- Around 7 Years of IT experience in development, Implementation and Testing of various projects using Data Warehousing tools.
- Worked on the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, programming, testing and documentation
- Extensively worked in Extraction/Transformation/Loading of the legacy data to Data warehouse using Informatica (Power Center 9.01/8.0.1/8.6.1/7.1.4/6.2.2/5.1 ) including Designer, Repository Manager, Server Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor
- Strong experience in SQL Development, ETL development using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and Reporting solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Upgrading, and Patching Informatica Data Integration software on a UNIX platform.
- Experience with Informartica PowerExchange, PowerCenter Enterprise HA/Grid, pmcmd command line interface, and Security (including Native and LDAP security), MDM Multi - Domain Edition (Siperian) version 9.1.0
- Supported the MDM Architect to assist in the definition and execution for the overall MDM strategy, with clear mastery Data Quality and MDM techniques.
- Worked with Information Analysts to understand the logical data mappings, data rules and match/merge logic for creation of the golden record
- Perform peer document reviews and code reviews to ensure adherence to user requirements as well as applicable standards and conventions.
- Blueprinted the implementation and guided the process through critical junctures like configuration, systems integration and data migration during Informatica PIM installation.
- Experience in designing/developing complex mappings, from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and Normalizer.
- Providing performance improvement related guidance to the Informatica team members
- Extensive experience developing complex mappings with Custom Transformations, XML Sources, Web Services Consumer.
- Extensively worked on loading data into ESSBASE Cubes using Type 1, Type 2
- Improved performance by using Explain Plan, creating appropriate indexes, queries optimization, utilizing table spaces and partitioning schemes.
- Resolving data issues, complete unit testing and complete system documentation for ETL processes
- Create PL/SQL procedures, packages, and functions, as well as windows or UNIX batch scripts where necessary to augment Informatica mappings in the environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to quickly analyze and come-up with an efficient industry standard solution for a given problem
Operating Systems: Windows up/2000/NT/98/95, UNIX, AIX, MS DOC
ETL Tools: Informatica power center 9.6.1/9.5/9.1.0/9.0.1/8.6.1/8.6/7.1.4/6.2, PIM, DAM
OLAP: Business Objects (BOXIR2), Qlikview
Programming Languages: C++, PL/ SQL, TOAD-SQL, SQL * PlusRDBMS: Oracle 8, 9i, 10g, 11g. DB2 8.1, SQL Server 2005
Applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, FrontPage, PowerPoint, MS-Vis
Other Tools: Toad, SQL * Plus, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, SSRS, SSIS, 5.5, Control - M, Autosys, Secure FTP (SSH).
Confidential, Auburn Hills, MI
Sr. Informatica Consultant
- Interacted with Business Users to understand the Business requirements and prepared functional & technical documents to implement the solutions as per Business needs.
- Worked in AGILE (Scrum) software development process using Version One, for the better accurate sign off.
- Involved in end to end SDLC process planning, design, development and implementation of new/enhancements of various Data Mart projects.
- Documented the HLD, TDD and Mapping document as per business requirement and ETL processes.
- Used Power Designer for logical/physical designing of different data marts and integrated warehouse.
- Designed and developed ETL Jobs/Workflows/Data flows using Oracle and DB2 tables as source.
- Created complex mappings that involve slowly changing dimensions (Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3), target load order and constraint based loading using the Power Center Designer.
- Used Cloud Computing to provide data access and storage services to end users without the need or limitation of the physical location and storage requirements at end-user side.
- Extensively used transformations like Aggregator, Expression, Sorter, Sequence Generator, Joiner, Filter, Router, Rank, look up and Update Strategy transformations to model various standardized business processes.
- Developed email notifications for success/failure of ETL process using shell scripts.
- Involved in creating UNIX scripts for automation and JIL's for scheduling the ETL jobs.
- Implemented enhancements to long running ETL jobs using performance tuning via Informatica.
- Extensively used PMCMD commands on command prompt and executed in Unix Shell scripts to Automate the process for delta loads, archival process of files and COPY command operations
- Installation and configuration of PIM solutions in client environment.
- Implemented Informatica PIM and Print solutions - sometimes enhanced with DAM solutions like Celum, Adobe or OpenText.
- Designed the ETL schedules for Daily/Weekly/Monthly jobs as per the business requirements. Created Ad-hoc jobs to perform the initial load for high volume ETL’s
- Prepared Development package which has all the information about Software Configuration Management (SCM) data, Deployment guide and Code review artifacts.
- Compiled test plans and test cases for positive and negative scenarios.
- Worked on tracking, reviewing and fixing ETL defects per the scheduled timeframe using HP Quality Center to log and track defects.
- Applied Reconciliation process & Error handling methodology to the ETL process using Data Movement Control(DMC)
- Involved in upgrading Informatica from 9.1.0 to 9.5
- Used Reusable Transformations and Mapplets to prevent redundancy of transformation usage.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.5/9.1.0/Flatfiles, Informatica PIM, DAM, DB2 9.5, Oracle 11g, Shell Scripting, TWS, PSQL, Oracle SQL developer, Clearcase, Unix.
Informatica Conversion Specialist
- Worked closely with business analysts and reviewed the developed Functional specs, suggested modifications after source analysis.
- Worked with SAP team to identify the target tables, functional modules and data sources.
- Created Tables and Indexes for the staged data in the oracle.
- Developed and maintained ETL (Data Extract, Transformation and Loading) mappings to extract the Data from multiple source systems and loaded into Preload staging tables.
- Designed and developed mappings using various transformations such as source qualifier, expression, connected and un-connected lookup, router, aggregator, filter, sequence generator, update strategy, normalizer, joiner and rank transformations in Power Center Designer.
- Wrote SQL-Overrides and used filter conditions in source qualifier there by improving the performance of the mapping.
- Created mapplets and reusable transformations that provide reusability in mappings.
- Used Informatica debugger in finding out bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow and evaluating transformations and done unit testing for the individual developed mappings.
- Performed end to end data validation tests leveraging Informatica DVO tool.
- Worked on performance issues and bottlenecks to reduce the load time and monitored the data loads.
- Created technical design documents for the developed informatica coding.
- Used Informatica PIM for more integrated data management.
- Created detailed unit test documents with all possible Test cases/Scripts.
- Resolved all bugs that are raised in HP ALM during the functional testing.
- Involved in loading the data from flat files to SAP server using LSMW program.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, Informatica PIM, Power Exchange, Informatica DVO 9.5, Flat files, Oracle 11g, SAP ECC, HPALM, Microsoft Visio, AIX, Cognos and Windows 7.
Confidential, Detroit, MI 3
SSIS/SSRS/ ETL Developer
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated as per requirement.
- Used report items like Tables, Sub Reports, charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports onto the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Created Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub and Linked reports using the SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS as well as managed the subscription and authentication of these reports.
- Created data sources, connection strings and datasets are defined for generating the reports.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Implemented complex ETL strategies using SSIS packages that extracted the data from different heterogeneous sources like Flat Files, Excel Files and dumped into a centralized Data Mart.
- Installed SQL server 2012 and migrated all ETL packages and reports from 2008 to 2012.
- Made use of Event Handlers, Logging, breakpoints and Data Viewers for effective debugging of packages.
- Optimized SSIS packages by using various techniques such as non-blocking, synchronous communication nature transformations, optimizing sources as well as executing packages in parallel.
- Developed Aggregations, Partitions and calculated members for cube as per business requirements.
- Created SSIS packages for file transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Service 2008 R2, SQL Server Reporting Service 2012/2014, Query Analyzer, Index Tuning Wizard, and SQL Profiler Windows Server 2003.
ETL Developer/ PL/SQL
- Worked with Business Analysts and Data Architects in gathering the requirements and designed the Source to Target Mapping Specification Documents.
- Documented Solution Architecture Package (High Level Design Documents).
- Used Informatica an ETL tool to extract data from source systems to target systems. Source systems are mainly Oracle, flat files and XML
- Involved in performing Data Profiling for the new source systems which measures Equipment performance.
- Provide support for reporting and back up support for data and developing ETL transformation using Informatica power mart.
- Performed Data transformations using various OWB Transformations like External tables, Views, stored procedures (transformations), joiner, filter, splitter, union, pre mapping and post mapping, input parameters, sequence generator, constant, Expression, aggregator etc
- Worked with Process flows and created sequence process flows and parallel process flows as sub process flow in master process flows with success or failure notification through email.
- Worked with Location creations and registrations. Worked with OWB locations and file locations
- Handled file check, user defined activities, email, and, or activities with conditional paths.
- Developed a PL/SQL stored procedure which is used in Stored Procedure Transformation in the OWB Mapping to load the flat file into the target tables.
- Written UNIX Shell scripts to transfer the files from the different servers like third-party FTP server.
- Developed UNIX scripts for automation of PL/SQL procedures and for validating the flat files. These scripts are used for System Testing for Source Validations.
- Assisted the Interns by giving KT and helped them in understanding the Business Processes.
Environment: Windows NT/XP, UNIX, Oracle 10g, Oracle Warehouse Builder R2
- Actively participated in the requirement analysis, database design and modeling.
- Participated in the implementation of a payroll system using SQL, Oracle forms & triggers on UNIX platform. Performance tuning of SQL, PL/SQL procedures and the batch jobs. Identifying the issues with SQL trace and extended SQL trace.
- Maintaining different environments and preparing the Bill of materials for code deployment to different environments.
- Responsible for adding the database users, providing required roles, privileges, resting the user passwords and adding the space to the existing table spaces.
- Involved in database administration. Design, development and implementation.
- Responsible for development of forms and interfacing the data selection from the database.
- Assisted in the Development of several reports including tabular, master detail reports.
Environment: Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/