- Over 8 years of Experience in the IT Industry on Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence/Service Oriented Web Application Development with skills of Data Analysis and Best Practices.
- Having 2+ years of solid experience in Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence for informatica implementations in Data Migration, Data Quality Monitoring using Informatica Power Center.
- Hands on 6 years of strong experience in Development, Integration of web based and Client/Server service oriented applications using Java, J2EE, Spring, and Struts on various RDBMS.
- Extensive experience in analysis, design, and development of Web Application and ETL Data Processes.
- Hands on the development of informatica mappings, complex transformation development and executing the large scale data processing using Informatica/UNIX scripting.
- Developed strategies for integrating data from various source systems and implemented, supported for very large scale data processing application.
- Tuning the Informatica mappings and SQL for optimal load performance and best practices of QA activities.
- Created sessions and batches using Informatica Workflow Manager and monitored with Workflow monitor.
- Handled application enhancements and provided resolution for all data related production issues.
- Extensive experience on Oracle database in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Exception Handling, Constraints, Triggers, Index, Views and Inline views, SQL LOADER.
- Proficient in Web based Technologies Using Java, J2EE, Servlets, Java Server Pages, JDBC, spring and STRUTS Framework, Oracle 9i/10g/11g.
Language(s): J2EE, Servlets, JDBC, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, and UNIX shell Scripting
Data Warehousing: ETL - Informatica Power Center 9.6 and Oracle Warehouse Builder
OLAP Tools: Cognos 8.0 Reports, Business Objects 5.1
Database Modeling Tool: Erwin Data Modeler r7
Database(s): ORACLE 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2000/2005, MongoDB3.2
Web/Application Server: Weblogic, Apache Tomcat
Operating System: MS DOS, MS Windows 9x/2000, Windows NT, Linux 3.0
Other Tools: Toad 11.0, Eclipse, MS-Office, Sql Developer 4.1
Informatica Senior Developer
Confidential, Hoboken, NJ
- Responsible in Process Strategies involving in the conversion lifecycle. Laying down the ETL architecture, Process flow, data integration, data validations and error handling.
- Translated Business Requirements into Technical Specifications.
- Designed the Mapping Specifications based on the Transformation rules to load the data from source to the Target.
- As one of the projects Converted Complex Oracle Stored Procedures logic into Informatica Code. Designed and Deployed many UNIX Shell Scripts one of which was developed to generate an Email if Informatica Workflow doesn’t Start/End as per Schedule.
- Developed Re-usable transformations, Mapplets to use them for data load to data warehouse and database (Oracle).
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Batches and Sessions.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Effectively Used SQl Transformation in Informatica.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems to Staging tables and then to Data Mart.
- Effectively performed Peer to Peer Code Reviews.
- Effectively used Persistent caches, Informatica Lookup Overrides and other optimizing techniques to improve the Session performance considerably.
- Used Parameter files to pass queries, define Mapping, Session Parameters, column values that frequently change etc.
- Developed detailed Test cases for all the Informatica mappings.
- Developed Shell Scripts to perform tasks like starting the Informatica workflow from the Script, used looping techniques, naming the file with the Date file was generated.
- Developed many oracle Stored Procedures as part or requirements for PL/SQL Team.
- Developed Workflows containing different Tasks like Worklets (Both Reusable and Non Reusable), Session, Decision, Assignment, and Control).
- Created User-defined variables which were part of the workflow/worklet’s link condition, used inbuilt variables as part of the conditions like target rows etc
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.6, Oracle 11g, Sql Developer 4.1, UNIX, Cron job, ERwin 4.5.
Informatica Senior Developer
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Captured the data acquisition from various legacy sources and analyzed the data insights with business implementation requirement.
- Involved in the design of ETL architecture with Project Manager, Data Architect, Business Analyst and all the other stakeholders of downstream team.
- Analyzed the client’s requirements, High Level Design, Business Rules and Low-level design.
- Developed the ETL mapping and reusable transformations using Power Center.
- Performed the Code Quality testing across all the developments with Do and don’t checklist, and best Practices of Data Cleansing, Data consistent, and Data Quality patterns.
- Developed the SQL, PL/SQL, Stored procedures and Triggers on Oracle.
- Understanding clients various Source systems and Target System (Data Warehouse, Data Mart and HR Analytic s Data mart).
- Performed the test plan/ test cases for the development of Data Marts/ Requirements/ Functionalities
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Oracle Database Admin Console, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11g, OBIEE reports and TOAD SQL Tool.
- Participated in Business requirement, documents review meetings and design review meetings to understand the application and business processes.
- Worked closely with Business Analyst to understand Requirements.
- Prepared/Reviewed SQL queries and Test Data for ETL and Reporting Test cases.
- Plan for Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
- Reported Defects/Defect Management using Quality Center.
- Attended Daily and weekly status calls, Defect Tracking Calls, CR Calls and prepared Daily and Weekly status Reports.
Environment: HP ALM 11.0, Toad 11.0, Informatica 9.1, Share point, Cognos and Oracle 11g.
- Participated in requirements gathering and design phases of the application.
- Performed for analysing, understanding the Business Requirements and technical specifications.
- Extensively involved in server side development using J2EE and spring.
- Involved in maintenance of applications, performing technical change requests scheduled according to the Release Management process.
- Involved in writing SQL queries and procedures.
- Involved in deployment of the Application and User Training Program
Senior Associate Consultant
- Responded to service tickets and service requests within established time-based requirements.
- Coordinated with internal and external Client resources to isolate and troubleshoot issues resulting with service disruption and outage.
- Managed excellent relationships with IT Operations and business partners to optimize application performance and results.
- Maintain logs of all issues and ensure resolutions according to quality assurance tests for all production impact analysis and quality check processes
Senior Software Engineer
- Understanding the requirements
- Coding the Module.
- Created test plans and test cases for testing the application.