- I have 30 years experience in various cross over IT settings. I’m currently a Professional Technical Architect for Confidential & Confidential Services, Inc., a position I’ve held for over 12 years. I’m currently investigating a technical management position within a corporation that is looking to fill a position for an IT professional.
- My detailed qualifications are described in my accompanying resume, and a brief exert of my skill sets are below. I’m interested in filling a position as a Professional Technical Manager as well as an individual contributor.
- Over 12 years working experience in a multiple data warehouse platform environments, holding roles as Data Analyst, Data Modeler, QA Tester, Programmer, Developer, Database Administrator and Technical Architect.
- Knowledge of Teradata data warehouse platforms, Netezza Data Warehouse platforms, feeder systems that run on Oracle, and silo systems that run on SQL Server. In addition, Modeling tools such as ERWin, and ETL tools as Informatica PowerCenter. And standard database interfaces such as SQL Assistant, TOAD for Oracle, and BO (Business Objects), along with MS - Office Pro application tools.
- My hope is that we can set a date and time to meet and discuss the possibility of working as your newly assigned manager in your IT organization. Please let me know when I will hear back from your companies HR department.
- To use my education, technical skill sets, information management and information technological talents to secure a full time position as a IT Professional.
- Expert level skills using the Teradata Data Warehouse (Mainframe and UNIX platforms), Netezza, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, and MS-Access Shared Database, along with working knowledge of SAP, Business Objects and Crystal Reports
- Expert level skills with the operating systems of MVS-Z/OS (JCL/CTC), Unix & Linux Shell Scripting), and all of the Windows server and desktop operating systems
- Developed and acquired skills in using the latest Microsoft Office Suite professional products as well as other Confidential & Confidential and non- Confidential & Confidential created software applications and industry standard 3rd party hardware and software
- Currently hold, held technical management positions in the role as Technical Architect, Database Administrator, Developer, Programmer, QA Tester, Data Analyst and Data Modeler in a data warehouse environment and many other technical working environments
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex projects and deadlines while following the established company and industry standard process and procedures
Database Administrator/Technical Architect
- Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems.
- Utilize Informatica ETL for extraction and transformation of inbound data and make ready for Teradata table loading for either MVS or Unix based platforms.
- Utilize CA Erwin to review of data models which are used to forward engineer table Confidential .
- Work with TOAD for Oracle to DBA the midrange staging database for use with Informatica, and the extraction of load ready files for the Teradata platforms.
- Interface with both Mainframe and Unix for two separate, very large data warehouses. Attachmate 3270 for the mainframe, and PuTTY & Reflection to interface with rlogin and SFTP to the various Unix platforms as well as Confidential (NDM).
- Interface with SQL Assistant and BO (Business Objects) to the Teradata Platforms, and occasionally the Netezza platform.
- Lead individual team members in all the assigned projects in meetings, and all correspondence
- Assigned workshops and specialize training for each of my team members
- Collected and represented my teams metrics on performance in management meetings
- Worked with my manager on budgetary needs, estimated hours worked, and the actual hours worked by direct hired and contract employees
- Reviewed resumes, performed interviews, and presented to management potential candidates for hire into our growing team of programming developers