Unit Testing Informatica Power center Mappings and workflows using RubyMine.
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS concepts, Data Modeling (Facts and Dimensions, Star/Snow Flake Schemas ), Data Migration, Data Cleansing and ETL Processes.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that whatever we developed satisfies the business requirements using Test cases.
- Hands on experience in writing, testing and implementation of the PL/SQL, triggers, storedprocedures, functions, packages.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Good Knowledge on SSIS,SSRS and SSAS.
- Working in Agile space gave an advantage learning different kinds of Test strategies like Functional, Regression and Integration testing.
- Have experience working Onsite and Offshore which gained excellent communication and instant problem solving skills.
- SDLC: Have good experience in a Full life cycle of Software Development (SDLC) including Business Requirements Gathering & Analysis, System Study, Application Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, System Maintenance and Documentation
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.6/9.5/9.1/8.6.1/ 8.5/ 8.1.1/8.0/7 (Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet, Transformations)
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, DB 2 8.0/7.0/6.0, Teradata, MS SQL server, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, IBM DB2, Netezza, MS Access 7.0/2000, MYSQL
Data Modeling: Erwin, Oracle Designer, Rational Rose 4.0
Querying tools: SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer, Squirrel - Sql, Query Analyzer
Languages: C, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Perl Scripting Language, Java, SAP ABAP/4, HTML, XML
Tools: CA WA Workstation, Rubymine 8.2.0, Autosys, Tidal, Control M
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Involved actively in Team Discussions for understanding and creating user stories for different projects like PAM, LMS, JEFFERSON NATIONAL, INFOSTREAM SUNSET, INFORMATION DELIVERY and DPIM Summary Load Report
- Gained knowledge during extensive research as a part of POC (proof of concept) in multiple projects.
- Gathered all the requirements for starting the build and then helped Analysts estimating the exact time that the build, test and prod support needs.
- Designing Informatica mappings and workflows for Summary Load Report using Informatica Powercenter 9.6.1.
- Developed Perl scripts for jobs to run the Informatica workflows.
- Manual Testing and checking if all requirements are met like Email alerts or automatic ticket creation after running the workflows.
- Writing Unit Test case scenarios (UAT) for all the workflows in Rubymine and running them to check the basic fatal errors.
- ESP job scheduling for running these jobs as a batch using CA WA workstation and monitoring them for any defects at the time scheduled
- Responsible for Data Integration Run, Small Enhancements and Production Support.
- Ensuring Adherence to Financial, Scheduling and quality expectations for assigned work.
- Understand and Reverse Engineer Complicated Data Flows and Batch Processes in order to Understand, Identify, and Correct Production Defects.
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.6.1, Oracle11g, Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer, Windows, Toad, Netezza, WinScp, Putty, CA WA workstation, CICS, RubyMine.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
S r.Informatica Developer
- Converting logical data model to Physical data model in RSA and script generation for DBA’s.
- Created Document (TSD) from high-level design.
- Experience with Performance Tuning for Oracle RDBMS using Explain Plan and HINTS.
- Implemented Change Data Capture using Informatica Power Exchange.
- Managing development team in offshore and provide status to senior management.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data matching
- Actively involved in knowledge sharing, documentation and troubleshooting any SAP business objects related problems.
- Created documentation for the projects (TDD& Data Mapping documents) as per the Use Case documents.
- Developed mappings, workflows to pull data from Informix.
- Responsible for all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale data warehouses using PowerCenter and PowerExchange.
- Responsible for Deployment of ETL and DB changes to higher environments.
- Used TOAD and MS SQL Server to run SQL queries and validate the data in warehouse and mart.
- Performed Unit Testing and Component Integration testing before handing over the code to QA and UAT phases.
- Designed and Developed of UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Involved in Debugging and Defect fixing of Mappings.
- Involved in Review of mappings and workflows developed by Peers and report the defects.
- Created documents to hand over the project to support team.
Environment: Informatica Power center 9.6, Oracle11g, UNIX, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Server 2005, Windows, Toad 10.0, Netezza, SQL Developer 4.0, WinScp, Putty.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Worked closely with a project team for gathering the business requirements and interacted with business analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Analyzed the functional specs provided by the data architect and created technical specs documents for all the mappings.
- Used Informatica Designer to create, Load, Update mappings using different transformations to move data to different data marts in Data Warehouse.
- Developed and modified PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, triggers, reports as per business requirements to make new enhancements and to resolve problems & for various data cleansing activities.
- Developed, modified, and optimized complex queries for data retrieval and modification.
- Responsible for extracting large volumes of data feed from different data sources, performed transformations and loaded the data into various Target.
- Created source, target, transformations, sessions, batches and defined schedules for the sessions.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to run the multiple workflows, and other shell script and store procedure
- Made substantial contributions in simplifying the development and maintenance of ETL by creating re-usable Source, Target, Mapplets, and Transformation objects.
- Created users and user groups with appropriate privileges and permissions, folders and folder permissions in Repository manager.
- Participated in designing the data model using Erwin.
- Involved in Unit and Integrating testing of Informatica Sessions, Batches and the Target Data.
- Prepared ETL mapping Documents for every mapping and Data Migration document for smooth transfer of project from development to testing environment and then to production environment.
- Preparing and using test data/cases for UATto verify accuracy and completeness of ETL process.
- Prepared Run books providing guidelines to troubleshoot the errors occurred during the run time and instructions on how to restart the loads.
- Actively involved in the production support and transferred knowledge to the other team members
Environment: Informatica 9.5, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 11i/10g, Teradata, PL/SQL, Power exchange, TOAD, Windows XP, UNIX, ERWIN
Confidential, Rocky hill, CT
- Design, Development and Documentation of the ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load) strategy to populate the Data Warehouse from the various source systems.
- Worked on Informatica 8.6.1 client tools like Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in design and development of complex ETL mappings.
- Implemented partitioning and bulk loads for loading large volume of data.
- Developed Mapplets, Worklets and Reusable Transformations for reusability.
- Identified performance bottlenecks and Involved in performance tuning of sources, targets, mappings, transformations and sessions to optimize session performance.
- Identified bugs in existing mappings/workflows by analyzing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
- Performance Tuning by session partitions, dynamic cache memory, and index cache.
- Developed Informatica SCD type-I, Type-II mappings. Extensively used almost all the transformations of Informatica including complex lookups, Stored Procedures, Update Strategy, Mapplets and others.
- Implemented update strategies, incremental loads, Data capture and Incremental Aggregation.
- Extensively worked on various Look up Caches like Static, Dynamic, Persistent, and Shared Caches.
- Developed workflow tasks like Email, Event wait, Event Raise, Timer, Command and Decision.
- Created Stored Procedures in PL/SQL.
- Created UNIX Shell scripts and called as pre session and post session commands.
- Developed Documentation for all the routines (Mappings, Sessions and Workflows).
- Involved in scheduling the workflows through Zena Job scheduler using UNIX scripts.
- Played a key role in all the testing phases and responsible for production support as well.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/8.1.1, Oracle 10g, TOAD 10.1, DB2, Flat Files, PL/SQL,ERWIN 7.3 Data Modeling tool, Windows, UNIX
- Participated in User meetings, gathered requirements, discussed the issues to be resolved. Involved in Design, Development, test and implementation of Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows for extracting the data from the multiple legacy systems.
- Extensively worked with Informatica client tools Source Analyzer, Target designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer, Mapping designer, Workflow Manager, and Workflow Monitor.
- Designed and developed various complex mappings, mapplets, reusable transformations, session tasks and Workflows using transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, sequence generator, look up, expression, filter, Joiner, Rank, Router, and Update Strategy.
- Identified bottlenecks Using Debugger in ETL at runtime on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Performed tuning of Informatica sessions by implementing database partitioning, increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length, target based commit interval and SQL overrides.
- Implemented SCD Type 1, Type 2 & Type 3 mappings and created staging tables to do validations against data before loading data into original fact and dimension tables.
- Involved in writing triggers, cursors, procedures, functions in Oracle 9i for various purposes and optimizing the SQL to improve performance.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to transport flat files from different ordering systems to the ETL server.
- Written UNIX shell scripts to automate manual tasks.
- Developed weekly and quarterly reports into Excel and PDF format from Business Objects.
- Involved in creation of Classes, Objects and Universes for reporting purpose using Business Objects Designer.
- Supported the production implementation of the data warehouse, monitored jobs & fixed failed scripts.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, MS SQL server, DB2, SQL* Loader, SAP R/3 databases, XML, Teradata, TOAD, Windows XP, Unix, Informatica Scheduler, Business Objects.